PDA

View Full Version : Should offspring release a ska album?

fergiepunk
03-18-2007, 08:53 AM
We have heard them do a few ska songs in their time, anyone think they should do a ska album?

Grabbal
03-18-2007, 08:56 AM
Nonono!!!!

Wouli
03-18-2007, 08:58 AM
Ska album ..... are you crazy ?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I hope they'll never do that !!!! :eek:

Amiralanal
03-18-2007, 09:22 AM
We have heard them do a few ska songs in their time, anyone think they should do a ska album?

That would be real cool. If they would wear makeup and kiss eachother too would be great!

Iamstupid
03-18-2007, 09:28 AM
no

F@ BANKZ
03-18-2007, 10:41 AM
Sounds like a impracticle and terribly lame idea.

JohnnyNemesis
03-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Fucking no. Dexter's voice is suited for nothing but the kind of music they already make.

Dexter_italy
03-18-2007, 10:48 AM
if they make other songs like don't pick it up or what happened to you it's good, but an entire ska album please not....
________
PERMANENT LIFE INSURANCE DICUSSION (http://www.insurance-forums.org/permanent-life-insurance/)

HeadAroundU
03-18-2007, 11:06 AM
Fuck no....

0r4ng3
03-18-2007, 11:19 AM
I don't think The Offspring would be able to pick it up more than once on an album.

mrconeman
03-18-2007, 11:19 AM
Short answer: No.
Long answer: Dear lord please, no!

Little_Miss_1565
03-18-2007, 12:47 PM
I don't think The Offspring would be able to pick it up more than once on an album.

But couldn't they "hep" more than once? ;)

SaiKYoU
03-18-2007, 03:00 PM
oh fuck! no!

rlplaymaker
03-18-2007, 03:48 PM

*gives 'thumbs down" signal* BOOOOOO!!!!!!! NO, you suck for even bringing that up. What a horrible idea. Hey, why not a Country Western album, or perhaps Opera. FUCK IT, they should go hollywood and stop making music!

Apathy
03-18-2007, 04:00 PM
I love ska. The Offspring would butcher it. They aren't good enough songwriters outside of pop-punk.

ZagmenO
03-18-2007, 04:03 PM
No Ska album. Alternative is their thing. Let's stick with that.

Ninty Man
03-18-2007, 06:46 PM
I love ska. The Offspring would butcher it. They aren't good enough songwriters outside of pop-punk.

Ska...it's so fucking deep :rolleyes:

Anyway... NO

0r4ng3
03-18-2007, 06:47 PM
But couldn't they "hep" more than once? ;)
Um, what?

Curse me and my lack of ska terminology!

Bazza
03-18-2007, 06:49 PM
Am I the only person who would enjoy something like this...? :(

I love What Happened To You, and it would be great to here some more stuff like that. You don't always need horns to do ska...

ZagmenO
03-18-2007, 06:53 PM
A few ska songs on their earlier albums were good. But an entire album dedicated to ska would just be zzzzzzzzzzz.........

Bazza
03-18-2007, 06:56 PM
A few ska songs on their earlier albums were good. But an entire album dedicated to ska would just be zzzzzzzzzzz.........

Ska = Upbeat happy music

Repetitve generic pop-punk = zzzzzzzzz

If this next album is nothing new/special then I would quite happily want a ska album, and who says it has to be "dedicated" to ska. Many ska bands aren't what most people view as ska, eg [spunge]

Little_Miss_1565
03-18-2007, 08:56 PM
Um, what?

Curse me and my lack of ska terminology!

LOL. "Hep"s always come in threes! HEP HEP HEP

Kind of like PICKITUPPICKITUPPICKITUP.

goonadie1day
03-18-2007, 09:43 PM

NO... whats wrong with what they are making?!

