PDA

View Full Version : Obesity disgusts me.

Pages : [1] 2

Llamas
03-30-2007, 06:11 AM
My roommate (not the one I share a room with) weighs around 300 lbs /136 kg. This in itself didn't really bother me at all. Nearly every time I go downstairs to the kitchen, he is there. If he's in his room, and I go down to make food and am down there for more than 10 minutes, he shows up. He then proceeds to spend a great deal of time making a ton of food. I think he cooks around 5 times a day, and every time, he makes enough food for 3 or 4 people. He is almost always in the kitchen, and I hate having to work around him... but it really just absolutely disgusts me, because he sometimes makes comments about the food I eat... that it's "typical American" (when I make sandwiches or pasta), or that I shouldn't eat it. It's like he looks down on what other people eat, because he makes such elaborate food. He throws out so much, too. I brought home an onion dish, and two days later, he said it was inedible and told me to throw it out. Also, he forbid one of our roommates, who is from Indonesia, to cook in the morning. This roommate almost always eats Rice, and the fat guy doesn't like the smell in the morning (his room, like mine is upstairs. You can't smell it up here.) How dare he tell other people what to cook and when to cook it?

Really, I just get absolutely disgusted when I see him down there 5 times a day... all he ever does is cook, eat, watch tv, and go on skype. Most of the time he's eating and watching tv.

Am I being judgmental? Unfair?

khaaaaan
03-30-2007, 06:14 AM
No, but you're also being bitchy. Just tell the guy he's a freak and to shut up about what other people eat.

wheelchairman
03-30-2007, 06:14 AM
I think it's a rather natural elitist reaction. I too just can't find it in myself to pity them. It's repulsive and I never understood why they don't try hard enough to change it.

Also fat kids really piss me off, their parents do I mean. That's just disgusting.

Whiplash
03-30-2007, 06:20 AM
Some children are born fat and cant really help it.

the_GoDdEsS
03-30-2007, 06:21 AM
Also fat kids really piss me off, their parents do I mean. That's just disgusting.

That's just awful and irresponsible in a way. When you see an obese kid and their parents buying them two hamburgers or some fatty sandwiches.

wheelchairman
03-30-2007, 06:24 AM
Some children are born fat and cant really help it.

And their mother's vagina's explode?

Or are you talking about some kind of fat gene? Cause we know how to deal with the fat gene.
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1769&highlight=abortion

Sinister
03-30-2007, 06:24 AM
Letting your kid go obese should be considered abuse.

Whiplash
03-30-2007, 06:30 AM
And their mother's vagina's explode?

Or are you talking about some kind of fat gene? Cause we know how to deal with the fat gene.
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1769&highlight=abortion

Ofcourse in most cases parents are to blame, But a couple of weeks ago i saw a special on a dutch kid who had a rare decease. It didn't matter what he would eat or how much he would work out he would always gain weight to the point were he would die. The works out 5 times a week, and fallow's a harsh diet. But nothing can help him.

Llamas
03-30-2007, 06:30 AM
Whiplash, what happened to your English in that post?

Whiplash
03-30-2007, 06:31 AM
I dunno, I think i lost it for a sec.

Paint_It_Black
03-30-2007, 06:37 AM

Kinda. You state obesity disgusts you, then go on to just bitch about one fat guy who happens to piss you off. Like because of him you despise all obese people. See where I'm going with this?

But yeah, that guy sounds like a douche.

Llamas
03-30-2007, 06:38 AM
Kinda. You state obesity disgusts you, then go on to just bitch about one fat guy who happens to piss you off. Like because of him you despise all obese people. See where I'm going with this?

But yeah, that guy sounds like a douche.

Well, it's mostly the fact that he's so overweight and complains all the time, but stuffs his face non-stop. Which is how a great deal of obese people are. I just never really noticed as much until I lived with someone like that.

wheelchairman
03-30-2007, 06:41 AM
Whiplash, yes but that's a very rare disease...

JohnnyNemesis
03-30-2007, 06:45 AM
Which is how a great deal of obese people are.

I don't think this is true, at least not in my experience. I grew up with tons (lawlz, no pun intended) of obese people for some odd reason, in my family and friends, and most of them eat about half as much/often as I do. In fact, I hardly ever see them eat anything unhealthy and they exercise religiously (possibly relateds to low self-esteem), but they have horrible horrible metabolism. It's pretty sad to watch.

I think most people assume the worst about obese people because dismissal is always easier than understanding.

Paint_It_Black
03-30-2007, 06:48 AM
Most people suck, regardless of what they weigh. They're obnoxious, selfish, rude, and hypocritical in whatever special way applies to them. I don't see the sense in singling out the fatties.

But you know, in my experience, a lot of fat people are comparatively really nice people. Their self esteem is non-existent and they'll do anything to be liked. You just found yourself a bad one.

calichix
03-30-2007, 06:50 AM
I think obese people are inconsiderate. I can see why I should pity them, but I don't. It's like pitying someone for mutilating his own face.

Paint_It_Black
03-30-2007, 06:52 AM
More like pitying a drug addict actually...

Llamas
03-30-2007, 06:59 AM
Food doesn't have the addiction aspect that drugs do, though. I agree more with Calichix's analogy.

Whiplash
03-30-2007, 07:04 AM
Food doesn't have the addiction aspect that drugs do, though. I agree more with Calichix's analogy.

Food really can get addictive, maybe not as much as drugs do but people can get addicted to eating.

Nina
03-30-2007, 07:07 AM
Kinda. You state obesity disgusts you, then go on to just bitch about one fat guy who happens to piss you off. Like because of him you despise all obese people.

That's the first thing I noticed. It just sounded like Brianna talked about one specific person only.

Well, it's mostly the fact that he's so overweight and complains all the time, but stuffs his face non-stop. Which is how a great deal of obese people are. I just never really noticed as much until I lived with someone like that.

I'm not sure if I agree with that. Not "a lot of obese people" are obese because they eat a lot. Certainly some are, but not all.

wheelchairman
03-30-2007, 07:08 AM
If people can addicted to eating, then there is something else wrong with tem.

Whiplash
03-30-2007, 07:11 AM
Agreed,

Like depresion.
The term ''food addiction'' is mainly used by people who just love a certain type of food and can't get enough of it: OMG i love chocolate i'm lyke addicted to it!!!.

wheelchairman
03-30-2007, 07:12 AM
Agreed,

Like depresion.
Food addiction is mainly used byt people who just love a certain type of food and can't get enough of it: OMG i love chocolate i'm lyke addicted to it!!!.

That's just a stereotypical chick...

Nina
03-30-2007, 07:15 AM
Food addiction is mainly used byt people who just love a certain type of food and can't get enough of it: OMG i love chocolate i'm lyke addicted to it!!!.

You mean the term "addicted to food" is used by people who only talk about their love for one type of food? I am genuinely asking this, because if that is the case, I agree.

Whiplash
03-30-2007, 07:16 AM
I did and i fixed it like a minute ago. ^^

wheelchairman
03-30-2007, 07:19 AM
Food doesn't have the addiction aspect that drugs do, though.

You mean like sex?

Paint_It_Black
03-30-2007, 07:20 AM
If people can addicted to eating, then there is something else wrong with tem.

Why?

Eating makes you feel good. There is a physical reaction to eating, and of course a mental reaction. Why is it so hard to believe people can be addicted to it?

It's widely accepted that people can get addicted to gambling. Or sex. Or any damn thing. That they have a problem they can't fix, even when they want to. But apparently people who eat too much aren't like this. Apparently they're the only group of compulsives not worthy of sympathy. I'll be sure to try and be less tolerant in future.

Llamas
03-30-2007, 07:21 AM
You mean like sex?

Sex has similar brain reactions to drugs for some people. People can be addicted to sex, physically.

Paint_It_Black
03-30-2007, 07:23 AM
Sex has similar brain reactions to drugs for some people. People can be addicted to sex, physically.

But people who eat too much might as well mutilate their faces. 'cause it's more like that.

wheelchairman
03-30-2007, 07:24 AM
Why?

Eating makes you feel good. There is a physical reaction to eating, and of course a mental reaction. Why is it so hard to believe people can be addicted to it?

I know all this. I'm saying if you're able to get addicted to food you have other problems in your life.

Napping makes me feel really good, but you never ever hear about nap addicts. At some point I think people just want responsibility taken away from them.

Llamas
03-30-2007, 07:24 AM
The research about food being physically addicting is still underway. There have been some things that have pointed toward food possibly being addictive for some people, but nothing solid. With sex, it's been scientifically proven.

wheelchairman
03-30-2007, 07:25 AM
And in the case of food or gambling it would be a mental addiction? Would they prostitute themselves to buy more food?

wheelchairman
03-30-2007, 07:26 AM
With sex, it's been scientifically proven.

Really now, if you're gonna make a statement like this, back it up. So these people get withdrawal symptoms if they don't have sex?

