PDA

View Full Version : Ted Leo

Revolver-2005?
03-18-2007, 12:35 PM
Ted Leo and the Pharmacists have to be quite possibly the greatest band I've heard in a very long time.

Here's some good songs:

Me And Mia (http://www.savefile.com/files/562702)

Timorous Me (http://www.savefile.com/files/562707)

The High Party (http://www.savefile.com/files/562717)

Grabbal
03-18-2007, 12:40 PM
wow, actually great!

Revolver-2005?
03-18-2007, 02:25 PM
I enjoy them alot, they're different.

Betty
03-18-2007, 11:41 PM
Ted Leo and the Pharmacists have to be quite possibly the greatest band I've heard in a very long time.

That's how I felt when I first picked up Hearts of Oak a couple of years ago and listened to it ALL NIGHT LONG. I was pretty obsessed for some time and kept praising the band to everyone, although not many actually got into them...

But yes, every Ted Leo CD made me extremely EXCITED about music, and that doesn't happen everyday. It's awesome.

Rag Doll
03-18-2007, 11:52 PM
love Ted Leo. and he's from North Jersey, which makes him impossibly awesome.

does anyone know when the new cd comes out? i heard soon?

Revolver-2005?
03-19-2007, 04:13 AM
love Ted Leo. and he's from North Jersey, which makes him impossibly awesome.

does anyone know when the new cd comes out? i heard soon?

When I was browsing their cds, I saw it said the new cd comes out March 20th which is tomorrow.

Jakebert
03-19-2007, 04:28 AM
"Shake the Sheets" is on my "CD's I Must Fucking Buy Soon" list.

Jebus
03-19-2007, 04:33 PM
This is some good stuff. Finally a new band I could get into. I've gotten a bit tired of metal to so this is quite refreshing.

RickyCrack
03-19-2007, 08:03 PM
Camp Anawana, we hold your in our hearts.

JohnnyNemesis
03-19-2007, 08:04 PM
Listening to Ted Leo?

Stop being white, you fucking white people!

Betty
03-19-2007, 09:02 PM
Seriously? New album?!!!!!

And man, this so seems to be getting a better response than I ever got.

p.s. You suck Rick.

Rag Doll
03-19-2007, 09:05 PM
i'm totally going to my local cd store tomorrow to try to pick it up.

RickyCrack
03-19-2007, 11:47 PM
Camp Anawana, we hold your in our hearts.

And when I think about you, it makes me wanna fart!
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/ironjev/budnick.gif

Revolver-2005?
03-20-2007, 08:35 AM
i'm totally going to my local cd store tomorrow to try to pick it up.

I'd love to pick it up...but I'm broke :(

I did hear some of the new songs on their myspace and they were enjoyable.

Rag Doll
03-20-2007, 10:47 AM
I just got the cd. I listened to the first half of it in my car while doing some errands. As of now, and only going by the first half, it's a good cd but I like *Shake the Sheets* better. Definitely need to listen to the rest of it & listen to it a few more times though to really decide.

Also, mine came with a Ted Leo EP that I didn't see listed with the cd on the sites I checked.

Revolver-2005?
03-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Apparently initial pressings of the cd come with the 5 song ep bonus.

I FUCKING WANT ONE.

nieh
03-20-2007, 04:18 PM
I've gotten a bit tired of metal

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Sorry, there's just no words that can express how shocked I am by that.

I had no idea Ted Leo had new stuff coming out today. I probably could've gotten it at Tunes like 2 weeks ago.

Jebus
03-20-2007, 08:47 PM
It's not that I dislike metal now. It's that I've gotten a bit tired of my entire music library general which just happens to consist of mostly metal. I you were to check my audioscrobbler, I almost have no new plays other than the few mp3s I've downloaded from here. Instead of seeking out metal bands I've haven't heard, I want to check out other genres. So far, only this band and Streetlight Manifesto are the only thing that have caught my attention.