Manic Subsidal Boy
03-19-2007, 12:50 AM
No
10 Fucks

Venom Symbiote
03-19-2007, 03:23 AM
Ok, point 1) "Upbeat and happy", bullshit. I know Reel Big Fish aren't a good example of "ska", but fuck it, I'm using them. "Upbeat and happy" right up your rectum, douche-hole. They're the most sarcastic and bitter fuckers I've ever listened to. They make most metal groups seem like Care Bears.

As for Apathy, I'd say they're better songwriters, too good for ska. As much as I love it. It's not that they're not talented outside of their 'Offspring' sound, they've proven that with "Pay The Man" and "Amazed" and "Gone Away" and countless other shit. It's more that ska follows a pretty rigid formula usually, and The Offspring couldn't really add much to it. Of course they can write ska music. Most any band can. But raising the level, innovating it? It's pretty rare. And if they can't do that, why bother making generic ska?

I mean, I love the genre, it's just a shitty, shitty idea from a shitty person who eat shit. Etc. Shit shit shit cocky shit fuck shit. And such.

Bazza
03-19-2007, 03:45 AM
Happy and upbeat is inreference to the music, not the lyrics. Anyways I could list many songs that have a happy/upbeat mood.

oh and I think you missed a word in the last sentence -> shit.

Manic Subsidal Boy
03-19-2007, 04:34 AM
You think pop punk is generic, ska is the most generic genre ever in music. Plus it's absolutly boring and unatractive as you are.

Happy and upbeat is inreference to the music, not the lyrics. Anyways I could list many songs that have a happy/upbeat mood.

Bazza
03-19-2007, 06:57 AM
Ska = Upbeat happy music

Repetitve generic pop-punk = zzzzzzzzz

Ahem, I said generic pop-punk is zzzzzzzz, not that all pop-punk is generic, please read carefully and take word order into account.

DeAtHsTaR
03-19-2007, 08:04 AM
You think pop punk is generic, ska is the most generic genre ever in music. Plus it's absolutly boring and unatractive as you are.

You're an idiot. Listen to Streetlight Manifesto.

Little_Miss_1565
03-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Stop splitting hairs. This thread is not about whether or not ska sucks.

fergiepunk
03-19-2007, 10:48 AM
I think I created a monster with this thread.

Jojan
03-19-2007, 11:19 AM
They do great ska songs, so why not? They should do them faster though. And I'd love to hear some Bad Manners, Madness or/and Desmond Dekker covers.
The problem would be that no one in The Offspring plays brass.

Offspring-Junkie
03-19-2007, 12:16 PM
As long they keep making songs like the noose, get it right, take it like a man, come out swinging, nitro, TKAA, never gonna find me and Pretty fly I don't care if they make Ska-Punk beside of it.

F@ BANKZ
03-19-2007, 02:31 PM
1, maybe 2 new ska songs might not be totally disasterous but they'd have to be very very good to be appreciated.

Maleficent
03-19-2007, 03:30 PM
meh why not...could be interesting

malibu43
03-19-2007, 04:40 PM
Yes, the Offspring should do a ska album.

And Pennywise should do a country album.

Bad Religion should do a funk album.

Justin Timberlake should do a punk album.

I also heard that Social D is going to put out a rap album.

Why the fuck do people always say "don't you think the Offspring should ______." If they want to do a ska album then go for it. If they want to write more metal songs, then they should go for it. But I don't understand why people say these things. It doesn't even make sense to me.

Venom Symbiote
03-19-2007, 04:48 PM

BEST. IDEA. EVER. :eek:

I also heard that Social D is going to put out a rap album.

Heh. Well, one of the Ramones did. *shrug* :p

JohnnyNemesis
03-19-2007, 05:49 PM
I know Reel Big Fish aren't a good example of "ska", but fuck it, I'm using them.

"Hey guys, I know that these two things are different from one another and that one is a horribly inaccurate representation of the other in many ways, but I'm going to use one as an example to further my points because otherwise, they'd make no sense!"

