PDA

View Full Version : Little Miss 1565.

Jakebert
03-17-2007, 09:45 PM
I seem to remember you mentioning in another thread that you like the Mountain Goats. I'm trying to get into their older, low-fi stuff, but have no clue where to start since there's so much of it. Most places tell me to start off with "Zopilote Machine", but I figured I'd check with you first when I saw you were online.

DeAtHsTaR
03-17-2007, 09:59 PM
I like "their" song The Best Ever Death Metal Band in Denton. Hail Satan! I say "their" because it's actually just one guy.

Little_Miss_1565
03-17-2007, 09:59 PM
YES! I love the Mountain Goats! Good to see others getting into him as well. "Sweden" is a great record, it has one of my favorite songs of his ever--'Send Me an Angel.'

"All Hail West Texas" is a perennial classic if just for the first track. Hail Satan.

Jakebert
03-18-2007, 07:09 AM
Yeah, I've been into their newer stuff for a while now, but as far as the older stuff goes, I only have about 5 or 6 songs. I'll defintely check out Sweden now, though. Thanks.

Little_Miss_1565
03-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Sweet. and if you ever get the chance to see him live, do it. One of my favorite shows I"ve ever been to was Mountain Goats/John Vanderslice, and it was just before the last election so they sold Darnielle/Vanderslice 2004 shirts. The slogan: "A less totally fucked America." gigglez.