PDA

View Full Version : Anime. You can edit your title with two clicks of a button. Never knew that.

Lodat225
03-20-2007, 06:43 PM
This thread is devoted to anything Anime. So, do you read/see anime? If so, how often?

I enjoy many anime shows. I don't really read any anime.

Oh, and RickyCrack, Pokemon is anime.

wheelchairman
03-20-2007, 06:56 PM
Do you really think he cares?

People who like anime in general are losers, not people who like a franchise that includes anime...

Anya82
03-20-2007, 06:58 PM
ok... that was hurtful, Per.

I like anime. I've seen different series, and there are good stuff in it.
Watching anime is just another hobbie, like watching a tv series, or enjoying going to the movies frequently. I don't know why you say it's for losers :confused:

Apathy
03-20-2007, 07:12 PM
Probably because....it is?

Anya82
03-20-2007, 07:19 PM
really?...why?

if you say that because you've only met weird kids who believe they have magical powers or want to become a Pokemon trainer.... then i can understand you point.

But, really.. there are some good, interesting, intelligent, creative series that are not known in America. Anime that is meant not for little kids, but for teens and even mature audience with lots and lots of genres and stories.

I don't like when people tag anime or people who like anime as dorks, when they don't know what anime really offers.

Jebus
03-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Eh... I watched the entire Full Metal Alchemist, Fooley Cooley, and Cowboy Bebop series on adult swim a while ago. I enjoyed them all. I also saw most episodes of TriGun on youtube which only got my attention simply because I liked the theme music so I decided to check it out. I'm not particularly a big anime fan. I just happen to like those specific shows.

Lodat225
03-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Yeah, me neither. I enjoy Anime, but aren't like all of those people that are in love with it.

By Anime, i mean some shows Jebus just posted and Bleach. Pretty much it.

Oh, WCM, it's because he tells everybody that they're fags because they like anime. Pokemon is anime. It's not a franchise that has anime, it's anime altogether.

ruroken
03-20-2007, 08:36 PM
FMA, Trigun (*drool*), Tenchi Muyo!, CHRONO CRUSADE (OMFG SO AWESOME), Akira (Chrono Crusade is way better though), Ninja Scroll, Princess Mononoke...

are all like total sekz

Bleach is okay.
Naruto is faggoted.
One Piece is worst.
Fucking Shonen Jump = suck.

Paint_It_Black
03-20-2007, 09:31 PM
Sure, I loved cartoons when I was a kid.

Endymion
03-20-2007, 10:38 PM
i like puni puni poemi, little snow fairy sugar, excel saga, cromartie high school, gate keepers 21, hellsing ova, chrono crusade, and some others with names that escape me.

Lizardus
03-20-2007, 11:14 PM
You should see Death Note, is puregasm.
Samurai seven is a great series, original character designs and a great story.

RickyCrack
03-20-2007, 11:20 PM
Pokemon is fucking awesome therefore it cannot be anime. Fucking wasians.

Anya82
03-20-2007, 11:29 PM
death note! that's a niiiiiice one!

I haven't seen chrono crusade, but i definitely want to.

Sure, I loved cartoons when I was a kid.

why do people think animation is just for kids?:confused: :(
there's so much beauty in the art of anime (that's one of the reasons i like it). And there are more interesting series than just fucking pokemon, sailor moon and naruto.

WebDudette
03-20-2007, 11:33 PM
I used to watch it a lot, not so much anymore. Most of the decent stuff on Adult Swim along with FLCL, Chrono Crusade, Hellsing, Samurai Champloo and Hellsing Ultimate there is only two episodes but they are better then all the other Hellsing combined. There are others I'm sure but none that I can think fo at the moment.

I read a bit of Deathnote I didn't find it very interesting. Lone Wolf and Cub is the greatest graphic novel ever. I've also read some of the Hellsing graphic novels that Hellsing Ultimate is directly based on.

And of course movies like Spirited Away, Akira, and My Neighbor Totoro witch was a childhood favorite.

Paint_It_Black
03-21-2007, 12:18 AM
why do people think animation is just for kids?:confused: :(

Because I loved it when I was a kid, and somewhere during the process of growing up it lost its appeal. This is a common occurrence, which leads us to the widespread observation that animation is, indeed, for children.

Whiplash
03-21-2007, 02:16 AM
I used to love gundam wing and dragonball z. I still kinda like gundam it's just awesome. But i kinda grew out of dragonball z.

Jakebert
03-21-2007, 04:04 AM
I hate anime. The animation is so choppy and crappy that even if it does have some substance to it, I can't watch it. I don't care how detailed the drawings are, the lack of in-betweens and the fact that about 50% of the scenes are just one cel with a different mouth added on for every shot makes the animation blow.

Oh, and white people that love anime are usually morons who wear stupud dragon shirts. They're almost as bad as fat white women who wear Tazmanian Devil t-shirts.

Vera
03-21-2007, 04:31 AM
Haven't we had like a million anime topics by now?

Animetards piss me off.

In general, manga > anime. I've enjoyed some mangas *as* anime, Love Hina for pervy fun and Bleach for the kickass. Generally I get tired of it all, though. Nothing ever ends and all the plots go around in friggin' circles. It's so tiring.

JohnnyNemesis
03-21-2007, 07:59 AM
Oh, and white people that love anime are usually morons who wear stupud dragon shirts. They're almost as bad as fat white women who wear Tazmanian Devil t-shirts.