Nina
03-30-2007, 07:27 AM

I guess the definitions are slightly different, but it's basically the same. People who get addicted to something (anything) probably get addicted to it because they have other problems. I dont think that an obese person who eats a lot can be considered "addicted" to food, he just likes it...and a lot of it. But if he keeps eating although he isnt hungry, he is most likely having a different problem, a psychological one for instance.

People who are drug addicts or alcoholics either start because of problems, or they just tried it once and got physically addicted. But I'm not sure if the latter can also be possible with food.

Llamas
Okay I guess physically was a bad choice of words. I don't know the details, but gambling and food don't have the same withdrawl problems sex does. Again, I don't know the details, and I don't know what the withdrawl is like for sex addicts, I can try to look it up.

Whiplash
@llamas
^ Thats what i was going to post.

Most docters think thats something can only be called an addiction when it has an psychoactive substance in it. Like drugs tabbaco and alcohol.

Paint_It_Black
03-30-2007, 07:29 AM
Napping makes me feel really good, but you never ever hear about nap addicts. At some point I think people just want responsibility taken away from them.

Napping? Of course you don't hear about nap addicts. Going to sleep is not a fully conscious decision. You don't always get a say in it, and once you've had enough sleep it gets quite difficult to sleep anymore.

Having said that, a lot of people sleep excessively because they want to. It's probably always a facet of depression. You could, if you wanted, call them nap addicts.

Yeah, some people probably do want to feel they aren't responsible for their own problems, and that's worthy of contempt regardless of the particular issue. But it doesn't change the fact that these people have problems that are difficult to fix.

Llamas
03-30-2007, 07:32 AM
Napping? Of course you don't hear about nap addicts. Going to sleep is not a fully conscious decision. You don't always get a say in it, and once you've had enough sleep it gets quite difficult to sleep anymore.

Having said that, a lot of people sleep excessively because they want to. It's probably always a facet of depression. You could, if you wanted, call them nap addicts.

Yeah, some people probably do want to feel they aren't responsible for their own problems, and that's worthy of contempt regardless of the particular issue. But it doesn't change the fact that these people have problems that are difficult to fix.

I love sleeping and napping, and I'm not depressed. I just genuinely LOVE sleep. I can and have slept for 19 or more hours, just because I wanted to. I wouldn't even start to think I was addicted, though. I feel like that would just be ridiculous.

wheelchairman
03-30-2007, 07:34 AM
I essentially agree with what you said up there. But as said before, the addiction is a symptom of another problem. The discussion here is about fat people who say they are addicted to food. Not about depressed people who are addicted to food. It could be that they got depressed, then addicted and then fat. But taking the background that far about hypothetical people is not something I would do.

Whiplash
I love sleeping to, It just makes me feel good to be in my bed. Especially when it's raining outside. <3<3

wheelchairman
I love sleeping and napping, and I'm not depressed. I just genuinely LOVE sleep. I can and have slept for 19 or more hours, just because I wanted to. I wouldn't even start to think I was addicted, though. I feel like that would just be ridiculous.All of this also applies to me. Sleep is awesome.

Nina
03-30-2007, 07:35 AM
You could, if you wanted, call them nap addicts.

That is true..again, it's a matter of definition (addict = someone who is mentally or physically dependent on a habit-forming substance), and a nap-addict is probably mentally bound to it. But to be fair, most people who call something addictive often mean what I described above, and not things like napping.

Whiplash
03-30-2007, 07:37 AM
Read all about ithere (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addictions)

Paint_It_Black
03-30-2007, 07:47 AM
People who are drug addicts or alcoholics either start because of problems, or they just tried it once and got physically addicted. But I'm not sure if the latter can also be possible with food.

I see what you're saying, but with drugs you're talking about a chemical dependency. You can be addicted to something without requiring a chemical dependency.

I love sleeping and napping, and I'm not depressed. I just genuinely LOVE sleep. I can and have slept for 19 or more hours, just because I wanted to. I wouldn't even start to think I was addicted, though. I feel like that would just be ridiculous.

You've mentioned several times that you suffer from insomnia. This shows that you exhibit abnormal sleep patterns and really excludes you from using yourself as an example here. Aside from that, there's always a difference between people who do something because they like it and people who do something through addiction. The existence of one does not preclude the existence of the other. I can drink socially and stop anytime I want, but I won't be so arrogant as to claim there's no such thing as alcoholics.

The discussion here is about fat people who say they are addicted to food.

No, it's about being tolerant of fat people and accepting they might really want to do something about it and just haven't been able to, for whatever reason. Meaning that if you can't find it in yourself to pity them, at least don't hate them.

wheelchairman
03-30-2007, 07:56 AM
oh I don't hate them. I do find fat people to look disgusting. And I don't pity them.

Paint_It_Black
03-30-2007, 08:02 AM
Well, that's fine. Most people would agree that they look disgusting, and there's very few people I pity.

There just seems to be an unusually high level of hostility shown towards them and I don't get it. It seems illogical to me.

Whiplash
03-30-2007, 08:03 AM
I find people who are to thin to be disgusting to.

Llamas
03-30-2007, 08:05 AM
You've mentioned several times that you suffer from insomnia. This shows that you exhibit abnormal sleep patterns and really excludes you from using yourself as an example here. Aside from that, there's always a difference between people who do something because they like it and people who do something through addiction. The existence of one does not preclude the existence of the other. I can drink socially and stop anytime I want, but I won't be so arrogant as to claim there's no such thing as alcoholics.
First of all, I haven't suffered from insomnia since being in Austria, and I still love sleeping. Nothing like going to bed at midnight and getting up at Noon. It's got nothing to do with the insomnia.

I never said that, because I enjoy sleeping and am not addicted, nobody can be addicted to it. Where did you get that? I wasn't being arrogant. I was just making a comment.

No, it's about being tolerant of fat people and accepting they might really want to do something about it and just haven't been able to, for whatever reason. Meaning that if you can't find it in yourself to pity them, at least don't hate them.
Who's being intolerant? Who hates them? I certainly hope nobody would hate or be intolerant of someone just because they're obese.

Nina
03-30-2007, 08:05 AM
I find people who are to thin to be disgusting to.

Ugh. You know, that's just extremely inconsiderate and offending, just as much as "I find fat people disgusting". Why dont you go and expand your statement to "I find fat people, people who are too thin, blacks and people with big noses disgusting".

Whiplash
03-30-2007, 08:07 AM
I'm talking about people who are like 1.80m and only weigh like 45kg thats just not healthy. I'm not talking about people who watch there weight by not eating to much and working out on a regular basis.

Llamas
03-30-2007, 08:08 AM
There's a difference between not liking their appearance, and finding them disgusting, though. Kind of the "don't hate the player, hate the game" attitude.

Nina
03-30-2007, 08:10 AM
I'm talking about people who are like 1.80m and only weigh like 45kg thats just not healthy. I'm not talking about people who watch there weight by not eating to much and working out on a regular basis.

I understood what you meant before you wrote that. It doesnt make it any better though. People who are that thin might have serious self-image issues, or were/are just physically sick for a long time. How is it justified to call them disgusting? You can find them ugly all you want I guess, but saying it like that will make me call you a retard. I guess if you can deal with that, we're settled.

Whiplash
03-30-2007, 08:14 AM
O sure i can deal with that.

But let me futher my case:
I just don't find people like that very apealing, And maybe disgusting wasn't the right word.

T-6005
03-30-2007, 08:15 AM
I've really had a problem with this for years. I just automatically treat very fat people as less of people because I find the way they look totally repulsive and unnatural. And I feel bad. It's not a completely overarching problems - I've had overweight friends, but never someone REALLY fat. In particular, huge girls. I can't do it.

I feel bad for those people for being automatically misjudged by me.

Whiplash
03-30-2007, 08:20 AM
It's a cultural thing, In africa fat is beautifull. And just take a look at an old painting, the woman are mainly a bit more fatty in them.

wheelchairman
03-30-2007, 08:21 AM
In Africa fat is a sign of wealth...
In the western world it's a sign of poverty, which is totally not cool.

RoxnRollBassist
03-30-2007, 08:23 AM
Some of you guys are being incredibly closed minded. I mean the orginal post in general it sounded like that guy was a jerk. But you dont necissarly know why ppl are the weight they are. They may of grown up in a family with bad eating habits, and know nothing else. They may have a terrible metabolism. Sometimes people just have busy lives and dont have time for working out. I guess this subject is personal to me cauz my whole life I've been obese. And i grew up with terrible eating habits, that are hard to change. And everyone always looks at me negatively, makes fun of me, or (guys) ignore me. I've been trying several diets since i was in the 6th grade, and never lost anything. Soemtimes thats how it is with people. But i think that people find a time in there life when there sick of something there doing. A month or so ago I had one of those moments. Now i eat healthy exersise 5-6 times a week. Ive so far lost 26 pounds. Hopefully I will get down to a healthy weight. And if I do, I know I will never judge and overweight person. You just dont know there back story. Sorry this was kind of rambling on.

