PDA

View Full Version : Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii

JohnnyNemesis
03-16-2007, 12:04 PM
I don't have one. I will get one for myself after I graduate. I want one really bad but I don't have the time at all.

THIS, however, is the best thing I've ever seen in my life:

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i146/effinyankee/1466-7l.jpg

Discuss how this is better than most people's lives.

Llamas
03-16-2007, 12:12 PM
That is definitely better than my life. Thanks for bringing it up, jerk. :(

But seriously, that is sweet. I so totally want a Wii. And I so even more totally want that one.

Grabbal
03-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Wii rocks!! A friend of mine borrowed me his along with Zelda and I was hocked for the week I used to complete it. Oh and when you're gonna buy it a lot of other great titles will probably be out too.

I still haven't got the chance to try out virtua console yet or the control you have to use for those games, but I'm pretty sure it's high quality considering it's Nintendo we're talking about. Let's not forget about super Mario galaxy which I've got pretty high hopes for.

And we all know that the Wii is gonna win big (http://nexgenwars.com) this time.

Lodat225
03-16-2007, 12:34 PM
I bought it and although i haven't been completly blown away, it's pretty awesome.

I'm waiting for SSBB and Mario Galaxy. Hoo-yah!

Edit: I've bought almost all the Virtua Console games but they're about the same as when we first played them.

Stranger With Candy
03-16-2007, 01:50 PM
I relly want one, but they never get them into the stores. I have asked for months now and never get it in or they just sold the last one :(

EDIT: The Zelda Wii is the coolest thing i have ever seen.

sKratch
03-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Yeah no big deal I've got me one 'o dem wii's. It's a fucking sweet-ass system, but I don't have too many titles for it yet. Warioware Smooth Moves is a Japanese explosion on your face if you're into that sort of thing. I'm waiting with my dick crossed for Mario Party 8, as well as all the classics like Metroid, Mario, and Smash.

Lizardus
03-16-2007, 02:04 PM
I don't have one. I will get one for myself after I graduate. I want one really bad but I don't have the time at all.

THIS, however, is the best thing I've ever seen in my life:

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i146/effinyankee/1466-7l.jpg

Discuss how this is better than most people's lives.

A Wiinar is you!

MindlessSelfIndulgent
03-16-2007, 02:04 PM
Yeees, I want one too. My best friend has one, she never visits me anymore :(

ZagmenO
03-16-2007, 02:31 PM
win big (http://nexgenwars.com)
THAT IS GAY!!!! How is 360 winning?

Lodat225
03-16-2007, 02:34 PM
THAT IS GAY!!!! How is 360 winning?

Because it's been out for almost a year now?

ZagmenO
03-16-2007, 02:35 PM
^ That shouldn't matter. Wii is better hands down.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Lodat225
03-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Yeah, that's why it has like half the sales of a year old system.

Anyway, the Wii is the only one of the three that has delivered next-gen gaming.

0r4ng3
03-16-2007, 02:40 PM
I'm content with my Xbox360, but I'm definitely getting a Wii once Super Smash Brothers Brawl comes out.

Zeall
03-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Yeah, that's why it has like half the sales of a year old system.

Anyway, the Wii is the only one of the three that has delivered next-gen gaming.

it was quoted by Nintendo that "The Wii isn't next-gen gaming, it's a new-gen gaming" which is true

Lodat225
03-16-2007, 02:57 PM
it was quoted by Nintendo that "The Wii isn't next-gen gaming, it's a new-gen gaming" which is true

In my opinion, it's both.

360 and PS3 are neither. They haven't delivered anything to the table just prettier graphics.

Zeall
03-16-2007, 03:28 PM

360 and PS3 are neither. They haven't delivered anything to the table just prettier graphics.

very true *goes to hug Suikoden 1"

0r4ng3
03-16-2007, 03:33 PM

I disagree. Put it this way: When the PS2 came out, was it not just a Playstation with prettier graphics? Wasn't the Gamecube basically an N64 with disks instead of cartriges at first? And yet all of that was still considered next generation. You have to give it time.

Lodat225
03-16-2007, 03:42 PM
I disagree. Put it this way: When the PS2 came out, was it not just a Playstation with prettier graphics? Wasn't the Gamecube basically an N64 with disks instead of cartriges at first? And yet all of that was still considered next generation. You have to give it time.

What makes the 360 different from the Xbox? Same thing - just better graphics.

What makes the PS3 different from the PS2? The thingy that makes it move or whatever it's called and better graphics. Hmm, improvement.

What makes the Wii different than the Gamecube? Improved graphics (yes, they are. Look at Mario Galaxy), completely different gameplay, the WiiMote, the design of the whole system and controllers, and live.

The Wii has had the greatest improvements, and it's next gen. The PS3 has changed more than the 360.

Also, they were "next gen" because they were new systems. Did they change at all? Nope. I think next gen is a different experience in gaming; none which PS3 or 360 have.

Grabbal
03-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Right now I'd rather choose the 360 cause of the great games that are out, the great games that are coming and of course the awesome live system. Sure wii is a great console, but right now that's only cause of Zelda, the wario game and the controller. Still I'm sure it'll be better. It's only been out a couple of months and pretty soon online games are coming right??

Lodat225
03-16-2007, 03:46 PM
Right now I'd rather choose the 360 cause of the great games that are out, the great games that are coming and of course the awesome live system. Sure wii is a great console, but right now that's only cause of Zelda, the wario game and the controller. Still I'm sure it'll be better. It's only been out a couple of months and pretty soon online games are coming right??

There's Trauma Center, DBZ Budokai 2, Excite truck and many other that are coming in the future.

I bought the PS3 some weeks ago because of these great titles:

MotorCross, Resistance, LittleBigPlanet, House, and the best game i've played on it, Virtua Fighter 5.

There's many awesome games coming out, there would be a patch to fix the online play, there would be achievements, they're adding community-based stuff. It's like they're actually listening to us.

Grabbal
03-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Lodat

House?? Not a game based on the show right??

Lodat225
03-16-2007, 03:52 PM
No, it's like your PS3 house. You keep your movies there, you "hang" out with other people - it's cool.

0r4ng3
03-16-2007, 03:52 PM
What makes the 360 different from the Xbox? Same thing - just better graphics.

What makes the PS3 different from the PS2? The thingy that makes it move or whatever it's called and better graphics. Hmm, improvement.

What makes the Wii different than the Gamecube? Improved graphics (yes, they are. Look at Mario Galaxy), completely different gameplay, the WiiMote, the design of the whole system and controllers, and live.

The Wii has had the greatest improvements, and it's next gen. The PS3 has changed more than the 360.The Wii doesn't have "improvements". It's just different. I happen to like the Wii, but I'm calling it for what it is.

Do you even have an Xbox360? It's very different from the original Xbox. Wireless controllers (I mean, they're more mainstream this time around), better hard drive, ability to sync with mp3 players, Xbox Live Silver, and an optional HD-DVD player. PS3 is just a bigger, better PS2. With Blu-Ray.

Also, they were "next gen" because they were new systems. Did they change at all? Nope. I think next gen is a different experience in gaming; none which PS3 or 360 have.
So you're basically saying that next-gen systems were called that way simply because they're new, and didn't change at all? Are you contradicting yourself here, or am I reading this wrong?

Edit: Also, PS3 House is just a glorified Habbo Hotel.
Edit2: Oh and it's "PS3 Home". I forgot about that.

ruroken
03-16-2007, 03:53 PM
ooooh a House M.D. game would be awesome! Though it'd probably only be Trauma Center with the ability to make your co-workers feel like shit. Which would be so much fun.

Pffff old PSone games that kick ass and I still haven't been able to find yet > Wii

I want Silent Bomber so bad ='(

And because its video game related: Has anyone else played Shin Megami Tensei for the SNES? It's so awesome!! Talking to your enemies and getting them to join you and getting to fuse them! I'm hella addicted to it right now.

PS3 is just a bigger, better PS2. With Blu-Ray.

