New update. 12 songs maybe or more.

Emily_offspring_fan
03-16-2007, 07:59 PM
WOW! :)
For those who don't want to go to the main page:

Maui, HI (Dexter)
03/16/07

Hey guys,
We‘ve been pretty busy working on the new record. I‘m back in Maui now with Bob Rock – he lives here. We‘re in the studio recording a couple more songs for the record. So far we‘ve got 10 songs done, Noodles was here but just went back home for a bit. I‘m laying down vocals now. I don‘t want to tell you guys too much because the record is still taking shape.

Late,

Dexter

Dexter, thank you a lot for telling us that.

They have 10 songs, that's great.

Gayman
03-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Great news....so, maybe we really will get a "full" album. 13 or 14 songs. Awesome.

DeAtHsTaR
03-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Hopefully there won't be any joke songs. And if there are some joke songs, they better be closer to "Beheaded" than "The Worst Hangover Ever."

Maleficent
03-16-2007, 08:11 PM
well recording in Maui...their job really must suck...

(for those thinking I'm sarcasting...it is)

great news though!

and I like the joke songs...

Offspringinsane
03-16-2007, 08:14 PM
AWWW! FINALLY MR. HOLLAND WROTE TO ALL US!! IT'S SO GREAT

TO KNOW HE'S WORKING ON THE UPCOMING ALBUM. I REALLY WISH FOR

THAT ALBUM TO KICKASS SO OTHER BANDS CAN SEE WHAT'S REAL MUSIC

NOT LIKE THOSE CRAPPY ALBUMS THAT MAKE NO SENSE. I <3 DEXTER!

CAN'T WAIT BUT I WILL BECAUSE I WANT IT TO BE A GREAT KICKASS

RECORD!

MasoN
03-16-2007, 08:18 PM
So i guess then The Guy was correct, september it is!!!

Assuming that they have no name for the album, the complete number of songs, etc. we can hope for no earlier than summer release, but the way they've been workin on it, september is more or less a reasonable time.

Venom Symbiote
03-16-2007, 09:12 PM
I don't want to bitch here, but again this update was pretty pointless.

Since when have they ever done a record with less than 10 or 11 songs? Never. We assumed that much.

So basically...he told us a few of the tracks are being recorded in Maui instead of SoCal. Significant stuff there, folks.

JohnnyNemesis
03-16-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm all about quality over quantity, but yeah, I really hope we get a solid 13 tracks at least on this one...maybe 14 or 15. There has to be a cool Intro; every single Intro they've ever had always sends chills up my spine partially because they're really good openers, partially because I still get really fucking excited when listening to the band.

Maleficent
03-16-2007, 09:20 PM
yeah their intros always rock...though my favourite one is disclaimer...followed very closely by ignition's "intro"

Little_Miss_1565
03-16-2007, 09:24 PM
So totally rad.

MasoN
03-16-2007, 09:35 PM
yeah their intros always rock...though my favourite one is disclaimer...followed very closely by ignition's "intro"

Never heared Ignition's Intro before, unless Session is considered to be as an intro!!! :rolleyes:

Venom Symbiote
03-16-2007, 09:42 PM
The start of "Session" is the intro, champ. Ron's polite greeting.

But yeah, I mean, I doubt by "a few more" or "a couple more" he means we'll be getting a 15 track album, I'd be guessing more in the ballpark of 12 or 13 here. 13 I could deal with, but I'll be kind of pissy about it if we get less, if only because of Splinter's shortness. 15 would be like mind-blowing, I just can't see it happening. Realistically 13's probably a good number to hope for.

But still, I wish he'd at least give us just a throwaway comment about stylistic choice this time. The closest we've come to that is we know it will be guitar-focused, which is cool, but...yeah. Not that he should be taken too seriously after saying "Splinter will have an Ignition sound", but you know. Something, anything, would be good, just to know where we stand here with this thing.

"We want to just make it sounds like The Offspring" just doesn't really mean anything. Since just about everything they've ever released sounds different through the eras.

