PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto IV

Stranger With Candy
03-29-2007, 02:48 PM
Just 1 hour before the trailer comes now.
http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/
How do you think the game is going to be?

Lodat225
03-29-2007, 02:50 PM
Lame. I'm starting to hate the sandbox genre.

F@ BANKZ
03-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Awesome, fucking awesome, is it true that it's just all the maps since GTAIII put together with a new bit? If so God i'm buying an Xbox just for the game.

Lame. I'm starting to hate the sandbox genre.
Your going to get the angry faces of a lifetime sonny.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Lodat225
03-29-2007, 02:55 PM
I'll buy the game, though. I don't know if i'll enjoy it though.

Grabbal
03-29-2007, 03:00 PM
They said it's gonna be a totally new experience so I'm probably gonna watch it out of curiousity.

F@ BANKZ
03-29-2007, 03:01 PM
I'll buy the game, though. I don't know if i'll enjoy it though.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

God i love GTA i've been on San Andreas just earlier this eavening, hell i've even done the original:eek:

Edit: crap Grabbel you seem to post just before i do every bloody day.

Grabbal
03-29-2007, 03:07 PM
Edit: crap Grabbel you seem to post just before i do every bloody day.

Why is that a bad thing??

Forza
03-29-2007, 03:17 PM
Always been a fan of the series. But San Andreas with all the hood and rnb stuff sucked. Got enough of that on MTV already. Hope next game is more like Liberty City, or better, like GTA2.

mrconeman
03-29-2007, 03:20 PM
I'll be looking forward to this myself.
I do hope they've chosen a better era and setting this time though.
I mean I enjoyed tha hood, and CJ was pretty cool, but I just don't want them to repeat it. I know it'll sound hypocritical of me, but I'd rather them repeat the proper gangsters and mafia stuff, I just prefer it.

Looking forward to seeing the sound track too.

Amiralanal
03-29-2007, 03:21 PM
I remember when i played the first game as a kid. It was so fun to get to do whatever you want and just go nuts and kill people

F@ BANKZ
03-29-2007, 03:45 PM
Why is that a bad thing??

nah:cool: , just a weird coincidence that's all:D

Grabbal
03-29-2007, 03:48 PM
Ahh, that made me feel better! thx

F@ BANKZ
03-29-2007, 03:49 PM
lolz:D Maybe i should use smilys more often:p

0r4ng3
03-29-2007, 03:51 PM
No, maybe you shouldn't.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to GTA4. Apparently the trailer is being released in like 10 minutes.

http://rockstargames.com/IV/

Grabbal
03-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Yeah. I never use them though, but maybe I should.

F@ BANKZ
03-29-2007, 03:57 PM
No, maybe you shouldn't.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to GTA4. Apparently the trailer is being released in like 10 minutes.
http://rockstargames.com/IV/
:(,:rolleyes:,:p chill

Yeah. I never use them though, but maybe I should.
I was just kidding, they're pretty gay as far as i can see, apart from maybe: :rolleyes:

wheelchairman
03-29-2007, 03:59 PM
I think it'll be awesome. Gotta support those Oregon softwarers!

Grabbal
03-29-2007, 04:01 PM
OMFG the server timed out when the clock hit zero!

offspring dude
03-29-2007, 04:02 PM
C'mon C'mon where is it! It's like 4 minutes late! I need to watch this quick and then go to bed. Meant to be there now. *Gets anxious and stressed*

Grabbal
03-29-2007, 04:04 PM
Seems like a lot of people are having problem with the site crashing.

0r4ng3
03-29-2007, 04:05 PM
Bah, I should have expected some kind of server overload. After all, this is the most anticipated trailer for a game I've ever seen.

Stranger With Candy
03-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Damn! Cant annyone see the trailer?

Grabbal
03-29-2007, 04:17 PM
http://download.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/...trailer1_hd.wmv

Lodat225
03-29-2007, 04:22 PM
GTA 3 is the only good one.

0r4ng3
03-29-2007, 04:23 PM
That's just not true. I've wasted so much of my life playing GTA2 back in the day. That game was the awesome.

