PDA

View Full Version : Did you know that …

Rilex
03-16-2007, 04:00 AM
…every time you fall asleep, your spirit resigns from your body, and you instantly woke up as somebody (or something) else in another place, without knowing who, or where you was on the previous day. Well, this is just a theory, but it may just not be far away from the true…

Kitten
03-16-2007, 04:08 AM
…every time you fall asleep, your spirit resigns from your body, and you instantly woke up as somebody (or something) else in another place, without knowing who, or where you was on the previous day. Well, this is just a theory, but it may just not be far away from the true…

A theory from where?

Offspring-Junkie
03-16-2007, 04:22 AM
A guy falls asleep and dreams about beeing a butterfly. Or does the butterfly dream about beeing a guy, everytime it falls asleep? Ever heard about it?

Sin Studly
03-16-2007, 04:32 AM
Did you know that people who invent ludicrously stupid theories on the nature of life do so because they're desperately unhappy with their own?

Bazza
03-16-2007, 04:34 AM
A guy falls asleep and dreams about beeing a butterfly. Or does the butterfly dream about beeing a guy, everytime it falls asleep? Ever heard about it?

I can quite happily say I've never dreamt I was a butterfly. Stuff like this I've don't bother thinking about, because there is no answer that we'll find.

wheelchairman
03-16-2007, 08:02 AM
Yes there is. Dreams are the fictional creations of your subconscious.

Although Rile, if your theory is true, I pity the butterfly who dreamt itself to be a loser.

Whiplash
03-16-2007, 08:05 AM
Dreams rule, I always dream that i am myself on my own enviorment, but i can do really kickass stuff like jump over my house. Don't ask me why....I just have that dream allot.

Grabbal
03-16-2007, 08:08 AM
My dreams are usually about me having everything I want, but of course I wake up pretty soon and get bummed.

Llamas
03-16-2007, 08:22 AM
Yes there is. Dreams are the fictional creations of your subconscious.
Really, they're just random misfirings of neurons in your brain. The things you dream about already had to be somewhere in your head for your neurons to hit them, but nothing more.

Although Rile, if your theory is true, I pity the butterfly who dreamt itself to be a loser.
lolz.

Butterflies don't have brains that are capable of real thoughts. Therefore, they aren't capable of dreaming.

Vera
03-16-2007, 08:31 AM
The next time I fall asleep and wake up as Rilex, I'll make sure to fork myself in the face.

Rilex
03-16-2007, 09:31 AM
As ilovellamas said, Animals are not capable of having dreams, and I have never actually dreamed about being an animal or anybody else but myself. Dreams are just reflection of your present mental state, and nothing beyond that.
Anyway…
From curiosity, I was studding about spirituality and self-consciousness, because I do believe that soul is immortal and it’s “travel” from one form to another. Our body is just a host from which our soul comes to expression called life.

wheelchairman
03-16-2007, 09:32 AM
Jebi se, picko. :(

Endymion
03-16-2007, 09:36 AM
could we really expect more from a serb?

Llamas
03-16-2007, 09:45 AM
As ilovellamas said, Animals are not capable of having dreams, and I have never actually dreamed about being an animal or anybody else but myself. Dreams are just reflection of your present mental state, and nothing beyond that.
Anyway…
From curiosity, I was studding about spirituality and self-consciousness, because I do believe that soul is immortal and it’s “travel” from one form to another. Our body is just a host from which our soul comes to expression called life.

You are just spouting random pieces of reiterated garbage. I would place money on you not really knowing what any of what you've said means, and not having any deeper views toward this stuff.

JohnnyNemesis
03-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Did you know that people who invent ludicrously stupid theories on the nature of life do so because they're desperately unhappy with their own?

How has this been overlooked? It's pretty much the truth, one billion percent.

Nina
03-16-2007, 10:42 AM
Rilex, is that an Uruk-Hai in your icon? Or a funny punk looking like one?

Izie
03-16-2007, 11:07 AM
could we really expect more from a serb?

Hell yeah. Except whether the "more" would be good or bad, I'm not sure. But you just said that to hurt my Serb-feelings, you evil, evil USian :(

However, I'm totally happy Per keeps getting the cursing right nowadays XD

killer_queen
03-16-2007, 11:29 AM
Brianna, is it true that all of the animals are not able to dream or is it just for brainless animals like butterflies? If they don't dream, well, it'll be a huge disappointment for me.

Llamas
03-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Well, other than Humans, I don't think any other animal is capable of our type of thought. Monkeys/orangutans/etc have thought, but it's not a compiliation of future/present/past. I think they can only think in the present. Therefore, their thoughts would only consist of what's in the present, and they probably wouldn't have dreams like ours. Dogs sometimes dream about things like chasing a squirrel or something, so they can dream... but they're likely always very basic and present tense things.

Vera
03-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Nobody noted my violent witticism in this thread. :(

*slashes wrists*

Tired_Of_You
03-16-2007, 12:29 PM
As Brianna said, some animals can dream. Michel Jouvet, a French physiologist identified the part of the brain that is responsible of the paralysis you have when you dream (REM sleep). In an experience, he destroyed the neurons that are responsible of this inhibition on cats. They then had comportments that are typical to them : purchasing and escaping invisible enemies, stuff like that. Jouvet affirmed that cats "acted" their dreams. He said that only warm-blooded animals have REM sleep, and therefore only these animals can dream. Mammals and birds have REM sleep, while it is not the case for reptiles, amphibians and fish.

I hope it makes sense, I'm not good at translating things. It comespartly from one of my college psychology book if anyone's interested. & as I'm really stupid and tired I didn't realise Brianna almost wrote the same thing as me.

HeadAroundU
03-16-2007, 12:31 PM
potencial reply #1
Can't wait to wake up as an administrator so I can...resurrect EROS and establish an ultimate anarchy...

potencial reply #2
Serbs are not Slavs...since today...

potential reply #3
I want to wake up as EROS so I can be on my holiday in Greece.

potential reply #4
I want to wake up as an hot moderator so I could fuck HAU.

potential reply #5
I want to wake up as RILEX so I'd know how it sucks to be him.

Tired_Of_You
03-16-2007, 12:33 PM
Sanni's idea was actually quite good.

mrconeman
03-16-2007, 12:38 PM

Truth*. And yes it is. Very far.

Rilex, is that an Uruk-Hai in your icon? Or a funny punk looking like one?
<3

killer_queen
03-16-2007, 12:43 PM
Actually I think it's kinda nice to believe in this kind of stupid things like Rilex does as long as you're not telling anyone about them. I love people with a childish imagination.

HeadAroundU
03-16-2007, 12:51 PM
Gulsah, I'd tell you about my imaginations but you wouldn't love me anymore.

mrconeman
03-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Actually I think it's kinda nice to believe in this kind of stupid things like Rilex does as long as you're not telling anyone about them. I love people with a childish imagination.

I..uh..sort of agree, in a way. But uhh.. the key part there being not telling anyone.

Gulsah, I'd tell you about my imaginations but you wouldn't love me anymore.
<3