MasoN
03-16-2007, 09:55 PM
The start of "Session" is the intro, champ. Ron's polite greeting.

Holly SHIT, i completely forgot about that, LOL, my bad...

Maleficent
03-16-2007, 10:02 PM
it's Ron? and I always thought it was Dexter...

Change the world
03-16-2007, 10:12 PM
it's Ron? and I always thought it was Dexter...

Same here. I've seen Session Live and im' pretty sure Dexter is yelling the fucks?

Venom Symbiote
03-16-2007, 10:26 PM
*sigh* Live, yes.

It's Ron on the recording, it's been covered many times before in discussion. Pretty sure he even said it himself in some interview a while back, years ago.

Change the world
03-16-2007, 10:41 PM
There we go.

RobinoZombie
03-17-2007, 01:25 AM
i agree with you, around 13 songs is realistic, cause they recorded 3-4 more songs for splinter, one of those where "ring of fire" by johnny cash, god id love too hear that one, or whould i?

offspringer24
03-17-2007, 02:06 AM
i go for a june/july release, colombia wont piss about when they have the album and dexter seems really stoked about it he isnt giving anything away ;) i think this is going to be bigger than americana and more rocking than ixnay :D

F@ BANKZ
03-17-2007, 02:51 AM

I'm guessig he only wrote it because he fans were losing patience. At least we sort of know where we stand now rather than not knowing whether the album will be out in a month or a year.

Ceejio21
03-17-2007, 04:15 AM
Hey people,

I've only just read the recent update, perhaps it's just me, but I didn't seem to get a positive vibe from it. I couldn't seem to draw any enthusiasm from Dexter in what he wrote. For me, what struck me as rather worrying was, "Noodles was here but just went back home for a bit". As soon as I read that, alarms bells signalled possibly a rift in the band; I hope that I am wrong.

I think I just need someone to provide a 'pick me up' and justify why everything is still extremely positive. To add insult to injury, there's a newly posted video of Angels and Airwaves on their website of the band rehearsing only a few days ago which clearly shows Atom fully involved back there.

'Voiceiferous shadows'

Ceejio

Jojan
03-17-2007, 04:40 AM
I'd like them to use or take away that "What's new" from the site.

Hypodermic_89
03-17-2007, 04:52 AM
Finally an update, and a good one too. Awesome to know that they've finished ten songs. :) I'm hoping for a 13-14 song album.

Grabbal
03-17-2007, 04:55 AM
Finally positive to it. Just wait for the album and listen to it.

defyuk
03-17-2007, 05:04 AM
Finally got an update, thanks dexter! yeah it wasn't an update full of facts but it shows the band must be reading this messageboard and they're still working on it. thats good enough for me! its better than nothing so stop complaining! i think we'll be getting around 12 songs. i can't wait! i just hope we get more regular updates like this!

Peedr
03-17-2007, 06:35 AM
Great, we finally got update! It's not so major, but better than nothing. 10 songs are great, but I think the new album will have 13 songs at least, becuase they've said they have 13 demos.

Venom Symbiote
03-17-2007, 06:41 AM
Hey people,

I've only just read the recent update, perhaps it's just me, but I didn't seem to get a positive vibe from it. I couldn't seem to draw any enthusiasm from Dexter in what he wrote. For me, what struck me as rather worrying was, "Noodles was here but just went back home for a bit". As soon as I read that, alarms bells signalled possibly a rift in the band; I hope that I am wrong.

I think I just need someone to provide a 'pick me up' and justify why everything is still extremely positive. To add insult to injury, there's a newly posted video of Angels and Airwaves on their website of the band rehearsing only a few days ago which clearly shows Atom fully involved back there.

'Voiceiferous shadows'

Ceejio

Don't be a retard. There's no rift in the band. Noodles most likely went home to California for a few days to check in with his wife and kids, let them know he's still alive.

I'll repeat for clarity: don't be a retard.