I love it .

ninthlayer
03-21-2007, 08:38 AM
The (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1841&highlight=anime) search (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7458&highlight=anime) button (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10816&highlight=anime) is (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12136&highlight=anime) nice (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18347&highlight=anime).

Oh, and RickyCrack, Pokemon is anime.
There's a distinct difference between Pokemon and real anime. Most animefags will cry and scream that anime is cartoons made for mature audiences, thus justifying their obsession with animated loli. Anime characters will swear, fuck, bleed, use drugs, murder, and make crude sexual references. How often does this happen in non-fanfic Pokemon? Just about fucking never (Brock's a perv, but it's always just implied). And who would make the argument that Pokemon is intended for mature audiences? You're all kinds of wrong.

But good job trying to assert your authority as King Faggot, fucking wapanese fanboy.

Yes yes yes, fucking yes.

Vera
03-21-2007, 09:49 AM
I have a Tasmanian Devil mousepad. :(

ruroken
03-21-2007, 10:23 AM
excel saga
I'm about to watch all of that this week. Singing dogs ftw!

One day, Ima have a concert in which my band and I play the Chrono Crusade soundtrack (minus the opening and credits). That would be so much fun.

Ime
03-21-2007, 10:26 AM
Anime sucks, its just another way for the japanese to get back at us for ww2.

Grabbal
03-21-2007, 10:29 AM
I hate anime, but still it made me aware of how much a girl in my class has pokemon eyes (the people in pokemon).

Off topic.

0r4ng3
03-21-2007, 10:32 AM
I used to watch Dragonball Z. I was like 12 at the time.

A few of my friends now watch Naruto. I hate my friends.

ruroken
03-21-2007, 10:35 AM
Naruto's voice is so annoying and there's too much filler. Dragonball Z is actually still pretty interesting (uncut), as I have found through downloading the episodes. Its hard for me to take my eyes off as it plays, despite its cheesy dialogue, which only makes it better for me, as I find it more entertaining.

I. Forgot. Rurouni Kenshin. HOW DARE I. *slaps self*

Grabbal
03-21-2007, 10:36 AM
One of my friends watches Naruto, but then again he pretty retarded already.

ruroken
03-21-2007, 10:44 AM
Nothing ever ends and all the plots go around in friggin' circles. It's so tiring.
That's the exact reason I despise Inuyasha with a passion. It's the same fucking thing every episode. The entirety of the story is told to you in any of the episodes, so you know exactly what they're doing and what they're going to be doing no matter where you start.
Samurai Deeper Kyo (which I'm reading right now) is drawn-out a bit, but it actually has something to take away from noticing that as you read it. As for Bleach, I never really got into it, but I notice that I could given I give it more time.

Dan_the_man
03-21-2007, 11:07 AM
you may laught at this but i have a whole closet full of anime. i use to watch it all the time.

Ime
03-21-2007, 11:08 AM
you may laught at this but i have a whole closet full of anime. i use to watch it all the time.

You're right..........I am going to laught at it. :P nah man, of that makes you happy? more power to you.

Zeall
03-21-2007, 11:25 AM
Planetes is a good drama

wheelchairman
03-21-2007, 11:38 AM
When I was a kid I pretty much just thought that anime existed as the Japanese alternative to cartoons. They looked so much cheaper, and so must obviously be more cost-efficient for cartoon makers.

I also figured anime was a japanese idea of what white people must look like to them. Hence the enormous not-squinty eyes.

Lodat225
03-21-2007, 04:50 PM
There's a distinct difference between Pokemon and real anime. Most animefags will cry and scream that anime is cartoons made for mature audiences, thus justifying their obsession with animated loli. Anime characters will swear, fuck, bleed, use drugs, murder, and make crude sexual references. How often does this happen in non-fanfic Pokemon? Just about fucking never (Brock's a perv, but it's always just implied). And who would make the argument that Pokemon is intended for mature audiences? You're all kinds of wrong.

But good job trying to assert your authority as King Faggot, fucking wapanese fanboy.

So you're saying that all anime is for adults? Fucking idiot.

"Anime is an abbreviation of the word "animation". Outside Japan, the term most popularly refers to animation originating in Japan. To the West, not all animation is considered anime; and anime is considered a subset of animation.

Linguistically, the anime definition is subject to interpretation. In Japan, the term does not specify an animation's nation of origin or style; instead, it is used as a blanket term to refer to all forms of animation from around the world. In English, main dictionary sources define anime as "a Japanese style of motion-picture animation" or "a style of animation developed in Japan".Thus, non-Japanese works are sometimes called anime-influenced animation if they borrow stylistically from Japanese animation."

Now, Pokemon falls into that category, for it is anime.

"In the late 1990s and early 2000s, this trend began to change as more openly Japanese works, such as Sailor Moon, Dragonball Z, Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Gundam Wing, achieved mainstream popularity on American television. Although many of these shows did undergo some kind of "Americanization" in the form of character name changes and edits for violence, language, and the occasional nudity, viewers were more aware of the shows' country of origin, which might perhaps pique their curiosity to seek out other works in a similar style."

Pokemon is shōnen which is a genre of anime. Before you start spitting out shit, do a little research. Moron.

Also, Vera, manga is anime. I don't watch many anime shows, just some. I'm not an anime FAN, but i appreciate it.

Also, animation is not childish at all. You obviously don't know where you stand in this conversation, PIB (i think he said it - eh, too lazy to look back to.)

