PDA

View Full Version : Foodgasms Thread

Vera
03-17-2007, 08:29 AM
Ever eat something and just be like, "Holy shit, this tastes so good I could just die a little!"?

This thread is for those wonderful moments.

--

You know, as much as I am of the opinion that Finnish candy > any candy anywhere, lately I've developed a fondness for American candy bars. There are a few shops in Helsinki that sell them and hoooooly crap.

S'mores is like, fucking heaven in candy bar form omg omg omg.

God, I'm such a typical fat girl fangirling a friggin' candy bar but still. Mmmmmm.

F@ BANKZ
03-17-2007, 08:38 AM
Fre me...

Mash And Beans: I have it everyday now and my lifestyle has just gone right up.

Also Pancakes with golden syrup: They work on me every time, one of these things where if i have 1 i'm bound to have 10, god i hate those bitches they're so nice.

Jakebert
03-17-2007, 08:40 AM
Ohio and PA have a chicken wing chain called Quaker Steak, and the Arizona ranch wings are fucking incredible. I could have just gotten a cup of sauce and eaten it with a spoon.

There's also a local tex-mex resturant that has something that gave me that kind of reaction, but I can't remember what the hell it was.

Amiralanal
03-17-2007, 08:41 AM
I had one this morning when i ate 6 cheeseburgers from McDonalds.

Llamas
03-17-2007, 08:44 AM
S'mores is like, fucking heaven in candy bar form omg omg omg.

God, I'm such a typical fat girl fangirling a friggin' candy bar but still. Mmmmmm.

S'mores aren't candy bars.. wtf? What kind of s'mores are YOU talking about??

And I have that every time I eat pizza... or lasagna... mmm.

Jakebert
03-17-2007, 08:47 AM
S'mores aren't candy bars.. wtf? What kind of s'mores are YOU talking about??

They have s'more candy bars. They used to have them in the US too, but I haven't seen them in a while.

Sunny
03-17-2007, 08:51 AM
um. what do you mean there's no smores candy bar?

http://www.hersheys.com/products/details/smores.asp

myself... odwalla smoothies make me go "weeoeeooeo"... so does broccoli&cheese soup at this deli i go to. or vegetable udon, which is hot, spicy, noodly goodness.

and beard papa's vanilla or banana creampuffs. oooomgmzmzmgz.

mrconeman
03-17-2007, 08:53 AM
Pizza. I was eating pizza last night, from my favorite pizza place here.
It's fucking fantastic.

0r4ng3
03-17-2007, 08:53 AM
http://www.mitchclem.com/nothingnice/comics/20050617.gif

Mmm, meatgasm.

Anyway, I'm sure I've experienced what's being described in this thread before, but nothing specific comes to mind.

mrconeman
03-17-2007, 08:54 AM
...you have a comic strip relevant to absolutely everything, don't you?

Grabbal
03-17-2007, 08:55 AM
When I had big pancakes in England with sirup in the holes.

Never in my life have I tasted anything better.

0r4ng3
03-17-2007, 08:56 AM
...you have a comic strip relevant to absolutely everything, don't you?
Yes, yes I do. Hasn't this been discussed before?

Jakebert
03-17-2007, 08:56 AM
Dammit, I guess they just don't see them here anymore. I loved those things, too.

nieh
03-17-2007, 09:01 AM

Do you have a comic strip relevant to that?

Jakebert
03-17-2007, 09:05 AM
If he does, I will get down on my fucking knees for him.

Vera
03-17-2007, 09:06 AM

Phew. Would be embarrassing to be foodgasming something nonexistant. Like having sex to a sleeping person and only realizing half-way that the noises of pleasure were actually snoring.

killer_queen
03-17-2007, 09:08 AM
Ohio and PA have a chicken wing chain called Quaker Steak, and the Arizona ranch wings are fucking incredible. I could have just gotten a cup of sauce and eaten it with a spoon.
Quaker Steak? Oh god, my cousin used to tell me about the things she ate there every time we had chicken wings. They must be really good.

It must have been a long time since I had a foodgasm, I can't remember it. I don't really enjoy food when I feel depressed.

Paint_It_Black
03-17-2007, 09:12 AM

Yes, yes it has.

I'll go with medium rare ribeye steak. Meatgasm.

