PDA

View Full Version : im sorry i killed you lol

Paint_It_Black
03-25-2007, 11:12 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070325/ap_on_re_us/picture_sentence

BARTOW, Fla. - A judge has ordered a man who pleaded guilty to vehicular homicide to display a large picture of the victim in his home after serving two years in prison.
ADVERTISEMENT
click here

Circuit Judge Robert Doyel said Friday that the picture must be at least 2 feet wide and displayed prominently. It also must include lettering that says: 'I'm sorry I killed you.'

Arthur Pierce, 31, was racing with his cousin on a busy street when they caused an accident that killed 17-year-old Chelsi Gregory, authorities said. Witnesses told police Pierce was swerving in traffic at about 120 mph when his Cadillac collided with a pickup in which Gregory was a passenger.

A prosecutor also said alcohol was a factor in the crash. Pierce's cousin, Christopher Pierce, is set to be sentenced April 5.

An advocate for Mothers Against Drunk Driving requested the photograph be part of Pierce's sentence, according to The Ledger of Lakeland newspaper.

The judge said that Pierce's probation officer will be allowed to search his home at any time, and if the photograph is not displayed, it will be considered a probation violation.

An advocate for Mothers Against Drunk Driving requested the photograph be part of Pierce's sentence

I wonder what the other parts of the sentence are. Timeout perhaps? Stand in the corner? Maybe they could send him to bed without his supper?

I hear the Fathers Against Drunk Driving are considering taking off their belts.

Discuss how crazy this is.

How long do you think it's going to be before someone calls cruel and unusual on this?

ninthlayer
03-25-2007, 11:14 PM
I'd just fap to it and be all "Lololo, in yo' face justice system!"

T-6005
03-25-2007, 11:15 PM
Articles like this are like reality TV for judges.

All trying to top each other in the ridiculous sentences department.

Judge 1: lol i made a guy eat pasta for rape
Judge 2: lol i filmed a guy after i passed sentence called the video sandbox and put it online

Paint_It_Black
03-25-2007, 11:15 PM
Suddenly I find myself wondering who gets to choose the picture. That could be fun.

ninthlayer
03-25-2007, 11:19 PM
Wait, it also says nothing in the sentencing about him not being allowed to graffiti the picture. The possibilities are endless.

goonadie1day
03-25-2007, 11:20 PM
Thats really fucked up...

Offtopic:

There was a judge in NE that gave a childmolester probation because 'he was too short to survive prison'

thats how fucked up the "justice system" is

further more

how do the parents of the girl feel about it?

ninthlayer
03-25-2007, 11:26 PM
Who cares? Fuck that girl's parents.

Paint_It_Black
03-25-2007, 11:43 PM
how do the parents of the girl feel about it?

Not great, the judge ordered them to put a huge picture of her in their living room with the phrase "I'm sorry we let you ride in a pickup". That judge is merciless.

Wait, it also says nothing in the sentencing about him not being allowed to graffiti the picture. The possibilities are endless.

You gotta start with the goatee. It's a classic.

ninthlayer
03-26-2007, 12:27 AM
Probation Officer walks in and finds something like this:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b46/penguinfites/irdedz.jpg

And there's ejaculate all over the walls/floor around the photo.

Paint_It_Black
03-26-2007, 02:21 AM
Ohmygod yes.

Nina
03-26-2007, 03:34 AM
I've never heard of anything similar before. Maybe he was an exception because his sense of guilt was so out of function that they had no other solution. But I doubt there's a reason for this that would make it seem useful to me. I doubt that guy cares :/

Paint_It_Black
03-26-2007, 03:48 AM
If he didn't care already then a picture isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference. If he does care then the picture is pretty fucking cruel. So either way it's dumb.

It's probably more about making MADD happy than anything else.

wheelchairman
03-26-2007, 04:09 AM
I thought judges were restricted to certain forms of punishment. This is completely out of line, MADD doesn't belong in the justice system.

Endymion
03-26-2007, 08:52 AM
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa070325_mo_deathspot.173d9f69.html

Teen killed at same spot friend died

04:54 PM CDT on Sunday, March 25, 2007

Associated Press

WEST WARWICK, R.I. - A teenager was killed by a hit-and-run driver at the same spot where his 14-year-old friend had died in a car crash just hours earlier.