As much as I agree with you that the "update" was disappointing...you're a turd. This band are one of the few in this industry who actually get along. You're being a major vagina here.

Iamstupid
03-17-2007, 07:16 AM
Don't be a retard. There's no rift in the band. Noodles most likely went home to California for a few days to check in with his wife and kids, let them know he's still alive.

I'll repeat for clarity: don't be a retard.

I second that. I really don't think that there is a rift between the band. And if Ceejio21 hasn't said that Noodles went home because there is a rift between The Offspring, I could never think that.

Really happy to have a new from Dexter !!! Thank you guy if you pass here.
So it's certified, the Offspring are still alive and haven't been eaten by a fucking blue dinosaur at 4:59 on Monday

Mucho Macho
03-17-2007, 07:23 AM
- It makes sense, Noodles went back home, Dexter doing the vocals right now, vocals are the last step in finishing a song (drums, bass, guitars, vocals).
- 10 songs have been made so far, which means they've only made 2 songs since November (then they already got 8), so I won't be hoping for 14-15 (good) songs on the record at this pace. :(
- Also no news about who did the drumming parts so far... (was it Josh, was it Atom?). :confused:
- Do you guys think that the next album will be influenced by the success of Green Day's American Idiot and My Chemical Romance's Black Parade? :rolleyes:
- This was the first update from Dexter within 4 months. See you guys back somewhere in July... :(

Maleficent
03-17-2007, 07:48 AM
you guys! don't worry so much...

If I was recording in Maui, I'd probably rather spend my free time at the beach instead of speding my time writting on the internet...

Let's just appreciate the fact that he did give us some news
and if they have 10 songs by now they're probably almost done

Iamstupid
03-17-2007, 08:28 AM
- It makes sense, Noodles went back home, Dexter doing the vocals right now, vocals are the last step in finishing a song (drums, bass, guitars, vocals).
- 10 songs have been made so far, which means they've only made 2 songs since November (then they already got 8), so I won't be hoping for 14-15 (good) songs on the record at this pace. :(
- Also no news about who did the drumming parts so far... (was it Josh, was it Atom?). :confused:
- Do you guys think that the next album will be influenced by the success of Green Day's American Idiot and My Chemical Romance's Black Parade? :rolleyes:
- This was the first update from Dexter within 4 months. See you guys back somewhere in July... :(

1° okay maybe I dunno

2° We can always hope for 14-15 songs, Dexter said September for the album to come out.

3° Certainly Atom, he's the drummer so he'll probably do the dummings parts (imo of cousre, you aren't obliged to believe me)

4° You're pessimist

ZagmenO
03-17-2007, 09:09 AM
Someone made a thread a while back saying that Josh will do half & Atom will do half. I think 2 drummers on 1 album will be interesting. It should be part of a lotta variety.

Iamstupid
03-17-2007, 09:22 AM
Someone made a thread a while back saying that Josh will do half & Atom will do half. I think 2 drummers on 1 album will be interesting. It should be part of a lotta variety.

It's maybe a rumor. And why Josh will do half and Atom half too ? What is the interest ? Josh was here to help The Offspring when Ron gone away but now there is Atom so I can't understand why Josh need to do half. Maybe 'cause of Angel And Airwawes ? Are they doing something special at the present time ?

MasoN
03-17-2007, 09:38 AM
-

Hmmm, id doesnt necessarily mean that all of those 8 demos were actually recorded, thats why they are just demos. You know, maybe they didnt like some of them or completely reworked them. So i wouldnt be so sceptical about it. Also, 10 songs recorded, and dexter is goin for more i bielive. So Im pretty positive we might get 12-13 full tracks plus maybe an intro, and possibly a hidden Pass me by track. :rolleyes:
peace

Llamas
03-17-2007, 09:40 AM

Since when have they ever done a record with less than 10 or 11 songs? Never. We assumed that much.

So basically...he told us a few of the tracks are being recorded in Maui instead of SoCal. Significant stuff there, folks.