TheOldMark
03-19-2007, 06:07 PM

theyre ska songs are usually sarcastic. theyre not a ska band. they like to experiment.

Llamas
03-19-2007, 06:31 PM
"Hey guys, I know that these two things are different from one another and that one is a horribly inaccurate representation of the other in many ways, but I'm going to use one as an example to further my points because otherwise, they'd make no sense!"

I was thinking, "I know Ricky isn't a good example of a black man, but fuck it, I'm using him"

(and by using him... youknowwhatimean)

And I think the offspring should do a swing jazz album. Or maybe techno. wtf? The Offspring should make an Offspring album and not try to completely change their style.

Venom Symbiote
03-19-2007, 07:10 PM

:D Dude, mod or otherwise, I'm so going to kick you in the nuts someday.

Stop mocking meeeeee! :p

Killboy
03-19-2007, 11:05 PM

NO!!.........................

EMehl6
03-20-2007, 01:49 PM
Well, someone else has probably said this, but I don't feel like checking to see if they did.

They should release whatever the fuck they want. We really need to stop with all this "what if..." and "should the Offspring..." shit.

Killboy
03-20-2007, 10:29 PM
They should release whatever the fuck they want.

Well, not precisely. If fans don't like their new stuff, I don't think they could feel good as artists. They gotta keep playing their unique sound for which they became famous as they've been doing so far.

We really need to stop with all this "what if..." and "should the Offspring..." shit.

You're right.

SkunkIt
03-20-2007, 10:32 PM
When the FUCK have The Offspring done a Ska song?

Also, I hate you for having this horrible idea. The day I hear The Offpring cover a Skatillites song, I will cut my ears off.

zacsta
03-21-2007, 03:08 AM
no. never.

Hypodermic_89
03-21-2007, 11:08 AM
Fuck No. :mad:

EMehl6
03-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Well, not precisely. If fans don't like their new stuff, I don't think they could feel good as artists. They gotta keep playing their unique sound for which they became famous as they've been doing so far.

Well, I don't see them straying from the unique sound they have, but I really feel they should do whatever they want. If it makes them happy, then why not? That's why they're in the business.

German Andres
03-22-2007, 07:04 AM
Hell ,why would they do that? They play punk, not ska! Exept of a pair of songs

Killboy
03-22-2007, 03:38 PM
Well, I don't see them straying from the unique sound they have, but I really feel they should do whatever they want. If it makes them happy, then why not? That's why they're in the business.

Well, yeah and no.
Let me explain myself:

It's true that they're in the business becuz they're happy with what they play and it's been what they've liked. But they also have their money becuz of the music, therefore, they gotta play something that fans like and buy their album. I don't see that happening if they make a ska album, as I say, they didn't feel good as artists if their record fails, becuz, they play for the fans, that's why they are where they are.

Awesomo
03-22-2007, 10:41 PM
A ska album, no. They don't have a brass section, and it'd be pretty retarded to add new members to the band for one album. But I do love the random ska songs that are on almost all of the other albums eg. Don't Pick It Up. I hope they make a few ska songs on the new album, as they can play some pretty fuckin good ska. I thought Dexter said somewhere, or maybe I am just imagining it, but that he doesn't like ska.

On a side note, this whole thing kinda reminds me of NOFX, as they are pretty much punk but do play alot of ska (really good at that).

Short_Attention_Span
03-22-2007, 10:47 PM
And I think the offspring should do a swing jazz album.

Now this is the best idea ever! :eek:

And this is the second...

Personally, I don't see the point in debating this: they're the ones writing the songs. Not us. If they happen to be ska songs, so be it. But either way, it'll probably sound like the Offspring in some way, shape and form.
________
ZX14 VS HAYABUSA (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_bike_is_quicker_kawasaki_zx_-14_or_suzuki_hayabusa)

SkunkIt
03-23-2007, 12:42 AM
Don't Pick It Up.

That song's not even remotely Ska, The Offspring have NEVER done a ska song and I hope they never do.