Llamas
03-21-2007, 05:04 PM
All I have to add to this thread is this http://www.homestead.com/rhinoxsis/zfjapanesecartoon.html

Oh, and anime sucks.

Lodat225
03-21-2007, 05:06 PM
That was horribly unfunny.

0r4ng3
03-21-2007, 05:07 PM
All I have to add to this thread is this http://www.homestead.com/rhinoxsis/zfjapanesecartoon.html

Oh, and anime sucks.
Are you asking for a CHALLENGE?!?!?!

Llamas
03-21-2007, 05:09 PM
That was horribly unfunny.

But it's true.

Are you asking for a CHALLENGE?!?!?!

Ya gotta have blue hair!

(and it's "looking", not "asking"... FAIL!)

0r4ng3
03-21-2007, 05:10 PM
That's not his only appearance. He's said "asking" before.

Anya82
03-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Also, Vera, manga is anime. I don't watch many anime shows, just some. I'm not an anime FAN, but i appreciate it.

i agree with what you said in that post, except for this part. Actually, manga is a comic, but from Japan and with some differences. It turns to anime when the story from a manga is actually animated from tv or video.

Lodat225
03-21-2007, 09:30 PM
i agree with what you said in that post, except for this part. Actually, manga is a comic, but from Japan and with some differences. It turns to anime when the story from a manga is actually animated from tv or video.

anime is animation, short. manga is a cartoon, comic. What do you think the actual cartoon/comic is? anime.

so... the comic Naruto is not anime while the show is?

RickyCrack
03-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Here's a little proof for you that anime is for fags http://www.anime-cafe.com/anime/definition.html (http://gallys.hentaiheroes.netpass.tv/pokemon-hentai/images-pokemon-hentai/pokemon-hentai-13.jpg)

Paint_It_Black
03-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Also, animation is not childish at all. You obviously don't know where you stand in this conversation, PIB (i think he said it - eh, too lazy to look back to.)

Oh, I certainly know where I stand. Directly opposite you, as usual.

But hold on a second, I'll go back and quote for you.

Because I loved it when I was a kid, and somewhere during the process of growing up it lost its appeal. This is a common occurrence, which leads us to the widespread observation that animation is, indeed, for children.

Here's me stating that animation is for children, and then kindly offering some pretty good reasoning to support my claim.

You, on the other hand, ignore my reasoning altogether and claim that animation is not childish at all, without providing anything to support your point of view.

Stop wasting your time, only other anime fags are going to agree with you.

RickyCrack
03-21-2007, 10:28 PM
The #1 demographic of cartoons is in fact children. If you disagree then the next time you're watching your cartoons take notice of what comercials are played. I guarantee you there won't be anything for debt consolidation, hair re-growth, and alcohol.

ruroken
03-22-2007, 10:11 AM
They play Enzyte commercials though! Ha, at least on channels where they are showing the uncut versions.

Cartoon Network sucks. Any opinion of anime based upon what they show is invalid. Because they don't show them the way they were intended to be seen.

RickyCrack
03-22-2007, 10:27 AM
The fact that anime plays on cartoon network only furthur proves that anime is for children. Anime is the most watched of shows on adult swim, and what's the basic demographic of said show? Children.

Grow up and watch some grown up people shows.

Zeall
03-22-2007, 10:28 AM
this thread makes me lol

Mannen som blev en gris
03-22-2007, 10:30 AM
I actually bought a DVD with the first five Berserk episodes not too long ago. I had no idea what it was, but it was really cheap, and people told me it was kvlt and stuff so yeah... I bought it.

It's kinda weird. Sometimes in a good way though. Like... Kill Bill mixed with Conan the Barbarian. With a bunch of added ^^s.

Vera
03-22-2007, 10:54 AM
Also, Vera, manga is anime.

LOLOLOLOLOL. Now who's got their truefax tangled. Lemme quote Wikipedia:

Manga (漫画, Manga?) listen (help·info) (pl. manga) is the Japanese word for comics and print cartoons. Outside of Japan, it usually refers specifically to comics originally published in Japan.

And if you dislike sources like that, let's try... this source: http://library.loganutah.org/booklist/ya/whatismanga.html

Manga is the Japanese word for 'comic book.' In the United States, it is usually used to refer to Japanese graphic novels (novel-length comics).

Not all Japanese graphic novels are about giant battling robots (although there are plenty of those!) Science fiction and fantasy are the most popular types of manga in the US, but subjects of these books vary widely. They range from horror to romance to military epics to sports stories to family dramas to school stories and much more.

Anime is the word used to describe the film equivalent to manga. Many Japanese animated television shows and movies are based on manga series.

So anime can be BASED on manga - and often is - and in rare cases, manga can be based on anime, but manga doesn't equal ANIME.

anime is animation, short. manga is a cartoon, comic. What do you think the actual cartoon/comic is? anime.

so... the comic Naruto is not anime while the show is?

Anime is animation. Manga is comics. As in, on paper? You know, paper? That you can buy? That isn't, like, video? Moving pictures?

The English term "cartoon" is confusing you here because it can refer to both print form and actual animation (hence "Cartoon Network" but cartoon column at the end of the newspaper). The Japanese terms are very simple. Anime is animated. Manga is print-form.

Naruto the manga is a comic.

Naruto the anime is an animated television show.

It's that simple.