Biggest offspring fan
03-29-2007, 04:27 PM
I remember when i was a little kid, i used to love playing gta 1 on my playstation 1 haha. Anyway i love all gta games. Sanandreas and Vice City is the shit. Doesn't Noodles like Sanandreas?

khaaaaan
03-29-2007, 04:32 PM
This blows. Stupid Rockstar. I want the trailer nooow.

F@ BANKZ
03-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Doesn't Noodles like Sanandreas?

yeah he made a thread on it, but i doubt he'll be anxiously awaiting the trailer or anything.

Lodat225
03-29-2007, 04:53 PM
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/793/793799/vids_1.html

Fuck yeah. It's a teaser. w/e.

Lodat225
03-29-2007, 05:11 PM
That's just not true. I've wasted so much of my life playing GTA2 back in the day. That game was the awesome.

GTA 3 was a masterpiece. Vice City and San Andreas just regurgitated the same ideas into a new look. Nothing will ever match GTA 3.

wheelchairman
03-29-2007, 05:19 PM
San Andreas is almost an entirely different game from GTA 3. What the hell are you on?

Lodat225
03-29-2007, 06:00 PM
San Andreas is almost an entirely different game from GTA 3. What the hell are you on?

I'm talking about the ideas from every "gangsta" game. I personally prefer organized crime.

0r4ng3
03-29-2007, 06:06 PM
I thought that the crime in GTA:SA was pretty organized. But I know you mean that you prefer larger-scale criminal organizations. It doesn't make a difference for me either way.

Stranger With Candy
03-29-2007, 10:25 PM
I cant play GTA 3 now, It just gets too boring. The city is too smal compared to Vice City and San Andreas.
San Andreas is the best GTA game becous of the big citys you can explore.

Paint_It_Black
03-30-2007, 12:20 AM
I agree with Coneman, as usual.

Lodat is an idiot, as usual. Vice City and San Andreas really advanced the gameplay.

This looks amazing. I'm assuming it's PS3? Finally I want one.

Homer
03-30-2007, 12:29 AM
It's on both the Xbox360 and the PS3... but buy the PS3 if you're going to choose. Why? Well, come on now, I shouldn't have to answer that question...

Tijs
03-30-2007, 02:33 AM
The trailer looks awesome, I bet it won't look like that in actual gameplay. But they'd better release it for PC too. Or else... I'd be really disapointed. I hate the PS3, they also took COD3 away from the PC.

As for GTA4 though, I hope they kept the map size about the same as GTA SA, and focused more on realistic features. I found it to be weird that there are several runways but you'd only need 1/15th of it to get off the ground.

F@ BANKZ
03-30-2007, 04:09 AM
I'm just hoping for more variaty of guns and cars and a bigger/more detailed area of gameplay.

Lodat225
03-30-2007, 05:39 AM
I cant play GTA 3 now, It just gets too boring. The city is too smal compared to Vice City and San Andreas.
San Andreas is the best GTA game becous of the big citys you can explore.

God no. The gameplay in GTA: San Andreas was so sloppy, it was unbearable. Sure, it did get better all-in-all, but GTA 3 was a classic.

Paint_It_Black
03-30-2007, 06:04 AM
God no. The gameplay in GTA: San Andreas was so sloppy, it was unbearable.

Clarify.

The control system was a vast improvement over all previous installments, making it the most playable game yet. I could actually target the enemies I wished to kill. I could actually survive long periods of time without saving. I could finally swim, for fuck sake. The vehicle selection was the best yet, there was no loading between zones, the difficulty level was a perfect blend between challenge and fun.

Sure, I could make a few minor criticisms, but they're just that; minor. Overall it was easily the best GTA game, as it should be. Vice City was my favourite, but I can admit that San Andreas is better.

So how about you actually explain what was so bad about it, instead of making vague statements that make you look like a total dumbfuck. Did you even play San Andreas?

Sinister
03-30-2007, 06:15 AM
I liked GTA2 on Dreamcast, but for some reason the 3D doesn't work well with that kind of game for me.

F@ BANKZ
03-30-2007, 06:30 AM
On GTA3 (and vice city???) you can activate birds eye. And on San Andreas yoiu have "cinematic" which is similar but hard to control with.

sKratch
03-30-2007, 08:37 AM
Grand Theft Auto, the first one, for PC, takes me way back... Run over those orange jump suit guys!