Revolver-2005?
03-21-2007, 04:25 AM
It's not that I dislike metal now. It's that I've gotten a bit tired of my entire music library general which just happens to consist of mostly metal. I you were to check my audioscrobbler, I almost have no new plays other than the few mp3s I've downloaded from here. Instead of seeking out metal bands I've haven't heard, I want to check out other genres. So far, only this band and Streetlight Manifesto are the only thing that have caught my attention.

That's how I'm starting to feel. My whole music library consists mainly of punk, ska, and some classic rock. It's nice to have something new and different in there.

nieh
06-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Bump.

What's everyone think of the new album now that you've had time to listen to it? I figured it would grow on me after a few listens but it didn't at all. I ended up selling it back to the store. Tyranny of Distance grew on me after not listening to it at all for a couple months and putting it on a couple times later on. Hearts of Oak is probably my favorite even though Ballad of the Sin Eater is one of his worst songs. The lyrics suck, the music sucks, and the bassline is stolen from a Green Day song which, as much as I love some Green Day, is kind of like stealing a joke from Carlos Mencia. And of course there's Shake the Sheets which is also awesome but I haven't listened to it in a while.

wheelchairman
06-12-2007, 05:45 PM
I've only ever heard songs from Ashtray Rock, but I loved what I heard.

nieh
06-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Ashtray Rock? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashtray_Rock)

Jebus
06-12-2007, 07:36 PM
After going through a few of his albums, am I sad to report that I only liked those three songs posted in this thread. What a bummer.

Revolver-2005?
06-12-2007, 08:01 PM
I like the new album, it grew on me.

nieh
06-12-2007, 08:05 PM
After going through a few of his albums, am I sad to report that I only liked those three songs posted in this thread. What a bummer.

That's kind of surprising. It's not like those songs are particularly out of the ordinary for him. Which albums did you check out?

Jakebert
06-12-2007, 09:09 PM
I've recentely been really getting into Ted Leo, and the Pharmacists are quickly becoming one of my favorite bands. As for the new album, I like it, but I agree that it's not as good as his older stuff. There's nothing on it that I'd call bad, but there's a lot of stuff that just feels like he could be doing so much better.

wheelchairman
06-13-2007, 05:55 AM
Ashtray Rock? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashtray_Rock)

My bad, I got the two confused. I've only heard 3 Ted Leo songs that I downloaded for free on a website. They're okay.

coke_a_holic
11-23-2007, 01:51 PM
Bump!

Ted Leo is coming here in 2 weeks and I'm pretty excited for it. I've been really enjoying his music for the past few weeks, but I've got to say that the new album hasn't really undergone many plays at all. I don't like it very much.

Revolver-2005?
11-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Bump!

Ted Leo is coming here in 2 weeks and I'm pretty excited for it. I've been really enjoying his music for the past few weeks, but I've got to say that the new album hasn't really undergone many plays at all. I don't like it very much.

You're lucky I was going to see him in New York but it didn't happen.

wheelchairman
11-24-2007, 06:00 AM
I've listened to the songs I've downloaded from them more recently. I really like the songs Me and Mia and Where Have all the Rude Boys Gone. Fun.

Betty
11-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Those songs are both amazing. First time I heard Mia and Mia I listened to it on repeat for like an hour.

I saw Ted Leo in Toronto like... 2 years ago... or maybe more. I'd have to say I was a little disappointed... if only because I expected so much. I found the guitar very loud and the vocals too quiet. It was a lot more punkified than the albums, which wouldn't necessarily be bad... but I found it noisy. Sigh... I'd imagine a different show with different sound quality could be more impressive.

I'm not feeling the new album either. I gave it maybe like 8 listens and haven't listened to it since. Didn't fall in love with any songs. And I enjoy his previous three albums quite a bit. And I was obsessed with Hearts of Oak when I first got it. OBSESSED.

I do find that Ted Leo got kinda old over time, which is unfortunate. I still enjoy him, but when I first heard his stuff, I LOVED it. This is in comparison to bands that just get better and better and better with repeat listens.