Llamas
03-17-2007, 09:18 AM

Oh, blah. Why would you want that? A s'more is no good without the marshmallow being roasted... and the chocolate melting from the heat all over... That just looks lame. :(

myself... odwalla smoothies make me go "weeoeeooeo"... so does broccoli&cheese soup at this deli i go to. or vegetable udon, which is hot, spicy, noodly goodness.

and beard papa's vanilla or banana creampuffs. oooomgmzmzmgz.

Ohhhhh broccoli & cheese soup from quiznos is orgasmic. And creampuffs from the Wisconsin state fair... omgomgomgomg. I haven't had one in years. :( :( :(

ZagmenO
03-17-2007, 09:21 AM
Prime Rib from the Outer Banks.

That's all I have to say.

Jakebert
03-17-2007, 09:23 AM
Quaker Steak? Oh god, my cousin used to tell me about the things she ate there every time we had chicken wings. They must be really good.

It must have been a long time since I had a foodgasm, I can't remember it. I don't really enjoy food when I feel depressed.

I could talk about Quaker Steak endlessly if allowed. They're seriously the best wings I've ever had, and the menu has more variety than any other wing place out there. Plus, they have wings so hot that you have to sign a release form to eat. They're really good, but I can't eat more than one.

Vera
03-17-2007, 09:41 AM
Hey, don't knock s'mores bars until you try 'em. Bonfire candy for the lazy. <3

Sunny
03-17-2007, 09:49 AM
Phew. Would be embarrassing to be foodgasming something nonexistant. Like having sex to a sleeping person and only realizing half-way that the noises of pleasure were actually snoring.

omg. <333

llama - ever tried smores at cosi's. they give you a little burner thingy and marshmallows to roast. it's sooo fun, and i dont even LIKE smores all that much.

Llamas
03-17-2007, 10:02 AM
omg. <333

llama - ever tried smores at cosi's. they give you a little burner thingy and marshmallows to roast. it's sooo fun, and i dont even LIKE smores all that much.

They have that at Chino Latino! With the huuuug platter and roasting sticks and stuff... omg so fun! I don't even like smores that much, either, but I like it then. :)

All About Eve
03-17-2007, 10:20 AM
Ohhhhh broccoli & cheese soup from quiznos is orgasmic. And creampuffs from the Wisconsin state fair... omgomgomgomg. I haven't had one in years. :( :( :(
Why would you ever go to Quizno's and not order either form of the Italian, the Beef Brisket thing, or the Prime Rib?

Nina
03-17-2007, 10:29 AM
Yesterday I didnt eat anything until 2pm. I swear I ate the best 2-pm-chocolate/vanilla-pudding I've ever had.

I wish I had a 5.30pm-pudding here now :[

But my brother and I just ordered Pizza. :D

Llamas
03-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Why would you ever go to Quizno's and not order either form of the Italian, the Beef Brisket thing, or the Prime Rib?

When I used to go to Quizno's I'd always get a sandwich and their broccheese soup. You gotta have something to dip in the soup! And no fucking rib. Ew. But Italian, hell to the yes.

Yesterday I didnt eat anything until 2pm. I swear I ate the best 2-pm-chocolate/vanilla-pudding I've ever had.

I wish I had a 5.30pm-pudding here now :[

But my brother and I just ordered Pizza. :D

oh man I can't eat sweet food when I'm absolutely starving. It either makes me feel sick, or it makes me hungrier! But mmmm to pizza!

JohnnyNemesis
03-17-2007, 12:41 PM
Those S'mores candy bars are h-core gross :(

Hershey's Symphony toffee almond chocolate bars are the best thing ever created ever.

Nina
03-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Announcement: Artichokes on Pizza are foodgasmic.

Revolver-2005?
03-17-2007, 01:49 PM
I don't know why but generic chocolate pop-tarts are so good...probably because they're cheap and because I ate them alot when I was little.

Llamas
03-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Announcement: Artichokes on Pizza are foodgasmic.

They are, but only when done right. I dunno how it is in Germany, but in Austria, they put HUGE pieces on the pizza. So you have this big pizza with like 5 really big pieces of artichoke. You have to cut them up yourself, and they're just so big that they make the pizza too salty. If they do a better job of dispersing them, then they're DAMN good on pizza.

