PDA

View Full Version : 300, yes or no?

Anya82
03-20-2007, 12:24 PM
I've been reading some of your posts in the "last movie I saw" (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9950) thread, and opinions are divided. I haven't seen it yet. My bf wants to go to the movies and see it because he liked the trailer.

In your opinion, is it worth seeing in the theater? did you like it or not? why?

Jakebert
03-20-2007, 12:31 PM
I voted yes. I think it's a good movie, even though I agree that all of the "OMGZ ITZ TEH BEST EVAR!" shit is getting old. It's not as great as it's being made out to be, but it's certainly fun.

As far as seeing it in theaters: the look of the movie is easily the best part, and it's something that might be lost a little on a smaller screen. So yeah, I'd see it in theaters.

coke_a_holic
03-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Meh, I'm not feeling as testosterone-fueled as my equally-hormonal friends. Everyone I know saw it, and the only kid in the bunch who actually has an opinion on movies told me not to bother. So I probably won't.

JohnnyNemesis
03-20-2007, 12:35 PM
I haven't seen it and I have no interest in seeing it, but everyone I know who saw it loved it.

Then again, everyone I know is an idiot :(

0r4ng3
03-20-2007, 12:37 PM
I hate (watching) movies, and I saw it twice. I think that says something.

It says that I suck at movies.

Seriously, though, it's a good movie. It's just how you approach it. Don't go in thinking it's going to be some kind of classic, or that it's the best movie of its time.

Whiplash
03-20-2007, 12:55 PM
I haven't seen it yet, It's not realeased here. :( It's gonne come out march 22. yeeeeeeeeee.;)

Lodat225
03-20-2007, 12:55 PM
Just read the comic book. It's the exact same thing.

I voted no because it didn't change at all, and sometimes that's a good thing; but not in this movie.

WebDudette
03-20-2007, 01:13 PM
It was one of the better movies I have seen in a while. I recommend it.

ninthlayer
03-20-2007, 01:14 PM
I'd consider myself a movie person and I really enjoyed 300. Like, really really. Other people (whose opinions I respect) didn't care so much for it.

But 300 really has everything I like:
Beards
Battles
Beards
Yelling
Beards
Well placed taunts
Beards
That cool guy from LotR
Beards
Fucked up old guys that look like Father Spiletto from the Omen remake
Beards

Stranger With Candy
03-20-2007, 01:15 PM
You had me at beards.

Grabbal
03-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Is the movie like, animationanimationanimation??

MrJoe
03-20-2007, 01:17 PM
I was intrigued by the trailer, so will probably end up watching it at some point, especially after I've heard good things about it.

T-6005
03-20-2007, 01:27 PM
I don't feel the division. I was kept entertained for most of the way - although a lot of the non-battle scenes were like "wtf this isn't gladiator somuchwheateverwhere."

Lodat225
03-20-2007, 01:28 PM
Just read the comic book - jeez.

T-6005
03-20-2007, 01:28 PM
Just read the comic book - jeez.
Absolutely not.

killer_queen
03-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Asking for people's opinions on movies isn't the best thing to do. Why don't you go and see youself? The only thing you lose would be a couple of hours.

What I would suggest you would be that Hugh Grant's new movie. Well, it might not be new, it's just released here. But it seems like a great movies. Since it has Grant in it.

Revolver-2005?
03-20-2007, 02:59 PM
I enjoyed the movie, although it wasn't because of a great story line or anything. It was a generally fun movie to watch, although it might not have been as entertaining without:

A. Friends
B. Black people

All About Eve
03-20-2007, 03:27 PM
I voted yes. I think it's a good movie, even though I agree that all of the "OMGZ ITZ TEH BEST EVAR!" shit is getting old. It's not as great as it's being made out to be, but it's certainly fun.
Yes.

As far as seeing it in theaters: the look of the movie is easily the best part, and it's something that might be lost a little on a smaller screen. So yeah, I'd see it in theaters.
Double yes.

Lodat225
03-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Absolutely not.

Absolutely yes. It's the exact same thing - word by word. I think a guy's beard of clothing or bandana changes - that's it.

JohnnyNemesis
03-20-2007, 03:32 PM
No one gives a shit about the comic, its similarities, or whether the comic even exists. This is about the movie.

Lodat225
03-20-2007, 03:47 PM
But reading the comic is much better than seeing the movie, IMO.

JohnnyNemesis
03-20-2007, 03:49 PM
That's fine, but there's no need to keep harping on it for several posts. You said it once, we all took it into account, and now we can keep talking about the movie since most people don't care about the comic book.

WebDudette
03-20-2007, 03:51 PM
But reading the comic is much better than seeing the movie, IMO.

But they are exactly the same!

Lodat225
03-20-2007, 03:53 PM
That's fine, but there's no need to keep harping on it for several posts. You said it once, we all took it into account, and now we can keep talking about the movie since most people don't care about the comic book.

Yeah, that's true. Can't argue with that.

@ Pilz-E: Have you seen the comic? The art is incredible.

WebDudette
03-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Yeah, I have I only read some of it though. But this thread is about the movie.

Lodat225
03-20-2007, 03:58 PM
Fine. The movie was good, i have to say. I thought it was going to suck, like most of the comics-to-movie... movies. It was good, the visual was very well done and if you're downloading it off a torrent you might as well stop. Why? Because you need to see it on the big screen. You NEED to.

Even though the comic is better...

sKratch
03-20-2007, 04:26 PM
Bringing up the comic is very valid, seeing as the movie is based on the comic. I, however, have not read 300 and don't see myself doing it any time soon. I have seen it and it was an amazingly kickass movie.

LowRider
03-20-2007, 04:50 PM
I thought it was a great movie..lots of action.

Anya82
03-20-2007, 05:21 PM
Asking for people's opinions on movies isn't the best thing to do. Why don't you go and see youself? The only thing you lose would be a couple of hours.

What I would suggest you would be that Hugh Grant's new movie. Well, it might not be new, it's just released here. But it seems like a great movies. Since it has Grant in it.

I agree with you about going and watch the movie, but it caught my attention that some people have mentioned it in the other thread, and while some say it is great, some others say it's not. So, i wanted to read your opinion in a single thread instead.

And yup, I've already seen that movie you mention. Music & Lyrics or something like that, right? I liked the music.. lovely. But the whole story was just fine.

Paint_It_Black
03-20-2007, 09:08 PM
This poll needed a "meh, it was alright" option. It pretty much bored me until the fighting started, and then it was entertaining enough.

The whole subject matter annoys me a little, so maybe I'm not the ideal judge. I just kept wanting them to take the fucking deal, since, you know, it was an excellent fucking deal. But they're all like "lolz no thanks I'll take unnecessary death please".

It looked good, sounded good, and the acting and directing was good. Just not quite for me.