What in the FUCK are you talking about?! The PS3 is total shit. If only for not having the ability to play the entire *drool* library of PSone and PS2 games. omg rpg heaven (and every other genre too)

sKratch
03-16-2007, 03:56 PM
bee tea dubbs,
http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=15493

Grabbal
03-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Warning
Off topic:

People saying "Hella" these days, is that because of Cartman??

ruroken
03-16-2007, 03:59 PM
I said it before I saw South Park so... no, its not.

JohnnyNemesis
03-16-2007, 04:00 PM
I too agree(d) that the PS3 is/was total shit...but then my friend bought Virtua Fighter 5 and I adore that franchise and the game is fucking unbelievable. I still have no interest in the system, but ohhh *drool*, how I loved playing Virtua Fighter 5 so much.

bee tea dubbs

I say this all the time in real life and I thought I was the only one. <3 for you.

Lodat225
03-16-2007, 04:01 PM
The Wii doesn't have "improvements". It's just different. I happen to like the Wii, but I'm calling it for what it is.

Do you even have an Xbox360? It's very different from the original Xbox. Wireless controllers (I mean, they're more mainstream this time around), better hard drive, ability to sync with mp3 players, Xbox Live Silver, and an optional HD-DVD player. PS3 is just a bigger, better PS2. With Blu-Ray.

So you're basically saying that next-gen systems were called that way simply because they're new, and didn't change at all? Are you contradicting yourself here, or am I reading this wrong?

Edit: Also, PS3 House is just a glorified Habbo Hotel.

The Wii does have improvements. You're telling me that the Wii hasn't improved over Gamecube? It's the only new, different, better gameplay.

Yeah, i do have an Xbox 360. Wireless controllers? Just like PS2's, Gamecube's, Wii's? By better hardrive, you mean it holds more? How does that affect the way you play games? Mp3 players still doesn't affect gameplay enough to call it next-gen. You still can't play online with Silver, so what was the point of putting that there, it's just an inferior Gold membership. Atleast in the PS3 you can play live and it's all free. The HD-DVD player does not affect the gameplay WHATSOEVER. Just prettier graphics - going back to what i said.

No, i said that the PS2 and Gamecube were called like that because of the graphics, and they were new. Nothing else.

This time around - it's the same thing. only the wii is different.

Ruroken, the Wii is MUCH better PS1 games. You don't know video games if you say the PS3 is shit.

Ricky, i own Virtua Fighter 5 and it's the best next-gen fighting game made.

ruroken
03-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Ruroken, the Wii is MUCH better PS1 games. You don't know video games if you say the PS3 is shit.

The only game really worth its purchase is Twilight Princess, and you can get that on Gamecube. In fact, practically everything on the system is a game you can either get on a different system (although slightly different) or, well, do in real life. The Playstation, however, has Xenogears, Final Fantasy 7 (hell, all of them except 3, really), Final Fantasy Tactics, Tomba! etc. (I really doubt I need to make a whole list) and you're saying Virtua Fighter 5 and Resistance: Fall of Man (the ONLY games I've even heard of worth playing) somehow make the PS3 better than the PSone or even PS2? Ha! It seems you are the one who doesn't know video games.

0r4ng3
03-16-2007, 04:27 PM
The Wii does have improvements. You're telling me that the Wii hasn't improved over Gamecube? It's the only new, different, better gameplay.
I'm not saying that it's not an improvement, I'm just saying that different doesn't always equal better.

Yeah, i do have an Xbox 360. Wireless controllers? Just like PS2's, Gamecube's, Wii's? By better hardrive, you mean it holds more? How does that affect the way you play games? Mp3 players still doesn't affect gameplay enough to call it next-gen. You still can't play online with Silver, so what was the point of putting that there, it's just an inferior Gold membership. Atleast in the PS3 you can play live and it's all free. The HD-DVD player does not affect the gameplay WHATSOEVER. Just prettier graphics - going back to what i said.The PS3 online thing might be free, but it's a confusing clusterfuck, from what I've heard.

Okay, fine, maybe the gameplay is largely unaffected by a few of those features, but that doesn't mean it's not a next generation console. It's still a step up from last generation consoles.

No, i said that the PS2 and Gamecube were called like that because of the graphics, and they were new. Nothing else.
So then why are you saying that Wii is the only true next-gen console? I'd think that both Xbox360 and PS3 qualify for that status, too.

Lodat225
03-16-2007, 04:32 PM
The only game really worth its purchase is Twilight Princess, and you can get that on Gamecube. In fact, practically everything on the system is a game you can either get on a different system (although slightly different) or, well, do in real life. The Playstation, however, has Xenogears, Final Fantasy 7 (hell, all of them except 3, really), Final Fantasy Tactics, Tomba! etc. (I really doubt I need to make a whole list) and you're saying Virtua Fighter 5 and Resistance: Fall of Man (the ONLY games I've even heard of worth playing) somehow make the PS3 better than the PSone or even PS2? Ha! It seems you are the one who doesn't know video games.

Only Twilight Princess? Wow. Just stop there. Like the mirrored world of Zelda in Gamecube is as good as the Wii one. It's different. Go play it before you judge it. Everything? Wow. Do i need to list all the games, and the future games that are coming out? What about Trauma Center, Mario Galazy, DBZ Budokai 2, Mario Kickers 2, SSBB, etc. and many more. Do in real life? Oh, you mean Wii Sports or Wii Play? Yes, 'cause i'm sure you can ride a cow in real life.

You only play RPGs right? God, you have no valid point in this conversation.

Have you played the PS3 ? There's alot of decent PS3 games. Go play them before you judge them by what other people say.

I said the PS3 isn't shit. It's not better than both of those but it's not shit. It's an awesome game system.

You should play one before you judge it.

Lodat225
03-16-2007, 04:35 PM
I'm not saying that it's not an improvement, I'm just saying that different doesn't always equal better.

The PS3 online thing might be free, but it's a confusing clusterfuck, from what I've heard.

Okay, fine, maybe the gameplay is largely unaffected by a few of those features, but that doesn't mean it's not a next generation console. It's still a step up from last generation consoles.

So then why are you saying that Wii is the only true next-gen console? I'd think that both Xbox360 and PS3 qualify for that status, too.

- But the Wii is better than the Gamecube. Much, much better.

- Yes, it is free and it is confusing but it's still online play and it's free and it's pretty awesome.

- It is but it isn't "new". The PS3 and 360 haven't delivered anything new that has so greatly affected the gameplay making it truly next-gen - not just a name.

- Because it has something better, something different. It's gameplay is so different and amazing.

ruroken
03-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Only Twilight Princess? Wow. Just stop there. Like the mirrored world of Zelda in Gamecube is as good as the Wii one. It's different. Go play it before you judge it. Everything? Wow. Do i need to list all the games, and the future games that are coming out? What about Trauma Center, Mario Galazy, DBZ Budokai 2, Mario Kickers 2, SSBB, etc. and many more. Do in real life? Oh, you mean Wii Sports or Wii Play? Yes, 'cause i'm sure you can ride a cow in real life.
hahahhahaha no. You can't judge the worth of a system by SHOULD BE awesome games. That's just impulsive. And you can ride a cow in real life. Just go to a farm and hop on.

You only play RPGs right? God, you have no valid point in this conversation.
Are you retarded? I said all genres. I can only think of RPGs off hand because those are my main video game interest. Plus, there are all those other games that don't quite get a genre like Oddworld. Sure, its a platformer, but its much different from every other platformer.

Have you played the PS3 ? There's alot of decent PS3 games. Go play them before you judge them by what other people say.
How can you say decent is better than fucking amazing? The PSone library is fucking amazing on its own. But with the PS2, its godly.

I said the PS3 isn't shit. It's not better than both of those but it's not shit. It's an awesome game system.
In what way? Decent games and great graphics? I'm sorry, but wasn't that how the Dreamcast was?

You should play one before you judge it.
I don't need to. I need amazing games. Not decent or slight variations. I could care less about those. Also, I'm judging from the present. Not the future.

sKratch
03-16-2007, 05:19 PM
I say this all the time in real life and I thought I was the only one. <3 for you.

/me blushes

0r4ng3
03-16-2007, 05:27 PM
I say "el oh el" and "doubleyou tee eff" (and the occasional "gee tee eff oh") in real life, but it's just not the same.

Llamas
03-16-2007, 05:32 PM
I say "bee tee why" in real life, but it's an inside joke.

Lodat225
03-16-2007, 07:06 PM
hahahhahaha no. You can't judge the worth of a system by SHOULD BE awesome games. That's just impulsive. And you can ride a cow in real life. Just go to a farm and hop on.

I'm not. There's many good games out now that are fun/better than 360's games.

Are you retarded? I said all genres. I can only think of RPGs off hand because those are my main video game interest. Plus, there are all those other games that don't quite get a genre like Oddworld. Sure, its a platformer, but its much different from every other platformer.
You only said RPGS. You never said all the genres.

How can you say decent is better than fucking amazing? The PSone library is fucking amazing on its own. But with the PS2, its godly.

I'm not. The Wii itself is better than the PSone in every way possible.

In what way? Decent games and great graphics? I'm sorry, but wasn't that how the Dreamcast was?

Good games, and good graphics, good downloading system, good storage = not shit. shit was the Atari 5200.

I don't need to. I need amazing games. Not decent or slight variations. I could care less about those. Also, I'm judging from the present. Not the future.

You have no valid point since you haven't played them! That's like saying "i don't like fish" and you haven't even tried it,.

JohnnyNemesis
03-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Lodat and ruroken: stop breaking the thread :(

Lodat225
03-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Ruroken's too ignorant to have a valid point in this conversation...:(

Paint_It_Black
03-16-2007, 08:17 PM
I so totally want a Wii.

I want one really bad but I don't have the time at all.

I got bored beyond that.

ruroken
03-16-2007, 08:38 PM
I'm not. There's many good games out now that are fun/better than 360's games.
360 = more shit. I'm not arguing about the 360. I hate the Xbox.

You only said RPGS. You never said all the genres.

What in the FUCK are you talking about?! The PS3 is total shit. If only for not having the ability to play the entire *drool* library of PSone and PS2 games. omg rpg heaven (and every other genre too)
Read the whole fucking thread, retard.

I'm not. The Wii itself is better than the PSone in every way possible.
LOLZ not. Only in graphics and controls, although only because of revolutionary.

Good games, and good graphics, good downloading system, good storage = not shit. shit was the Atari 5200.
ROMS > paying for it

You have no valid point since you haven't played them! That's like saying "i don't like fish" and you haven't even tried it,.
Why should I have to play a few games to think a system as a whole is better? The point isn't which has a better game, but which has more great games. And the Playstation wins that. It always will, too.

Here's a list of all the great games for the PSone for you:
Ape Escape
Arc the Lad Collection (1, 2, 3)
Bloody Roar
Bloody Roar 2
Brave Fencer Musashi
Breath of Fire III
Breath of Fire IV
Bushido Blade
Bushido Blade 2
Castlevania Chronicles
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Chrono Cross
Darkstalkers
Dead or Alive
Deception
Deception III: Dark Delusion
Dragon Warrior VII
Fear Effect
Final Fantasy Origins (1, 2)
Final Fantasy Anthology (5, 6)
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy Chronicles (4, Chrono Trigger)
Final Fantasy Tactics
Front Mission 3
Galerians
Gallop Racer
Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo 2
Grandia
Guilty Gear
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
The Legend of Dragoon
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete
Medal of Honor
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Slug X
Mr. Driller
Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Ogre Battle
PaRappa the Rapper
Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve II
Persona
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
R-Types
R-Type Delta
Rayman
Rayman 2
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Rival Schools
RPG Maker
Saga Frontier
Saga Frontier 2
Saiyuki: Journey West
Shin Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei II
Shin Megami Tensei if...
Silent Bomber
Silhouette Mirage
Silent Hill
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Suikoden
Suikoden II
Tactics Ogre
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
Tales of Destiny
Tales of Destiny II
Tekken 3
Tenchu: Stealth Assassins
Tenchu 2: Birth of the Stealth Assassins
Threads of Fate
Tomba!
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2
Valkyrie Profile
Worms Armageddon
Xenogears

The best system is the one with the most kick ass games. Fact.
Also, I highly doubt you've even played anywhere near half what I put up, meaning that you are just as "ignorant" as you say I am.

Lodat and ruroken: stop breaking the thread :(

No.

Lodat225
03-16-2007, 08:48 PM
360 = more shit. I'm not arguing about the 360. I hate the Xbox.
Wow, thank you for proving me wrong. :rolleyes: (i wish the rolling eyes smiley wasn't smiling.)

Read the whole fucking thread, retard.
You mean post? That was misleading. And the post i quoted did NOT have that. you took that from another post or something.

LOLZ not. Only in graphics and controls, although only because of revolutionary.
The Wii's been out for a few months, of course it's not going to have a huge library to compare it with but the Wii, up until now, is amazing.

ROMS > paying for it

Hmm, the PSone? Doesn't that take up alot of space?

Why should I have to play a few games to think a system as a whole is better? The point isn't which has a better game, but which has more great games. And the Playstation wins that. It always will, too.

(games)

How long has the Wii been out? Yeah, i'm sure the Wii would have a library as a 7+ year old system. PSone, and PS2 has dominated the game industry but, IMO, the Wii is better than the PSone.

The best system is the one with the most kick ass games. Fact.
Also, I highly doubt you've even played anywhere near half what I put up, meaning that you are just as "ignorant" as you say I am.

Ha. Really? You mean you've played all of the PSone games? I don't take pride in this or anything but i have played almost every 360 game, all of the PS3 games, all of the Wii games (except a few like spongebob) ALOT of the GOOD PS2 games, same thing with Xbox and GCube, ALOT, ALOT of N64 games, i own alot of Nes and SNES games, and i've played some PSone games.

You've played with your PSone, right?

No.

QFT, lawlz.

ruroken
03-16-2007, 09:00 PM
Wow, thank you for proving me wrong. :rolleyes: (i wish the rolling eyes smiley wasn't smiling.)
Wait... I lost track. Why would I need to prove the Playstation's supremacy to the Xbox? The Xbox has the worst amount of variety.

You mean post? That was misleading. And the post i quoted did NOT have that. you took that from another post or something.
No, I meant thread. And exactly.

The Wii's been out for a few months, of course it's not going to have a huge library to compare it with but the Wii, up until now, is amazing.
This doesn't change that the Playstation is currently far superior.

Hmm, the PSone? Doesn't that take up alot of space?
Are you retarded? I was referring to the NES and SNES. You can't download PSone games on the fucking Wii! Imbecile

How long has the Wii been out? I'm sure the Wii would have a library as a 7+ year old system. PSone, and PS2 has dominated the game industry but, IMO, the Wii is better than the PSone.
You ignored that you are just as ignorant with the Playstation as I am with the Wii.

Ha. Really? You mean you've played all of the PSone games? I don't take pride in this or anything but i have played almost every 360 game, all of the PS3 games, all of the Wii games (except a few like spongebob) ALOT of the GOOD PS2 games, same thing with Xbox and GCube, ALOT, ALOT of N64 games, i own alot of Nes and SNES games, and i've played some PSone games.

You've played with your PSone, right?

As have I, yet the Playstation library is far superior to all of them. And, uh, there aren't as many N64 games as you make it sound. The N64 has like, the second smallest library of games for a semi-successful home console.

QFT, lawlz.
Shwa?

Lodat225
03-16-2007, 09:08 PM
Wait... I lost track. Why would I need to prove the Playstation's supremacy to the Xbox? The Xbox has the worst amount of variety.
What are you talking about? Xbox and Xbox 360 are amazing consoles. You think anything that isn't sony is shit. God, you're narrow minded.

No, I meant thread. And exactly.
Oh, wow. like im going to read other threads and remember it.

This doesn't change that the Playstation is currently far superior.
If you mean PS2, then of course. It's been out for more than 6 years. Xbox 360 is better than the PS2 though. If you mean PS3 - no, it's not even though the PS3 is awesome.

Are you retarded? I was referring to the NES and SNES. You can't download PSone games on the fucking Wii! Imbecile
I didn't know you were talking about the wii! Those are called Virtua Console games!

You ignored that you are just as ignorant with the Playstation as I am with the Wii.
Me? I used to be a Sony fanboy until i played with the xbox and saw the tag price of the PS3. Now all that sony wants to do is make money - they don't care about making a console even though it's an awesome one.

Did you hear about the PS3 grill? Hellz yeah.

As have I, yet the Playstation library is far superior to all of them. And, uh, there aren't as many N64 games as you make it sound. The N64 has like, the second smallest library of games for a semi-successful home console.
Yes, because the Playstation consoles have been out longer than any other console. It still doesn't matter. I have played games my whole life - yes, i'm a nerd.

Shwa?

Booya.

Change the world
03-16-2007, 09:16 PM
Does anyone know if they are making a Drumming Game for the Wii?
Kinda like Guitar Hero.
I've heard they are. I dunno how they'd do it though.

0r4ng3
03-16-2007, 09:21 PM
Drum hero? I can sort of see how that'd work. You basically drum with the remote or nunchuck, and the buttons would be like the frets of the guitar, but, y'know, with drums.

Like, if you press the A button and flick the remote, you get snare, but if you press B you get bass drum. That'd be pretty cool.

Homer
03-16-2007, 09:29 PM
^ Yeah, although it would be cool, it would be a huge letdown for real drummers, because, where's the feet? Sadly, it's most probably not going to come out with pedals because Nintendo isn't letting anyone know their technology in the controller... so no add-ons.

0r4ng3
03-16-2007, 09:35 PM
True, but the game isn't for drummers. How close is the Guitar Hero controller to an actual guitar? Is DDR really about dancing?

It'll be a good game I'm sure, but it won't come close to actual drumming.

Homer
03-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Yeah but, with the Wii remotes, you think it'd be very easy to make a great drum simulation, and many people would like to get close to the real thing since drums are so easy to pick up and play. But if it will be played with pressing a button for a certain drum, then I'll be disappointed, and probably just rent it.

Lars
03-17-2007, 07:33 AM
Wow, this things currently going for $1500 on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140096836327

Grabbal
03-17-2007, 07:33 AM
Cool, but way too expencive.

Nina
03-17-2007, 09:36 AM
That price is insane, no matter how cool that thing is.

Grabbal
03-17-2007, 10:09 AM
Didn't see this.

Portion of proceeds dontated to Child's Play Charity!

That makes it even more cool!

ruroken
03-17-2007, 10:12 AM
What are you talking about? Xbox and Xbox 360 are amazing consoles. You think anything that isn't sony is shit. God, you're narrow minded.
No, I love the NES and SNES. I love the Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance, DS, Gamecube, Saturn, Turbografx-16, and Genesis. I'm not saying their shit as in what they can do, but as in what games they can play. The variety in its LIBRARY. Its uneven. The worth of a console is what games it plays, not its power.

Oh, wow. like im going to read other threads and remember it.
No, you idiot. I said read the whole thread. As in this thread. How are you not getting that?

If you mean PS2, then of course. It's been out for more than 6 years. Xbox 360 is better than the PS2 though.
wtf? you just contridicted yourself.

I didn't know you were talking about the wii! Those are called Virtua Console games!
But they still count as a part of the Wii as a whole.

Me? I used to be a Sony fanboy until i played with the xbox and saw the tag price of the PS3. Now all that sony wants to do is make money - they don't care about making a console even though it's an awesome one.
I'm not a fanboy. I'm not going to buy the PS3. It has absolutely nothing of interest to me.

Lodat225
03-17-2007, 04:36 PM
No, I love the NES and SNES. I love the Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance, DS, Gamecube, Saturn, Turbografx-16, and Genesis. I'm not saying their shit as in what they can do, but as in what games they can play. The variety in its LIBRARY. Its uneven. The worth of a console is what games it plays, not its power.
So you mean to say that a system is good if it has shitty power but good games? That doesn't make sense.

No, you idiot. I said read the whole thread. As in this thread. How are you not getting that?
why would i read the whole thread? there's no point to reading anything that doesn't concern me.

wtf? you just contridicted yourself.
i meant that the 360 is better than PS3. i messed up.

But they still count as a part of the Wii as a whole.
alright? so a game counts as the system?

I'm not a fanboy. I'm not going to buy the PS3. It has absolutely nothing of interest to me.
Have you played the Wii, PS3, or 360? If not, then you can't say it's shit based on what other people say.

ruroken
03-17-2007, 07:59 PM
A system is only as good as its games, as that was what it was made for. Only a brain-dead man-child would play a system with shit games.

Jakebert
03-17-2007, 08:16 PM
You two need to get laid.

Lodat225
03-17-2007, 08:17 PM
A system is only as good as its games, as that was what it was made for. Only a brain-dead man-child would play a system with shit games.

Yeah, but every system has atleast some good games.

Camel Filters
03-17-2007, 11:12 PM
This is my personal opinion on this subject. I think all gaming systems are overrated and is bought by people with no life, sitting in front of a t.v. all day playing a stupid video game. I will never buy a gaming system.

JohnnyNemesis
03-17-2007, 11:14 PM
I think all gaming systems are overrated and is bought by people with no life, sitting in front of a t.v. all day playing a stupid video game. I will never buy a gaming system.

Beats sitting in front of a computer all day typing "cum" and other spamalicious bullshit, amirite?

Camel Filters
03-17-2007, 11:19 PM
I havn't said anything perverted since I've made my return. I work 7 days a week for a living. So don't try to tell me that I have no life.

Sorry, I'm a little crabby. I'm going to snap at any second if anyone even comes close to me.

Paint_It_Black
03-18-2007, 02:41 AM
Since when does working seven days a week prove you have a life? It would seem to me to be evidence to the contrary.

Lodat225
03-18-2007, 07:09 AM
I havn't said anything perverted since I've made my return. I work 7 days a week for a living. So don't try to tell me that I have no life.

Sorry, I'm a little crabby. I'm going to snap at any second if anyone even comes close to me.

That would mean you have no life, and flaming others for playing video games is weak.

Weak.

Jakebert
03-18-2007, 07:37 AM

Everyone I know that works as much as you do don't have lives, so they pretend that work counts even though it doesn't.

JohnnyNemesis
03-18-2007, 09:42 AM
Yeah, what they said. Having a life is usually that thing you do after work. Making corny videos with your friends doesn't count either.

WebDudette
03-18-2007, 10:49 AM
Ruroken, the PS1 and PS2 libraries have had a shit load more time to develop then the Wii and others. Give them some time for God sake.

Also, I don't know about you but I do like good graphics and inovative ideas and controls.

Grabbal
03-18-2007, 10:55 AM
Anyone here have a wii, 360 and PS3??

Only they should be able to judge which is the best. Unless it's an idiot!

WebDudette
03-18-2007, 10:56 AM
I'am pretty sure they are not arguing next-gen concoles superiority to each other but to older systems.

ruroken
03-18-2007, 12:21 PM
Ruroken, the PS1 and PS2 libraries have had a shit load more time to develop then the Wii and others. Give them some time for God sake.

No shit. And until then, PSone and PS2 reign supreme. Although the Wii has the potential of becoming best. With the inclusion of so many older games and the support of (every?) third-party developer. Not to mention Nintendo's perfect first-party games.

And I had a life. It sucked. Being alone ftw. Far more interesting.

Lodat225
03-18-2007, 03:27 PM
Anyone here have a wii, 360 and PS3??

Only they should be able to judge which is the best. Unless it's an idiot!

Yes, i have all three... but i'm an idiot.

Oh, PSone and PS2 have dominated the video game industry.

ruroken
03-18-2007, 03:32 PM
My point exactly. Yet PS3 is bound to fail. Especially if Blu-ray fails... which would be really sad. I don't really get why they chose Blu-ray (aside from it having more space than DVD) because DVD would work just fine.

Lodat225
03-18-2007, 03:47 PM
My point exactly. Yet PS3 is bound to fail. Especially if Blu-ray fails... which would be really sad. I don't really get why they chose Blu-ray (aside from it having more space than DVD) because DVD would work just fine.

PS3 can't and won't fail. They're already fixing most of the problems they had. Now, imagine that and their future library of game. But until then, we don't know... but i doubt it.

ruroken
03-18-2007, 03:49 PM
What problems were there?
Oooh Grand Theft Auto on PS3... but they won't let us do everything :(

Lodat225
03-18-2007, 03:54 PM
I don't know, like laggy online, and stuff. they're adding alot of stuff to it. alot of "community-based" stuff.

ruroken
03-18-2007, 04:03 PM
Oh right, I forgot about online (because I never use it for any of my systems)

JohnnyNemesis
07-06-2007, 06:54 PM
So, I finally got me a Wii (last one in the store lol). Bought it yesterday, started playing it today, bought a few channels (and one SNES game: Street Fighter II: Turbo omg nostalgia).

My friend code is 6776 8438 2366 0626. I don't even know what to do with it, but it's fucking cool that I have a friend code!

I wish we could play Virtual Console games online. Old school Mario Kart online? Fucking drool.

Not Ozymandias
07-06-2007, 07:02 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/mphomvongsa/Michelle-Wie-1.jpg ?

mrconeman
07-06-2007, 08:00 PM
awesome i totally played a wii at a party justnow wario is some srs lolz.

0r4ng3
07-06-2007, 08:39 PM
I got a Wii a couple of months back but I'm already incredibly bored with it. Then again, I haven't been playing much of any video games lately. I'm mostly playing Super Smash Bros. Melee on it nowadays.

Homer
07-06-2007, 11:22 PM
I'm in the same boat as 0r4ng3. I've only pretty much played Gamecube games on the Wii since Twilight Princess. Games like Killer 7, Eternal Darkness, and that's pretty much it. Oh wait, I forgot Super Paper Mario.

But all is not bad since I just bought Ninja Gaiden Sigma for the PS3. Awesome.

JohnnyNemesis
07-07-2007, 01:37 AM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/mphomvongsa/Michelle-Wie-1.jpg ?

Fucking win overload.

Wolfbutter
07-07-2007, 08:27 AM
So, I finally got me a Wii (last one in the store lol). Bought it yesterday, started playing it today, bought a few channels (and one SNES game: Street Fighter II: Turbo omg nostalgia).

My friend code is 6776 8438 2366 0626. I don't even know what to do with it, but it's fucking cool that I have a friend code!

I wish we could play Virtual Console games online. Old school Mario Kart online? Fucking drool.

If you want to play online with someone, usually you have to trade friend codes with someone. This is Nintendo's way of keeping out trouble-makers, and it's the worst online system ever. It's annoying.

JohnnyNemesis
07-07-2007, 12:49 PM
This is the first system I've ever gone online with, and even I think that sucks. I mean, it's cool to have a Friend Code system in place, but does that mean there aren't going to be game lobbies and shit like that?

Homer
07-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Well, there COULD be game lobbies, but that's only if the developers of the games decide to put it in themselves. The thing with Xbox360 and PS3 is that they offer online, and all developers have to do is create something that uses it, instead of creating a whole system. So yeah, don't expect much online fun with the Wii.

Little_Miss_1565
07-07-2007, 04:56 PM
I was indifferent to the Wii for awhile, and then I played Wario's Smooth Moves. Supa hot. Blew my mind.

Wolfbutter
07-07-2007, 06:20 PM
There are pretty much no game lobbies. However, there is one on Pokemon diamond for DS, but it's still extremely limited without a friend code. You can't really do anything without it.

If you really wanted to play online with a lot of people, then you should just go to a message board and exchange friend codes with everyone there.

Thomas
07-07-2007, 07:38 PM
You two need to get laid.

^I couldn't have said it better myself.

That being said, at the moment, the Wii is the best system to get, both for it's price and gameplay. I probably wont get one, though. I haven't gotten a nintendo console since the original NES. I played Super Nintendo a lot, though, at my friend's house.

Personally, I don't have either of the three new systems, but I have my eyes on the PS3 for just a few reasons. The first being Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. If THAT game isn't next generation, then I don't know what is. I would also get it for Half Life 2 (my computers suck) and Half Life Episodes 1, 2, and 3. I'm not 100% sure if those will be on PS3, but I believe they will be. Also, I have quite a few PS2 games and I would still want to be albe to play those.

Really, the only things about the PS3 that I don't really approve of are the lack of the rumble thing in the controllers (seriously, wtf?) and the price, but I'm sure the price will go down before I can even afford anything new, so I'm not too worried about that.

Actually, I kinda want the PS3 to fail so the price avalanches. I don't care what others think as long as I don't have to pay a lot.

And as for the drumming video game:

http://www.amazon.com/Taiko-Drum-Master-w-Drumcon/dp/B0002CHJ7S

I've played it before. Not too bad, actually. It's basically a Japanese acid trip, but pretty fun.

sKratch
07-09-2007, 08:49 AM

Already told you, but I don't have my friend code at the moment. I'm keeping my Wii at a friend's over the summer because my house is a whack place to play it. omg mom leave me alone :[ :[ :[
And I am now certain that we are meant to be riquito bambito because when I got my Wii it was also the last one in the store.

I was indifferent to the Wii for awhile, and then I played Wario's Smooth Moves. Supa hot. Blew my mind.

lolz i like to introduce that game to people as "Japan". There's no other way to explain it.
Pffft my record is like 55 on the super hard elephant or something like that. But I haven't played it in months.

Wolfbutter
07-09-2007, 01:17 PM
The best Wii game is NOT Twilight Princess. Too similar to Ocarina of Time, it's laaame. Though it's probably not that bad from a gameplay perspective, the lack of evolution and oringinality alone warrant it for total suckage.

The best zelda game is wind waker, which i'm almost done with. I just need to get 4000 rupess for Tingle, that little bastard.

The best wii game is probably super paper mario, wario-ware, or something on the VC.

JohnnyNemesis
07-09-2007, 01:19 PM
I loved Wind Waker and all, except for the fact that it was just WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAAAAAAAAAAAY too fucking easy. It was nearly perfect in every possible aspect except for that. Pisses me off sometimes.

Oh, and the best Zelda ever was A Link to the Past. Fuckin' recognize.

Wolfbutter
07-09-2007, 01:30 PM
A Link to the Past was before my time. I tried it, but it kinda bored me.

Yeah, Wind Waker's easy, but getting 3000-4000 rupees isn't. I love the combat though. Every time you hit an enemy, it makes a sound, and link flies through the air and stuff, it's satisfying.

Also, OOT is overrated, that game is boring...

Infact, Wind Waker is pretty much the only Zelda I like.

JohnnyNemesis
07-09-2007, 01:31 PM
A Link to the Past was before my time. I tried it, but it kinda bored me.

FOUHGDUILGFh FRivu;j *heart attack*

You just killed me with your blasphemy. Please be kind and pay for my funeral, friend.

Indeed, indeed!

I always needed help with that game, but that game is perfection all the way!
Games nowadays just don't give me the feeling I got from playing good games back then.

The first time I got the glove that lets me pick up the heavy rocks and stuff is still one of the most exciting moments of my life.

Wolfbutter
07-09-2007, 01:37 PM
The worst zelda is adventure of link. HOLY SHIT, that game belongs in the fiery pits of hell.

Homer
07-09-2007, 02:50 PM
That being said, at the moment, the Wii is the best system to get, both for it's price and gameplay. I probably wont get one, though. I haven't gotten a nintendo console since the original NES. I played Super Nintendo a lot, though, at my friend's house.
Personally, I don't have either of the three new systems, but I have my eyes on the PS3 for just a few reasons. The first being Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. If THAT game isn't next generation, then I don't know what is. I would also get it for Half Life 2 (my computers suck) and Half Life Episodes 1, 2, and 3. I'm not 100% sure if those will be on PS3, but I believe they will be. Also, I have quite a few PS2 games and I would still want to be albe to play those.
Really, the only things about the PS3 that I don't really approve of are the lack of the rumble thing in the controllers (seriously, wtf?) and the price, but I'm sure the price will go down before I can even afford anything new, so I'm not too worried about that.
Actually, I kinda want the PS3 to fail so the price avalanches. I don't care what others think as long as I don't have to pay a lot.

Good news! PS3 gets a 100 dollar price drop in August. Also, they're bringing out a new 80 gig version for the original 600 dollar price, but it comes with Motorstorm, so the only real difference between the two is about 40 bucks.
Also, the Sony settled the lawsuit issue with Immersion, so now they're introducing rumble in their controllers, and apparently is has 7 different points in the controller where it rumbles. Useless, but hey, it awesome at the same time.

And as for the drumming video game:
http://www.amazon.com/Taiko-Drum-Master-w-Drumcon/dp/B0002CHJ7S
I've played it before. Not too bad, actually. It's basically a Japanese acid trip, but pretty fun.

If you want a drum game, I suggest you get Rock Band (http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/puzzle/rockband/index.html?tag=result;title;1) when it comes out. I think there's a video of it being played from that link. Anyways, it's got a controller with 4 different pads sitting up on a stand and a pedal, and you need drumsticks to play it. Not only that, but you can get your buddies to play either a bass, guitar, or vocals, or all of them. It's also from the guys who made Guitar Hero, so it's going to be good. But you need a PS3...

EDIT:
Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AddhTOx8S4)

Wolfbutter
07-09-2007, 03:01 PM
$500 is still a lot of money though. I don't really think it will help.

Llamas
07-09-2007, 03:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AddhTOx8S4

That's like the epidimy of nerdiness... haha.

Homer
07-09-2007, 03:20 PM
$500 is still a lot of money though. I don't really think it will help.

Xbox360 is about 20 bucks more expensive than the PS3 if you want Live with it. The point is, you get a lot more value for $500.

Thomas
07-09-2007, 04:45 PM
That Rock Band is now another reason for me to get a PS3.

Llamas
07-09-2007, 05:04 PM
That Rock Band is now another reason for me to get a PS3.

To be honest, I saw you posted here and I expected one of those elitist "I already play REAL drums, why would I want to play that??" posts. So glad to see I was wrong. :)

Thomas
07-09-2007, 05:47 PM
ha. ha. I'm not THAT MUCH of a prick. :(

But yeah, that looks abolutely amazing. The perfect party game! I'm almost as excited for that as I am MGS4!

ZagmenO
07-09-2007, 05:51 PM
Will "Rock band" be on the Wii?

Homer
07-09-2007, 06:54 PM
No it will not.

Anyways, yeah, I'm a drummer and I've been waiting for a game to this. I guess this is because I can rarely play my drums at home, and I guess it'd be kind of cool to see how well they can put drums into a game like this.

JohnnyNemesis
07-09-2007, 06:55 PM
The PS3 is capitalism at its worst.

Harnum
07-09-2007, 07:07 PM
The over-popularity of the PS3 and how much people were anticipating something super amazing makes me sadz... :(

JohnnyNemesis
07-09-2007, 07:09 PM
And instead it's just decent, lolololo.

For $500, a video game system should not only play games, but jack me off at the same time.

Harnum
07-09-2007, 07:11 PM
SexStation! The newest video gaming system to hit the shelf! At a veeery cheap $500, the SexStation can help you pwn n00bz online and give you a rock hard erection at the same time!

A little too in depth?

nieh
07-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Are you trying to say that getting a rock hard erection from pwning n00bz online isn't normal?

One time in NY, I saw that someone hard carved "NOOB" in huge letters into the window on a subway car. They must be really hardcore.

Little_Miss_1565
07-09-2007, 09:34 PM
lolz i like to introduce that game to people as "Japan". There's no other way to explain it.
Pffft my record is like 55 on the super hard elephant or something like that. But I haven't played it in months.

Haha. We were all hung over as fuck and had little sleep when someone put that on for us. None of us knew what to say. We just kept playing...and marvelling.

Ninty Man
07-09-2007, 09:35 PM
Hey... will rock band game be in 360?? I swear I saw the video for 360

And fuck, I WILL NOT PAY 500 BUCKS FOR A CONSOLE WHO DOESN'T HAVE GAMES... and not, fuck MGS 4 don't count for me :P

I have Wii and 360...

the wii rocks so much... but it needs a bit more games
the 360... I love it... but it crack down :(

Homer
07-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Yes, it's coming to the 360 too.

And 500 dollars isn't that expensive (comparatively speaking), and like I said, it costs less than the 360.

Xbox360 = $400 + $120 (4 year subscription to Live) = $520
PS3 = $500

About the games though, PS3 has enough games out to keep me happy, and there's plenty more coming. I don't feel like naming them all, so, go find them.

Ninty Man
07-09-2007, 09:44 PM

And 500 dollars isn't that expensive (comparatively speaking), and like I said, it costs less than the 360.

PS3 = $500

About the games though, PS3 has enough games out to keep me happy, and there's plenty more coming. I don't feel like naming them all, so, go find them.

That Live thing excuse is lame in my opinion

I prefer to pay that service, with quality, that support the pain ass that is PSN.

Sorry, but for me, the PS 3 prize is absurd, and don't worth my 500 bucks (here in Mexico the PS3 is in 800-900 dollars)

Sinister
07-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Oh, and the best for of entertainment ever was A Link to the Past. Fuckin' recognize.
Fixed. Link's Awakening is a very close second best.

JohnnyNemesis
07-09-2007, 10:20 PM
500 dollars isn't that expensive

Does not compute.

ps. that 360 is way too fucking expensive too.

Homer
07-09-2007, 11:13 PM
Does not compute.

"500 dollars isn't that expensive (comparatively speaking)" Though, I don't know if read that the first time, since I edited it.

That Live thing excuse is lame in my opinion

No isn't. Everyone who's going to buy an Xbox360 is going to pay for Live. If not, then why did you buy it?

I prefer to pay that service, with quality, that support the pain ass that is PSN.

If you don't have a PS3, how do you know about the PSN? I know in fact that it's a great service, with no lag, demos, videos, and trailers, and guess what? It's all FREE.

SkunkIt
07-10-2007, 02:01 AM
I cannot afford a Wii. I want a Wii. Someone should buy me a Wii and send it to me. I'll be waiting by the mailbox for my Wii.

Thomas
07-10-2007, 08:01 AM
Shit. I'm getting a PS3. That PSN free thing (that I previously did not know about) sounds awesome.

Little_Miss_1565
07-10-2007, 08:09 AM
PSN free thing (that I previously did not know about) sounds awesome.

When I read PSN, I first saw P33N. Lulz.

Carry on.

Lodat225
07-10-2007, 05:13 PM

PS3 = $500

That Live thing was stupid. Why 4 years? You added up 4 years just because it goes over the PS3 price tag.

But whatever. I bought the PS3 and I love it. I love the PSN. I don't know why people say it lags too much. It doesn't. At all. and it's free. yay free.

I cannot afford a Wii. I want a Wii. Someone should buy me a Wii and send it to me. I'll be waiting by the mailbox for my Wii.

hehehehehe. it's also the cheapest next-gen console.

Ninty Man
07-10-2007, 05:15 PM
"500 dollars isn't that expensive (comparatively speaking)" Though, I don't know if read that the first time, since I edited it.

No isn't. Everyone who's going to buy an Xbox360 is going to pay for Live. If not, then why did you buy it?

If you don't have a PS3, how do you know about the PSN? I know in fact that it's a great service, with no lag, demos, videos, and trailers, and guess what? It's all FREE.

Free... to play which games??? Resistance??? Motorstorm with only 8 tracks??

No, I already played enough the Ps 3, and don't deserves my money :P

nieh
07-10-2007, 05:15 PM
hehehehehe. it's also the cheapest next-gen console.

Not everyone can afford to just drop a few hundred dollars on a game.

Thomas
07-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Free... to play which games??? Resistance??? Motorstorm with only 8 tracks??

No, I already played enough the Ps 3, and don't deserves my money :P

Send it to me if you don't want it.

JohnnyNemesis
07-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Not everyone can afford to just drop a few hundred dollars on a game.

And even if you can, it's just fucking stupid to do so.

Lodat225
07-10-2007, 06:19 PM
You guys act like you have to sell your kidney to get 250.

nieh
07-10-2007, 06:24 PM
You act like you have rich parents.

SkunkIt
07-10-2007, 06:31 PM
You guys act like you have to sell your kidney to get 250.

No, but there are so many things i'd spend 250.00 on first. Besides, i'm broke.
Did I mention i'm broke? Besides, I can't sell my kidney, I just got rid of my galbladder.

Not being able to work for six weeks and having college come up means boredom and no paycheck. except the college part, cause i'm a music student.

Homer
07-10-2007, 08:26 PM
That Live thing was stupid. Why 4 years? You added up 4 years just because it goes over the PS3 price tag.

Also a console's life span is also about 5 years atleast. So, you're going to be using Live for than 4 years. Think.

Also, my brother and I both paid equal amounts for the PS3 and Wii.

Ninty Man
07-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Send it to me if you don't want it.

I don't have it, and I won't buy it... I tested it one week... and fuck, I hated it so much

Thomas
07-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Okay, so some more games for the PS3 I am extremely excited about are Medal of Honor: Airborne and Need For Speed Pro Street. Those look fucking amazing.

And does anyone know if the Godzilla Unleashed is coming out for PS3? I heard it's only for Wii and PSP, which is dumb, because PSP is still a Playstation. That game looks incredible (I've been a Godzilla fan since I was little) and I would be very angry if a PS3 can't play it.

Homer
07-11-2007, 12:06 AM
No Godzilla for PS3. Even if it did find it's way to PS3 it'd still be crap. Also, Medal Of Honor got delayed for PS3 until November... I think. But, you don't need that, just wait for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, which looks better than anything out there. Gears of War included.

Wolfbutter
07-11-2007, 04:16 AM
Sorry to be off topic, but I just beat Wind Waker for the first time yesterday. It was amazing. A one-on-one swordfight with Ganondorf himself, while the god were drowning out ancient hyrule, while water splashes on the arena. How do you get better than that? It was also sad when the king drowned himself.

Thomas
07-11-2007, 07:47 AM
No Godzilla for PS3. Even if it did find it's way to PS3 it'd still be crap. Also, Medal Of Honor got delayed for PS3 until November... I think. But, you don't need that, just wait for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, which looks better than anything out there. Gears of War included.

Well, there's no way I would be able to afford a PS3 before November anyway, so that doesn't really matter to me.

And that really sucks about Godzilla Unleashed. That looked really good.

0r4ng3
07-11-2007, 08:36 AM
I hate to go off topic, but isn't the Nintendo Wii really cool?

Ninty Man
07-11-2007, 02:08 PM
I hate to go off topic, but isn't the Nintendo Wii really cool?

Yes, fuck it is XD

JohnnyNemesis
07-11-2007, 02:17 PM
Yeah, enough with the PS360 faggotry.

Thomas
07-11-2007, 02:51 PM
*sigh*

I must be a faggot.

:(

Jack the Tripper
07-11-2007, 06:00 PM
I bet if I posted this thread, you'd call me an idiot.

JohnnyNemesis
07-11-2007, 06:01 PM
You're an idiot.

0r4ng3
07-11-2007, 06:02 PM
And he didn't even have to post the thread.

Jack the Tripper
07-11-2007, 06:05 PM
You're an idiot.

I seen that coming, but it was still funny.

Okay, now I'll shut up.

Lodat225
07-12-2007, 06:37 AM
I hate the fact that I was waiting to see Mario Galaxy trough the whole E3 '07 and when they finally give it it's a one minute interview with stuff i already know and no gameplay videos or anything.

Fuck E3.

Lodat225
07-12-2007, 07:19 AM
I was talking about Mario Galaxy...?

Sunny
07-12-2007, 07:41 AM
is anybody else excited about wii fit or am i just a big lame-o? =p

Thomas
07-12-2007, 09:21 AM
I saw gameplay from SMG from E3.

I was talking about Mario Galaxy...?

Super Mario Galaxy, you 'tard.

0r4ng3
07-12-2007, 09:25 AM
Haha, and I was thinking the same as Lodat until you pointed it out. I suck at acronyms today.

Thomas
07-12-2007, 09:27 AM
In a way, you've stepped down to Lodat's level.

That_Guy91
07-12-2007, 09:33 AM
I hope it's not genetic.

Thomas
07-12-2007, 09:33 AM
Hey, you are even worse.

Lodat225
07-12-2007, 10:20 AM
Super Mario Galaxy, you 'tard.

oh well. and i was taking about "Day One", not the Nintendo/Sony one. I didn't watch that one.

JohnnyNemesis
07-12-2007, 11:18 AM
is anybody else excited about wii fit or am i just a big lame-o? =p

Wii Fit is only the beginning for that device!

Oh, you know what I'm thinking, don't you? Yes, yes you do...

Mario Party 9: Super Mario Secks Party!!!

Sunny
07-12-2007, 11:29 AM
ahahah ahah i'd be so there.

...even though that game would make the world implode from TOO MUCH AWESOME. and we'd all dieeee.

ok i had WAY too much coffee today. YIKESES.

JohnnyNemesis
07-12-2007, 11:32 AM
that game would make the world implode from TOO MUCH AWESOME. and we'd all dieeee.

It would soooooooooooo be worth it!

First the Wiimote and games like Wii Sports and Wario Smooth Moves break down gamer's inhibitions. Then Wii Fit gets gamers in shape. Then Super Mario Secks Party gets gamers laid!

I think this is Nintendo's master plan to make the gaming community less pathetic and more able to function in society! Wii Job Search and Wii Carpentry are in the works!

0r4ng3
07-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Will there be cheat codes to Super Mario Secks Party?

nieh
07-12-2007, 01:13 PM
Iddqd .

JohnnyNemesis
07-12-2007, 01:53 PM
Will there be cheat codes to Super Mario Secks Party?

Vibrators and cockrings. With Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Daisy, Yoshi, DK, and Peach on 'em.

mrconeman
07-12-2007, 01:56 PM
Idkfa .

0r4ng3
07-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Vibrators and cockrings. With Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Daisy, Yoshi, DK, and Peach on 'em.
I should not have asked. I think I just died a little inside.

mrconeman
07-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Imagine how you'll feel inside after they've been used.

Sinister
07-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Iddqd .

Idkfa .

<33333333.

Stranger With Candy
07-19-2007, 01:58 PM

What about Bowser?

JohnnyNemesis
07-19-2007, 01:59 PM
A Bowser cockring for the BDSM crowd? Hmmm.

Wolfbutter
07-19-2007, 02:09 PM
I'd never thought I'd say this, but I think I may be losing faith in Nintendo. They keep rambling on and on about how they want to target non-gamers and new demographics, and are making games to appeal to them, as well as tuning down the difficulty levels of the rest. After hearing of low sales of Twilight Princess, Shigeru Miyamoto said "Fewer and fewer people want to play long role-playing games like Zelda anymore." This made me sad. And they're releasing more games targeted specifically for kids. I know they're coming out with Brawl and Galaxy, but it seems like those types of games are becoming rarer and rarer for Nintendo.

Rag Doll
08-01-2007, 10:49 PM
i bought one of these today because my boyfriend has one and i am determined to become very good at it and kick his ASS.

i have no idea what i am doing. but if you want my friend code, PM me. i am too lazy/interested in playing this to read this whole thread, sry.

KyleW
08-02-2007, 09:08 AM

And wheres toad? Everyone loves Toad!

igniton/pyro
08-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Wii sucks
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wrjQ7joYHi0
Fucking ps2 ripp-off!

JohnnyNemesis
08-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Holy SHIT, you're an idiot.

igniton/pyro
08-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Holy SHIT, you're an idiot.

What is your damage little boy?

nieh
08-02-2007, 04:32 PM
How is the Wii anything even remotely close to a PS2 rip-off? Seriously, that just doesn't make any sense.

Stranger With Candy
08-02-2007, 04:33 PM
The Wii dosnt even look like the PS2!

0r4ng3
08-02-2007, 04:33 PM
i/p, I bet you've never even played the Wii, and you're basing your opinion on that video. Also, it's nothing like the PS2.

Edit: Beaten to the point, and rightly so.

JohnnyNemesis
08-02-2007, 04:46 PM
What is your damage little boy?

Your incredible idiocy.

Lodat225
08-02-2007, 07:28 PM
Hahaha, what a funny video.

Wait... is that guy serious?

igniton/pyro
08-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Are you gus kids!? Caus the wii is just for kids! Fuck mario! He is a fucking kiddy fucker! I am smarter and obisly more grooven up than you guys so i have a ps3. Thats right. I got a ps3. The best damn system out there. And it got smart games for adults and nothing of that kiddy shit nintendo is fucking with!