Nina
03-17-2007, 01:57 PM
I never had a pizza like that. Haha that's stupid. Pizza toppings should always be cut in small pieces! Maybe it was just that one pizza parlor you went to which had such pizzas? Or did you see it everywhere?

I had two slices of pizza last night as well. And it had extra tomato sauce IN the dough. It was great.

Bazza
03-17-2007, 05:59 PM
Best pizza's have to have lots of salami/pepperoni, peppers, spicy beef, red onions and extra cheese on. Hmmmmmm I'm salivating at the thought....

Jakebert
03-17-2007, 08:42 PM
I must be the only person in the world who isn't big on pizza. Then again, I used to love it, but then got incredibly tired of it, so that may have something to do with it.

Lodat225
03-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Cadbury Creme Eggs. I can't live without them. I need at least one every day.

Wet your pants by looking at these babies:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c1/Cadbury_eggs.jpg/250px-Cadbury_eggs.jpg

Jakebert
03-17-2007, 09:24 PM
I thought that they only sold those at Easter?

Lodat225
03-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Bitch, plz. I buy those every morning from the local candy shop. (It's just outside of school so quick access)

Bazza
03-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Cadbury Creme Eggs. I can't live without them. I need at least one every day.

Wet your pants by looking at these babies:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c1/Cadbury_eggs.jpg/250px-Cadbury_eggs.jpg

I thought they were unheard of outside the UK!?

Little_Miss_1565
03-17-2007, 10:39 PM

That would be a lie.

Bazza
03-17-2007, 10:42 PM
That would be a lie.

Do you even have the "How do you eat yours?" campaign around Easter?

JohnnyNemesis
03-17-2007, 10:46 PM
Do you even have the "How do you eat yours?" campaign around Easter?

Yes, every year.

Lodat225
03-17-2007, 10:48 PM
Cardbury Creme Egg's are mine!

Bazza
03-17-2007, 10:51 PM
On the topic of Easter eggs, at the supermarket I work at we put Eggs on display on the 31st December, how fucking rediculous is that!!? Christmas was barely over and they had to start promoting the next commercial holiday.

XYlophonetreeZ
03-17-2007, 11:38 PM
I could go on and on and on in this thread. Here is a short list of my faves.

-Any Indian food (chicken tikka masala, paneer, pakoras, etc.) I want to go back to London because the Indian food is orgasmic. But there are a couple decent places here too if you know where to look.

-Japanese food. I like sushi, but I'm not a hardcore sushi fan as some people are. I'm thinking more along the lines of hibachi-style steak and vegetables with ginger sauce and spicy mustard. Also, a good bowl of seafood udon soup (shrimp, scallops, crab) is hard to beat.

-Pizza from this place called Cosmo's in Duck, North Carolina. I know it's odd, having been to New York and Chicago, that the best pizza I've ever had is in a small beach town in North Carolina where there seemingly aren't any Italians in sight, but it really is. If you ever find yourself around the Outer Banks, go check it out.

-Italian food at this place in Hurleyville, New York called Frankie and Johnny's. Oh God anything on that menu is fucking delicious. There is not a single day of the year when I am more of a glutton. And I usually go there once a year.

-Moving away from the obscure restaurants, Jersey Mike's club subs are fucking awesome. Mike's way, of course (meaning turkey, ham, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, Italian spices, oil and vinegar, bacon, and mayo). But then again I always like more condiments than most. No matter, the ingredients are always just so much fresher and better than crappy places like Subway and Quizno's.

-There are many things about southern culture that I dislike. Even the food. I think sweet tea is some of the grossest shit ever, I'm not a big pulled pork barbecue fan, and the greasiness and messiness of everything generally puts me off. Despite that, sometimes nothing beats a nice, fluffy, greasy, artery-clogging cajun chicken biscuit from Bojangle's.

-Anything with cilantro.
-Anything with Tabasco sauce.
-Wing platters with 50% extra spicy buffalo style and 50% teriyaki.

-And for dessert, Kilwin's ice cream. Simply the best ice cream (and fudge!) ever. Coldstone can suck it.

-Also, my mom makes a mean chocolate cream pie with graham cracker crust. Yum.

Paint_It_Black
03-17-2007, 11:43 PM

They're just not quite as well known in the US.

