PDA

View Full Version : Thibault Kervarech - Airy

T-6005
03-16-2007, 12:52 AM
I kind of made a thread for my own song because I tried something really new for me, and I'd like some feedback from people who know that they're talking about. I seem to remember mrconeman liking it, but I'd like feedback from the few of the rest of you whose opinions are worth caring about.

Originally started out as an ambient experiment with which I ran out of patience.

Give me some feedback whether it's welcome or not.

Instruments:
Keyboard through tremolo pedal through wah pedal
Guitar through jazz setting through treble optimization
Keyboard through pedal echo
3 guitars through treble booster and volume control.
Drums through mixer equalizer.

Download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PAQ2F514

mrconeman
03-27-2007, 10:35 AM
This thread isn't getting the attention it deserves, so like, listen to the tune people.

Y'know what I love?
listening to songs that are ...more or less guitar-centric, an instrument I think I'm fairly okay on these days, and really thinking, "How the hell was this achieved?". Even with your list of equipment I don't think I could even begin to emulate the cool sounds you got here.

That little transitional section at about 2:30 is my favorite part of this, it just comes out of nowhere and grabs your attention again, awesome stuff.

I think the name airy describes it perfectly, its got a nice ambient feel to it, good work.
The only problem I would have with it is electric drum sounds I'm not a fan of them, but naturally you aren't a drummer and had to use them, plus it also fits this style of song, its just a personal irk of mine.

HeadAroundU
03-27-2007, 11:08 AM
You know I like it. I'm your fan! :D

You have got these weird simple sounds that I like. Haha, that was insightful of me!

I've got most of your songs, if not, all of them. I might arrange the album from them some day.

Question, did you use sounds from MSN at 2:20 - 2:23? It's like when the post is comming.

T-6005
03-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Yeah - I actually just had MSN on and it popped up during that part. I decided to keep it, and can't even really explain why.

offspring dude
03-29-2007, 02:21 PM
Wow that was very cool. I like the MSN thing that was going on, in time and everything. Trippy stuff!

Ps: I can put it on My iPod right?

HeadAroundU
03-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Ps: I can put it on My iPod right?
No, you can't. Thibault records is gonna sue you. Sorry.

Homer
03-29-2007, 10:00 PM
I'm guessing the reason not a lot of people are listening to this is because it's on Megaupload.com. It would be better if it was on something like Purevolume, Myspace, or Mp3.com. Personally, right now I don't really feel like going the trouble that is Megaupload to download a song that I'm sure that I'll like or not, but I'll do it anyways since I took the time to write this.

EDIT: Yeah, I think it's okay, it's not really something I'd listen to. But it all seems to flow together nicely, and it sounds like it all fits together. Nice work.

offspring dude
03-30-2007, 10:05 AM
No, you can't. Thibault records is gonna sue you. Sorry.

I Know that I can do whatever i want with it as soon as he posts it (well almost), I was only being polite.

T-6005
03-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Hah - by all means, put it on the iPod.

PS - Tell your friends.

neocon58
04-17-2007, 05:51 AM
Well I was looking foward to hearing this song but it seems the download limit has exceeded.

T-6005
04-17-2007, 11:39 AM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1IL9UJC3
Just for you, neocon.

neocon58
04-19-2007, 07:08 AM
Wow, sounded pretty damn good. Some kind of reverb or some kind of affect on the drums would've set the song off I reckon. Apart from the drum sound I reckon the song is great.