HornyPope
03-30-2007, 08:24 AM
I'm fat so I consider it my responsability to rag on thin people in the process of defending my kind.

Well thin people suck. You look like skeletons. You have no muscle, no shape/curves to your body. Underweight is worse than fat.

Paint_It_Black
03-30-2007, 08:25 AM
First of all, I haven't suffered from insomnia since being in Austria, and I still love sleeping. Nothing like going to bed at midnight and getting up at Noon. It's got nothing to do with the insomnia

You still have a history of abnormal sleep patterns. That's my only point. You're not the norm when it comes to sleep related matters.

I never said that, because I enjoy sleeping and am not addicted, nobody can be addicted to it. Where did you get that? I wasn't being arrogant. I was just making a comment.

Stop being so defensive. I never said you did say that. I was also just making a comment.

Who's being intolerant? Who hates them? I certainly hope nobody would hate or be intolerant of someone just because they're obese.

Hate was too strong. I should have just gone with hostile. And yes, many people are intolerant and hostile based on physical appearance, you surely must know this.

I just don't find people like that very apealing, And maybe disgusting wasn't the right word.

I think most people feel the same, and that is what they would mean when using the word "disgusting". I find coconut to be disgusting, but I have no problem with it when it stays out of my mouth.

Whiplash
03-30-2007, 08:26 AM
Underweight vs Overweight -discuss

F@ BANKZ
03-30-2007, 08:27 AM
I'm going to have to go with underweight; it would be so easy to put weight on if you wanted, thus making it more of a choice in most cases, where as it doesn't work visa versa

Nina
03-30-2007, 08:29 AM
Too much ignorance in this topic ;(

Paint_It_Black
03-30-2007, 08:31 AM
Both are unattractive when you're dealing with extremes, and both are unhealthy when dealing with extremes.

Being extremely underweight is more immediately dangerous than being extremely overweight, but both should be considered undesirable.

What more is there to discuss?

HornyPope
03-30-2007, 08:31 AM

It's Llama, isn't it? She's soooooooo annoying.

But no worries, i'm here. So overweight people like you and I and many other swell persons can stick it to the thinnies.

Nina
03-30-2007, 08:32 AM
No, actually, I was refering to F@ BANKZ.

JoY
03-30-2007, 08:34 AM
Why?

so, so, so, SO true. & I liked the other bit of your post.

either way, sympathy has never really helped anybody. like "aww, I'm sorry for you that you're so fat, poor you!", not going to work. support, help, stuff like that, suuure. but fatties don't really get much of that, do they?

the guy Bri described, though, he sounds like someone who could annoy me so much, it'd be tempting to say I hate the fucking fatty.

Indonesian food = by the way delicious & smells delicious too. I wouldn't mind waking up smelling that. I WOULD mind a guy, who just spends his life in the kitchen, preparing & eating food.

it's already been pointed out that food can be physically addictive, but I still thought I should mention it again.

Llamas
It's Llama, isn't it? She's soooooooo annoying.

But no worries, i'm here. So overweight people like you and I and many other swell persons can stick it to the thinnies.

wtf i so h8 u. :( :( :( fatty.

Paint_It_Black

I don't get it, are you implying that's what's happening?

F@ BANKZ
03-30-2007, 08:35 AM
No, actually, I was refering to F@ BANKZ.

What's so ignorant about what i said.

Paint_It_Black
03-30-2007, 08:37 AM
Bella, you basically just summed it all up. Awesome. I'm not sure how such a big debate sprung up here.

killer_queen
03-30-2007, 08:38 AM
House once had a patient like your friend. He really annoyed me so I can understand why he disgusts you. I hate when people look down on others for listening bad music. It must be much worse when they do it abour food.
Other obese people on the other hand, never disgust me or make me pity for them. I used to be obsessed about appearances. Mine and other people's. But I think I got over it. I don't care how people look anymore. People on the street, I mean. I would care if my boyfriend was a fatty (I don't have one though :(). I think I grow up.

Oh and, if there's someone who's a nap addict that must be me. I just love sleeping. Especially when I feel too depressed.

HornyPope
03-30-2007, 08:38 AM
I don't get it, are you implying that's what's happening?

Well now that I arrived on the scene and assembled an unlikely alliance of obese, fat and overweight persons, we shall triumph! Or just sit on you (and fart).

wtf i so h8 u. :( :( :( fatty.

Look, let's not fight. We can't allow any dissent within our ranks of fat.

Nina
03-30-2007, 08:41 AM
Okay, I'll try to explain:

it would be so easy to put weight on if you wanted, thus making it more of a choice in most cases, where as it doesn't work visa versa

wrong.
Putting on weight isnt very easy for a lot of people, especially when they are underweight. I'm sure I dont need to explain the case of anorexia to you. But also other eating disorders that come from self-image problems make it very difficult to "just eat".
Stress or other psychological factors also make it hard to put on weight. I, for instance, lost a crazy amount of weight out of nowhere, and my doctors have no other solution than "stress". Even if I wanted to, I probably couldnt put on weight.
Another thing is fast metabolism. Look it up if you dunno what exactly I mean.

Llamas
03-30-2007, 08:42 AM
House once had a patient like your friend. He really annoyed me so I can understand why he disgusts you. I hate when people look down on others for listening bad music. It must be much worse when they do it abour food.
Other obese people on the other hand, never disgust me or make me pity for them. I used to be obsessed about appearances. Mine and other people's. But I think I got over it. I don't care how people look anymore. People on the street, I mean. I would care if my boyfriend was a fatty (I don't have one though :(). I think I grow up.

Oh and, if there's someone who's a nap addict that must be me. I just love sleeping. Especially when I feel too depressed.

I don't have a problem with the appearance. The part that disgusts me is the gluttony of the whole situation, plus the fact that it's sooo unhealthy and yet when you see people eat as much as my roommate does, it's hard to tell if they even care.

HornyPope
03-30-2007, 08:44 AM
We got it, Nina, you lost a little weight and suddenly you consider yourself skinny now. Stop trying and get back with the fatties.

p.s. It's 11:45am. I am in my office today until 16:00. I will however take a syndicated leave for half an hour.
Chuss!

Llamas
03-30-2007, 08:46 AM

wrong.
Putting on weight isnt very easy for a lot of people, especially when they are underweight. I'm sure I dont need to explain the case of anorexia to you. But also other eating disorders that come from self-image problems make it very difficult to "just eat".
Stress or other psychological things also make it hard to put on weight. I, for instance, lost a crazy amount of weight out of nowhere, and my doctors have no other solution than "stress". Even if I wanted to, I probably couldnt put on weight.

I would like to back this up. Until I was 19, I weighed 46 kg. Then I went to college, and now I'm around 54 kg. But I weighed 46 kg, which is underweight for my height. People always told me I was too thin, and my grandma would always ask my mom if she was feeding me. I actually got made fun of a lot, but I always ate more food than anyone in my family. I mean, I ate a LOT. So it's not really fair to say that being underweight is more easily controlled than being overweight. Sure, in many cases it is, but in a lot of cases, it's not easier than losing weight.

F@ BANKZ
03-30-2007, 08:46 AM

wrong.
Stress or other psychological factors also make it hard to put on weight. I, for instance, lost a crazy amount of weight out of nowhere, and my doctors have no other solution than "stress". Even if I wanted to, I probably couldnt put on weight.

I get your point but i didn't mean all the time, i did say, "in most cases". Where as for some stress can trigger weight loss others turn to food for comfort.

Sunny
03-30-2007, 08:48 AM
Whiplash, yes but that's a very rare disease...

that's bs. my mother works at an endocrinology clinic, and i got to learn quite a bit about this stuff... you'd be surprised to find out just how many obesity-causing disorders there are and how often people (children, too) get them.

hell, tons of Americans are insulin resistant (not diabetic). i know my husband is, and he used to be overweight because of it. on a brighter note, it's easily treatable... he lost like 40 lbs due to a proper diet. *shrugs*

i'm kinda torn on this subject. i'm annoyed by people who say "zomg fat people r so lazy & grose", because it's a huge, stupid generalization, and some people are indeed sick. on the other hand, i know tons of people who just stuff their faces with bagels, donuts, mac&cheese and frapps... and don't do shit about their weight. that IS disgusting to me. i wouldn't discriminate against them, just like i wouldn't discriminate against people who get FF breast implants or tan every day. i just don't see why anyone would do these things to their body. at all.

i don't find fat people physically attractive in the slightest, but i don't think they're disgusting as *people*. it's just their bodies aren't appealing to me. not a big deal. who cares what's attractive to me anyway? ;p

what does piss me off, though, is people saying "fatphobia is the new racisismsism/sexism!". no. seriously. no. shut the fuck up.

