PDA

View Full Version : For those who have seen an Offy gig

Camilamazed
12-29-2004, 09:54 AM
Hey Guys.... It's been two months since I saw Offy....Mtv today showed a song from the gig just to remember the best shows of the year here in brazil.. I can't explain what I felt today.It's hard for me to watch some videos from gigs because it makes me feel so good and happy(I know this is crazy but that's the way I feel, believe)....
The questions is.....What do u feel when u see a video from the shows ?????? Does it cause any weird effects on u? I think I'm going crazy........ I really wanted to cry when I saw them on mtv......

Noodles is gay
12-29-2004, 10:01 AM
Sounds like you may be a wee bit obsessed with the band.

Camilamazed
12-29-2004, 10:07 AM
Do u believe so????? That's why i avoid myself of watching their live performances..... I don't have any other dvds of gigs but some songs from the gigs in São Paulo.....

Noodles is gay
12-29-2004, 10:08 AM
I do believe so.

Camilamazed
12-29-2004, 10:09 AM
I I said I didn't want things to be liek that would u believe? :D

Noodles is gay
12-29-2004, 10:12 AM
I I said I didn't want things to be liek that would u believe? :D

Huh? English please.

Camilamazed
12-29-2004, 10:13 AM
Huh? English please.
Again hehe

If I said I don't want things to be like that would u believe me????????

Noodles is gay
12-29-2004, 10:17 AM
What that you didn't want to be obsessed with the offspring?

Nothing wrong with it i guess, just don't start stalking them or kissing your posters goodnight or anything. :D

Camilamazed
12-29-2004, 10:21 AM
That's the point. I'm not a stalker or something.I don't have millions of pics in my computer, i do not have bunchs of live material, I do not have magazines with them on.I just cannot explain what these feelings are.I don't understand myself..It just hurts a lot when I see them on tv or something. WOULD YOU BELIEVE THAT I WOULD NEVER MEET THEM IN PERSON BECAUSE 'IM AFRAID?????? I can't stand the idea of shaking hands with tha guys........

Noodles is gay
12-29-2004, 10:27 AM
Well maybe you are just obsessed in a different way?

Like you don't feel the need to find material about them but when it is forced upon you you have no other choice but to see it? I'm tired so that probably doesn't make much sense.

Dunno what i'd do if i met them, just stand there or summat i guess. Or make a total retard of myself?

Camilamazed
12-29-2004, 10:31 AM
U see.... this is really nuts...I mean am.....I am just happy for knowing I have them in my life in a way or another.I sometimes wonder what I'll do when they stop writting or playing....I'll feel like part of me is gone :(

Noodles is gay
12-29-2004, 10:37 AM
Yup, i kinda see what you mean. When i used to stare at a picture of dexter i would get, kinda like, Butterflies in my stomach so i guess i know where you're coming from. And just the thought of seeing them live was enough to do the same.

I have since realized though that they are, of course, only human, and are really nothing more than you or I. Maybe if you realized this, it would make you stop feeling so much when you see them. Or you could listen to some other bands?

Maybe you like feeling this way, i don't know, but once you do realize they, like us and other celebrities, are only human it takes away some of the 'magic'. Similarly to when you realize that xmas day is just another ordinary day really - the 'magic's' gone.

If you like the weird obsession, refuse to believe that, continue under the illusion that they are, in some way better, however if you don't then realize it.

Again that might not make much sense :D

offspringbaby2004
12-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Well whenever I hear a song that they played at the concert I went to I think about the concert, its like the song replays in my head of them doing it live. Especially when I hear Neocon of Americana, because I love how they did it. When I see Offspring Live videos I am just excited to know that I actually saw them live :)

~mandy~