Anya82
03-18-2007, 02:04 AM
Ferrero Rocher. OMG... those delicious pieces of heaven.
I LOVE those chocolates. Everytime I eat one, it's a total chocolategasm

goonadie1day
03-18-2007, 02:45 AM
So my best friend and i have this tradition... our school food is NOT edible... and its pretty much you cant stand it... anyways im obsessed with Dexter *aaahhh* and anyways when he put out the Gringo Bandito hot sauce we started carrying bottles of it in our bags and dosed our food at school in it...

anyways the first time we tried it... i was like ":eek:OMD (i dont say god i say Dexter):p im having an orgasm in my mouth" and fell off my chair:cool: ... its good ... its makes everything edible:D .... ahahhahahha!

other than that... i had a food-gasm the first time i had lobster... cause yea... i am poor like that XD

XYlophonetreeZ
03-18-2007, 02:48 AM
":eek:OMD (i dont say god i say Dexter):p im having an orgasm in my mouth"
Oh my sweet fucking JESUS, you better believe I'm sigging this.

JohnnyNemesis
03-18-2007, 02:49 AM
(i dont say god i say Dexter)

The exit is that way. Over there. Where the little "x" on your browser is.

EDIT:

Goddammit, FUCK you, I was just about to do that!

XYlophonetreeZ
03-18-2007, 02:52 AM
other than that... i had a food-gasm the first time i had lobster... cause yea... i am poor like that XD
Auburn, Nebraska... is that near Paptown by any chance?

What is it with you ghetto Nebraskans?

Lawlz. I actually don't know how long I'll be able to look at it down there. I mean, it's funny, but OUCH, the cringe-factor!

goonadie1day
03-18-2007, 03:17 AM
Ok forgive the 'n00bness' of this question but whats with the whole signature thing???

Is there something wrong with me liking Dexter?

The exit is that way. Over there. Where the little "x" on your browser is.

EDIT:

Now why on earth would you want me to leave? :P

Auburn, Nebraska... is that near Paptown by any chance?
Paptown??? idono it?
What is it with you ghetto Nebraskans?

Lawlz. I actually don't know how long I'll be able to look at it down there. I mean, it's funny, but OUCH, the cringe-factor!

Cringe factor??

Ghetto Nebraskans...

Thanks but NO FUCKING THANKS. I am not here by choice... in fact... i would rather live in ethiopia. o.o I was born in Cali so... my mother whom loves to drag my fatass all over this country... well its her fault....

So yes... must explain this signature thing to me...

Lodat225
03-18-2007, 08:08 AM
Your sig -- soooo long.

sKratch
03-18-2007, 11:35 AM
One time when I was extremely hung over at an ultimate frisbee tournament, games on Sunday morning were canceled due to weather (best thing that ever happened to me). We went to a diner and I got steak and eggs. Holy fuck was I in heaven.

MrJoe
03-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Ben & Jerrys Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream.
Haribo.

Although I guess thats more junk than food.

sKratch
03-18-2007, 11:43 AM
An afterthought: What the FUCK just happened on the previous page? Holy shit.

Whiplash
03-18-2007, 11:44 AM
You mean OMD what just happend?? ;)

goonadie1day
03-18-2007, 06:22 PM
You mean OMD what just happend?? ;)

Damn skippy! :p Its amazing how fast people catch on! ^.^

JohnnyNemesis
03-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Please leave, for your own sake.

Jakebert
03-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Ben & Jerrys Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream.
Haribo.

Although I guess thats more junk than food.

This post reminded me: I must try Stephen Colbert's Ameri-cone Dream.

goonadie1day
03-19-2007, 06:04 PM
Please leave, for your own sake.

Yea... never... i dont stop doing things because it displeases others. Or else... i would pretty much have to kill myself. So yea... no. NOT HAPPENING!

JohnnyNemesis
03-19-2007, 06:13 PM
But ya see, the "for your own sake" part was meant to imply...

...meh, forget it.

ZagmenO
03-19-2007, 06:16 PM
OMD!!! Now the thread gets interesting.

calichix
03-20-2007, 01:21 PM
this is a sensitive subject. burritos. I can't even go there. there are no words.

MrJoe
03-20-2007, 02:07 PM
Ferrero Rocher. OMG... those delicious pieces of heaven.
I LOVE those chocolates. Everytime I eat one, it's a total chocolategasm

I never got the appeal of those, I just don't like them. :(