JoY
03-30-2007, 08:48 AM
I'm going to have to go with underweight; it would be so easy to put weight on if you wanted, thus making it more of a choice in most cases, where as it doesn't work visa versa

eating disorders aren't really a choice, buddy. it's not as simple as just eating a fucking burger to solve the problem of being extremely underweight.

& I'm not even talking about people that have a metabolism that's racing non-stop. I know plenty of superthin people, who've tried to put on weight, but who couldn't, thanks to their metabolism. it's tempting to be jealous, but if you hear how they feel about their lack of curves, lack of shape, the difficulties of finding fitting clothes, the judgements they have to deal with.. you'll change your mind soon enough.

then there are parasites, that will make you supersuperthin. scarily thin. two of my friends have been struggling with this freakin' bug they got in India for over a year. both of them lost over 20 kgs.

then some people have extremely irritatable bowels, or for instance a million allergies, which makes them having to live with a megastrict diet for their entire lives.

F@ BANKZ
03-30-2007, 08:52 AM
I was reffering just of the two terms overweight and underweight, not the extremes of the two.

Nina
03-30-2007, 08:52 AM
We got it, Nina, you lost a little weight and suddenly you consider yourself skinny now. Stop trying and get back with the fatties.

God, stop talking to me. The amount I lost is not LITTLE, but you dont know anything about that, so it's not surprising that you talk bullshit. Also, I dont call myself skinny, other people do, but again, you dont know that.

I get your point but i didn't mean all the time, i did say, "in most cases". Where as for some stress can trigger weight loss others turn to food for comfort.

Yeah, and "in most cases", it is definitely not like how you described.

So it's not really fair to say that being underweight is more easily controlled than being overweight.

Yup.

F@ BANKZ
03-30-2007, 08:59 AM
Yeah, and "in most cases", it is definitely not like how you described.

I disagree, i think there are alot of people who when are stressed turn to food: it is one of the main causes for people being overweight. Besides it is more of a choice because whereas 99% of obese people don't have their weight determined by a hormone disorder or general illness i'm sure it would be a lesser proportion for people who are underweight, loads of people choose not to eat too much to become slimmer.

Nina
03-30-2007, 09:04 AM
I think you misunderstand what I meant.
I talked about people who are "too thin". Most of them either have a disease of any sort, or fast metabolism. So it's difficult to gain weight. When I say "in most cases it is not like you described", I mean that in most cases it is difficult to gain weight for very thin people.
I wasnt talking about people who have a normal diet, or about which group of people does what when they are stressed.

Paint_It_Black
03-30-2007, 09:10 AM
t
hell, tons of Americans are insulin resistant (not diabetic). i know my husband is, and he used to be overweight because of it. on a brighter note, it's easily treatable... he lost like 40 lbs due to a proper diet. *shrugs*

I thought being overweight contributed to becoming insulin resistant, but you're saying it's the other way around?

what does piss me off, though, is people saying "fatphobia is the new racisismsism/sexism!". no. seriously. no. shut the fuck up.

Agreed. If anything fits that description it would be homophobia. Fat people get ridiculed more than most other "groups" but they aren't denied rights or murdered over it.

F@ BANKZ
03-30-2007, 09:12 AM
I think you misunderstand what I meant.
I talked about people who are "too thin". Most of them either have a disease of any sort, or fast metabolism. So it's difficult to gain weight. When I say "in most cases it is not like you described", I mean that in most cases it is difficult to gain weight for very thin people.
I wasnt talking about people who have a normal diet, or about which group of people does what when they are stressed.
Oh right, i agree with you all the way there then after all...

I was reffering just of the two terms overweight and underweight, not the extremes of the two.

JohnnyNemesis
03-30-2007, 09:13 AM
I hate when people make those statements too. Racism, sexism, and homophobia significantly affects the ways people are able/unable to progress in life.

Fatphobia? It's harmful, yes, but ... yeah, just read Richard's post.

Besides, fatphobia comes from the absolute dumbest people in our society. They're the people I dismiss most often every day for being so fucking stupid, so personally, I'm not about to take them seriously when they voice their opinions.

JohnnyNemesis
03-30-2007, 09:15 AM
ps. I should clarify that I DO understand that obese people do get treated very differently in society and I should also say that fatphobia DOES affect people's ability to progress in life in many ways and quite often. But it's sooo completely different from racism/sexism/homophobia in just as many ways.

Nina
03-30-2007, 09:17 AM
Wait, people actually compare it to things like racism?

I mean, it's a matter of appearance, and being "black" or "yellow" or whatever can also be a matter of appearance, but comparing the consequences of fatphobia and racism will show that they arent in the same league. I still cant believe people do that?

Sunny
03-30-2007, 09:19 AM
I thought being overweight contributed to becoming insulin resistant, but you're saying it's the other way around?

i think it goes both ways really =p
my understanding is that if you feed your body a lot of shit (carby/sugary stuff) your body has to release fucktons of insulin to balance it out. especially since simple carbohydrates elevate your blood sugar level like whoa. but eventually your cells get used to the insulin situation, and you become desensitized to your own insulin in a sense.
so if you eat a lot of refined carbs, you might fuck yourself over in the long run. :]
i might be wrong. dunno. i know that c. limited his carb intake and now all his clothes are like... huge on him. funz.

Agreed. If anything fits that description it would be homophobia. Fat people get ridiculed more than most other "groups" but they aren't denied rights or murdered over it.

not to mention, weight IS something that can usually be altered. race, sex or sexual orientation can't (ok, we have sex change surgery... but... yknow). you're basically born with it. :/

JoY
03-30-2007, 09:20 AM

insulin resistance is pretty much the pre-stage of diabetes. no one's born with insulin resistant fat, muscle & liver cells. insulin is a hormone, made by the pancreas, to eliminate glucose from the circulating blood. there are receptors for insulin on fat & muscle cells everywhere in the body, but they become irresponsive, if the pancreas has had to produce high levels of insulin frequently for a long time. especially when the level of insulin that circulates in the blood has had to go way up & way down to keep up with your eating patterns & circulating bloodsugars. after the receptors become irresponsive (it's pretty much the same story with any addiction, by the way), normal levels of insulin become inadequate.

99% of the people with insulin resistance have an unhealthy food pattern, imbalanced LDL & HDL intake, don't exercise & possibly have a genetic predisposition (differs individually).

insulin resistance is a huge problem, not everywhere, but mainly in countries with a high economic status & mainly in America. circulating bloodsugars don't make you fat (as far as I can see), it's when fat cells respond to insulin, that the uptake of circulating blood glucose in fat cells starts.

Edit: hah, I just noticed your later post. you're right for most part & explained it in more.. natural Enlish than I did.

Vera
03-30-2007, 09:21 AM
This topic gives me a headache. Here's why.

First, there is a huge difference between obese and overweight. A huge amount, perhaps even a majority of the people in the West are clinically overweight. I know I am but most people wouldn't call me obese, just perhaps tubby or chubby or "heavy" or whatever. Some of my friends are overweight by a couple of kilos or so but it just means they have meat around their bones. It's not even about weight, really. Weight isn't an indicator of health - physical condition, whether you sit on your ass a lot or walk, jog, run, go to the gym, play sports etc is more important in determining how healthy your lifestyle is.

I recently read an article about the "weight myths" and one of the things that shocked me the most was that the weight index thingy people rely on so much was actually changed. It used to different for men and women but then somebody decided to make it a standard 25 for everybody. So with that decision, tons of "healthy" weighted people became overweight in an instant.

But I'll understand that in this topic we're not talking about the little fatties with non-model-esque figures, we're talking people who could run over tanks with their mass. Who're obese and could take up three seats in an airplane type o' fat.

Because I have a huge problem (pun not intended) with people being divided into skinny and fat. It's that kind of divide that causes the problems that people, whether chubby, skinny, obese or normal-weight have.

Lots of talk about food addiction - STFU about that, for reals. It's got nothing to do with the problem that is being overweight. Eating disorders - whether the kind that make you underweight or the kind that make you overweight - are all caused by this obsession one begins to have with food. People don't get addicted to food but what they do get is a sense of comfort from eating it. You have anorexics and you have over-eaters. The irony here is that anorexics are skinny but don't eat because they feel bad about feeling fat (even when they're not) and the over-eaters eat because they feel bad about about being fat - because food is the comfort that they know.

There's low self-esteem on both sides of the fence and thus calling all fat people disgusting is not really helping them out, just like calling skinny people disgusting or giving them a burger is not helping them out. A little tolerance and understanding would go a long way in BOTH cases because the problem isn't food or an addiction to it - it's very often about low self-esteem and/or depression.

PiB is right that people are nasty no matter what size or weight they are. To say "I hate obese people" because your room mate is a fucktard is a very gross generalization. You're pissed off at your room mate, Bri? Go ahead and hate on the fat fuck. But some of the fatties out there are the loveliest people you'll ever meet. Unless you look down on them just because they weight a little extra - but again, I'm going to assume you don't group all the overweight people amongst the worst case obese people, who're clearly ill on that account. Though it's a cycle that feeds itself (pun not intended).

