PDA

View Full Version : RE: Photo Album - buying stuff on eBay

Nina
03-15-2007, 01:46 AM
Yeah the feedback system keeps sellers so honest, only half the brand names sold on ebay are counterfeit. Well, no one has statistics of the entire site, but the bigger names on the market conducted an invistigation and Dior and Vuitton found 90% of their products sold on ebay are fake, while Tiffany estimated 66% of its product are fake. You get the idea.

Can't blame a customer for not being able to pick an authentic product, but it takes a special kind of tool to fall for a stupid excuse like in your case.

And anyways, didn't you already use ebay to sell before? Shouldn't you know that you picking the categories and your asking price is part of the same process? If a seller made a mistake, why would she lower the price to reflect her mistake instead of just clicking "back" and correcting the error?

First of all, she was a private seller; she didnt have new clothing, but her own. I also looked at her other auctions and her stuff didnt only include clothing. This fact is not a garuntee, but makes it more likely that her stuff is not fake.

Second, she garunteed that her skirt is of a real brand. If it isnt (which CAN be checked by me) I'll give her a negative feedback. I payed 9€, I didnt exactly lose a lot of money. As I mentioned before, a non-brand skirt of the same cut that I tried on was 50€. The Lagerfeld one must have cost a lot more. Even if it WAS a fake it is not like she ripped me off.

Your last paragraph is what makes me believe that you dont understand eBay all that much. Most items sold are in auctions, and most of these are by private sellers. She didnt have a set price for the 9€. That would have been ridiculous. I think the poor thing actually expected 100-200€ for the skirt, as she promoted it as real. I merly stated that the reason why I got it for so cheap was because she set it in the wrong category, and didnt notice.

Can you mind your own business again?

HornyPope
03-15-2007, 07:12 AM
I'll give her a negative feedback.

And she'll give you one back.

Like I said, the feedback system doesn't really keep sellers honest. There are too many ways around. At worst, they create new accounts or buy or steal existing user accounts to operate under.

Plus, you wouldn't tell an authentic product from fake unless you had the two before your eyes to compare.

I think the poor thing actually expected 100-200€ for the skirt, as she promoted it as real. I merly stated that the reason why I got it for so cheap was because she set it in the wrong category, and didnt notice.

She didn't set a reserve price? She didn't try to drive up prices by bidding with secondary accounts? She simply made a mistake of putting it in a wrong category and then made another mistake by selling it for 1/10th of a price?

Yeah, that's how people fall for scams. They don't know better so they chose to believe in the story instead.

Tizzalicious
03-15-2007, 07:16 AM
Seriously, even if it IS a fake, €9 for a skirt is cheap, wtf are you getting all worked up about?

HornyPope
03-15-2007, 07:24 AM
I'm not getting worked up.

Nina
03-15-2007, 07:37 AM
And she'll give you one back.

The seller is supposed to give feedback first. As soon as I have payed she has to give a positive feedback to me, since I have done everything right as a buyer.

At worst, they create new accounts or buy or steal existing user accounts to operate under.

You are not allowed to have more than one account. And you cant quit your account and just make a new one. eBay WILL find out. It has happened to everyone I know who did it. They either got a warning, or got banned from eBay.

Plus, you wouldn't tell an authentic product from fake unless you had the two before your eyes to compare.

False. There are things you can find on the net. The stiching is usually different.

She didn't set a reserve price? She didn't try to drive up prices by bidding with secondary accounts?

Only an idiot, or a seller who is the only person who has the item, will set a price. You clearly have no idea how eBay works. Even if prices are set, they usually also have an auction to go with it.

She simply made a mistake of putting it in a wrong category and then made another mistake by selling it for 1/10th of a price?

She did NOT set the price, do you understand what that means? She didnt have control over how much money she'd make.

I once sold two bandshirts, worn once or twice, and accidentally put it in the wrong category. I got 1€ each, which made me furious because you usually get at LEAST 10€ on eBay for bandshirts. It happens.

Yeah, that's how people fall for scams. They don't know better so they chose to believe in the story instead.

The funny thing is, you think you know it so much better, but in fact you have no idea and get worked up about being wrong.

HornyPope
03-15-2007, 07:44 AM
You're one of the most gullible people I know.

The seller is supposed to give feedback first. As soon as I have payed she has to give a positive feedback to me, since I have done everything right as a buyer.
She can do whatever she wants.

