PDA

View Full Version : Tmnt

nieh
03-22-2007, 08:19 PM
I shouldn't be as excited about this movie as I am. Both the live action and the new animated tv shows were mediocre at best, their newer video games have been shit (based on the 3 minutes I played them at the store before wanting to throw the controller through the screen because of the shitty gameplay) and I'm no longer 7 years old but OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUCKING NINJA TURTLES!!!!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/teenagemutantninjaturtles/trailer2/

I'm going to see it sometime tomorrow and I'm probably going to be very sad afterwards.

0r4ng3
03-22-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm sort of excited for it too, but the more they call it a "kids movie" or a "family movie", the less I want to see it. I mean, I know it's not for the most mature of audiences, but now they're just ruining it for me.

Lodat225
03-22-2007, 08:24 PM
All the reviews i've read said that this movie has been the best one of all of them. From the trailers and previews i've seen, the CGI action looks pretty damn sweet.

I'm watching it tomorrow, but Nieh, i doubt you'll be dissatisfied.

nieh
03-22-2007, 08:28 PM
I'm sort of excited for it too, but the more they call it a "kids movie" or a "family movie", the less I want to see it. I mean, I know it's not for the most mature of audiences, but now they're just ruining it for me.

What else would they call it? They've always been for kids.

ruroken
03-22-2007, 08:29 PM
The first live action movie kicks ass! What's wrong wit chu?

0r4ng3
03-22-2007, 08:32 PM
What else would they call it? They've always been for kids.
Nothing against any of the Ninja Turtles movies, it's just that the phrase itself that turns me away. I have no idea why, it just does.

Paint_It_Black
03-22-2007, 09:29 PM
Nothing against any of the Ninja Turtles movies, it's just that the phrase itself that turns me away. I have no idea why, it just does.

I hate that phrase too. It reminds me too much of anime.

I kinda want to see TMNT for nostalgic reasons, but I'm scared.

Anya82
03-22-2007, 11:11 PM
guess the anorexia/bulimia trend reached the turtles too. :rolleyes: They seem way more slimmer.

Stranger With Candy
03-22-2007, 11:23 PM
guess the anorexia/bulimia trend reached the turtles too. :rolleyes: They seem way more slimmer.

They have gone slimer after every movie thought.

And back on topic. I am going to se the movie next week. I have been a hardcore TMNT fan ever since i was little.

nieh
03-23-2007, 06:34 AM
I kinda want to see TMNT for nostalgic reasons, but I'm scared.

If we go together and I hold you during the scenes with the monsters would that make it better?

Paint_It_Black
03-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Yes, yes it would.

Pick me up at 8?

ninthlayer
03-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Because that's the only possible explanation, right?

Llamas
03-23-2007, 03:32 PM
I don't think this is any scarier than seeing the new Batman. I was as attached to the first Batman movies as I was to Ninja Turtles... I was disappointed in the new Batman in some ways, but because it was Batman, I still loved it. I want to see this movie really badly, and I doubt I'll be disappointed.

ninthlayer
03-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Batman Begins was waaaay better than the old Batman movies (and it still threw the classic "I'm Batman" in).

Holy shit. It's Morpheus.

Llamas
03-23-2007, 03:42 PM
I grew up in love with the original Batmans, and watched them over and over... it's impossible for me to like another Batman movie more.

ninthlayer
03-23-2007, 03:53 PM
You have really shitty taste in a lot of things buddy.

Grabbal
03-23-2007, 03:59 PM
Hell yeah Brianna! I used to watch Batman a lot when I was younger too (along with Jurassic Park). I'd say the best one is the original though.

nieh
03-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Yes, yes it would.

Pick me up at 8?
I'll be there. I hope the monsters are there in every scene.

I grew up in love with the original Batmans, and watched them over and over... it's impossible for me to like another Batman movie more.

I still think Batman Returns was great. It's been too long since I've seen the original to say how I feel about that one though. Batman Begins was really good but there were some things that irked me about it, Christian Bale's Batman voice being the main one.

Llamas
03-23-2007, 04:17 PM
still think Batman Returns was great. It's been too long since I've seen the original to say how I feel about that one though. Batman Begins was really good but there were some things that irked me about it, Christian Bale's Batman voice being the main one.

I'm not a big fan of Christian Bale... so his voice naturally bothered me. I also thought the Batmobile was incredibly lame in every way. I also thought it was overly dramatic. It was good, and I wasn't disappointed, but I still love the originals. I think the first one was great, and I've seen it a bit more recently (couple years, I think).

Venom Symbiote
03-23-2007, 05:42 PM

You're an idiot. Burton didn't get Batman in any way, shape, or form. Fuck that goth-revisionist fucker. Burton's movies honestly weren't much better than the horrible Schumacher films to follow. I suppose you liked the retarded Joker and Penguin interpretations, and the stupid-as-fuck yellow circle logo on the suit? The weak story? The pussy noir visual design?

Although, as miscast as Keaton was, I think he did a fucking amazing portrayal, as good as could be expected seeing as he was totally the wrong guy for the role. And Catwoman was pretty-much perfect in Returns, Pfeiffer did such an amazing job in that role.

Yeah, Begins wasn't perfect (a few minor-character casting fuck-ups, and Gotham didn't seem fucked over enough for my likings, they pussified it a bit, but this is pre-Joker so I guess it works), but it was more 90% perfect as opposed to Burton's, oh, 15%. The Dark Knight will fix all the first film's inadequacies, especially with the almost-confirmed suit change mid-way through, to the gray-and-black fabricy look. Ledger as Joker I'm not so sold on, but hey, this is Christopher Nolan - he'll make that shit work, and work well.

I'll leave the TMNT reply for later, since they were basically my Gods as a 6 year old and I might want to type a little more, which I'm too fucking lazy to after the extensive Batman "fuck you" reply.

ninthlayer
03-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Oh look, it's Venom being insightful again.

Venom Symbiote
03-23-2007, 09:21 PM
Sarcasm...?

Paint_It_Black
03-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Kiss and make up guys, you both agree that Batman Begins is better than the original. You're practically soul mates.

EDIT: Oooh, nice ninja edit there Venom. Did you decide Ninth isn't a knobface after all?

ninthlayer
03-23-2007, 09:26 PM
I may be archaic, but what the fuck is a knobface?

Paint_It_Black
03-23-2007, 09:30 PM
I'd assume it's someone with the astoundingly good/bad luck to have a male appendage attached to their facial area.

ninthlayer
03-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Important question: would I be able to place the aforementioned member into my mouf?

Venom Symbiote
03-23-2007, 10:20 PM
Yep. I am ninja, you can't see me. ;) :p

But yeah, just figured I couldn't be bothered with a half-assed string of insult posts. Might as well ignore it and settle for the Burton-ridiculing.

Paint_It_Black
03-23-2007, 11:03 PM
Important question: would I be able to place the aforementioned member into my mouf?

Unknown, hence the good/bad luck.

nieh
03-24-2007, 07:45 PM
I saw it tonight. It was good but it needed more Vanilla Ice.

JohnnyNemesis
03-24-2007, 08:36 PM
It was good but it needed more Vanilla Ice.

That applies to life in general, though.

Lodat225
03-25-2007, 05:39 AM
I saw it tonight. It was good but it needed more Vanilla Ice.

Yeah, i saw it too. It was all i wanted, and then some. The CGI action was very well done. The story line was alright, etc.

nieh
03-25-2007, 07:21 PM
That applies to life in general, though.

He's playing in Allentown, PA in like 3 weeks. I totally have to go.