Sunny
03-30-2007, 09:23 AM

I mean, it's a matter of appearance, and being "black" or "yellow" or whatever can also be a matter of appearance, but comparing the consequences of fatphobia and racism will show that they arent in the same league. I still cant believe people do that?

yar. it's my understanding that a lot of people in kma_c on lj hold that belief. they also demand that subway/plane/movie seats be made bigger to accomodate the expanding American waistline. because, yknow, reasonable sized movie theater seats = DISCRIMINASHUN!

Llamas
03-30-2007, 09:29 AM
Vera, I love your post. And no, I wasn't grouping people. There are certainly different degrees, and being overweight is amazingly different from being obese.

Paint_It_Black
03-30-2007, 09:29 AM
my understanding is that if you feed your body a lot of shit (carby/sugary stuff) your body has to release fucktons of insulin to balance it out. especially since simple carbohydrates elevate your blood sugar level like whoa. but eventually your cells get used to the insulin situation, and you become desensitized to your own insulin in a sense.

That was my understanding too, until I had a physical a week ago and quizzed the doc. I asked about that, even though I tested "excellently" for insulin resistance. He told me that what you just said is a common misconception and it's actually fat that plays a much bigger role than sugar. I have no idea why though, I was just content to take his word for it.

Some stupid people are starting to.

Sunny
03-30-2007, 09:36 AM
That was my understanding too, until I had a physical a week ago and quizzed the doc. I asked about that, even though I tested "excellently" for insulin resistance. He told me that what you just said is a common misconception and it's actually fat that plays a much bigger role than sugar. I have no idea why though, I was just content to take his word for it.

iiii am so confused, because i heard the exact opposite from my doc. ha. wtf!

stanford's website says "Research indicates that low fat diets may aggravate the effect of insulin resistance on blood lipids. Therefore, for individuals who are insulin resistant, a diet low in saturated fat (less than 10 percent of total calories) and more moderate in total fat content (40% of total calories) may be beneficial." and i'd trust stanford. =p

mew who knows!!

JoY
03-30-2007, 09:37 AM
intra abdominal fat is stuck between the organs & the muscle wall. it prevents muscles from taking up blood sugars. this is also why the BMI score is pretty outdated in medicine & why we currently use the size of the waistline more frequently.

Low Density Lipids are supertiny & are able to invade most structures. High Density Lipids transport LDL & can't invade anything, because they're too big. therefore HDL = good cholesterol, LDL = bad cholesterol. if your levels of HDL & LDL are imbalanced, that means you have high levels of LDL & low levels of HDL. this simply has to do with your food intake. imbalanced cholesterol plays a large role in developing insulin resistance & eventually Diabetes Mellitus type 2.

bloodsugars result in fat, if muscle cells don't respond to insulin thanks to inactivity & fat cells do. if you have enough HDL to transport the LDL, than it becomes a lot less of a problem. (this is putting it simply without creepy details, because then I would suddenly have to start seriously looking into it too, & part of my medical side would like to, but then my human side really doesn't feel like it & realises it'd only bore you to hell & back)

more Edit: Mags, saturated fats are fats that are.. saturated. so all their binding sites for free lipids are occupied. fats that aren't saturated still have binding sites to bind free lipids & therefore are incredibly important for the transport of lipids aswell.

JohnnyNemesis
03-30-2007, 09:38 AM
Racism is not [solely or even mostly] about appearance, unless this is 1920 again and I just didn't realize. Just wanted to say that before moving on with my life, kthx bai2u!~

Paint_It_Black
03-30-2007, 09:44 AM
iiii am so confused, because i heard the exact opposite from my doc. ha. wtf!

Seems like a good place to mention i hate doctors.

stanford's website says "Research indicates that low fat diets may aggravate the effect of insulin resistance on blood lipids. Therefore, for individuals who are insulin resistant, a diet low in saturated fat (less than 10 percent of total calories) and more moderate in total fat content (40% of total calories) may be beneficial." and i'd trust stanford.

Hmm, that's talking about people who are already insulin resistant though. I was talking about what makes you become insulin resistant in the first place. Right? I'm petty tired and could be misreading.

Lots of talk about food addiction - STFU about that, for reals. It's got nothing to do with the problem that is being overweight. Eating disorders - whether the kind that make you underweight or the kind that make you overweight - are all caused by this obsession one begins to have with food. People don't get addicted to food but what they do get is a sense of comfort from eating it.

And what about when they become dependent on that sense of comfort? When they feel they need it? When they can't resist it? Couldn't you call that food addiction?

It's like saying smokers aren't addicted to cigarettes, they're addicted to nicotine. It may be sort of correct, but since the cigarette provides the nicotine you can safely call them cigarette addicts. And of course the act of smoking is habit forming, just as the act of eating can be.

I agree with everything else you said though. Nice job pointing out weight isn't the most important factor when determining health. Though obviously anyone morbidly obese isn't going to be healthy.

JoY
03-30-2007, 09:49 AM
Richard, I agree with every aspect of your reply to Sanni.

& I tried to explain a bit of the background of insulin resistance & the role of sugars & lipids.

Paint_It_Black
03-30-2007, 09:51 AM
I tried to explain a bit of the background of insulin resistance & the role of sugars & lipids.

I know, and it looked like really good information. I read it as best I could in my current sleep-deprived state but couldn't really take anything in. It would maybe be over my head anyway, even if I wasn't dead tired.

Edit: Can you maybe sum up the basics of what is likely to cause insulin resistance?

Vera
03-30-2007, 09:52 AM
I don't know. I guess it could be considered an addiction though it's clear food can't give the type of high that drugs, cigarettes, alcohol or an orgasm can. Otherwise we'd all be food addicts.

Paint_It_Black
03-30-2007, 09:55 AM
But we aren't all drug and sex addicts, just like we aren't all food addicts.

Food may not give the same high as a drug, but it's more convenient. You can eat anywhere, and you can eat constantly. You don't have to worry about overdosing, you can't be arrested for it, and it's not expensive. I feel the convenience of it counterbalances the fact that it's not a high like snorting cocaine or something.

Sunny
03-30-2007, 10:34 AM
i think PiB is right. food has the same advantages as exercising, sex or tanning (three other things people can get easily addicted to) - it's widely available, legal and socially accepted. not to mention cheaper than most mind-altering substances.

Mota Boy
03-30-2007, 10:47 AM
I don't know if I'm going to make it further into this thread, so this may have already been said.

Most people suck, regardless of what they weigh. They're obnoxious, selfish, rude, and hypocritical in whatever special way applies to them. I don't see the sense in singling out the fatties.Because fat people are unattractive, which is a double-bonus of obnoxious. If you're unappealing to look at, why would you back that up with being unappealing to be around? I can tune out the annoying, I can't stop seeing the ugly. That said, I'm not talking people who aren't skinny, or people who are a bit overweight. I mean that when you start having visible, thick tubes of fat ringing your torso, threatening to breach the levy of your belt. And your face is ugly. Let's just say you've gotta be pretty damn hideous before I go from indifference to repulsion, but there is a line, and personality bumps it up considerably.

Sex has similar brain reactions to drugs for some people. People can be addicted to sex, physically.Studies have shown that when people are asked to think about eating their favorite foods, the same areas of the brain light up as when cocaine addicts think of snorting coke.

Still, similar studies have basically shown that anything that brings you pleasure can be "addictive". Personally, I think of fat people blaming genetics as alcoholics blaming the alcohol gene. Yes, there's a genetic disposition. No, that's not the only factor that determines your outcome, and blaming it only makes you sound pathetic (just like blaming any personal condition on any exogenous factor does).

RoxnRollBassist
03-30-2007, 10:55 AM
another thing is, its more expensive and inconvienent now a days to eat healthier. Not many families have time to cook a healthy meal, instead they have time to get some mcdonalds. Seriously, I eat so much Subway, cauz thats the only sort of healthy fast food i can have! ha maybe i will be the next jerad, except a chick, And healthier options at the grociery store do cost more than regular not so healthy foods. Like those lean cuasines and stuff cost more. I mean not much more but if ur really on a budget it makes it difficult.

Sunny
03-30-2007, 11:02 AM
i think roxnrollperson brought up a really good point, which is the connection between size and class. healthy, fresh food is expensive, fast food is dirt cheap. annnnd cooking from scratch takes time... if you don't have a lot of money and have to work extra hours, fast food seems like the easiest option. =/

nieh
03-30-2007, 11:11 AM
Richard has done such a swell job in this thread that I'm kind of half-expecting to find out that he has a secret addiction to something crazy like raisin bread.

