PDA

View Full Version : Quick question for people in NY

Zeall
03-16-2007, 09:28 AM
Do they still have the Big Wheel inside the Toys 'R' Us store?

JohnnyNemesis
03-16-2007, 09:29 AM
I'm not sure, but I'd like to take this opportunity to say FUCK Manhattan and praise the outer boroughs.

Thank you.

Whiplash
03-16-2007, 09:31 AM
Wouldn't it be great if New York was still called New Amsterdam,and still was dutch land, I bet they'd have coffeeshops. And all the other uber-dutch things.

Llamas
03-16-2007, 09:34 AM
Do they still have the Big Wheel inside the Toys 'R' Us store?

Why are you asking about NY? The big wheel wasn't exclusive to NY...

JohnnyNemesis
03-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Oh trust me, there's no shortage of coffeeshops in NY. Whether they're any good or not is another question, though. I wouldn't know because I don't drink coffee.

Llamas
Wouldn't it be great if New York was still called New Amsterdam,and still was dutch land, I bet they'd have coffeeshops. And all the other uber-dutch things.

I don't think having a Dutch name would make the place any more Dutch... my hometown is called New Berlin, and it's quite not German.

Llamas
I don't drink coffee.

Blasphemy! :( You are not my friend!

Whiplash
03-16-2007, 09:37 AM
Lolz@ rick I was talking about the other kinds of coffeeshops;)

What i was trying to say: What if the netherlands and the UK never swapt new amsterdam for suriname.

JohnnyNemesis
03-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Lolz@ rick I was talking about the other kinds of coffeeshops;)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Okay. Yeah, gotta be more explicit next time, lol.

Zeall
03-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Why are you asking about NY? The big wheel wasn't exclusive to NY...

It's the first place that i ever saw it so i assumed it was, the stores in England (that i have been to) are tiny compared to the one in NY and i was just surprised to see a big wheel inside a building

Nina
03-16-2007, 09:40 AM
I'd really love to go to the U.S. for the MASSIVE space alone (related to everything).

Whiplash
03-16-2007, 09:42 AM
NY was bought for $24,- by the dutch, lolz at indians.
And there is a statue with some dutch writing's on it in the middle of manhatten right?

F@ BANKZ
03-16-2007, 09:42 AM
I'm sorry but i don't really get all this:( , though i have been to various Toys 'R' Us stalls i have not ever seen anything along the lines of a "big wheel" could someone explain all this to me please.

Zeall
03-16-2007, 09:52 AM
I'm sorry but i don't really get all this:( , though i have been to various Toys 'R' Us stalls i have not ever seen anything along the lines of a "big wheel" could someone explain all this to me please.

http://www.webbaviation.co.uk/gallery/d/6086-1/aa02221b-big-wheel-aerial.jpg

that's a big wheel, but it was inside a building (sorry if the image is huge)

Llamas
03-16-2007, 09:54 AM
I'd really love to go to the U.S. for the MASSIVE space alone (related to everything).

It has its pluses and negatives. I don't miss having to drive everywhere. And it sucks growing up in suburbs and having to rely on your parents to drive you anywhere you want to go. But I do love having lots of space and my parents had a really nice yard.

F@ BANKZ
03-16-2007, 09:57 AM
Posted by: Zeall
that's a big wheel, but it was inside a building

That is just crazy, i'd better add "go on the big wheel" to my things to do before i die list. Are they all quite that big when inside?

Llamas
03-16-2007, 09:59 AM
Zeall, by the way, go to Minnesota sometime. Go to the Mall of America. There's not only a Ferris Wheel, but there's a Roller Coaster... inside the building. It's an entire theme park.

Zeall
03-16-2007, 09:59 AM
That is just crazy, i'd better add "go on the big wheel" to my things to do before i die list. Are they all quite that big when inside?

nah, the one i saw was about half the size, but the building was still huge

Rag Doll
03-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Last time I remember being near that Toys R Us, it was still there. That was within the past year. I can't imagine them getting rid of it.

Zeall
03-16-2007, 12:54 PM
Zeall, by the way, go to Minnesota sometime. Go to the Mall of America. There's not only a Ferris Wheel, but there's a Roller Coaster... inside the building. It's an entire theme park.

That sound cool, i may do that when i'm older and earning more than i am now

although what i'd really like to do is go to one of those awesome theme parks in Florida and just ride everything as much as i can!

Llamas
03-16-2007, 12:59 PM
There's one big theme park in FL, Disneyworld, and it's not that great. There are many better theme parks than that. I really want to go to the one in Ohio.

Zeall
03-16-2007, 01:23 PM
There's one big theme park in FL, Disneyworld, and it's not that great. There are many better theme parks than that. I really want to go to the one in Ohio.

I wouldn't go to Disneyworld anyway, i'd just like to go where there are loads of rollercoasters. I especially liked the ride called Air at Alton Towers where when you get on, the seats lift backward so you aree facing down when the ride sets off, it's hard to explain but a quick google image search would show you it :)

Sinister
03-16-2007, 02:18 PM
we've got something like that in Quebec City, but it's not that great. Olny one roller coaster, hooked to the ceiling/walls, hardly any floor support, and no inversion. laaaaaame, actually.