Plz preach people only when you know the simplest basics of what you're talking about.

ruroken
03-22-2007, 10:55 AM
The fact that anime plays on cartoon network only furthur proves that anime is for children. Anime is the most watched of shows on adult swim, and what's the basic demographic of said show? Children.

Grow up and watch some grown up people shows.

No, it simply proves that anime is a cartoon. And they aren't the most watched shows on adult swim.

and what you watch doesn't dictate your age.

RickyCrack
03-22-2007, 10:57 AM
No, it simply proves that anime is a cartoon. And they aren't the most watched shows on adult swim.

Silly animefag, cartoons are for kids.

JohnnyNemesis
03-22-2007, 11:00 AM
I remember Dragon Ball Z was a popular superwaydowndeep underground thing when I was younger. It wasn't televised in English or in America in any way whatsoever, so the only way people heard of it was from the bootleg subtitled VHS tapes comic book stores would push on kids in the area. So I used to buy the original Dragon Ball Z episodes and stuff.

That was when I was 10, in 1993. I grew out of the show and found the entire genre boring as shit when I was 10 and a half.

Llamas
03-22-2007, 11:02 AM
Oh, Ricky, it makes me so hot when you speak in trupunx.

JohnnyNemesis
03-22-2007, 11:04 AM
I would take that as props and use it for my sexy swagger, but you're like a sponge when it comes to moisture.

Vera
03-22-2007, 11:05 AM
I can't believe I spent my daily ownage quota on Loadat. Somebody shoot me.

Whiplash
03-22-2007, 11:06 AM
I have a DVD of the first five gundam wing episodes. I always wondered how they became gundam pilots so i decided to buy the DVD, it was only 5 euro's so why not?

Llamas
03-22-2007, 11:09 AM
I would take that as props and use it for my sexy swagger, but you're like a sponge when it comes to moisture.

whaaaat? *is confused*. haha

H1T_That
03-22-2007, 11:17 AM
I used to like Guyver.

When i was 13.

Paint_It_Black
03-22-2007, 12:33 PM
it was only 5 euro's so why not?

Let me know if that wasn't rhetorical and I can give you a few thousand answers.

Nina
03-22-2007, 12:45 PM
I never, EVER understood the appeal of anime or mangas. I honestly cant even look at mangas. I'll end up completely confused. Is that normal or am I just extremely retarded?

Llamas
03-22-2007, 12:49 PM
I don't know if it's normal, but I'm right there with you. At least take comfort in knowing that, if you're retarded, you're not alone. :)

ninthlayer
03-22-2007, 12:58 PM

Go watch more hentai, fag.

JohnnyNemesis
03-22-2007, 12:59 PM
I like calling it "uh-nime" instead of "a-nim-ay" knowing full well that it's wrong, then laugh when someone corrects me and I point out that while they're right in pronunciation, they lose at life for even giving a shit.

Zeall
03-22-2007, 01:17 PM
I never, EVER understood the appeal of anime or mangas. I honestly cant even look at mangas. I'll end up completely confused. Is that normal or am I just extremely retarded?

You're not retarded lol, you just have to be interested enough in them to read them

Zeall
03-22-2007, 01:18 PM
I don't know if it's normal, but I'm right there with you. At least take comfort in knowing that, if you're retarded, you're not alone. :)

heh, it's as normal as not being interested in anything you don't like :)

ruroken
03-22-2007, 03:38 PM
You guys watch Pokemon. omg go wtch adlt shwz

SkunkIt
03-22-2007, 04:43 PM
Pokemon IS an adult show. Can't you tell from all the violence?

Harnum
03-22-2007, 05:06 PM
I don't/haven't really though about watching a full anime show. It just doesn't seem interesting to me. Maybe, if I'm bored enough one of these days, I will. In the meantime, Any suggestions for good Anime shows?

Lodat225
03-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Oh, I certainly know where I stand. Directly opposite you, as usual.

But hold on a second, I'll go back and quote for you.

Here's me stating that animation is for children, and then kindly offering some pretty good reasoning to support my claim.

You, on the other hand, ignore my reasoning altogether and claim that animation is not childish at all, without providing anything to support your point of view.

Stop wasting your time, only other anime fags are going to agree with you.

You said that anime is animation, and that animation is childish. You didn't say some of it, or most of it is childish but you said it's childish. You're wrong.

It's not. Shut up now.

LOLOLOLOLOL. Now who's got their truefax tangled. Lemme quote Wikipedia:

And if you dislike sources like that, let's try... this source: http://library.loganutah.org/booklist/ya/whatismanga.html

So anime can be BASED on manga - and often is - and in rare cases, manga can be based on anime, but manga doesn't equal ANIME.

Anime is animation. Manga is comics. As in, on paper? You know, paper? That you can buy? That isn't, like, video? Moving pictures?

The English term "cartoon" is confusing you here because it can refer to both print form and actual animation (hence "Cartoon Network" but cartoon column at the end of the newspaper). The Japanese terms are very simple. Anime is animated. Manga is print-form.

Naruto the manga is a comic.

Naruto the anime is an animated television show.

It's that simple.

Plz preach people only when you know the simplest basics of what you're talking about.

Anime is animation. Manga is a comic... of what? Of anime. Manga is a style of anime. Go search it on wikipedia or soemthing and it says "see also". There's manga. Search anime anywhere, and there's manga drawings? Why? BECAUSE MANGA IS ANIME, BUT DRAWN. NOT ON TV.