0r4ng3
08-03-2007, 09:45 AM
I said the exact same thing one time. I was being sarcastic, making fun of PS3 fanboys. But hell, I didn't think people were actually like that. I thought I was exaggerating.

Edit: As long as I'm here, I may as well make another point. You don't like the Wii because it has kiddy games, but at least it has games. Have fun with your $600 Resistance: Fall of Man player.

Edit 2: On a different note, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is going to be fucking epic.

Professor Chaos
08-03-2007, 09:53 AM
I honestly can't say I disagree with that line in that song about playing it for a month and getting bored with it.

I haven't even touched mine in a month or two.

Skinny
08-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Are you gus kids!? Caus the wii is just for kids! Fuck mario! He is a fucking kiddy fucker! I am smarter and obisly more grooven up than you guys so i have a ps3. Thats right. I got a ps3. The best damn system out there. And it got smart games for adults and nothing of that kiddy shit nintendo is fucking with!

well didnt you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

i have one question though, if you claim to be smarter than everyone else, how come you're illitarate???

"Are you gus kids!? Caus" Hmmmm... are you speaking directly to a man named Gus?

"I am smarter and obisly more grooven up than you guys" You're 'obisly' more 'grooven up' then us?

Firstly, 'obisly' is way off from obviously, and you're more 'grooven' up then us?

You do mean grown, right?

You better go back to grade 3 again before you claim to be smarter then us, ignition/pyro

You call us kids, but you seem to have the IQ of a rock. So reconsider your thoughts before you do this again.

SkunkIt
08-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Video game store. Touch our wii wii's

KyleW
08-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Touch our wii wii's

Ha. Thts good :D

My personal favs -
"I can control my wii from up to 30 yards"
&
"My wii is wireless"

I love wii jokes :D

JohnnyNemesis
08-07-2007, 08:34 AM
Are you gus kids!? Caus the wii is just for kids! Fuck mario! He is a fucking kiddy fucker! ... And it got smart games for adults and nothing of that kiddy shit nintendo is fucking with!

http://i17.tinypic.com/4r2dbb8.gif

sKratch
08-07-2007, 08:47 AM
Mario Strikers Charged = sex.
Until you play 10 round robin games in the Crystal Cup, win 2 elimination games, and then lose to Diddy Kong on the third game in best of 3 on the most bullshit stage imaginable and have to do it all over to win the Cup. I'm a little bit upset.

JohnnyNemesis
08-07-2007, 08:49 AM
And I'm really fucking jealous that you have that game and I don't :(

Z-Speak
08-07-2007, 08:59 AM
I tried the Wii at my cousin's house, we were playing Wii Sports. I didn't really like it. Baseball was so easy, you pretty much just threw the Wiimote as hard as you could. Golf was hard, you can't really tell how far you have tp swing to hit it and it seemed a bit unresponsive. I tried Zelda, and that seemed to be a bit clunky to control too. I hope my opinion changes if I get one myself, though.

sKratch
08-07-2007, 09:55 AM
And I'm really fucking jealous that you have that game and I don't :(
My friend has it and we're video game butt buddies. But I'm gonna buy it when I go back to school methinks. I'm working up a boner for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption though.

I tried the Wii at my cousin's house, we were playing Wii Sports. I didn't really like it. Baseball was so easy, you pretty much just threw the Wiimote as hard as you could. Golf was hard, you can't really tell how far you have tp swing to hit it and it seemed a bit unresponsive. I tried Zelda, and that seemed to be a bit clunky to control too. I hope my opinion changes if I get one myself, though.

Anyone who bases their opinion of the Wii entirely on Wii Sports is an idiot.

Random off topic: A live RATM song just transitioned into a live Les Claypool's Frog Brigade song and it really through me off.

Z-Speak
08-07-2007, 11:40 AM
...I wasn't...

Lodat225
08-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Edit: As long as I'm here, I may as well make another point. You don't like the Wii because it has kiddy games, but at least it has games. Have fun with your $600 Resistance: Fall of Man player.

Wow. I hope you were joking.

Also, Mario Strikers Charged does rock.

Meg
08-07-2007, 02:36 PM
The problem for me is I ca se myself having a go at playing it (and failing miserably), But I can't imagine myself ever bothering to buy one.

Z-Speak
08-07-2007, 02:57 PM
^Yeah, same here, I want one but I don't really wanna spend my last $300 on it...Or maybe I do...

Meg
08-07-2007, 03:01 PM
It's not even a question of money. I just wouldn't bother buying it. even if it was dead cheap. It doesn't appeal to me. I'd play it if I was round a friend's or what have you, but I don't think i'd ever buy one for my own personal use

Z-Speak
08-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Some people have told me they get boring in about a month...But that's probably because most of the games are mini-game compilation or something, and those are short. I bet it will be more fun with the holiday lineup, and they might even decrease the price.

ZagmenO
08-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Methinks 'tis worth it to point out that the Wii's home menu got an enormous "makeover"(Ew...gay) either today or yesterday!

Get this:

Clock on the main menu
Notes in the mailbox that say how long you've been playing are now in white instead of the same color as the other messages
Weather channel shows the weather on the selection thing and news channel shows news on its selection thing as well.

Other than that, it still looks about the same, but it's pretty big for Nintendo standards. ;);)

Meg
08-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Loads of people have had injuries from them though, haven't they? from forcefully swinging into mid-air

ZagmenO
08-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Some people have told me they get boring in about a month...But that's probably because most of the games are mini-game compilation or something, and those are short. I bet it will be more fun with the holiday lineup, and they might even decrease the price.

It's true, kinda. The best game out right now is Zelda: TP. Other's are racing games, sports games, and mini-game compilations. The 1st runner-up adventure game would be Super Paper Mario.

The good thing about the Wii is the amount of stuff it has right now. I always go on that voting channel and the Wii shop to buy old games.

They're coming out with a "Check Mii Out" channel where you vote for people's Miis and people vote for yours. Also, a channel where you can buy cheaper type games straight from the Wii. Almost like the Wii shop, but this one will have brand new games.

Having said all that, I'm thinking of buying the Resident Evil 4 remake, that Pokemon battle game, and the other Mario games that are coming out.

Z-Speak
08-07-2007, 03:19 PM
If I got a Wii, the first games I would buy would be Resident Evil 4 (never played it, want to see how great it is) and probably Warioware.

But the problem, like you said, is that the system is good for "Nintendo's standards". It should be by the only standard, not their own that's being compared.

I know this sounds crazy, but I also think video games are starting to die down again. Companies are seeing they don't have to make much quality because people will buy it on the license. So, crappier games are coming out. There still are good ones, though, like Guitar Hero and stuff. To tell the truth, I'm getting less interestes in video games as time goes by.

nieh
08-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Resident Evil 4 remake

I didn't even know that existed. It sounds interesting but not interesting enough to buy another copy of the game for. Aren't they releasing a first person Resident Evil game in the not too distant future too?

Z-Speak
08-07-2007, 04:36 PM
I didn't even know that existed. It sounds interesting but not interesting enough to buy another copy of the game for. Aren't they releasing a first person Resident Evil game in the not too distant future too?

Yeah, and they're also coming out with Resident Evil 5.

The game takes place in Africa, where naturally, the zombies are African, with black skin color. This has gotten many people into a fuss, saying that it's racist to kill black zombies. This makes no sense to me. If black zombies aren't allowed in the game, isn't that racist in itself? Also, it's more of a tribute than an insult, I think. Also, white zombies have been used, and to tell the truth, I think black zombies look awesome.

Homer
08-07-2007, 08:55 PM
So much PS3 negativity in this thread. It's a shame, since I'm using that more than the Wii.

Also, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles is the "FPS" game you're talking about. It takes place through out the entire Resident Evil series. One problem though, it's not an FPS, it's on rails. Meh, I'll probably just rent it.

Z-Speak
08-08-2007, 06:02 AM
While it doesn't sound like a good idea on paper, an on-rails Resident Evil could be awesome. They could make it a lot scarier and shocking...I think they'll find a way to work it.