Most people have some sort of crutch to help them deal with bad situations or even just the stress of day to day life, even if they never get to the point of being actual addictions. Things like alcohol, coffee, smoking, masturbating, and eating. Most of these are acceptable simply because their effects are for the most part invisable. Eating (and to a much lesser extent, smoking) are really the only things that cause a change in your appearance. It seems strange that people would get hostile over things like these simply because the person's crutch has a visable effect on them. Smokers are gross though.

I've been drinking dayquil like it's water for the last few days, so don't mind me.

Llamas
03-30-2007, 11:17 AM
I personally find one person smoking to be less irritating than one person who's 300 lbs, though. Personality aside, I'm more likely to avoid the obese person than the smoker. Not saying that I would avoid someone based on either of those, but if I were to, that would be the case.

All About Eve
03-30-2007, 11:22 AM
Why would you avoid the fat person when there's nothing his fat is actually doing to you, and not avoid the smoker whose second-hand smoke can cause a variety of health issues?

Sunny
03-30-2007, 11:25 AM
I personally find one person smoking to be less irritating than one person who's 300 lbs, though. Personality aside, I'm more likely to avoid the obese person than the smoker.

it's the exact opposite for me. i can't even compare the two. i'm not bothered by 300 lbs people cause like.. what's the worst that can happen? they'll sit on me? or i'll catch teh fatz from them? ;p

i haaaate being around smokers though. hatehatehate. it smells awful and makes me tear up, and makes my clothes/hair smell like ass. which is why i'm so so glad new york banned smoking in bars.

Llamas
03-30-2007, 11:25 AM
Being around one smoker once isn't going to cause health problems. And I'm honestly a little more grossed out by obesity than smoking.

edit: sunny, perhaps I was more inclined to be like you when I was still in the US. Since smoking is so common here, and it's not banned anywhere, I've gotten 100% used to it. Maybe if I was around obese people all the time, I'd get used to them, too... but smoke to me is just not as gross as fat. The only thing that's so bad about smoke is the smell, and I've just gotten so used to it.

Sin Studly
03-30-2007, 11:28 AM

Yes, there is.

Physical addiction is when your body becomes used to a certain chemical and starts to react badly when not having it. It's factually impossible to become physically addicted after trying anything once, no matter how physically addictive the substance might be. Heroin takes at least three or four days of regular dosing before somebody can be physically addicted, and alcohol usually takes decades.

Navampa
03-30-2007, 12:44 PM
I don't think this is true, at least not in my experience. I grew up with tons (lawlz, no pun intended) of obese people for some odd reason, in my family and friends, and most of them eat about half as much/often as I do. In fact, I hardly ever see them eat anything unhealthy and they exercise religiously (possibly relateds to low self-esteem), but they have horrible horrible metabolism. It's pretty sad to watch.

I think most people assume the worst about obese people because dismissal is always easier than understanding.

That's so sad...

They try to do all this work, while there are skinny people who eat a lot and get lots of excercise. It's like they don't deserve it.

HeadAroundU
03-30-2007, 12:51 PM
As everybody knows Fat kills!!!11 but it's not really the truth, I know, it's disappointing for you. It's a fucking stress in combination with teh Fat kills!!1. So Brianna, if you want to get rid of him, get him into stressful situations. It's a perfect homicide.

Vera's post seems like the best one, I've browsed this thread by the speed of light.

Llamas
03-30-2007, 12:53 PM
This sounds like a fantastic plan. Now I must come up with a way to stress him out...

Whiplash
03-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Hide his food, That should stress him the hell out.

calichix
03-30-2007, 01:46 PM
a lot of you are giving the impression that when you see an overweight person you look down your nose at him in disgust or simply leave because being in the company of a fatty is too much for you to bear. wtf.

the idea of obesity is most certainly disgusting and, as I said before, not too pitiable. but everyone knows the "lovable fat guy". I think he deserves an honorable mention.

Nina
03-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Physical addiction is when your body becomes used to a certain chemical and starts to react badly when not having it. It's factually impossible to become physically addicted after trying anything once, no matter how physically addictive the substance might be. Heroin takes at least three or four days of regular dosing before somebody can be physically addicted, and alcohol usually takes decades.

I stand corrected!
I thought it would be quicker. I guess drug addicts are a little more stupid than I thought :[

Mota Boy
03-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Things like alcohol, coffee, smoking, masturbating, and eating. Most of these are acceptable simply because their effects are for the most part invisable. Eating (and to a much lesser extent, smoking) are really the only things that cause a change in your appearance.Alcohol contains a ton of calories, which do nothing to satiate your average everyday hunger. It's hard to be an alcoholic and not gain weight.

nieh
03-30-2007, 03:09 PM
Alcohol contains a ton of calories, which do nothing to satiate your average everyday hunger. It's hard to be an alcoholic and not gain weight.

That's true, but I was talking about things used as crutches without actually being on the level of addictions so not really alcoholics. I'd imagine a food-crutch person would ends up taking in a lot more calories than someone who has a few drinks after work.

F@ BANKZ
03-30-2007, 03:37 PM
It depends on the amount: one pint of beer has almost the exact same amount of calories than a chocolate bar but calories arn't always the best indication of these things as they have nothing to do with weight.

JoY
03-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Edit: Can you maybe sum up the basics of what is likely to cause insulin resistance?

no one's born with insulin resistant fat, muscle & liver cells. there are receptors for insulin on fat & muscle cells everywhere in the body, but they become irresponsive, if the pancreas has had to produce high levels of insulin frequently for a long time. especially when the level of insulin that circulates in the blood has had to go way up & way down to keep up with your eating patterns & circulating bloodsugars. after the receptors become irresponsive (it's pretty much the same story with any addiction, by the way), normal levels of insulin become inadequate.

99% of the people with insulin resistance have an unhealthy food pattern, imbalanced LDL & HDL intake, don't exercise & possibly have a genetic predisposition (differs individually).

insulin resistance is a huge problem, not everywhere, but mainly in countries with a high economic status & mainly in America. circulating bloodsugars don't make you fat (as far as I can see), it's when fat cells respond to insulin, that the uptake of circulating blood glucose in fat cells starts.

that pretty much summed it up. it's a pretty long story, still, but I don't really know if I could explain it any shorter, because I feel like I'd leave out relevant stuff. the other post I made was mostly in answer to why docs would say fat = an important factor. it's not exactly, directly talking in the fat you eat, but it's mostly body fat, that of course is a result of your intake. =)

SkunkIt
03-30-2007, 03:43 PM
Anyone who weighs that much and it isn't muscle, isn't in any position to tell anyone what to eat.

I'm overweight, but fat aunt tried to give me excersize advice once, telling me it'll help me slim down. "Every morning when you wake up, stretch your arms and legs" and I thought "How the hell does stretchig make you lose weight? I should be giving you excersize advice, lady."

If what someone is eating is working for them, it's really noone's business what they eat, unless someone is concerned that they are getting too fat or have some kind of eating disorder or allergy.

here's what you do if someone simply complains, because what you're eating isn't good enough for them:

Fat Person: "You can't eat that, it'll make you fat"
Healthy and not morbidly obese you: "Fuck off, I'll eat whatever the fuck I want."

ninthlayer
03-30-2007, 03:44 PM
My roommate is fat and smokes, lololo. I don't beef with either of these categories of people because that act is outside of my not giving a damn/not giving a fuck approach to life.

Oh, and here's some fun information:
I sit at a computer and play video games all day, either stuffing my face with those little pretzel goldfish or Campbell's Chunky Beef Sirloin and Country Vegetables self serves, I drink often, and my job consists of sitting. I hardly (if ever) exercise. I live an unhealthly lifestyle and am currently at my heaviest weight ever: a whopping 143 pounds.

Point of all that? I don't mind fat people at all, as I could easily become one myself. I'll laugh at the occasional fat woman, because goddamn they're amazing, but after seeing a fat man without a shirt on for the umpteenth time you become desensitized to the whole thing and don't cringe as much at the sight of stretch marks.

Lololo, fat killz.

calichix
03-30-2007, 03:47 PM
A lot of fat people just have really unfortunate metabolisms. I eat like a majorly corn fed heffer, I can't imagine having to watch my weight. It doesn't sound difficult, but neither does breaking an addiction or like, doing yoga..

JohnnyNemesis
03-30-2007, 03:49 PM
This sounds a lot like me. Trade white Ricky for black Ricky and be my soulmate.

I'm at my heaviest weight ever right now too: 145 woooooooo!

You're supposed to hit 300 in '09 though, fag.

EDIT: @ninth.

mrconeman
03-30-2007, 03:50 PM
I'm a little underweight myself. Nothing drastic, I'd just like to pack on some meat.

I too eat like a savage and don't put on weight. :( /:)

ninthlayer
03-30-2007, 03:56 PM
That's two years away and WHOA-OA, WE'RE HALFWAY THERE.

nieh
03-30-2007, 03:56 PM

The heaviest I've ever been was 140. I lost a bit for a while but I think I ended up gaining back more so I might actually be a little heavier now, I just haven't stepped on a scale in forever.