The #1 demographic of cartoons is in fact children. If you disagree then the next time you're watching your cartoons take notice of what comercials are played. I guarantee you there won't be anything for debt consolidation, hair re-growth, and alcohol.

Yes, it is. Anime is not only for children's though. The commercials don't prove anything. It's the actual show. Have you seen Japanese anime? Ha. Very childish, indeed:

http://i14.tinypic.com/43pd946.jpg

Also, Pokemon is for kids. 100% directly for kids.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0PLbMjk2P2s

silly faggot, pokemon's for kidz.

Oh, haha. Hentai does suck but that's anime anyway. I haven't watched hentai, nor do i plan too.

RickyCrack
03-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Omg you liek pokemon, and I don't understand the meaning of irony or joeks.

You're missing the point. Just because pokemon is from Japan dosn't mean that I should immediately now want to perform fellatio on sasuke, kenshin, or whatever. All anime is for fags.

ruroken
03-22-2007, 08:07 PM
Therefore you are a fag.

Lodat225
03-22-2007, 08:12 PM
You're missing the point. Just because pokemon is from Japan dosn't mean that I should immediately now want to perform fellatio on sasuke, kenshin, or whatever. All anime is for fags.

What the fuck are you talking about? Are you actually saying that Pokemon is not anime, and that people that watch anime want to suck that anime's protagonist or something's penis?

Oh, lol, you're a fag then.

Paint_It_Black
03-22-2007, 09:25 PM
Pokemon IS an adult show. Can't you tell from all the violence?

Right, and so were Ninja Turtles, He-Man and Thundercats then.

Lodat, you're an anime fag. And you're an anime fag who couldn't argue to save his life.

Anya82
03-22-2007, 11:01 PM
Lodat, I'm truly sorry to turn your world upside down but... the truth is what Vera said. Most of the time, an anime series is based on a manga. And notice how Sanni wrote in caps BASED, which means that the story is not the same in both all the time.

What you say, is like saying that a book is a movie. which is wrong. Most of the time, a movie (FILM, actors, music, movement, camera) is BASED on a book (PRINT, words, story, just read).

anyway. this is the last thing i say about it, I won't spend more of my time arguing with you about it.

Anya82
03-22-2007, 11:05 PM
about liking or not anime... it's ok not liking it. As i said in earlier posts, watching anime/reading manga is just another kind of hobbie. It's like someone who loves horror movies/books, or loves videogames... I, personally, ain't interested at all, and I don't know much about it. But I guess it has its own appeal to get the attention from lots of people.

Endymion
03-22-2007, 11:45 PM
while i mostly agree with lodat in this thread, he does have the definition of anime a bit messed up. anime is a form of animation, and animations are DYNAMIC, not STATIC, thus manga is *not* anime. as you can clearly see from this passage, anime is the *video* form of that style of drawing, manga is the *print* version of it:

Anime is broadcast on television, distributed on media such as DVD and VHS, and included in video games. Additionally, some are produced as full length motion pictures. Anime often draws influence from manga, light novels, and other cultures.

SkunkIt
03-22-2007, 11:50 PM
Right, and so were Ninja Turtles, He-Man and Thundercats then.
Don't forget Batman.

RickyCrack
03-23-2007, 12:07 AM
I'm not the one denying being a fag. So for the sake of argument I'll agree than I'm totally gay, so therefore you're all faggier than I am for actually liking anime.

Vera
03-23-2007, 03:59 AM
Lodat, I'm truly sorry to turn your world upside down but... the truth is what Vera said. Most of the time, an anime series is based on a manga. And notice how Sanni wrote in caps BASED, which means that the story is not the same in both all the time.

What you say, is like saying that a book is a movie. which is wrong. Most of the time, a movie (FILM, actors, music, movement, camera) is BASED on a book (PRINT, words, story, just read).

anyway. this is the last thing i say about it, I won't spend more of my time arguing with you about it.

Exactly. How difficult is this to understand?

The reason why Wiki's Anime-article's "See also" includes Manga is because the two are obvious related. They're two vastly different things but obviously there's a relation as many mangas are adapted into anime shows and occasionally vice versa.

Anime is animation. Manga is a comic... of what? Of anime. Manga is a style of anime. Go search it on wikipedia or soemthing and it says "see also". There's manga. Search anime anywhere, and there's manga drawings? Why? BECAUSE MANGA IS ANIME, BUT DRAWN. NOT ON TV.
Most of the time the manga comes first. Manga is comics - not of *anime*. Anime is made - in most cases - after the manga has been running in manga magazines and published as manga novels.

Let's take Naruto for example:

Naruto (ナルト, Naruto? romanized as NARUTO in Japan) is a manga by Masashi Kishimoto with an anime TV series adaptation.

Anime is an adaptation of the Naruto manga. Let's look at dates.

The manga was first published by Shueisha in 1999 in the 43rd issue of Japan's Shonen Jump magazine. --- snip ---

The anime series, produced by Studio Pierrot and Aniplex, premiered across Japan on the terrestrial TV Tokyo network and the anime satellite television network Animax on October 3, 2002, and is still being aired.

How can manga be a style of anime when the manga is drawn BEFORE the anime is made?

Basically, manga isn't animated, hence IT IS NOT ANIME.

Video vs paper. That's the simple difference between anime and manga.

Llamas
03-23-2007, 04:05 AM
Lodat... what the fuck? If anime is just short for "animation", then how can manga be anime?? IT'S NOT ANIMATED. Simple as that.

