PDA

View Full Version : Might we be hearing new any new song soon?

Mutrix
03-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Hi people. Do you think there's any possibility of The Offspring come out with a new song during the Summer Sonic Festival in Japan? Once they used to distribute songs for the fans by the internet (Co1)... At Splinter time they showed us some demos of the new material... now, we know 10 songs are finished, so could we hope for some new material soon? I don't know if they ever
showed up something new during concerts, but sometimes they suprise us playing songs from other bands, or playing their own songs that would be never expected, as Pay the Man. So it is, let's pray so that the concert in Japan just don't be regular, the more irregular it comes, the more we'll know 'bout the current band spirit.

EDIT: Sorry for the confusion in the title ("...new any new..."), but I think I can't fix it.

Grabbal
03-23-2007, 11:16 AM
I really don't want any songs out even if they give em out before the new album. I just wanna hear all new songs when the album comes out.

H1T_That
03-23-2007, 11:41 AM
I really don't want any songs out even if they give em out before the new album. I just wanna hear all new songs when the album comes out.

I generally agree.

Marco
03-23-2007, 11:52 AM
I hope the album will be out BEFORE Summersonic...

F@ BANKZ
03-23-2007, 12:24 PM
I wouldn't mind a single before the album, but otherwise i wouldn't listen to any other song that is out beforew the album.

Peedr
03-23-2007, 02:37 PM
I wouldn't mind a single before the album, but otherwise i wouldn't listen to any other song that is out beforew the album.Same here. I would like to hear the first single and then wait to listen the whole new album the day of it's release.

nameless
03-23-2007, 07:28 PM
im not really bothered if the choose to play unreleased songs or not, at least we know the album will be out sometime this year!

Powerh
03-23-2007, 07:47 PM
yep... i know it's kind of frustration....but i think i will buy the album to hear all the songs..it's better...

I don't wanna to download offspring songs by internet (like i did for CO1), i think it's something irrespectable for the band and dissapointed for us...
by internet, we consum the songs too quickly like fastfood music...and i think excitation is better when we have to savour each song with an complete album !

we want the CD ! with their set list ! with the booklet ! we want the Official Stuff !!:D :cool:

Bazza
03-23-2007, 09:55 PM
I've waited a few years for an album, so what's a few more months? i'm really not bothered. I just hope that if they do release a song early that it's a decent one, and won't discourage me from buying the album (although I most likely will either way).

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
03-24-2007, 12:39 AM
I don't know but i feel like i'll cry if the songs leak on the internet before it's released. maybe Offspring should make this new album copy-protected, who agree's?

RageAndLov
03-25-2007, 05:44 AM
I don't know but i feel like i'll cry if the songs leak on the internet before it's released. maybe Offspring should make this new album copy-protected, who agree's?

i do not agree. the offspring says they supports file sharing, so why would they suddenly not?

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
03-25-2007, 06:16 AM
i do not agree. the offspring says they supports file sharing, so why would they suddenly not?

So that their CD doesn't leak before it's released! :eek:

F@ BANKZ
03-25-2007, 06:22 AM
To be honest i'm not convinced that their acclaimed support of file sharing wasn't just a publicity stunt and a move to keep people thinking "God arn't they cool" then again it could well just be the record companies telling them what to do.

Thomas
03-25-2007, 07:37 AM
I think we should have just one single before this new album comes out. If it does leak, then I probably won't download it until I get a hard copy of the album.

And I really don't think they will care if the album leaks. Hell, they tried "leaking" Conspiracy of One before it came out, and the record company wouldn't let them.

Jack-UK
03-25-2007, 10:10 AM
One single would be good.. its gonna be a double album right..? or am i just dreaming that i read that somewhere...

Thomas
03-25-2007, 10:56 AM
Yeah. You are dreaming.

DefaultNinja
03-25-2007, 11:30 AM
If Pass Me By got leaked, then i'd probably have to listen to it. Though I suspect the album will be leaked a week or so prior to it's release anyway..

goonadie1day
03-25-2007, 12:07 PM
One single would be good.. its gonna be a double album right..? or am i just dreaming that i read that somewhere...

Im not going to lie... that would be sweet!

F@ BANKZ
03-25-2007, 01:27 PM
It would be sweet but it's not going to happen: maybe next time.

ZagmenO
03-25-2007, 03:46 PM
Well, I for one would definitely jump in on the opportunity to hear a leaked demo.

TheOldMark
03-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Hi people. Do you think there's any possibility of The Offspring come out with a new song during the Summer Sonic Festival in Japan? Once they used to distribute songs for the fans by the internet (Co1)... At Splinter time they showed us some demos of the new material... now, we know 10 songs are finished, so could we hope for some new material soon? I don't know if they ever
showed up something new during concerts, but sometimes they suprise us playing songs from other bands, or playing their own songs that would be never expected, as Pay the Man. So it is, let's pray so that the concert in Japan just don't be regular, the more irregular it comes, the more we'll know 'bout the current band spirit.

EDIT: Sorry for the confusion in the title ("...new any new..."), but I think I can't fix it.

they will play one or two new songs, yes. the album will be finished by then, the single might even be out.
when i saw them play camden a few weeks before spliters release, they played Hit That and CGMHAY. if you go you will probably be the first to hear it unless theyre funneled to us again, before the show, like the splinter songs were.