Splinter only had 10 songs (I doubt they would count neocon or WYIP as songs). He said they've done 10 songs and that they are working on a couple more. That means atleast 12. That's news.

I'm all about quality over quantity, but yeah, I really hope we get a solid 13 tracks at least on this one...maybe 14 or 15. There has to be a cool Intro; every single Intro they've ever had always sends chills up my spine partially because they're really good openers, partially because I still get really fucking excited when listening to the band.

I didn't like the intro on CO1 at all, and the one on Americana was meh. On Smash, Ixnay, and Splinter, I really really enjoyed them, though.

But yeah, I mean, I doubt by "a few more" or "a couple more" he means we'll be getting a 15 track album, I'd be guessing more in the ballpark of 12 or 13 here. 13 I could deal with, but I'll be kind of pissy about it if we get less, if only because of Splinter's shortness. 15 would be like mind-blowing, I just can't see it happening. Realistically 13's probably a good number to hope for.
If they have 10 in the bank and are working on a couple more, that means we'll have atleast 12. I'm guessing 12 or 13.

But still, I wish he'd at least give us just a throwaway comment about stylistic choice this time. The closest we've come to that is we know it will be guitar-focused, which is cool, but...yeah. Not that he should be taken too seriously after saying "Splinter will have an Ignition sound", but you know. Something, anything, would be good, just to know where we stand here with this thing.
Why? It'll just get your hopes up for nothing. With Splinter, it's not like Dexter would have said, "It's going to be really poppy, and song is going to be a really boring reggae song". So no matter what he would say about the new album, it'd be something really positive that wouldn't actually reflect the album.

"We want to just make it sounds like The Offspring" just doesn't really mean anything. Since just about everything they've ever released sounds different through the eras.
That's not supposed to be literal. He's not saying "We're trying really hard to make this album sound like the Offspring, because that's hard to do." It's hard to explain, but I'm sure you'd understand if he said it instead of wrote it.

-They never said these are the last songs they're doing for the album. Plus, he said noodles is going back FOR A BIT.
-Yeah, only 2 since november because it was hard to keep Atom around. He was extremely busy.
-I guess we'll find out.
-Fuck no. Why would it be?
-So?

It's maybe a rumor. And why Josh will do half and Atom half too ? What is the interest ? Josh was here to help The Offspring when Ron gone away but now there is Atom so I can't understand why Josh need to do half. Maybe 'cause of Angel And Airwawes ? Are they doing something special at the present time ?

Because Atom is extremely busy with AVA. It seems logical to me. Josh helps out because Atom needs to spend a lot of time with his other band.

Iamstupid
03-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Because Atom is extremely busy with AVA. It seems logical to me. Josh helps out because Atom needs to spend a lot of time with his other band.

Okay I wasn't sure. Thanks

And I noticed that I haven't answer that part of Macho Mucho's post :

"- Do you guys think that the next album will be influenced by the success of Green Day's American Idiot and My Chemical Romance's Black Parade?"

So no I don't think that The Offspring will be influenced by the success of Green Day and My Chemical Romance. YOur question is a bit weird (stupid ?), do you really think that The Offspring will be influenced by these bands/songs only 'cause they are successfull ?

MasoN
03-17-2007, 10:05 AM
So no I don't think that The Offspring will be influenced by the success of Green Day and My Chemical Romance. YOur question is a bit weird (stupid ?), do you really think that The Offspring will be influenced by these bands/songs only 'cause they are successfull ?

I think what he ment was whether the album will be as popular and successful as those two.

ZagmenO
03-17-2007, 10:06 AM
I know I've said this over & over, so I apologize if I sound like a broken record.

Two things:

Offspring should not make an album that sounds like another album they did.
Also, they shouldn't do an album that sounds like an album that another band/singer has released.

The reason: If people wanted to listen to an album that sounds like Smash, then they'd listen to Smash. If the Offspring made an album that sounded like an older one of their's, it would come across as if they ran out of ideas. And I know they ain't runnin' outta ideas anytime soon.