Vera
03-23-2007, 04:18 AM
This is mildy hilarious. Also, if something's listed under a Wikipedia article's "See also", it means it's a related topic, not a sub-sect of the actual topic or anything like that.

Under Anime's "See also" are stuff like "Doujinshi", "Cosplay", "Japanese pop music". With the same argumentation you could argue that cosplay is anime or jpop is anime or fucking fanfic is anime. Manga is a phenomenon related to anime, but you can't put a = mark between the two.

SaiKYoU
03-23-2007, 04:21 AM
the only manga i know it camed after the anime is Full Metal Alchemist...

and i'm deeply sorry for anyone who like pokemon as a anime, cause its a bag of shit... its cause of things like that shit, that a lot of dumb people think anime sucks...

wheelchairman
03-23-2007, 07:08 AM
People think Anime sucks, because it does. It's not a matter of getting mainstream attention or anything, most people don't like it. You aren't oppressed, you just aren't liked. Get over it.

khaaaaan
03-23-2007, 07:22 AM
With out having read a single part of this thread, excapt this page, I'm going to state that manga = comic and anime = cartoon. Manga's not anime nor the other way around.
And Per needs to harden the FUCK up. He is the most oppinonated asshole to have ever walked these plains. If he has an oppinion you cannot and I reapeat CANNOT convince him otherwise. Doesn't matter if it's wrong, he still will not be convinced. He's gonna need hard prove that you're right so you just avoid arguments with Per. Not cause, then he wins, but because it's a pain in the ass. And that doesn't make him right.[/rant]

wheelchairman
03-23-2007, 07:28 AM
Yeah but you're all like "sunshine is so much better than shade."

and I'm all like "pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffff."

btw we should get some beers in the sunshine plx. If you don't want to pay anything I have the shitty guinness in a can. It's better than nothing.

p.s. call me or something, I think I might nap.

Zeall
03-23-2007, 07:42 AM
]He's gonna need hard prove that you're right so you just avoid arguments with Per. Not cause, then he wins, but because it's a pain in the ass. And that doesn't make him right.[/rant]

This is why i've stayed out of this thread and lol'd at both sides from afar, i enjoy anime, but i don't see any need to start something with someone just to try and defend it, there's no point

khaaaaan
03-23-2007, 09:23 AM
So I called and all, but you didn't pick up.. and the sun is gone now:(

ruroken
03-23-2007, 09:26 AM
I'm not the one denying being a fag. So for the sake of argument I'll agree than I'm totally gay, so therefore you're all faggier than I am for actually liking anime.
Dammit. ='(

There are other differences in manga and anime as well, such as differing storylines. Ultimately similar, but different things are said and done. For instance, Satella doesn't die in the Chrono Crusade manga. And there are fillers in most anime (Naruto and Rurouni Kenshin, particularly).

RickyCrack
03-23-2007, 09:39 AM
Jesus christ, do you wanna make out or something you fucking queer?

Zeall
03-23-2007, 09:43 AM

This is the reason why i like this thread

wheelchairman
03-23-2007, 12:08 PM
So I called and all, but you didn't pick up.. and the sun is gone now:(

I slept through it. :( Oh well, it would probably be too windy.

Lodat225
03-23-2007, 04:19 PM

Yeah, i was wrong about the manga - anime thing, but they are in the same family.

Now, i never denied being a fag either. The reason you and PIB think that all anime is childish makes me laugh.

Yes, some of the anime is very childish, but not all of it.

ninthlayer
03-23-2007, 04:26 PM
makes me laugh.
*see also: butthurt sensitive about faggy anime shit

ninthlayer
03-23-2007, 04:34 PM
Care to elaborate? I mean, really, you're such an astounding linguist that I would love to see a drawn out and lengthy response.

//edit
lololo, lodat deletes his posts.

Vera
03-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Trying to argue that anime is not just for fags on a trupunx board like this is useless.

Admirable effort but give it up.

Edit: This to loadat, obvsly.

Zeall
03-23-2007, 04:57 PM
Trying to argue that anime is not just for fags on a trupunx board like this is useless.

heh, even i want him to stop now

Lodat225
03-23-2007, 05:04 PM

Yes, that's why i stopped. That's why i said nothing to ninth.

ninthlayer
03-23-2007, 05:21 PM
Yes, that's why i stopped. That's why i said nothing to ninth.
Except you did, and deleted it.

Lodat225
03-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Yeah, i said "hypocrite" and decided to delete it because it would go on, and on... and on.

lol, you're refreshing the page, waiting for me to answer?

ninthlayer
03-23-2007, 05:49 PM
You have yet to explain how anything that I said was hypocritical. And no, I wasn't sitting in your thread hitting refresh. I was looking at Kaliban's and realizing how fucking hard it is to balance my spec in another tab, but GG for trying buddy.

Lodat225
03-23-2007, 06:06 PM
You have yet to explain how anything that I said was hypocritical. And no, I wasn't sitting in your thread hitting refresh. I was looking at Kaliban's and realizing how fucking hard it is to balance my spec in another tab, but GG for trying buddy.

Not you, RickyCrack. He calls everybody a fag/loser for liking anime, even though he likes anime.

he makes fun of me because of childish anime, but he watches Pokemon.

ninthlayer
03-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Not you, RickyCrack. He calls everybody a fag/loser for liking anime, even though he likes anime.

...christ you're thick. Not Alan Thicke (which would be awesome), but dense as fuck.

