PDA

View Full Version : Andy Barker, PI.

Jakebert
03-16-2007, 11:43 AM
I don't know if anyone else watched this on NBC last night, but if you didn't, be aware that this is the best new comedy on TV since Arrested Development. It stars Andy Richter as an accountant who becomes a PI, and Tony Hale (Buster Bluthe) as his sidekick, who owns a video store.

I think there may be a few full episodes available for streaming at NBC.com, but I'm too lazy to check.

killer_queen
03-16-2007, 11:49 AM
Aww, I wish I could see it, I love Andy Richter. That guy is the cutest teddy bear I've ever seen. I can't believe that some weirdos are scared of him.

Grabbal
03-16-2007, 11:51 AM
You can see it, just download it.

I see you pointed out that it's the best comedy since Arrested development, does it have the same filming style or anything like that??

BTW, buster was my favourite on the show so that doesn't exatly hurt.

JohnnyNemesis
03-16-2007, 11:55 AM
I generally don't watch non-Simpsons or non-ESPN television, but Andy Richter being on TV again is gonna have to change that, plain and simple.

Jakebert
03-16-2007, 11:59 AM
You can see it, just download it.

I see you pointed out that it's the best comedy since Arrested development, does it have the same filming style or anything like that??

BTW, buster was my favourite on the show so that doesn't exatly hurt.

The show is nothing like AD, but it's still incredibly funny. The filming style of much more like a movie, and actually looks better than a lot of movies do these days.

Humor-wise, it's exactly what you'd expect from a show written by Conan 'O Brian and starring Andy Richter.

Grabbal
03-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Just watched the first episode and I have to say I loved the characters, filming (you're right it really looks like a movie) and the overall quality of the show.

I think we might have a new supershow going on here. Hopefully American viewers have the same taste as us and this won't be cancelled.

coke_a_holic
03-16-2007, 01:19 PM
I half-watched the first episode and found it absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, I was engulfed by school work at the time, so I would fade in and out. The show afterward (don't remember the name, but Jeff Goldblum stars as some crazy policeman who sees the dead people because he's crazy) was pretty awesome, too.

Lodat225
03-16-2007, 01:25 PM
You say it's the best comedy after only watching a few episodes?

Grabbal
03-16-2007, 01:30 PM
It's only been one episode.

Lodat225
03-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Oh, wow. Thanks for proving me wrong.

Grabbal
03-16-2007, 01:39 PM
Just download it and see for yourself. You're not getting any opinion on the show by listening to other people's opinion.

Llamas
03-16-2007, 01:57 PM
You say it's the best comedy after only watching a few episodes?

I also think it's pretty presumptuous to think it's the best comedy after one episode. A lot of shows start out strong at first and then flop.

Lodat225
03-16-2007, 02:34 PM
I also think it's pretty presumptuous to think it's the best comedy after one episode. A lot of shows start out strong at first and then flop.

Yeah, that's what Jakebert did so i made fun of it.

ZagmenO
03-16-2007, 02:35 PM
Arrested Development sucked!

0r4ng3
03-16-2007, 02:42 PM
I personally didn't like Arrested Development, but saying it sucks is downright blasphemous.

I should check out this Andy Barker show soon. I was meaning to when I first saw an ad on TV, but I completely forgot since then.

Jakebert
03-16-2007, 05:46 PM

I said it was the best new comedy, and it is at the time being. Obviously, some of the more established shows like the Office or Scrubs are better, but out of the new shows from this past season, it beats them with just one episode. Not that it's saying much since just about every comedy on TV sucks right now, but still.

Yeah, that's what Jakebert did so i made fun of it.

The fact that you like Adult Swim makes your opinion when it comes to TV completely irrelevant.

Homer
03-16-2007, 08:49 PM
Ah shit, I missed it. I was looking forward to this show. Oh well, looks like I gotta watch it on my crappy computer.

Lodat225
03-16-2007, 08:53 PM
The fact that you like Adult Swim makes your opinion when it comes to TV completely irrelevant.

I don't like Adult Swim. I only watch Sealab and ATHF.

Moron.

Venom Symbiote
03-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Fuck Richter. The fact that O'Brien is even remotely involved in this show is its major selling point.

Conan iz teh God.

Paint_It_Black
03-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Moron.

You know he's like, infinitely smarter than you, right?

Homer
03-16-2007, 09:06 PM
Hey, uh, I looked on DailyMotion and got nothing, then I went to Youtube and 2 of the parts of the episode were taken off, so then I tried NBC.com and the videos don't work. Any suggestions?

Lodat225
03-16-2007, 09:09 PM
Torrents .

Homer
03-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Meh, whatever. I didn't try a torrent before because they're too big for an episode. But yeah, I guess I'll do it now, then.

coke_a_holic
04-13-2007, 03:51 PM
Hurray it's already canceled. :(

The final two episodes of the season will be aired tomorrow at 8 and 8:30. Fuck life. Seriously, just fuck it. Everyone should watch these episodes and mourn the death of some seriously funny tv.

Grabbal
04-13-2007, 03:53 PM
This is what happens when good television gets aired, it gets killed!

I miss Arrested development.:(

coke_a_holic
04-13-2007, 03:56 PM
This is what happens when good television gets aired, it gets killed!

I miss Arrested development.:(

I'm going through the seasons because I definitely didn't appreciate it when it was still around. Best shit ever, though; I'm on disc 2 of season 2 and horribly depressed that there are only 3 seasons.

Grabbal
04-13-2007, 04:09 PM
I still only have season 1 of Arrested Development on DVD, but soon one day my local shop will order it for me (I've been asking and asking, but the manager is too lazy). Season 1 is still amazing though and never gets old. I've also seen a couple of episodes from season 3 (Those were the first I ever saw of "Arrested Development", don't ask me why) and they were F***ing amazing! Seriously it's most likely the best comedy I've ever seen!

Also, MR.F is so funny!

Paint_It_Black
04-14-2007, 01:07 AM
Meh, it was alright. Not terribly surprised it got cancelled.