Andrew Coit, 18, was hit by a car after 4 a.m. Saturday as he played a guitar at a makeshift memorial to Darien Plass, 14, on West Warwick's Main Street. Plass died after driving his mother's minivan into a utility pole late Friday, friends of both teenagers told the Providence Journal.

"He wanted to play one last song for (Plass), and that was the last time anyone saw him. He loved singing. He died doing what he loved doing," said Coit's friend, Dennis Sullivan.

Plass' friends said he had been drinking and took his mother's minivan without her knowledge. Coit and other friends set up the memorial.

Sullivan told the newspaper the mourners remained at the memorial until about 4 a.m., but Coit stayed behind to play one more song for Plass by himself.

Minutes later, police received a call of a man down, and an ambulance crew found Coit on the sidewalk. He was pronounced dead at a hospital.

"He died pretty much instantly. He did not suffer," Alan Coit said of his son.

Police were searching for the hit-and-run driver who hit Coit, said Detective Sgt. James Tiernan.

Lizardus
03-26-2007, 10:47 AM
A teenager was killed by a hit-and-run driver at the same spot where his 14-year-old friend had died in a car crash just hours earlier.
It was suicide.

Jakebert
03-26-2007, 01:11 PM
Suicide and stupidity are not the same thing.

Wait. I retract that statement.

0r4ng3
03-26-2007, 01:51 PM
This reminds me of that story of that murderer who was sentenced to send a Christmas card to the victim's family every year.

Cruel? Probably not. Unusual? Most definitely.

Jakebert
03-26-2007, 02:14 PM
That one makes the least sense out of all of them. I don't see why the family would want a Christmas card from the killer, or why that would punish the killer. Writing a Christmas card takes like 5 minutes.

Nina
03-26-2007, 02:23 PM
I'd rip the card to pieces, wipe my ass with it and then set it on fire.
wtf.

T-6005
03-26-2007, 02:52 PM
I'd rip the card to pieces, wipe my ass with it and then set it on fire.
wtf.
Wiping your ass with your family member's killer's card?

There's a little something odd there. I think it's performing a personal act like that with something of the killer's.

Nina
03-26-2007, 02:53 PM
How so? I wouldnt appriciate that card at all. I'd despise it.

Paint_It_Black
03-26-2007, 08:06 PM
This reminds me of that story of that murderer who was sentenced to send a Christmas card to the victim's family every year.

Cruel? Probably not. Unusual? Most definitely.

I'd be all like Merry Christmas *insert name of whole family* and just cross off the one you killed. Fun times.

T-6005
03-26-2007, 09:55 PM
How so? I wouldnt appriciate that card at all. I'd despise it.
Well, obviously. I just meant taking the time to actually do something to the card.

Lizardus
03-26-2007, 10:58 PM
I'd be all like Merry Christmas *insert name of whole family* and just cross off the one you killed. Fun times.

More like:

Dear family xxxxx:

How's your son?

Oh! That's right, I killed him!
HA HA HA!
No son!

Sincerely:

xxxxx

Paint_It_Black
03-27-2007, 12:51 AM
That's just too obvious. Nothing like a dash of subtlety when ruining the lives of an entire family.

RickyCrack
03-27-2007, 02:07 AM
Merry Christmas from Prison,

Things are going great here. Yesterday during mess hall, Stingray told this hilarious joke about a Racists Skinhead and a Child Molester. I forget the punch line though, anyways, it was hilarious. Switchblade and Rapebait finally got married. I guess we all knew it was inevitable once Rapebait got diagnosed with terminal aids. I repented to Islam earlier this year.

xoxox,
merry x-mas, lol :)

Jakebert
03-27-2007, 04:39 AM
There's so much win there that I think I might have win poisoning.

H1T_That
03-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Not great, the judge ordered them to put a huge picture of her in their living room with the phrase "I'm sorry we let you ride in a pickup". That judge is merciless.

You gotta start with the goatee. It's a classic.

This is amazing

Probation Officer walks in and finds something like this:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b46/penguinfites/irdedz.jpg

And there's ejaculate all over the walls/floor around the photo.

This is one step further than amazing.