RickyCrack
03-23-2007, 06:17 PM

When did I ever say that I watch Pokemon. You truly don't get it. I liek pokemon obviously for it's deep threaded story lines instead of for comic value. Again, gg buddy go watch some grown up shows.

Lodat225
03-23-2007, 06:19 PM
When did I ever say that I watch Pokemon. You truly don't get it. I liek pokemon obviously for it's deep threaded story lines instead of for comic value. Again, gg buddy go watch some grown up shows.

Deep threaded story lines?? Care to explain to me what those deep story lines are?

Hahaha, this is getting better and better.

Llamas
03-23-2007, 06:20 PM
................................................. ohmygod.

JohnnyNemesis
03-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Holy fuck just DROP IT DROP IT DROP IT. It is blindingly clear that ninth and RC are being anything but serious and Lodat, you keep taking what they're saying seriously. GRAR

RickyCrack
03-23-2007, 06:25 PM
Holy fuck just DROP IT DROP IT DROP IT. It is blindingly clear that ninth and RC are being anything but serious and Lodat, you keep taking what they're saying seriously. GRAR

Except for anime being for children and fags, I'm being totally serious there.

Paint_It_Black
03-23-2007, 09:28 PM
Hahaha, this is getting better and better.

Like, totally.

Keep it up Lodat. You're a master.

RoxnRollBassist
03-24-2007, 07:07 AM
I'm really not a fan of anime. I mean I know there are a lot of diffrent types and stuff, but the way its done just doenst appeal to me. I swear so many of my friends are getting sucked into it now. Its impossible for me to be in a concersation because 90% of the time there talking about anime. When did it get so popular?

Whiplash
03-25-2007, 10:30 AM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n26/rolfvanegmond/koty_57.jpg

Lolz, i just had to.

Vera
03-25-2007, 10:55 AM
LOLZ at the irony that
a) the cat's looking at manga books
b) anime has tons of pr0n. Never heard of hentai?

Lodat225
03-25-2007, 12:28 PM
He's looking for porn, not hentai.

Vera
03-25-2007, 12:47 PM
So now hentai isn't drawn pornography?

Your definitions kill me.

Zeall
03-25-2007, 05:22 PM
this thread gets better by the post

JohnnyNemesis
03-25-2007, 05:42 PM

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i146/effinyankee/newman.jpg

Nina
03-26-2007, 02:37 AM
I cant believe this still goes on.

Whiplash
03-26-2007, 02:49 AM
Same difference..

Paint_It_Black
03-26-2007, 02:54 AM
Nothing changes 'cause it's all the same.

Manic Subsidal Boy
03-26-2007, 03:25 AM
Cowboy Bebop and Gundam are alright

Vera
03-26-2007, 03:46 AM
When will Loadat's anime dictionary be available at Amazon, I wonder.

bukkake, n. Japanese word for facial

Zeall
03-26-2007, 04:58 AM
bukkake, n. Japanese word for facial

Mecha, v. The next step in Japanese technological evolution

Vera
03-26-2007, 05:13 AM
Where's the funny in that?

Zeall
03-26-2007, 05:20 AM
Where's the funny in that?

still in the quote :( it was a terrible phail, i know

Whiplash
03-26-2007, 05:58 AM
Dude, stop failling its not a good look on you ;)

Zeall
03-26-2007, 06:01 AM
okten ten ten

Jakebert
03-27-2007, 04:10 AM
ninth, RickyCrack, and PIB are preaching the truth.

Seriously Lodat, anime is for kids and fat white perverts who get off at the idea of a robot dragon fucking a kid who has knives for hands, or whatever stupid psudo-sexual thing the anime is about. Every person I know that watches anime and is over the age of 12 is either a huge, huge pervert, or retarded. And I know a lot of people over the age of 12 that watch anime.

And even if animation (not just anime) is intended for an older audience, the simple fact is that more kids are watching it regardless of who it's made for. Even a big Simpsons nerd like myself can admit that the majority of the show's fanbase is 12 year olds. Your arguments against this are just stupid. You're like those kids I knew when I was 10 that thought Dragonball Z was amazingly dark because they said "dammit" a few times.

Zeall
03-27-2007, 04:14 AM
You're like those kids I knew when I was 10 that thought Dragonball Z was amazingly dark because they said "dammit" a few times.

It's over NINE THOOUSAAAAAAND!!!!

now that that's out of the way, maybe Lodat wasn't the best person to try and defend anime...

Vera
03-27-2007, 04:53 AM
now that that's out of the way, maybe Lodat wasn't the best person to try and defend anime...

No fucking shit.

Zeall
03-27-2007, 05:07 AM
No fucking shit.

Alright, calm down, calm down

http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool/content/images/2005/01/31/voices_scousers_200x150.jpg

Vera
03-27-2007, 06:16 AM
Okay, I'll give you that. Harry Enfield rocks occasionally.

Lodat225
03-27-2007, 06:23 AM
ninth, RickyCrack, and PIB are preaching the truth.

Seriously Lodat, anime is for kids and fat white perverts who get off at the idea of a robot dragon fucking a kid who has knives for hands, or whatever stupid psudo-sexual thing the anime is about. Every person I know that watches anime and is over the age of 12 is either a huge, huge pervert, or retarded. And I know a lot of people over the age of 12 that watch anime.