You are not allowed to have more than one account. And you cant quit your account and just make a new one. eBay WILL find out. It has happened to everyone I know who did it. They either got a warning, or got banned from eBay.
Hahahah.

Only an idiot, or a seller who is the only person who has the item, will set a price. You clearly have no idea how eBay works. Even if prices are set, they usually also have an auction to go with it.
Ok, we'll do it easier: explain me how does the reserve price work.

I once sold two bandshirts, worn once or twice, and accidentally put it in the wrong category. I got 1€ each, which made me furious because you usually get at LEAST 10€ on eBay for bandshirts. It happens.
...to stupid people who don't set reserve price. I'll conceed it's more common than I thought.

The funny thing is, you think you know it so much better, but in fact you have no idea and get worked up about being wrong.
I always know much more than you. :)

Nina
03-15-2007, 09:33 AM
You're an idiot, and I have better things to do than reply to your "hahahahahha"s and "I always know much more than you".
The thing is, I grew up, but you never developed further than the 18 year old you were.

H1T_That
03-15-2007, 09:53 AM
I feel HP is in the wrong here.

HornyPope
03-15-2007, 10:03 AM
You know who uses the "im grown up" card? 18 year olds. Oooo, you're so big, you're so mature.

If you want to partake in a discussion where I don't have to laugh at you, get a little more common sense. How else am I supposed to talk to someone who thinks ebay will find out that you have another account? How naive do you have to be? You do realize this "another" account can come in a form of friends and business partners of the seller? It's as easy as IMing a friend and asking "hey, place a bid on my action pls". Not to mention creating additional ebay accounts is piss easy. Internet offers all the ressources.

So stop crying; and next time when you don't set a reserve price and risk losing the product for 1$, ask someone to bid up the price. Hell, i'll do it for you even. I'm that nice.

Llamas
03-15-2007, 10:12 AM
:-/ this thread makes me sad. I think HP is wrong here, but I don't know much about ebay. I think the initial post made by HP in regards to Nina's posts in the photoalbum were pretty hostile/rude/uncalled for... and of course, it's gone downhill from there...

Nina
03-15-2007, 10:15 AM
It happened to two different people who I know. I honestly dont give a fuck what you believe. Please go ahead and make a second account. You'll see. They'll get your ass banned.

Asking a friend does work, that's true.

And you STILL dont seem to understand the category thing. It has nothing to do with set prices. I would have gotten 10€ minimum for the item. Instead I got 1€ because nobody who is interested in that shit saw the item.

When you put a set price, you wont sell your stuff, because nobody will buy it. If you dont believe me, go ahead and make a set price for a used item that a lot of other people have, too (like band shirts). You wont succeed cause bidding is a psychological thing. People wont buy it when it says "10€". But they'll start bidding on it when it's 1€ and get up and up because they dont want to lose the auction. That's how eBay works. Set prices are usually for eBay-Shop sellers.

And for realz, I dont give a shit if you "laugh" at me. I know what I am talking about. I never open my mouth when I dont know about it.

As you can see, if you write more than retarded one-sentence replies, I WILL take you seriously. Otherwise, though, you're a waste of my time.

Llamas
03-15-2007, 10:19 AM
When you put a set price, you wont sell your stuff, because nobody will buy it. If you dont believe me, go ahead and make a set price for a used item that a lot of other people have, too (like band shirts). You wont succeed cause bidding is a psychological thing. People wont buy it when it says "10€". But they'll start bidding on it when it's 1€ and get up and up because they dont want to lose the auction. That's how eBay works. Set prices are usually for eBay-Shop sellers.

I do want to quote this for truth. As little as I know about eBay, I've done a lot of searching there (just very little buying)... and I've seen everywhere that items with set prices never sell... they sit.

Nina
03-15-2007, 10:22 AM
Yeah. I notice that on myself as well, both as a buyer and seller. I often dont care for things that seem expensive, but while I bid I think twice about it; about whether it might actually be worth it.
And as a seller, I have to say that I never sold anything with set prices. And I honestly always have fair prices (less than 5€, because the fees rise with the prices).

eBay is shit, anyway. eBay's fees are way too high. I dont like selling stuff on there anymore.

