PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassed of your knowledge?

Nina
03-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Are you ever embarrassed because you feel like you dont know things you should be knowing about?

I have a huge problem with politics and history. They are both interesting subjects, but I just dont know anything about it. I forget historical facts incredibly easily and dont understand politics. I studied both subjects in school a lot (and my school did value knowledge in both subjects) but...nothing I learned is there anymore.

I am specificly embarrassed about not knowing anything about Persian history. It's so incredibly interesting, yet I dont know shit. I guess I'll have to wiki a few (hunnnddrreedd) pages and catch up.

Do you feel the same way about anything? Anything you always wanted to know more about but never really had the time to look into?

Whiplash
03-27-2007, 03:07 PM
I fail at math, It sucks, But i'm really really good at history. I used to know more then my teacher, good times good times.

calichix
03-27-2007, 03:08 PM
not until I meet people who are embarrassed about things like not knowing about persian history. cause normally I don't take into consideration that I don't know anything about persian history except for what I know about persian war elephants. ty, discovery channel.

Whiplash
03-27-2007, 03:13 PM
I am specificly embarrassed about not knowing anything about Persian history. It's so incredibly interesting, yet I dont know shit. I guess I'll have to wiki a few (hunnnddrreedd) pages and catch up.

Greek history and mythology is much much more intersting, even roman history is more interesting. But to each his own;)

Nina
03-27-2007, 03:17 PM
That was such an annoying comment.
I know you just claimed you know a lot about history, but I dont believe you when you say the above as if you actually know it all.

0r4ng3
03-27-2007, 03:18 PM
I actually don't know much about anything. It's funny because people think I'm so smart and stuff.

Jakebert
03-27-2007, 03:20 PM
I suck at math and computers.

I basically get straight A's in school, except for the fact that I usually get C's and D's in math classes. It annoys the hell out of me, too.

I spend a lot of time on teh internetz, but I know almost nothing about computers other than the basics that everyone knows. Which is bad because most of my close friends are very computer-literate.

Grabbal
03-27-2007, 03:22 PM
I wish I knew more about politics so that I could be a part of the discussions in the politics part of the forum (even though I hate it).

And math is a big problem for me and always has been since high school. I just can't concentrate when I'm working with math.

Tizzalicious
03-27-2007, 03:23 PM
I have the same problem with history. I'd like to know more, but I just don't know where to start.

Paint_It_Black
03-27-2007, 03:23 PM
It's funny because people think I'm so smart and stuff.

Don't take it personally, they also assume you can't drive and have a small penis.

Nina
03-27-2007, 03:24 PM
I spend a lot of time on teh internetz, but I know almost nothing about computers other than the basics that everyone knows. Which is bad because most of my close friends are very computer-literate.

Oh yes, I agree with that too. I need someone to explain to me that shit. If someone did, I'd understand it immediatelly. But I am too lazy to look it all up myself. It's too much work, as one of my nerd friends has stated (I believe him).

0r4ng3
03-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Don't take it personally, they also assume you can't drive and have a small penis.
Well yeah, but I've never actually driven or taken lessons or anything like that.

Oh...oh wait. I get it.

Edit: What does my anatomy have anything to do with what I know?

Paint_It_Black
03-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Edit: What does my anatomy have anything to do with what I know?

Maybe not much now, but give it time young one.

wheelchairman
03-27-2007, 03:35 PM
I know little of the break up of the former Yugoslavia, and it's something I should know. And it's embarrassing that I really only admitted that I should know something about this earlier today.

HornyPope
03-27-2007, 03:41 PM
It's all about how interested you are in the subject. I genuily enjoy history books like people enjoy Hairy Potter so it's fairly easy to retain this information without having to turn into a study process.

If you want to learn about Persia, start with an easy book, something aimed at juniors preferably. Those books are good because they get the point accross in most simplest terms. From there, you can try something more complicated.

Llamas
03-27-2007, 03:42 PM
I don't really know much about anything (like jesse). I'm used to it, though, so it doesn't really bother me too much.

Maleficent
03-27-2007, 04:14 PM
I don't see why you're embarassed...I don't know much about politics either..as a matter of fact, I know so little about politics that I often vote for who my dad tells me to (ok well let's say he 'suggests' lol)

But since I major in translation, I passed the admission exam (french and english comprehension)
and the few points I usually lose in essays are spelling mistakes...

there is something you're good at, be proud of that instead of being ashamed of what you're not that good at :)

Venom Symbiote
03-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Yeah, I suck at math/science/computers, basically anything that requires hardcore logic.

I aced the hippie art type subjects in school, art/music/english/graphic design (manual, not computer) etc, but everything else was t3h horrible.

RickyCrack
03-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I suck at math/science/computers, basically anything that requires hardcore logic.

I aced the hippie art type subjects in school, art/music/english/graphic design (manual, not computer) etc, but everything else was t3h horrible.

Hippies were too lazy to write/draw/do anything. The beats were the ones that took over those forms. Also I'm embarassed that I know Venom.

T-6005
03-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Practically everything I've ever done. I retain knowledge fairly well and I'm interested in a wide variety of subjects. I simply lack the will or inclination to immerse myself farther in the subject than I am made to.

Llamas
03-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Hippies were too lazy to write/draw/do anything. The beats were the ones that took over those forms. Also I'm embarassed that I know Venom.

Your AIM profile makes me sadz. :(

All About Eve
03-27-2007, 04:30 PM
You shouldn't be embarassed about not knowing stuff that isn't directly relevant to you. If you're not a history major, why should you know all the intricate details of your country?

H1T_That
03-27-2007, 04:36 PM
I actually don't know much about anything. It's funny because people think I'm so smart and stuff.

Ditto with the exception of the second sentence.

Mota Boy
03-27-2007, 04:37 PM
I make other people embarrassed about their lack of knowledge.

HornyPope
03-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Practically everything I've ever done. I retain knowledge fairly well and I'm interested in a wide variety of subjects. I simply lack the will or inclination to immerse myself farther in the subject than I am made to.

There is nothing wrong with that.

Take a look at your uni's library. It's stacked with thousands of average-to-good books from graduates and professional writers. It's nothing special, it's just years of itense studying. I don't want to say it's easy because to be consistent is to be focused and focus is very hard (dull, too), but knowledge is overated. Don't go that way (trying to be knowledgable) unless you really want it.

sKratch
03-27-2007, 04:45 PM
I'm often embarrassed by knowing random information that people give me weird looks for.

Anya82
03-27-2007, 05:04 PM
Same as you Nina, politics and history.
But also... Chemistry, Physics.
I used to be a top student with those areas, and I like them much. Those were my fave subjects in school. But I've forgotten a lot of them. :(

endlesst0m
03-27-2007, 05:04 PM
Good God, I swear it takes me about three minutes to forget new information. I'm really interested in debating and critical thinking, but I never have enough facts to back up my argument, or often times even make an argument.It seems that unless I come across information that seems directly relevant to my life, it goes in one ear and out the other. I know a lot of people who aren't exceptional thinkers, but retain a lot of knowledge and get great grades. I think I'm an excellent thinker, but I pretty much don't know jack shit about anything, because I can't retain information. It fucking sucks!

HornyPope
03-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Same as you Nina, politics and history.
But also... Chemistry, Physics.
I used to be a top student with those areas, and I like them much. Those were my fave subjects in school. But I've forgotten a lot of them. :(

That's because you're not smart. You, like a lot of other people who belong to your category, only do well in school because you actually worked. But it's okay, what matters is you're a good person.

I think I'm an excellent thinker, but I pretty much don't know jack shit about anything, because I can't retain information. It fucking sucks!

Are you high often?

endlesst0m
03-27-2007, 05:57 PM
Are you high often?

Somewhat often. In the summer, I usually smoke about 4-5 times a week with some breaks. But during the school year, I smoke a lot less. I'm pretty sure my memory was negatively impacted by pot, but I don't think pot is mostly to blame...I've always been like this.

I distinctly remember that I had to look up the word "apprehended" about 4 times before it's meaning stuck with me. I just kept seeing it, then I would realize I STILL didn't know what it meant, so I would have to look it up again. Things like this happen to me A LOT.

WebDudette
03-27-2007, 06:00 PM
The only thing I recall at the moment is that I could never remeber any street names in my area or where they were. But alot of people around me already had most of that stuff memorized. Now I know most of that stuff so it's all good. Also, I feel I should be able to explain myself easier. When I talk to people I know exactly what I want to say I just don't know how to say it. It really, really pisses me off.

More often I am embarassed at the things I do know.

loud_noises!
03-27-2007, 06:07 PM
I'd love to learn more about music, history, politics...etc.

However, I don't really have much drive to want to learn more about some things.
...That and I'm lazy.

I also hate buying books and shit because I know I'm just going to think
about reading it. Like I said before...I'm lazy.:(

wheelchairman
03-27-2007, 06:14 PM
I never understood the decision to not learn more. I always hated it when people talked about things I didn't know.

The decision to stay ignorant, it's just weird.

Twinkle
03-27-2007, 07:47 PM
I have trouble with history. I'm easily flustered, since names, events, and dates always seem to escape me when I need them. However, my intelligence in English, and all other subjects makes up for my lack of knowlege in history.

Rag Doll
03-27-2007, 08:28 PM
I know very little about science/math/computers/etc. Doesn't bother me much, though.

The only thing that really bothers me is my lack of knowledge of political theory. I have taken one class on classical medieval political theory and currently enrolled in another on international relations theory. i'm not really interested in either, it just bothers me that for some reason i can never remember any of it...probably because it doesn't interest me.

Dr.evil
03-27-2007, 08:37 PM
i suck at english and other languages... speaking of that im actualy typin this in 1 of mi viet classes(SUPOSEDLY im reserching the vietnam war) but im good at almoast everything else

endlesst0m
03-27-2007, 09:42 PM
I never understood the decision to not learn more. I always hated it when people talked about things I didn't know.

Easy for you to say. You're one of those people that knows things. Chirst, I would say that too if I was one of those people that knows things. I mean, you don't think we WANT to know things?You don't think we TRY to know things. Hahaha...some knowledge just won't fucking go into my mind no matter what I do. I'm high now, I was talking about that earlier in the thread. Now I'm high though.

Endymion
03-27-2007, 10:08 PM
i generally get miffed that i don't know more about a few areas of math (category theory, modern algebra, real & complex analysis, topology, etc). other than that i'm fairly comfortable with my current level of knowledge.

sKratch
03-27-2007, 10:32 PM
lolz i'm taking topology and modern algebra next semester

double major physics BS math BA ftw!

Endymion
03-27-2007, 10:43 PM
i'm studying some measure theory now but it's not enough :(

Betty
03-28-2007, 02:02 AM
I make other people embarrassed about their lack of knowledge.

Yeah, fuck you.

Actually, my lack of knowledge is one of the biggest deals to me, I'm almost obsessive at times. I kinda actually know a little bit about everything, but I don't know nearly enough about anything, especially current affairs/politics/history/that sorta shit. This is especially true because I am studying chemistry, of all things that nobody could possibly ever care about. Even more specifically I study the field of magnetism, that not even other chemists know anything about.

The biggest problem though is the fact that I can't retain information. I've learned a LOT. I've read at least a little. But it doesn't matter, cause I'm not able to recall any of it specifically enough when I want to. Which is a really shitty quality to have for a conversationalist. I want to be an interesting conversationalist so that interesting people will want to be in the presence of my company. Because I want to be in theirs. I think the only way to do that is to read constantly, so that even if I forget stuff, I'll at least have new things fresh on my mind all the time. But all I do is read journal articles about some mind-numbingly pointless experiment, so it doesn't really work out.

Sigh...

Vera
03-28-2007, 02:35 AM
I don't really get embarrassed because nobody can know everything and I must say my search for knowledge is terribly sporadic.

What I have a problem with is the difference between being aware of your ignorance and being aware of it, but reluctant to show it. Now, nobody wants to look stupid but I'd rather have people ask me about stuff I know than have them talk about it while not knowing shit about it. Like this one time an Aussie tried to tell me Finns speak Flemish. I was like "Er, that's not true" and she was like "Are you sure? I always hear people say that in Finland they speak Flemish."

So when somebody talks to me about something I don't know about, what I want to do is ask them questions to make sure the next time I talk about it, I'm more knowledged and have a general idea about it. Instead of being all "OH YAH HERE'S WHAT I THINK BLAH BLAH BLAH".

Does that make any sense?

I'm always embarrassed over my lack of knowledge of Indian history, though. I know the basics but not much in-depth stuff, except for a certain bunch of events and the current situation somewhat.

Nina
03-28-2007, 02:55 AM
there is something you're good at, be proud of that instead of being ashamed of what you're not that good at :)

Hmm..but why? I want to improve as a person. Just focusing at what you're good at and ignoring the rest usually means you wont develope much as a person.

Yeah, that!

You shouldn't be embarassed about not knowing stuff that isn't directly relevant to you. If you're not a history major, why should you know all the intricate details of your country?

Oh I see what you mean. But Persia is relevant to me because that's my ancestry. And with "I dont know anything" I mean I REALLY dont know anything. I dont want to know the details, as I wouldnt be able to memorize them anyway. But I want to know the basic history of Persia.

The biggest problem though is the fact that I can't retain information. I've learned a LOT. I've read at least a little. But it doesn't matter, cause I'm not able to recall any of it specifically enough when I want to.

Story of my life. Even about subjects I am HIGHLY interested in. I have to train my memory somehow. Suggestions, anyone?

the_GoDdEsS
03-28-2007, 03:02 AM
It's pretty normal to forget things you learnt at school. Unless the information is relevant to you or you're constantly in touch with it.

Generally I stay out of topics I know nothing about and if I am interested in it or I think it's relevant to me, I just read up on it. We're human, we're constantly learning even when we're out of school.

Tizzalicious
03-28-2007, 03:06 AM
What I have a problem with is the difference between being aware of your ignorance and being aware of it, but reluctant to show it. Now, nobody wants to look stupid but I'd rather have people ask me about stuff I know than have them talk about it while not knowing shit about it. Like this one time an Aussie tried to tell me Finns speak Flemish. I was like "Er, that's not true" and she was like "Are you sure? I always hear people say that in Finland they speak Flemish."

So when somebody talks to me about something I don't know about, what I want to do is ask them questions to make sure the next time I talk about it, I'm more knowledged and have a general idea about it. Instead of being all "OH YAH HERE'S WHAT I THINK BLAH BLAH BLAH".

Does that make any sense?

YES that makes sense. I don't mind stupid people, but I do mind stupid people who think they are smart. Or who try to pretend they are smart.

Zeall
03-28-2007, 04:17 AM
Warning, wall of text below:

Hmm..but why? I want to improve as a person. Just focusing at what you're good at and ignoring the rest usually means you wont develope much as a person.

I think the point was that when you learn something, if you feel proud of it instead of thinking you haven't learned enough, you will be in a better state of mind and in turn will want to learn more about it. In the end it's all up to what motivates a person.

I'm never embarrassed about what i know and what i don't. Things like when someone uses a word that i've never heard before, i ask them straight away what it means then try to include it in my vocabulary later to get a better feel for the word, and when too use it etc.

When i want to learn about history from Wikipedia, i start at a place i know then work backwards until i start to get an understanding of the situation. For example, for your Persian history, i would start with King Xerxes because that is the only King i know. I would start by reading about him, where he was born, how he became king, and if there are any places i don't know like "King Xerxes fought in the battle of..." then i would finish reading about Xerxes, move on to that battle, and then follow any links in that battle page to other places i don't know and eventually the cycle will come back to Xerxes again.

A good way to study is to plan rewards for when you complete tasks like "If i learn this, then i'll treat myself to this."

i hope this wasn't too confusing :)

(As you may be able to tell, i use too many commas in my posts which is something i need to work on, are there any other grammar mistakes i'm making?)

killer_queen
03-28-2007, 04:20 AM
Every time people talk about something that I know nothing about I get embarrassed. And angry. Probably because I'm a jealous person but I really love learning new things. And when I don't I feel useless.

I'm especially embarrassed about not knowing about the politics of my country. I mean, for God's sake, it's my own fucking country and I do not know a single thing about it. I do try to learn some stuff but when it comes to politics I think you should start from the beginning, the basics. I could watch the news properly and read a few popular books about armenian genocide and stuff. I know it would make me look fucking smart and there wouldn't be a lot of people who could tell the difference but I don't care about how I look. I know, you can't believe it but it's true. Learning takes time and there's no need to hurry since I'm just 17. I shouldn't be embarrassed. Neither should you.

Zeall
03-28-2007, 04:35 AM
Every time people talk about something that I know nothing about I get embarrassed. And angry. Probably because I'm a jealous person but I really love learning new things. And when I don't I feel useless.

May i ask that when you try to learn something and it doesn't stick, do you get angry then too?

killer_queen
03-28-2007, 04:44 AM
Well, that never happened to me. As I said before, I always start with basics so I don't have to deal with tons of terms that I've never heard of. And...well, there's nothing I can do for making this sound modest but..I'm smart. I understand almost everything as long as it's written in my native language and don't forget them.
Oh man, I thought I loved bragging but it's so hard to say this.

Zeall
03-28-2007, 05:00 AM
And...well, there's nothing I can do for making this sound modest but..I'm smart.

I like it when people tell the truth, it's better than being shy. Most people here are probably intelligent in subjects that they enjoy. Be proud

I'm good at computing/networking etc. but i still come across things i don't know about, several times Endimion/The Talking Pie/Tijs has corrected something i have said in the "computer help" topic and i'm appreciative of that because i learn from what they have put.

What i would suggest is that instead of getting angry, just ask them about it. I doubt they'd be bad about it and tell you to eff-off (if they did, people like that don't deserve to be asked questions) If you are as smart as you say then you should have no problems picking it up quickly :)

killer_queen
03-28-2007, 05:11 AM
Haha. Don't worry, I ask. I always ask about things I don't know. I do it so much that some people are sick of my questions. I don't care about looking stupid or ignorant. What I hate is knowing that I'm ignorant.

Paint_It_Black
03-28-2007, 05:30 AM
I mean, for God's sake, it's my own fucking country and I do not know a single thing about it.

The only thing you need to know is where the airport is. I'm waiting.

Zeall
03-28-2007, 05:45 AM
Haha. Don't worry, I ask. I always ask about things I don't know. I do it so much that some people are sick of my questions. I don't care about looking stupid or ignorant. What I hate is knowing that I'm ignorant.

But you're not ignorant (or stupid) because when you do ask questions, you are obviously interested in learning about the subject at hand. Saying someone is ignorent because they don't know something is silly, if the person is repeatedly told and chooses to ignore it, that's when it's ignorent (i used the word ignorent too many times :()

Llamas
03-28-2007, 06:07 AM
Grr most of this thread really gets on my nerves. :-/

Paint_It_Black
03-28-2007, 06:24 AM
Saying someone is ignorent because they don't know something is silly

No, being wrong about something really easy to look up is silly.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ignorant

Take note of the spelling and definition please.

See also: Ironic.

wheelchairman
03-28-2007, 06:34 AM
Easy for you to say. You're one of those people that knows things. Chirst, I would say that too if I was one of those people that knows things. I mean, you don't think we WANT to know things?You don't think we TRY to know things. Hahaha...some knowledge just won't fucking go into my mind no matter what I do. I'm high now, I was talking about that earlier in the thread. Now I'm high though.

Yeah, I was born this way. I was born simply with the knowledge I have now. I didn't bother reading books, researching things, none of that. I was born this way. You fucking retard. If you want to know something, read something. That is what I did. I have a bookcase full of books, because I want to know more. I haven't read them all by far, but they were cheap and on interesting topics so I want to read them someday.

The only thing that really bothers me is my lack of knowledge of political theory. I have taken one class on classical medieval political theory and currently enrolled in another on international relations theory. i'm not really interested in either, it just bothers me that for some reason i can never remember any of it...probably because it doesn't interest me.

I *just* finished a presentation on Neo-liberalism. It was so boring, but interesting enough to read. But I find it interesting. Things that don't interest me, don't embarass me (such as natural sciences.)

Zeall
03-28-2007, 06:40 AM
No, being wrong about something really easy to look up is silly.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ignorant

Take note of the spelling and definition please.

See also: Ironic.

Thanks for the link, i always went by ignorant as being purposefully ignoring oppertunities to learn, not anymore though

Edit: just realised this is a prime example of this topic

Rag Doll
03-28-2007, 07:40 AM
I *just* finished a presentation on Neo-liberalism. It was so boring, but interesting enough to read. But I find it interesting. Things that don't interest me, don't embarass me (such as natural sciences.)

I think I would find it more interesting if my professor used different texts (the IR theory, that is...classical medieval was in no way interesting to me).

I think the reason it bothers me is because it's a part of my major. Like, I'm going to be doing this for the rest of my life, and I know very little about this area of it. You know? bah.

wheelchairman
03-28-2007, 07:49 AM
I think I would find it more interesting if my professor used different texts (the IR theory, that is...classical medieval was in no way interesting to me).

oh I thought it was modern IR theory. So it was like...Machiavelli, Hobbes?

Still sounds pointless from a law degree which I thought you were taking.

Nina
03-28-2007, 10:04 AM
YES that makes sense. I don't mind stupid people, but I do mind stupid people who think they are smart. Or who try to pretend they are smart.

pet peeve alert. (I agree)

Zeall: Thank you for your suggestions (in case they were for me, but it sounded like it), but to be honest, this doesnt work for me. I'm a pretty good "student", I can learn things well (I just cant memorize them all my life....like people like Per who read something up and will remember it forever ;P ); what works for me is to go step by step. I'll look up a timeline first, then I'll pick out the most important stuff and go through it like that until I'm in today's world.

Zeall
03-28-2007, 10:14 AM
pet peeve alert. (I agree)

Zeall: Thank you for your suggestions (in case they were for me, but it sounded like it), but to be honest, this doesnt work for me. I'm a pretty good "student", I can learn things well (I just cant memorize them all my life....like people like Per who read something up and will remember it forever ;P ); what works for me is to go step by step. I'll look up a timeline first, then I'll pick out the most important stuff and go through it like that until I'm in today's world.

No problem, as i said, most people have their own way of learning stuff, it's all a matter of finding the most efficient way for you (mine being the way i stated above) but you really shouldn't be embarrassed. Just know that because someone else is talking about something you don't know much about, there will be times where you'll be discussing something with someone and they'll have no clue about it :)

Rag Doll
03-28-2007, 05:25 PM
oh I thought it was modern IR theory. So it was like...Machiavelli, Hobbes?

Still sounds pointless from a law degree which I thought you were taking.

Ack. I'm being confusing. I took classical medieval theory last semester (plato - around augustine). this semester it is some machiavelli, but it extends to more modern things with jack levy & samuel huntington.

and it is pointless for what i want to do in the future. however, i'm a political science major for undergrad, and required courses are american government, comparative politics, research methods, IR, and political theory. the only one that in any way really related to what i'm doing in the future is american government, because of a focus on the supreme court & the constitution...however, i took that course in high school and placed out of the college version. BAH. sucks.

wheelchairman
03-29-2007, 04:26 AM
Wow, I really don't share your interests at all. :o

Sunny
03-29-2007, 09:57 AM
i have to admit, my geography knowledge is laughable. like.. i have no idea where things are. ha. like half of the US states. or even some countries. ooomg. :/

JoY
03-29-2007, 10:51 AM
well, I can relate to Sanni, a lot, & to what Tizz said about people who pretend to, or think they know a thing or two.. just people in general, who've never bothered & taken the effort to find out what it is they're actually talking about.

but then there are topics I feel like I should know stuff about (like medicine, when I'm only in my second year anyway, or Latin, which I never even was that good at. or acient myths, like Roman & Greek stories, that interest me, but that I never really looked into enough to actually know my shit), that I don't really know all that much about, at least not as much as I would like to know, which is kind of embarrassing... & then there are situations, like Michelle described, in which practical, or theoretical knowledge I once had & things I once knew, that'd come in handy at that exact moment, are just.. lost somewhere in my brain, probably never to turn up again. or just at a very inappropriate time, when I don't really need it anymore.

Whiplash
03-29-2007, 11:33 AM
well, I can relate to Sanni, a lot, & to what Tizz said about people who pretend to, or think they know a thing or two.. just people in general, who've never bothered & taken the effort to find out what it is they're actually talking about.

Wauw, I really thought that post was aimed at me( i know its not). I am that kind of person, I think i know a thing ro two, and i know i know a thing or two. But i never really bother looking things up and stuff.
But i'm not dumb as most of you guy's here think i am.

F@ BANKZ
03-29-2007, 11:38 AM
I have this feeling on afew academic subjecs that require intence thought under pressure as appose to just having ovbious answers: say...RE, foreign languages and Graphics. This is odd though as i am usually a quick thinker, just not in these academic areas.

wheelchairman
03-29-2007, 04:09 PM
Wauw, I really thought that post was aimed at me( i know its not). I am that kind of person, I think i know a thing ro two, and i know i know a thing or two. But i never really bother looking things up and stuff.
But i'm not dumb as most of you guy's here think i am.

Then you know nothing.

HornyPope
03-29-2007, 04:35 PM
Lol Per the elitist. Admit that putting up with stupid people gets tiring very fast.

wheelchairman
03-29-2007, 04:59 PM
I just don't sympathise with people who never bother to confirm what they hold dear. It just becomes so cowardly at some point.

endlesst0m
03-29-2007, 05:48 PM
I came across this kid's blog and thought of this thread. He's only 19 and he's fucking genius. And he's straight edge too.

http://blog.krauselabs.net/

Zeall
03-30-2007, 03:01 AM
I just don't sympathise with people who never bother to confirm what they hold dear. It just becomes so cowardly at some point.

i don't understand, what do you mean?

Whiplash
03-30-2007, 04:41 AM
Then you know nothing.

I know more then you think i do, The things are know arn't relevant in these type's of forums.

wheelchairman
03-30-2007, 04:49 AM
i don't understand, what do you mean?

If you take something as fundamental fact and base your view of the world on it. But you never bother to research it, you're just a coward. Like a christian dropping out of a theology class, or a marxist out of political science.

khaaaaan
03-30-2007, 04:56 AM
I hope you drop out of ps Per.

wheelchairman
03-30-2007, 04:59 AM
Well I've already had it. I'd be dropping out of Planning, Space and Resources. But I've never claimed that I could plan spaces and resources. :p

khaaaaan
03-30-2007, 05:00 AM
You're in the clear then.

Zeall
03-30-2007, 05:06 AM
If you take something as fundamental fact and base your view of the world on it. But you never bother to research it, you're just a coward. Like a christian dropping out of a theology class, or a marxist out of political science.

i understand, thanks

offspringnirvana
03-30-2007, 10:31 AM
Hey guys,

The Offspring played at Katowice 2001 an acoustic version of Dirty Magic. But before they do they play two small riffs. the first one is Metallicas "nothing else matters" but I dont know the second song dexter plays. i think he sings something like "a lonely night" but Im not quite sure about it cuz the quality of that mp3-file isnt that good.
i hope you can help me.

thx

Llamas
03-30-2007, 10:33 AM
...what the fuck?

killer_queen
03-30-2007, 10:34 AM
I think Kurt Cobain was murdered.

the_GoDdEsS
03-30-2007, 10:46 AM
...what the fuck?

Embarrassed of your Offspring knowledge?

Llamas
03-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Yes. :( Who are the Offspring?

Zeall
03-30-2007, 12:25 PM
Yes. :( Who are the Offspring?

they're the tiny little i<3llamas running around, born from the depths of this board

Rocky-girl
04-05-2007, 01:06 PM
yes, I have this feeling sometimes. My history knowledge is awful! I don't know history of all countries even of my own! And it makes me turn red sometimes. I start missing my English, that makes me very sad( There was a time in my life when I didn't know anything about pop-stars.But I can't say that now I know all about them, I just try to be in theme)

BurningSnake
04-05-2007, 01:15 PM
:D don't be sad rocky girl
history is an interesting subject i know im studying them
but the key to learning it is to do lots (lots o lots o lots o lots) o reading u should bring with u a handy history book or a note at all times so when u get some time to kill u should just open the book and......... PRESTO ur learning history

Rocky-girl
04-05-2007, 01:37 PM
:D don't be sad rocky girl

Ok) as I can see you're very good in history)

BurningSnake
04-05-2007, 01:43 PM
:D Well not really.........
I just think history is interesting thats all
the fun thing about it is when i conducted a history investigation on what really happened back then
as u should know the government often changes histories for their own benefits
GOVERNMENT BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Fat Boy Samsam
04-05-2007, 01:53 PM
:D Well not really.........
I just think history is interesting thats all
the fun thing about it is when i conducted a history investigation on what really happened back then
as u should know the government often changes histories for their own benefits
GOVERNMENT BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

I don't think the UK government changes our books.

Generally, England is always the good guy ... and that is pretty accurate still!!!

Duskygrin
04-06-2007, 08:39 AM
Your mind gets burned
With the habits you've learned
But we're the generation that's got to be heard
You're tired of your teachers and your school's a drag
You're not going to end up like your mum and dad

So come on let me entertain you
Let me entertain you
Let me entertain you

Happy Easter (with Robbie Williams)

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgXfjOMusUo

Too bad he doesn't say the "mon cher" in the vid.

& I CAN'T WAIT for The Rolling Stones' gig in Lyon this June. So good to be on holz atm even if it's only for a week. It's gonna be some volcanic week.