JohnnyNemesis
03-30-2007, 03:57 PM
That's two years away and WHOA-OA, WE'RE HALFWAY THERE.

ef;hdhcuijhfv dfg fdhBONJOVIGASMugfedbhbf My fucking GOD I want you so bad right now.

The heaviest I've ever been was 140. I lost a bit for a while but I think I ended up gaining back more so I might actually be a little heavier now, I just haven't stepped on a scale in forever.

I'll take you too, Jersey boy.

JoY
I constantly have to watch my weight. yeah, I'm one of those persons. & it gets annoying for my surrounding too. like, when you feel you can't eat stuff, or when you nag about having gained weight.. because I'm scared to shit I'll regain all the weight that I lost in total, because that's kind of a scary amount of kgs. my metabolism is superslow. I can't eat anything after 8 PM, because it instantly will be stored. & I can feel it doesn't get digested the next morning.

of course there's this factor of me not having a superhealthy life-style, but when I flipped that around when I was 18, it still cost me over a year of eating close to nothing & exercising hours every day to lose the fucking fat. taking Ritalin supposedly makes me lose weight - uh, not really. & when you have a mom that's been pretty much anorexic since the age of 14, food just makes you pissed off, because way too many stupid fucking people (including me) fucking obsess over it.

there are moments that I eat & just don't think about it, but then I will think about it moments later, while bringing food to my mouth, & then the whole fear of getting fat just fills me like whoa & makes me go like, "ignore it, ignore it, fuck it, fuck it."

Navampa
Jesus...You guys are light. I'm 13 and 160...and 6 feet...I don't think that's too bad. But 145 for like, a twenty year old?

ninthlayer
03-30-2007, 04:05 PM
ef;hdhcuijhfv dfg fdhBONJOVIGASMugfedbhbf My fucking GOD I want you so bad right now.
I do what I can (can I do you plz? lololo).

nieh
03-30-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm not sure it's possible for more Bella to be a bad thing.

JoY
03-30-2007, 04:22 PM
<333333 to Josh.
somehow I hate it when people say that (because.. well, people must be bullshitting me, because NO ONE wants a fat Bella), but at the same time I love it. so, so cute.<3

I remember my mother being superpleased that I lost weight (logically, seeing her obsession with food), while my dad was just looking at me, asking me if I felt better now & if I wasn't going bazerk over the whole food-/losing weight-thing. <3. & my boyfriend actually pouted every time I started watching my weight again, because he saw it as some kind of sign of unhappiness with myself, when in his eyes I'm absolutely not allowed to ever feel unhappy about myself. that kind of support has changed so much for me, so thanks for the positive vibe, babe.

Duskygrin
03-31-2007, 04:15 AM
Obese ppl don't disgust me per se, the fact of constantly stuffing yourself does though. Also I tend to cry when I see someone obese having difficulty walking, sitting etc. Tears just spring to my eyes, it's a bad habit I should really try to break.

H1T_That
03-31-2007, 04:17 AM
My roommate (not the one I share a room with) weighs around 300 lbs /136 kg. This in itself didn't really bother me at all. Nearly every time I go downstairs to the kitchen, he is there. If he's in his room, and I go down to make food and am down there for more than 10 minutes, he shows up. He then proceeds to spend a great deal of time making a ton of food. I think he cooks around 5 times a day, and every time, he makes enough food for 3 or 4 people. He is almost always in the kitchen, and I hate having to work around him... but it really just absolutely disgusts me, because he sometimes makes comments about the food I eat... that it's "typical American" (when I make sandwiches or pasta), or that I shouldn't eat it. It's like he looks down on what other people eat, because he makes such elaborate food. He throws out so much, too. I brought home an onion dish, and two days later, he said it was inedible and told me to throw it out. Also, he forbid one of our roommates, who is from Indonesia, to cook in the morning. This roommate almost always eats Rice, and the fat guy doesn't like the smell in the morning (his room, like mine is upstairs. You can't smell it up here.) How dare he tell other people what to cook and when to cook it?

Really, I just get absolutely disgusted when I see him down there 5 times a day... all he ever does is cook, eat, watch tv, and go on skype. Most of the time he's eating and watching tv.

I haven't read the full thread so i don't know if this has already been said...

Not all obese people are that faggoted.

JoY
03-31-2007, 07:10 AM
when a topic has been going on for four pages (depends on how many posts per page you got), you can safely assume the obvious has already been said. a billion times. ;P

All About Eve
03-31-2007, 07:17 AM
Jeez, you boys are tiny. I'm a couple pounds under my heaviest at 223.

Mota Boy
03-31-2007, 11:13 AM

I live an unhealthly lifestyle and am currently at my heaviest weight ever: a whopping 143 pounds. That's two years away and WHOA-OA, WE'RE HALFWAY THERE.

With your powers combined...

wheelchairman
03-31-2007, 11:18 AM
You are captain planet?

khaaaaan
03-31-2007, 11:20 AM
Haha, captain planet's cool:cool:

mrconeman
03-31-2007, 11:23 AM
The power is yours!

Little_Miss_1565
03-31-2007, 11:44 AM
Haha, more like Captain the size of a Planet. ;) Funny, I actually outweigh Ricky and Ninthy. Eat a sandwich, for fuck's sake.

ninthlayer
03-31-2007, 12:00 PM
http://prisonpackages.biz/packstore/images/chunkyburger.jpg
I had three of these on Thursday.

http://www.litwack.org/photos/snacker.jpg
I had two of these yesterday.

So I'm fucking trying for the prize.

Nina
03-31-2007, 12:01 PM
BUT, I hope that's not the only food you had on those days.

Llamas
03-31-2007, 12:02 PM
Ninth, you could do so much better.

ninthlayer
03-31-2007, 12:03 PM
Probably not, but it's what sticks out. I didn't eat much yesterday because I wanted to get wicked drunkkkkkk (mission accomplished). I eat a lot of tuna fish sandwiches (because they're easy as fuck to make).

Nina
03-31-2007, 12:04 PM
Well although you're tiny you dont eat enough if you have less than 2000 calories a day! So...I dunno. I'm not surprised you dont weigh much ;P

ninthlayer
03-31-2007, 12:05 PM
Brb foodz.

Little_Miss_1565
03-31-2007, 12:05 PM
My bed manufacturer person says it can hold 700 pounds. Someday, Ricky and Sean and I will find out if this is the case. Lolololol mod threesome (except Sean isn't a mod).

ninthlayer
03-31-2007, 12:10 PM
I should probably have honorary mod status. I was in the runnings for modship even though I never really expressed any interest in the endeavor (I miss my monosyllabic handle =/).

Oh, and I forgot to put the red lid thing on my soup while I was nuking it. It still tastes fine though.

Llamas
03-31-2007, 12:15 PM
You're supposed to leave the lid ON?? wtf kind of soup is that? I thought that you were supposed to leave it off... or am I thinking of a different soup. huh.

Also, tuna fish sandwiches... do you just like, open the can and dump it on bread? haha. My roommate just dumps the can in a bowl and eats it like that. Ew.

ninthlayer
03-31-2007, 12:21 PM
No, needs moar fatz. I put in a ton of mayonnaise and pickle relish and slap in on bread. One can of tuna makes two sandwiches.

Llamas
03-31-2007, 12:24 PM
haha, now that is one classy meal.

ninthlayer
03-31-2007, 12:25 PM
It's classier when I use wheat bread.

Nina
03-31-2007, 12:26 PM
No, needs moar fatz.

You're a lovely, lovely person.

ninthlayer
03-31-2007, 12:27 PM
'k, sex?

Nina
03-31-2007, 12:30 PM
only if you smear tuna all over yourself!

..wait, this didnt work out like I had planned :(

Llamas
03-31-2007, 12:31 PM
Ewwwww. Get a room PLEASEEEEE.

Venom Symbiote
03-31-2007, 07:32 PM
Totally late to this thread, but yeah, I don't think you're being overly judgemental Llamas (then again I'm a harsh bastard anyway, so meh).

I just don't really understand the obesity thing. I mean, yeah, some people have glandular problems, and I can understand that. They shouldn't be demonized or whatever, because there's basically fuck-all they can do about it.

But the amount of fat people you see around? Fuck off, not all of them have genetic issues that make them that way. It's laziness and gluttony.

Like...again, I know some people have faster metabolisms or whatever, some people are slower, some people are more resistant to gaining weight than others, whatever. But like...I'm a lazy fuck. I eat ok, but I'm no health freak. I'll eat junk when I feel like it. Yeah, I exercise and play sport, but probably not enough. Not as much as I should. Totally casual with all this shit, and I'm friggin' skinny if anything.

Again, maybe that's some natural metabolism thing, maybe not. I don't know, I'm not a doctor.