Llamas
03-15-2007, 10:25 AM
I hate ebay, too. The only way you can hurt someone for lying is by giving them negative feedback... but they already have your money, so what? I don't trust people on there. Someone could have outstanding feedback scores, but then fuck one person over in a lot of money... and so they'd have ONE negative feedback against all the positive. It's shitty. Plus the costs to post are lame.

Nina
03-15-2007, 10:29 AM
Hm, I dunno about that. eBay removes uncalled negative feedback if you can prove it. It actually happens quite a lot (then it says: "both seller and buyer have agreed to remove this", or something, when it's actually eBay who removes it, haha. I see it very often). But yeah, I dont buy electronics through eBay. I just buy little things like clothing, stationery, etc.

JohnnyNemesis
03-15-2007, 10:30 AM
I love buying on eBay, but I haaaaaaaaaaaaate selling.

Amazon.com is so unbelievably easy for selling things because they practically hold your hand through the entire process. They tell you how to define what condition your item is in, they put the item up for sale, they automatically put the funds in your account themselves (instead of waiting for the buyer), automatically give you a shipping credit and take out their commission, and send it all to you in a nice little easy to read invoice.

eBay is so frustrating for selling, but then again, you can't sell clothes on Amazon, so that's a plus.

Nina
03-15-2007, 10:33 AM
My brother is obsessed with Amazon! If I had stuff other than clothing to sell, I'd definitely use Amazon. I buy my books from there, though ;D

Llamas
03-15-2007, 10:33 AM
I just throw my stuff out because I'm too lazy to bother selling stuff online. Haha. I win the prize.

HornyPope
03-15-2007, 10:34 AM
It happened to two different people who I know. I honestly dont give a fuck what you believe. Please go ahead and make a second account. You'll see. They'll get your ass banned.
Asking a friend does work, that's true.

Well don't make a second account traceable back to you. How hard is it to figure out? And if you can't figure out how to make the account traceable to you, use other people. It's really not complicated.

And for realz, I dont give a shit if you "laugh" at me. I know what I am talking about. I never open my mouth when I dont know about it.

Then shut up. http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/reserve.html

JohnnyNemesis
03-15-2007, 10:35 AM
My brother is obsessed with Amazon! If I had stuff other than clothing to sell, I'd definitely use Amazon. I buy my books from there, though ;D

It's awesome! I often sell books, CDs, DVDs, and video games on there and make tons o' cash.

I just throw my stuff out because I'm too lazy to bother selling stuff online. Haha. I win the prize.

I was like that for years, then realized what a douche I was being! Of course, if I didn't live on campus with a post office two seconds away, I'd probably be lazy about it too. But you should give it a shot, it's so quick and easy.

Nina
03-15-2007, 10:37 AM
I was like that for years, then realized what a douche I was being! Of course, if I didn't live on campus with a post office two seconds away, I'd probably be lazy about it too. But you should give it a shot, it's so quick and easy.

I agree! I make good money with it and I get rid of my stuff, AND make another person happy. Though yeah, Brianna is pretty busy, and it does consume time.

Llamas
03-15-2007, 10:39 AM
Well don't make a second account traceable back to you. How hard is it to figure out? And if you can't figure out how to make the account traceable to you, use other people. It's really not complicated.

I've never heard you be so obscenely rude on here before. :-/

It's awesome! I often sell books, CDs, DVDs, and video games on there and make tons o' cash.

Well, now I'm in Austria... I have very little. But when I was preparing to leave, I just didn't take the time to sell stuff. I threw out SO much. I should've done it, but really, too busy and lazy. :P

JohnnyNemesis
03-15-2007, 10:41 AM

Really? This is almost tame for Vlad as I know him; he's a vicious man.

HornyPope
03-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Hahaha. I don't even consider this rude.

True, but i'm only half as mean as you are when you talk to Zagmeno or Lodat or one of those annoying creatures. I don't think Nina is much less hostile than I am in this argument. I just run out of patience cause this is what, the fourth time I mentioned the possibility of having a RESERVE price and she still misses the point, and still remains convinced that she's entierly right. Well she's wrong. And I only know so many ways to communicate with a thick person.

Llamas
03-15-2007, 10:48 AM
lol maybe I always take everything you say as sarcasm, or something. Or else I'm just oblivious. :P

JohnnyNemesis
03-15-2007, 10:51 AM
True, but i'm only half as mean as you are when you talk to Zagmeno or Lodat or one of those annoying creatures.