And even if animation (not just anime) is intended for an older audience, the simple fact is that more kids are watching it regardless of who it's made for. Even a big Simpsons nerd like myself can admit that the majority of the show's fanbase is 12 year olds. Your arguments against this are just stupid. You're like those kids I knew when I was 10 that thought Dragonball Z was amazingly dark because they said "dammit" a few times.

Even though i did admit that some of it is childish?

Zeall
03-27-2007, 06:33 AM
Come on Lodat, what's the pint in copying people's avatars?

Lodat225
03-27-2007, 06:44 AM
I need to find one that i want. Until then, confusion ensues.

Zeall
03-27-2007, 06:46 AM
mmm, not really

Lodat225
03-27-2007, 06:51 AM
Damn it. Fine, i'll change it.

Paint_It_Black
03-27-2007, 02:01 PM
Okay, I'll give you that. Harry Enfield rocks occasionally.

Why are you using the present tense?

He's the fucking Travelocity Gnome now.

Vera
03-27-2007, 11:46 PM
You assume I keep up with whatever the fuck he's doing atm? Puhleaaaaaaaaaaaase.

Paint_It_Black
03-28-2007, 12:47 AM
Nope, just wanted an opportunity to vent my disgust about him voicing the Travelocity Gnome.

Vera
03-28-2007, 12:50 AM
You should practise *self control* and not do that shit, then.

Paint_It_Black
03-28-2007, 01:01 AM
I'm already using all my self-control to contain my lust for you.

ruroken
03-28-2007, 10:38 AM

God yes .

Zauk[lain]
04-01-2008, 10:28 AM
come on guyz whats wrong with anime?
I dont understand why someone which aint know what anime is tell someone else loser just because he watch anime and enjoys himself...
I love anime and manga...
IMO its the best...:)

Lodat225
04-01-2008, 04:20 PM
i am supah flyyyyyyyyy.

RickyCrack
04-03-2008, 04:35 PM
did you just make a joecartoon reference? srsly? go back to 1995 and give my regards to newgrounds and stickdeath.

Sidewinder
04-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Pokemon is fucking awesome therefore it cannot be anime. Fucking wasians.

True story.

Lodat225
04-04-2008, 12:20 PM
What the fuck is Joe cartoon?

And I doubt Joe Cartoon started "i am supahhh fly"

Cock Joke
04-06-2008, 07:16 PM
The only anime show I ever liked was Dragonball Z. My favorite character was Maajin Buu. The fat version, he was so frikkin funny.

That_Guy91
05-07-2008, 07:48 PM
The only anime show I ever liked was Dragonball Z. My favorite character was Maajin Buu. The fat version, he was so frikkin funny.

I always thought of fat Buu as the DBZ equivalent of Jar Jar Binks. He was ok sometimes, though.

SaiKYoU
05-08-2008, 12:33 AM
I always thought of fat Buu as the DBZ equivalent of Jar Jar Binks. He was ok sometimes, though.

nop, that's Krilin...

Lodat225
05-12-2008, 12:31 PM
So, uh, Death Note's amazing.

OffspringKid
05-12-2008, 01:10 PM
So, uh, Death Note's amazing.

Death Note is the better one anime, no more :cool:

dff_punk
05-12-2008, 01:23 PM
I actually never liked anime that much, but recently a stumbled across this show called "Bobobobo-bo-bobo"(or something like that), and I really like it, very hilarious and random show. But I dunno if it is still considered as anime:p

Lodat225
05-13-2008, 06:58 PM
It's an anime, yeah.

And LOL @ the tag.

ruroken
05-14-2008, 09:57 PM
Buso Renkin is full of win. Naturally because of Nobuhiro Watsuki's talent (he is the creator of Rurouni Kenshin).

Gustavo
12-21-2008, 08:19 AM
Sorry about bringing this thread up again, but...
I didn't use to like Anime much, but recently I've gotten addicted to Death Note.
A lot of people had told me about it before, but I just didn't hear them. Now that I started watching it, I fuckin' love it. I strongly recommend it, even for those who hate anime. (Believe me, I was one of you, I used to hate anime)

Check out the opening song, it rocks, doesn't it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxp1aaUsWw0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRBH1VO1mks

adombomb222
12-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Back in the day I really enjoyed the Gundum Wing series.

I really liked the story of Fullmetal Alchemist. The FMA movie that came out was a really good closing to the series. And the first season of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex was really good with the ongoing Laughing Man Case. The two Ghost in the Shell movies were very well done, the latest one Innocence was such a beautiful drawn and animated, though it was in Japanese.

Bipolar Bear
12-23-2008, 01:06 PM
adults that watch anime are sad, enough said

-L-
12-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Sorry about bringing this thread up again, but...
I didn't use to like Anime much, but recently I've gotten addicted to Death Note.
A lot of people had told me about it before, but I just didn't hear them. Now that I started watching it, I fuckin' love it. I strongly recommend it, even for those who hate anime. (Believe me, I was one of you, I used to hate anime)

Check out the opening song, it rocks, doesn't it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxp1aaUsWw0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRBH1VO1mks

Wow you like Death note? That's my favourite anime, my name is from it!! L's my favourite character.

Llamas
12-23-2008, 02:52 PM
Dead Note is the only anime cartoon I've ever actually tried to sit down and watch, because a friend of mine who I tend to have TV shows in common with really liked it. I tried really hard, but couldn't stand it. :-/

SK8rocka
12-23-2008, 10:02 PM
errr dragon ball z (before they sold out)