It'd be even worse if they copied off of another band's/singer's album because we want to hear songs that sound like Offspring, not Green Day or Chemical Romance. And if we did, then again, we'd listen to those albums.

So, I really hope The Offspring put as much originality and new stuff into this album as they possibly can. Because that's one MAJOR step to succeeding with this.

Maleficent
03-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Two things:

Offspring should not make an album that sounds like another album they did.
Also, they shouldn't do an album that sounds like an album that another band/singer has released.

I think Offspring should make an album that sounds like whatever the hell they want :D

good point though

darea
03-17-2007, 12:13 PM
I guess it's good to have an update and he says that they've done 10 songs so far... YAY lol I would really love at least 15 songs, even though quality is better than quantity...

F@ BANKZ
03-17-2007, 01:15 PM
I'd be very happy with an album of 14 tracks which is as long as ever: That would be 13 or 12 songs i guess with an intro and possibly a pointless bit somewhere too.

jacknife737
03-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Great to hear of an update! I think Dexter got the message that some people on the forums were getting a little annoyed at the lack of updates. I’m assuming that the albums going to have around 12 or 13 tracks plus an intro, hopefully we’ll get another update in a few weeks (assuming that there’s something to report), since there’s no real point of telling us every insignificant thing they’ve done. So I’m guessing the albums going to be out mid to late summer, or possibly September.

Peedr
03-17-2007, 01:21 PM
- 10 songs have been made so far, which means they've only made 2 songs since November (then they already got 8)
WTF? When did thay said they've done 8 songs??? They've just mentioned they demo'd 13 songs.

- Do you guys think that the next album will be influenced by the success of Green Day's American Idiot and My Chemical Romance's Black Parade? :rolleyes: No bloody fucking way! Why should they copy something like that. The Offspring has it's own original sound.

Short_Attention_Span
03-17-2007, 01:29 PM

I'm inclined to agree here. It didn't really tell us anything we couldn't have guessed, really.

God, I hope not. I liked those albums, but it wouldn't be the Offspring if the new one was totally like them. Besides, didn't they do the sort of concept album thing with Americana?

Eh... whatever. Can't wait 'til it comes out though.
________
CALIFORNIA DISPENSARY (http://california.dispensaries.org/)

NMHFBD
03-17-2007, 02:55 PM
well,it didn't get me excited. i prepare for another 3 months with no updates. but i still know that this album will be great like other albums as i remember that fantastic feeling you get when you listen to new songs for the first time.

RoxnRollBassist
03-17-2007, 10:10 PM
Im happy to hear from Dexter. It wasnt the most detailed, but w/e I'll take it. Im, like everyone else, really excited about the albulm. They seem to be putting a lot of work into it, so im sure its going to be great. Im stoked about what the new intro will be!

Venom Symbiote
03-17-2007, 11:56 PM
Um, again, why does it seem they're putting a lot of work into it compared to other albums? :confused:

Such a sweeping statement. I mean, we have nothing to even remotely indicate that. They're in a studio recording stuff. With a different producer. 10 tracks plus change. Some recorded in Hawaii.

Whoopdi-fuckin'-doo. I mean, I'm sure it will be great, but in what way does this album seem to be "up and above" their other recent stuff?

Yeah, that's right - it doesn't.

HeadAroundU
03-18-2007, 02:59 AM
WTF? When did thay said they've done 8 songs??? They've just mentioned they demo'd 13 songs.
You missed one journal.

We‘ve got eight tracks that we‘re working on right now. Most likely all of them will be on the record. We‘ll be writing more over the holidays and record those ideas early next year.

Um, again, why does it seem they're putting a lot of work into it compared to other albums?
Seems like they spent a lot of time with 8 tracks.

Another 2 could be from those 5 demos that have left (13 - 8 = 5) or from those early next year ideas.

Venom Symbiote
03-18-2007, 03:31 AM
...They were on break during some of that "recording time", so who knows?