True, but now you've gone and hurt my feelings. Inject me with something Canadian to cheer me up ;)

HornyPope
03-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Choose (http://www.thehockeyshop.com/images/hockeySticks/04compositeSet.jpg) ;)

Whiplash
03-15-2007, 11:03 AM
Choose (http://www.thehockeyshop.com/images/hockeySticks/04compositeSet.jpg) ;)

hahaha, That's a good one. <3

JohnnyNemesis
03-15-2007, 11:14 AM
*clenches in anticipatory pain*

sKratch
03-15-2007, 11:59 AM
Here's what's really going on here:
Vlad's sexually frustrated because he hasn't seen me in a while and he's taking it out on other people.

Vera
03-15-2007, 12:08 PM
If he has no use for Izie, I can buy her.

*bids $5 for Hot Slav*

Paint_It_Black
03-15-2007, 01:11 PM

Yeah, this is pretty much business as usual, just with an unexpected target. Not many surprises here.

If he has no use for Izie, I can buy her.

*bids $5 for Hot Slav*

*raises to 5 goats*

Nina
03-15-2007, 04:18 PM

No, you finally shut up, and I'll tell you why:

"Hinweis: Die Zusatzoption "Mindestpreis" ist bei eBay Deutschland und eBay Österreich nur in den Kategorien Automobile, Motorräder, Spezielle Fahrzeuge, Business & Industrie sowie Antiquitäten & Kunst und Uhren & Schmuck verfügbar."

Only limited categories that are not used by people my age (business and the like) have that option.

I sell clothing. Everyone I know sells clothing. If at all, there are maybe also books and CDs/DVDs that people sell. But not CARS.

Get over it.

And I only know so many ways to communicate with a thick person.

You dont know any ways to talk to a person at all.

Yeah, this is pretty much business as usual, just with an unexpected target. Not many surprises here.

Why unexpected? He tries to lecture me since I can remember.

HornyPope
03-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Well, that explains why it took you like 5 posts to get what reserve price means. Anyways, there are still ways to not lose an article for 1/10th of its supposed worth, as outlined in previous posts. Losing an article because of stupidity is stupid--praying that others have done the same is whishfull thinking that doesn't pay out, in particulary on a site full of counterfeit.

Linda
03-15-2007, 06:24 PM
I know a seller who got neutral feedback August of last year from 2 buyers and eBay closed his account just last month. It might take them awhile, but they will get you. They will also close accounts if they catch "friends" bidding on your item just to raise the price. People shouldn't be so sure of themselves....eBay does have ways to catch the dishonest sellers and buyers.

JohnnyNemesis
03-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Yeah, this is pretty much business as usual, just with an unexpected target.

There's no such thing as an unexpected target with Vlad.

Tizzalicious
03-16-2007, 12:21 AM
Well, that explains why it took you like 5 posts to get what reserve price means. Anyways, there are still ways to not lose an article for 1/10th of its supposed worth, as outlined in previous posts. Losing an article because of stupidity is stupid--praying that others have done the same is whishfull thinking that doesn't pay out, in particulary on a site full of counterfeit.

For fuck's sake, can't you just admit you are wrong? It's really not that hard.

Girl puts skirt in wrong category, girl only makes 10 euros because no one saw it, skirt would STILL be a good find even it was a fake, just because YOU like to scam people doesn't mean everyone does.

Nina
03-16-2007, 12:29 AM
Well, that explains why it took you like 5 posts to get what reserve price means.

What the hell is wrong with you? I have more of a life than sitting here and clicking links that you've posted. I did it when I had time. Now kindly fuck off.

HornyPope
03-16-2007, 08:04 AM
Tizz, go translate.

What the hell is wrong with you? I have more of a life than sitting here and clicking links that you've posted. I did it when I had time. Now kindly fuck off.

I sincerely appriciate the time off you took from spending with your mother, working a job and your busy, busy social life to answer me.

Nina
03-16-2007, 09:09 AM
You're welcome :)

Paint_It_Black
03-16-2007, 10:03 AM
Why unexpected? He tries to lecture me since I can remember.

Because you two used to be...friends? No matter.

Vera
03-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Is it really wrong this thread sort of amused me? Like, no offence to anybody but ..yeah.