GTA3 was obviously a landmark title for a lot of reasons that have already been stated. However, novelty--in my books--doesn't reserve a permanent throne for a game. I would say that SA definitely trumped GTA3, as it should; shouldn't the game developers be making a better game out of an existing franchise? This reminds me of the Goleneye/Perfect Dark argument. Yeah Goldeneye came first, but you're lying to yourself if you can't admit that Perfect Dark is literally Goldeneye but better.

In any case, I am highly displeased that the GTA franchise moved to consoles as the primary platform. I was really mad about it when GTA3 came out and took like a year to come out on PC.

Stranger With Candy
03-30-2007, 10:26 AM
I diddnt like the trailer that much. Im pretty bored with Liberty City now. I was hoping for something new.

mrconeman
03-30-2007, 10:29 AM
The trailer, as a trailer was pretty meh.
But this game will be totally cool. Especially if those are in game graphics. oh shi'

Paint_It_Black
03-30-2007, 10:48 AM
It's not going to be the same Liberty City you're used to.

Forza
03-30-2007, 12:53 PM
Wow did I see the church from GTA2 in that trailer?

Lodat225
03-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Clarify.

The control system was a vast improvement over all previous installments, making it the most playable game yet. I could actually target the enemies I wished to kill. I could actually survive long periods of time without saving. I could finally swim, for fuck sake. The vehicle selection was the best yet, there was no loading between zones, the difficulty level was a perfect blend between challenge and fun.

Sure, I could make a few minor criticisms, but they're just that; minor. Overall it was easily the best GTA game, as it should be. Vice City was my favourite, but I can admit that San Andreas is better.

So how about you actually explain what was so bad about it, instead of making vague statements that make you look like a total dumbfuck. Did you even play San Andreas?

First of all, i'm not saying it was a bad game. It was one of the best games from the sandbox genre.

I said that i preferred GTA 3 was because it was a classic. Much better than the first two, the one i played with the most, before GTA: San Andreas so i couldn't compare it back then, etc.

You could target in any game. The targeting system was so easy too. Run around, target on a guy far away, kill him... now do that again. it was easier than the rest, which you said. i hate when a game's too easy. Nobody needs swimming. that was worthless as it was tiresome. the vehicles were good, i'll give you that. yeah, there's no loading in almost all of the sandbox games. there was nothing difficult in that game. NOTHING.

I never said it was bad. It's way better than GTA 3 but i like GTA 3 much more. San Andreas improved alot of things, and did most better - but GTA 3 was a classic.

0r4ng3
03-30-2007, 09:16 PM
From what I'm getting, you mostly prefer GTA3 because of the principle of it, and not so much the gameplay itself.

Like, you're suggesting that San Andreas shouldn't get so much credit because it's simply a bigger, better version of GTA3.

Lodat225
03-30-2007, 09:27 PM
From what I'm getting, you mostly prefer GTA3 because of the principle of it, and not so much the gameplay itself.

Like, you're suggesting that San Andreas shouldn't get so much credit because it's simply a bigger, better version of GTA3.

No. Like he said, Vice City is his favorite, but he thinks San Andreas is better. Same here, except with GTA 3.

Mota Boy
03-30-2007, 11:08 PM
It's hard to believe that GTA3 came out almost six years ago. It's be interesting to see if IV can be as revolutionary.

Paint_It_Black
03-31-2007, 12:38 AM
You could target in any game.

I'm only going to bother responding to this part, because the targeting always annoyed me. In the older games it was so difficult to target the guy you actually wanted if there were multiple guys around. And it was the most frustrating way to get killed.

I just started trying to play Liberty City Stories and was dismayed to find it's a big piece of poo. I'm guessing they changed nothing in converting it from the PSP to PS2. The graphics suck, and the controls suck. It reminded me how much better San Andreas is than all the ones before it.

I ran up to about 3 or 4 guys and started attacking them. With no way to change my target, I kept locking on to the one I had already knocked down while the others shot me. It's ridiculous.

H1T_That
03-31-2007, 05:15 AM
The trailer looked pretty cool.

wheelchairman
03-31-2007, 05:15 AM
I love how lodat can offer no explanations for as why it's "clumsy gameplay" in GTA San Andreas, since he keeps saying it's better in every way.

Lodat225
03-31-2007, 07:39 AM
I'm only going to bother responding to this part, because the targeting always annoyed me. In the older games it was so difficult to target the guy you actually wanted if there were multiple guys around. And it was the most frustrating way to get killed.

I just started trying to play Liberty City Stories and was dismayed to find it's a big piece of poo. I'm guessing they changed nothing in converting it from the PSP to PS2. The graphics suck, and the controls suck. It reminded me how much better San Andreas is than all the ones before it.

I ran up to about 3 or 4 guys and started attacking them. With no way to change my target, I kept locking on to the one I had already knocked down while the others shot me. It's ridiculous.

Yeah, but in San Andreas they really didn't changed that, IMO.

wheelchairman: because if you don't target, it's a pain to shoot someone. The driving sucked, like most GTA titles. Swimming sucked, etc. This is my opinion, you probably wont agree.

mrconeman
03-31-2007, 07:47 AM
Yeah, but in San Andreas they really didn't changed that, IMO.

wheelchairman: because if you don't target, it's a pain to shoot someone. The driving sucked, like most GTA titles. Swimming sucked, etc. This is my opinion, you probably wont agree.

On the first point your opinion is completely invalid, because no matter what you think, they did change it, you could cycle through your targets with the shoulder buttons, and it made shit so much better.

Also your other points all apply to your beloved GTA3, only more so.
Congratulations, your an idiot.

Lodat225
03-31-2007, 07:52 AM
On the first point your opinion is completely invalid, because no matter what you think, they did change it, you could cycle through your targets with the shoulder buttons, and it made shit so much better.

Also your other points all apply to your beloved GTA3, only more so.
Congratulations, your an idiot.
That's exactly why. GTA 3 was before GTA: San Andreas, so the issues were understandable. San Andreas did the same thing, which was bad but was still a great game.

sKratch
03-31-2007, 10:51 AM

This reminds me of the Goleneye/Perfect Dark argument. Yeah Goldeneye came first, but you're lying to yourself if you can't admit that Perfect Dark is literally Goldeneye but better.

y helo thar

Stranger With Candy
04-12-2007, 10:14 AM
NEWS! (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6168906.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=multimodule&tag=multimodule;picks;title;6)

Ther will be no planes in this game, i loved the planes:(

Paint_It_Black
04-12-2007, 12:25 PM
That is fucking gay.

Navampa
04-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Lodat, the better-targeting system is a feature that should be there.

If the targeting system in GTA3 made it harder, than that's not exactly a good thing. The difficulty should be made by other creative ways, not by faulty control set-ups.

And you're saying GTA3 is the best because it was a classic? That's dumb. If Vice City or San Andreas came out before it, those would be regerded as classic as well.

0r4ng3
04-12-2007, 06:00 PM
I've noticed lots of people doing lots of bitching about the lack of planes. I personally don't care whether or not there are planes. There's so much to do in the game it really doesn't matter.

Lodat225
04-12-2007, 07:02 PM
NEWS! (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6168906.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=multimodule&tag=multimodule;picks;title;6)

Ther will be no planes in this game, i loved the planes:(

Thank god. I hated driving those things.

Edit: Navampa: I spent way more time playing GTA3 because it was the first one that got me hooked on the series. That's why i love it.

Paint_It_Black
04-12-2007, 11:09 PM
There's so much to do in the game it really doesn't matter.

If they took out guns there'd still be plenty to do in the game too.

Since when is it about quantity? Flying planes was one of the most fun aspects of San Andreas. There might be lots of other things to do, but damn it I liked doing that.

0r4ng3
04-12-2007, 11:15 PM
I guess you're right. It might not be a big deal to me because I wasn't a big fan of the planes in the previous GTAs.

But, on the other hand, guns are much more important to GTA than planes. I would equate the lack of planes to, say, the lack of bicycles.

Paint_It_Black
04-12-2007, 11:24 PM
Except the planes could actually be useful, and not just a novelty. But yes, you're close enough.

It might not be a big deal to me because I wasn't a big fan of the planes in the previous GTAs.

Not enough snakes?

Great Mike
04-13-2007, 06:45 AM
There is no room for planes if the game just takes place in Liberty City. And there would be a bunch of people emulating the Taliban:confused: .

Great Mike
04-13-2007, 06:54 AM
I want to know whiplash opinion on this.

Whiplash
04-13-2007, 06:59 AM
I loved the planes on GTA san andreas, especially the jet fighter, I think it would be a shame if they didn't put planes in liberty city. The planes give the game another dimension, and they open new options for missions.

Grabbal
04-13-2007, 09:39 AM
I agree with Whiplash.

Whenever I played San Andreas and didn't bother doing missions I usually headed over to the planes. I hope to god they decide to put the planes back in.

Paint_It_Black
04-13-2007, 12:28 PM
And there would be a bunch of people emulating the Taliban:confused: .

Instead of just stealing, hiring/killing prostitutes and committing mass murder. You're right, having planes in the game could comprise its shining morality.

Great Mike
04-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Instead of just stealing, hiring/killing prostitutes and committing mass murder. You're right, having planes in the game could comprise its shining morality.

Ok, signature changed.

Paint_It_Black
04-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Dude, if you're going for sarcasm, you need to take it a little further. For instance, it's well accepted that if you are using a smiley in an ironic fashion you need to have at least three of them. You only used one, and therefor I must remain convinced that your post was entirely serious. Sorry, it's the rules :( :( :(

fuckme!
04-13-2007, 05:33 PM
This game I feel is bad for our children. It teaches them demented stuff like going around hitting people, pimping and stealing cars and hos.

Great Mike
04-13-2007, 05:41 PM
This game I feel is bad for our children. It teaches them demented stuff like going around hitting people, pimping and stealing cars and hos.

Post three smiles, edit your signature or die.

fuckme!
04-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Post three smiles, edit your signature or die.

You Spanish Imbecile! How dare you talk to me like this. Don't you know who I am?! Add Grammar to your Signature.

Great Mike
04-13-2007, 05:45 PM
You Spanish Imbeciel! How dare you talk to me like this. Don't you know who I am?! Add Grammar to your Signature.

You, Imbeciel, point my grammar mistake plz.

fuckme!
04-13-2007, 05:50 PM
You, Imbeciel, point my grammar mistake plz.
'please' You imbecile

Great Mike
04-13-2007, 05:53 PM
'please' You imbecile

You, Imbeciel, point my grammar mistake, please.

Great Mike
04-13-2007, 05:55 PM
'please' You imbecile

The Imbeciel thing was made on propose (hence the capital letter) after your mistake.

hughesyboy
04-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Nobody needs swimming. that was worthless as it was tiresome.

The reason I was happy to see swimming in GTA:SA, and i assume Paint_It_Black was also, because it meant falling into the water no longer meant instant death. In the games up until SA there was no way to escape death once in the water, which was very irritating having just escaped a fully armed mafia gang while the police chased you in helicopters, only to try to hop into a boat, fall into the water and simply drown. Such a pathetic way to die. The ability to swim was a god send.

Paint_It_Black
04-14-2007, 02:12 AM
The reason I was happy to see swimming in GTA:SA, and i assume Paint_It_Black was also, because it meant falling into the water no longer meant instant death.

While you are avdoltuely correct i feel the need to ask; who the fuck are you?

hughesyboy
04-14-2007, 05:57 AM
While you are avdoltuely correct i feel the need to ask; who the fuck are you?

An Offspring fan who doesnt get on here much, that was probably my first post in over a year...don't make me feel too welcome now...

H1T_That
04-14-2007, 06:02 AM
An Offspring fan who doesnt get on here much, that was probably my first post in over a year...don't make me feel too welcome now...

You coulda' made it kid. You coulda' made it.

Lodat225
04-14-2007, 07:22 AM

You could've made it. You could've made it.

H1T_That
04-14-2007, 07:32 AM
You could've made it. You could've made it.

Relevance?

Lodat225
04-14-2007, 01:18 PM
You're a faggot, You're a faggot..

Who the fuck are you?

Paint_It_Black
04-14-2007, 09:22 PM

I was inebriated at the time. You seem cool enough.

Stranger With Candy
06-29-2007, 08:01 AM
Finaly a new trailer is out. This looks awesome!http://www.gamespot.com/news/6173297.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0