PDA

View Full Version : Skydiving

endlesst0m
03-19-2007, 09:00 PM
I'm thinking about going skydiving. It looks like it might be scary as hell, but most people say it's the coolest thing they've ever done. I also think it's a great opportunity to conquer fear, which I think is a very important part of life.

If you've ever been skydiving before, whats it feel like? Please be extremely detailed.

Hooray for 1000 posts!

HeadAroundU
03-20-2007, 01:09 PM
Skydiving, no, thanx. I'll rather stay behind my computer.

MrJoe
03-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Somebody asked me to do it for charity. Its a no for now, but maybe one day.

Grabbal
03-20-2007, 02:45 PM
I will never skydive unless it's a matter of life and death!!

killer_queen
03-20-2007, 03:44 PM
I used to find these kind of stuff amazingly stupid. I still do, actually but also I want to do them. Every single of them. Skydiving, bungee jumping, climbing or whatever. I think you're doing a great thing. Try not to die. If you die, people will remember you with a bunch of laughs.

Bazza
03-20-2007, 03:48 PM
I wouldn't mind giving it a go, I can see the thrill gained from doing it. I was going to do a sponsored abseil down the Tower building at my uni last year:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/bazza1987/DSC00076.jpg

But sadly the event was cancelled.

MrJoe
03-20-2007, 03:55 PM
I bet you had feelings of relief but also a bit disappointed.

Bazza
03-20-2007, 03:57 PM
I bet you had feelings of relief but also a bit disappointed.

I was really dissapointed, but yeah at the same time relieved. I can't really imagine the feeling of staring from the top downwards, and then lowering myself over the edge. I've done smaller abseils before, but the they were from small heights!

MrJoe
03-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Yeah that looks pretty tall, do you know how tall in ft. ?

Bazza
03-20-2007, 04:02 PM
Approx. 120ft, it's 15 floors tall.

Venom Symbiote
03-20-2007, 04:27 PM
Dude, skydiving is an amazing experience, I've only done it twice, but it's so fucking good. You don't want to die without having done it.

But stay the fuck away from bungee-jumping. Never again, never never again. Worst damn thing I've ever done. Maybe it's just the phobia of falling face-down rather than the skydiving freefall, but yeah. Bungee = scary as all fuck. Skydiving = doitdoitdoit.

endlesst0m
03-20-2007, 07:34 PM
Dude, skydiving is an amazing experience, I've only done it twice, but it's so fucking good. You don't want to die without having done it.

But stay the fuck away from bungee-jumping. Never again, never never again. Worst damn thing I've ever done. Maybe it's just the phobia of falling face-down rather than the skydiving freefall, but yeah. Bungee = scary as all fuck. Skydiving = doitdoitdoit.

It's strange, it seems like every Australian person I've ever come in contact with has gone skydiving.

Anyway, I enjoy other thrills like rollercoasters a lot. I'm just afraid that skydiving, since it's so damn high up, will be too intense for me. Do you have that feeling in your stomach the whole time you're falling, or does your body eventually get used to it? Because that would be uncomfortable if that feeling was there the whole time, haha.

Jebus
03-20-2007, 08:31 PM
Skydiving is something I've always wanted to do. I was suppose to do it with my dad during the summer but we never actually got around to do it. I really need to make plans for it next time I'm in vacation.

nameless
03-21-2007, 09:00 PM
id love to go sky diving, its just the cost involved! you can do it for charity for free but them youve got to go round getting a certain amount of sponsorship to cover the jump and then earn money on top of that! if they bought the cost down id definately go. although saying that, how much did it cost you guys?!

Venom Symbiote
03-22-2007, 06:07 PM
Yeah, the "oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck" sensation is there pretty much throughout the entire fall. To be honest the first time the word "splat" was running through my head pretty much twenty thousand times each second, but the next time wasn't so bad.

It's kind of one of those things you're all ":eek:" the entire way down, but as soon as you land you're all "let's fuckin' do that again!".

Harnum
03-22-2007, 06:11 PM
My music teacher has it on her "list of things to do before she dies." I think she's nuts. I don't think I'd have enough nerve to jump out of a plane. I'm afraid of heights... =[