PDA

View Full Version : Does any one like Anti-Flag?

RoxnRollBassist
03-14-2007, 06:41 PM
I dont think this thread has been done. So does anyone like anti-flag? i have their new albulm. I think its pretty good. I saw them at wapred and they were cool there too.

0r4ng3
03-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Yeah, they're alright. Most of their older stuff (before Underground Network) sucks, though. I think For Blood and Empire is their best one.

ZagmenO
03-14-2007, 07:50 PM
I do .

opivy21
03-14-2007, 08:40 PM
I don't like them.

DeAtHsTaR
03-14-2007, 08:44 PM
They're good, but I hate their politics.

Apathy
03-14-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm seeing Big D tomorrow and they're headlining the tour. However I don't think I'll stay for them. My girlfriend has to be home by 11 and I really only care about Big D anyway.

They're not bad. Wally sent me a few good songs by them. But they annoy me somewhat.

Bazza
03-15-2007, 02:43 AM
I don't mind most of their songs, as long as I ignore most of the lyrics. However after a few years listening a lot if their songs seem to merge into one.

Manic Subsidal Boy
03-15-2007, 03:11 AM
No

10 Fucks

Bazza
03-15-2007, 03:14 AM
No

That was constructive! Any particular reason?

Manic Subsidal Boy
03-15-2007, 03:19 AM
That was constructive! Any particular reason?

Their lyrics are boring and their sound is lame

Bazza
03-15-2007, 03:24 AM
Their lyrics are boring and their sound is lame

Fair enough.

Manic Subsidal Boy
03-15-2007, 03:57 AM
Fair enough.

I know :)
10 Fucks

Llamas
03-15-2007, 04:03 AM
I like anti flag's sound, but their lyrics suck. Their political views through music are stupid, too. But yeah, I do like them a bit.

Offspring-Junkie
03-15-2007, 06:51 AM
I don't know them so I don't care.

bouncingcoles
03-15-2007, 08:46 AM
ya iv been a fan since 7th grade. iv seen them 5 times most recently last week. it was a damn good show as usual. they are good guys too

Llamas
03-15-2007, 09:56 AM
I don't know them so I don't care.

You live in Austria? You're about as annoying as most of the Austrians I've met so far. :-/

H1T_That
03-15-2007, 11:00 AM
The music is ok, but is very repetative. The singing/lyrics suck.

Offspring-Junkie
03-16-2007, 04:03 AM
You live in Austria? You're about as annoying as most of the Austrians I've met so far. :-/
m-hm, oh-really?

Llamas
03-16-2007, 06:49 AM
Very really. I've been here for a month and a half, and nearly all the Austrians I've met have no social skills and think they're better than other people. Almost all the friends I made come from other countries. So your personality is quite typical.

SaiKYoU
03-16-2007, 07:49 AM
i'm currently listening to "the press corpse"! i think Anti-Flag are good, not at a level of bad religion, Rise Against or Pennywise, but they're good...

Nineteen Seventy Nine
03-16-2007, 09:32 PM
I'm seeing Big D tomorrow and they're headlining the tour. However I don't think I'll stay for them. My girlfriend has to be home by 11 and I really only care about Big D anyway.

They're not bad. Wally sent me a few good songs by them. But they annoy me somewhat.

Got back from that show, Wednesday. Set Your Goals actually wasn't that bad, but only the hardcore fans cared.

Then Big D went on, was only okay at first, until David finally said "enough with this shit, let's play some old shit". The first song after that got me excited, "Girls Against Drunk Bitches", which was sweet. It was really only the ska fans that cared, but Big D got an encore, but because they weren't headlining, they couldn't come back. Also, I must mention how the bass player is really awesome with his facial expressions. I really want to these guys headline.

After that was Alexisonfire, which once again weren't bad, but a lot of people hated them, except for those darn Canadians. They chanted "one more song", while the actual Detroiters chanted "no more songs".

Finally, Anti-Flag came on, was pretty sweet, every song was good. The drummer's facial expressions made it awesome. Also, it was sweet when Chris crowdsurfed in the crowd. We ended up having to leave early, I wanted to hear "Die For The Government", but I heard that they did that after an encore.

It was a show well worth it.

Apathy
03-16-2007, 11:01 PM
I really enjoyed it, the venue was awful though. The security guys picked up dave off of the railings twice and put him back on the stage, and dave was just like ".....what the hell just happened?"

The songs that they played were definitely not favorites of mine, but they're my favorite band so it doesn't really matter. I loved it.

I thought set your goals was quite awful, and I didn't stay for Alexisonfire or Anti-Flag.

Also, I must mention how the bass player is really awesome with his facial expressions.

Yeah, Steve is freaking hilarious.

Offspring-Junkie
03-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Very really. I've been here for a month and a half, and nearly all the Austrians I've met have no social skills and think they're better than other people. Almost all the friends I made come from other countries. So your personality is quite typical.
You do mean it seriously? Boa, now I'm really surprised. In a month and a half you managed to check a whole nation. Man, you can be proud of yourself. How many Austrians so far? I've never met a single one in this forum.

nameless
03-18-2007, 05:18 PM
their last album is their best i think! they always seems to put on this great live show but their other albums and recordings just seem really kinda mellow!

Llamas
03-18-2007, 05:34 PM
You do mean it seriously? Boa, now I'm really surprised. In a month and a half you managed to check a whole nation. Man, you can be proud of yourself. How many Austrians so far? I've never met a single one in this forum.

Well so far, I've been to Graz, Vienna, and Salzburg, plus skiing in Planai. I don't know any in this forum, but I'm a very social person and I've met a lot of them so far.

HeadAroundU
03-19-2007, 05:35 AM
Goddamnit, how many anti-flag threads do we have!? 10!?

I like them, "Terror state" is the best album, then "Undergroung network" and "For blood and empire".

Bazza
03-19-2007, 07:02 AM
I pretty much agree with HAU, also Die For The Government is pretty shocking.

Come out and smash'em up!
03-19-2007, 02:01 PM
terror state and for blood and empire are pretty good, but i have listened too much press corpse :confused: