PDA

View Full Version : How Your Band should be a more checked out forum.

T-6005
03-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Seriously - there's some good stuff in there.

From the great instruments people own to the unbelievable solos they're willing to put out for us - it's worth checking out. The shitty little bands shouldn't deter you from that, as many as there might be. I'm not the judge of that - I appreciate anything people try even if I don't like it. There's been time put into it and there's talent poured into the works. Check it out and help those people out and who knows, there might just be some improvement and something incredible for your ears to listen to one day.

PS - Discuss.

NDM1
03-28-2007, 06:47 PM
I completly agree with you. There is a lot of good stuff here and a some good musicians that post here once in a while. I know i stopped checking back here and posting stuff because it seems like nobody ever checks the stuff here out anymore.

coke_a_holic
03-28-2007, 06:58 PM
I used to visit this forum constantly until I realized that no matter how many amazing musicians post here and no matter how much great music is given, it just won't attract attention because... well, it's not professional. It's really sad.

Another sad thing about the forum is the amount of people willing to blatantly knock off other bands. Sometimes it's staggering.

But yeah, if more people were to check this, I'd have more incentive to finish recording music I get halfway through, but lose hope with.

Vera
03-29-2007, 02:27 AM
I check here every day!

Kay, jokes aside, I'm probably contributing to the problem myself by not listening to the stuff that folks post here but that's because I'm riddled with the problem that I can't listen everything that's on here and I don't want to hand-pick what I do listen to and if I listen to, I'd want to say something about it, too, but I don't know if I'm capable/willing to critisize etc. It's an issue for me so I just remain a moderating observer.

Maybe you guys should do a "Best of Your Band" type of thread? So that people can avoid the bad bands and get to the really good stuff straight away?

Llamas
03-29-2007, 04:04 AM
This post should have been made in the off topic section.

JoY
03-29-2007, 08:09 AM
I fully agree. this forum contributes more to the site, than most people realise. after all, the Offspring's all about music, so this entire site is all about music & there's nothing I appreciate more than people's own, personal contributions & initiatives to play music themselves, aswell.

Vera
03-29-2007, 11:14 AM
This post should have been made in the off topic section.

Hmm, good thought. I might move it. Unless T-boy opposes to the idea?

T-6005
03-29-2007, 11:20 AM
No, I'm not resistant to the idea.

Vera
03-29-2007, 11:39 AM
C'est le moved, mon amour.

mrconeman
03-29-2007, 12:06 PM
I generally agree.

It's the first sub-section of this forum where I felt comfortable posting, and I still check it every day.

Whiplash
03-29-2007, 12:07 PM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n26/rolfvanegmond/azncat.jpg

Homer
03-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Meh, I still post whatever crap I can come with, but I don't put any effort of going to lengths of working harder to make some new stuff. It seems people don't really take much interest, and I'm part of that problem too. I still look at what bands have to offer, but I don't reply with anything, so... yeah.

killer_queen
03-29-2007, 01:36 PM
I'd check it everyday if the mods of Your Band were posting n00dz everyday.

I don't know, most of the people who post there are making rock, punk and that kind of music. And unfortunately I'm not into that kind of music.

Llamas
03-29-2007, 02:00 PM
Did you ever like the Offspring? Or how did you start posting here?

killer_queen
03-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Yes, I did like the Offspring. I think, I still like them. It's been more than a year since I last listened to their songs, though. I just got sick of the sound of electric guitar and drums. And Dexter Holland's voice.

And I don't remember how and why I started posting here. But I'm glad I did.

Llamas
03-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Gotcha.

By the way, one time you told me you'd make me a "real" kebap. Now, are you going to give me that BEFORE the bomb, or are they the same thing?

Zee
03-30-2007, 08:40 AM
There are some great bands, for example The Knob, Sony is distributing their new album in Finland and that's pretty well done.

wheelchairman
03-30-2007, 08:44 AM
This should be moved to the polls forum.

killer_queen
03-30-2007, 09:43 AM
Gotcha.

By the way, one time you told me you'd make me a "real" kebap. Now, are you going to give me that BEFORE the bomb, or are they the same thing?

No, I'll give it to you after the bomb. Because you won't be able to eat it after the bomb so you won't get fat.

JoY
03-30-2007, 06:00 PM
I'd check it everyday if the mods of Your Band were posting n00dz everyday.

this can't be arranged without the cooperation of a certain moderator.

*pokes Sanni* your turn!