But HOW FUCKING LAZY does someone have to be to get that big, y'know? If I do jack-all regarding hardcore workouts and I don't worry too much about what I eat, the extent someone must have to go to to be able to weigh 160kg or whatever is just insane.

With little kids, I guess the parents are to blame. But I honestly think once someone hits their teens, the blame shifts to them y'know? If I were that big and it wasn't medical-related I would be ashamed of myself, and I think the majority of fat people should be. They don't need pity, they need to be mocked into doing something about it.

I know I'm rambling and sound like a dick, but yeah...

Mildly overweight I can deal with. I just don't fucking understand how someone who is 5'8 or whatever can weight close to twice as much as me who is like 7 inches taller than that.

I can't even comprehend that. McDonalds isn't the Great Evil, I'll eat it once every few weeks/once a month or whatever, but you hear stories of people EATING THIS SHIT EVERY DAY.

That, to me, is worthy of ridicule. That's nothing to feel sorry for, that's a fat lazy tub-bucket of goo who is weak as a person. Spend the $200 on a treadmill and include some fruit & vegetables with your weekly shopping list of fucking macaroni & cheese or whatever.

It's not the fact they're fat that annoys me, it's that they're weak-willed and basically bad people. In general. Again: not the ones with medical problems, they escape the blame and should be treated with respect. Just not the rest of 'em.

mrconeman
03-31-2007, 07:34 PM
tl ; dr

Llamas
03-31-2007, 07:37 PM
Your post does make me want to point out that there are SO MANY more obese people in the US than in Austria*. Like, my roommate is one of maybe 5 horribly obese people I've come into contact with here. Yet there are so many in the US. This leads me even more to believe that it's less of a "some people are unlucky with metabolism", and more of a "wow you're lazy and don't give a shit about your health". Because what, Austrians just have better metabolism genes? I pretty much doubt that.

*it was the same in Italy, too. It seems like Europeans in general are thinner.

Oh, and hispanics, too. They eat like SHIT, and I rarely ever saw an obese hispanic in the US... it's alway whitey who's fat.

Wow, I've gone bitchy at 4:30am...

Venom Symbiote
03-31-2007, 07:48 PM
Yeah, but Hispanics have to run around farming the beans for their meals, they can't hire any whitey minimum-wagers to do it for them. :p Exercise.

But yeah, I'm not sure what it's like in Canada/the U.K. or whatever (the British just have bad teeth), but the U.S.A. and Australia are right up there with the fattest nations on earth.

It's fucking dumb. Like, maybe it's something to do with a good upbringing, being taught that eating that way is going to turn you into a disgusting lard-ass, but I still don't get how someone can get that big without realising "hey, I'm turning into Jabba the fucking Hutt, I'd better start going for a run in the mornings before work and eating more veggies".

It blows the fucking mind. Like, I play casual basketball with friends once every two weeks, and that's fucking IT as far as my exercise goes these days. I drink more Coke than I should and spend too much time lazing around in my free time watching movies and shit. HOW CAN PEOPLE BE THAT FUCKING BIG?

It's seriously almost enraging. I'm not exactly a shining example of a "gym three times a week/daily jogging/protein enhancements and health shakes" lifestyle, these people must be fucking terminal gluttons.

ninthlayer
03-31-2007, 08:37 PM
tl; dr

HornyPope
03-31-2007, 08:48 PM
Lol let him post more.

tl ; dr

Llamas
04-01-2007, 02:12 AM
Someone pm me what tl ; dr means. :(

JohnnyNemesis
04-01-2007, 03:03 AM
tl ; dr

This is so fucking win that I might collapse.

ninthlayer
04-01-2007, 03:05 AM
Someone pm me what tl ; dr means. :(
Quoted for GTFO and use Google, you lazy fgt.

Rita
04-01-2007, 05:45 AM
Obesity - is sucks !!!!! Not just because it makes people look ugly but also because it coses a lot of disiases.

ZagmenO
04-01-2007, 02:09 PM
I'm gonna clear this up because I'm a nice guy/I like spoiling all the "1337's" fun times.

tl ; dr stands for "Too long; didn't read."

Anymore inside jokes you'd like Dr. Zaggy to point out, I'd be happy to announce the answers for all to see. :)

Llamas
04-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Thanks for clearing that up 12 hours later... I'd long figured it out by then...

JohnnyNemesis
04-01-2007, 02:53 PM
I'm gonna clear this up because I'm a nice guy/I like spoiling all the "1337's" fun times.

tl ; dr stands for "Too long; didn't read."

Anymore inside jokes you'd like Dr. Zaggy to point out, I'd be happy to announce the answers for all to see. :)

Three questions, if I may:

1. What does the "1337" have to do with this?
2. How does something you can easily find on Google or urbandictionary.com qualify as an "inside joke"?
3. Why are you such an idiot?

ZagmenO
04-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Three questions, if I may:

1. What does the "1337" have to do with this?
2. How does something you can easily find on Google or urbandictionary.com qualify as an "inside joke"?
3. Why are you such an idiot?

3 Answers:

1. I don't actually know what the "1337" thing is all about. I just assumed it referred to the inexplicably popular jerks 'round here.

2. Because people were acting like it was some big privilege to know what it meant, they were clearly proud of themselves for it, and they were gonna make fun of all the "n00bs" for not knowing.

3. I've been on this board long enough to reach max idiocy.

0r4ng3
04-01-2007, 03:02 PM
3. I've been on this board long enough to reach max idiocy.
I'm fairly sure that you've been sort of an idiot the whole time you've been here. If anything, your idiocy isn't even as extreme as it used to be.

JohnnyNemesis
04-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Because people were acting like it was some big privilege to know what it meant, they were clearly proud of themselves for it, and they were gonna make fun of all the "n00bs" for not knowing.

By "people" you must mean "ninthlayer", who was the only person who did anything even remotely close to that (and even that was a stretch).

So, not only are you an idiot, but you're full of shit too. I wish you were fucking dead, but for reasons beyond your idiocy in this thread.

Go. Now. Fucking die. Now.

Llamas
04-01-2007, 03:08 PM
By the way, Zag, in my post, I clearly asked someone to PM me the response. I actually DID receive what I asked for. I didn't ask anyone to post the response, so nobody was being an ass. Learn to read.

ZagmenO
04-01-2007, 03:09 PM
OK, dude. All I did was just answer a question. I don't see why you need to be all "Fucking Die" or whatever trillions of things you've been saying to me for quite some months now. Seriously, you've been using those lines too much. Played out. You gotta get some new material. Actually, no. Scratch that! If you keep repeating yourself just a liiiiiittle bit longer, they could make a pull-string doll outta you. Ah, I can see it now:

"Ladies & Germs, it's the JohnnyNemesis pull-string doll!!! He says thousands of different catch phrases and one liners! Such as: "Fucking die, scumbag!" "Your mother's a stupid whore!" "Shoot Yourself!" And oh so much more! Call now and you get a free JohnnyNemesis Pez Despensor!

Yea...

By the way, Zag, in my post, I clearly asked someone to PM me the response. I actually DID receive what I asked for. I didn't ask anyone to post the response, so nobody was being an ass. Learn to read.

I wasn't answering you in particular, just showing off my knowledge.

JohnnyNemesis
04-01-2007, 03:13 PM
All I did was just answer a question.

If that was all you did, then we wouldn't even be having this disagreement. You answered the question and added a bunch of inexpicably stupid bullshit to it. I shot it to pieces and now you're all butthurt. Cut it out.

Seriously, you've been using those lines too much. Played out.

That's kind of the point of the lines. They're such stupid lines that they're that much more effective because people like you ACTUALLY find them upsetting. No decent or even halfway intelligent human being would even bother taking me seriously when I say all that, but people like you get so up in arms about it that you make a string-doll out of me. It's amazing.

"Shoot Yourself!" And oh so much more! Call now and you get a free JohnnyNemesis Pez Despensor!

I've never, ever, ever said "Shoot Yourself!". Good god, you even fail at PARODIES. You're hopeless.

Llamas
04-01-2007, 03:13 PM
OK, dude. All I did was just answer a question.

Umm... so, if you weren't answering my question, whose question were you answering?

Llamas
04-01-2007, 03:14 PM
If you keep repeating yourself just a liiiiiittle bit longer, they could make a pull-string doll outta you.

I would prefer a JN sex doll.

goonadie1day
04-01-2007, 03:18 PM

You would! Probably post some videos on YouTube aswell...
lolololo

JohnnyNemesis
04-01-2007, 03:20 PM

There's not enough plastic in the world to make a truly accurate JN sex doll.

ZagmenO
04-01-2007, 03:21 PM
If that was all you did, then we wouldn't even be having this disagreement. You answered the question and added a bunch of inexpicably stupid bullshit to it. I shot it to pieces and now you're all butthurt. Cut it out.

Butthurt? What're you on dude? I know this board like the back of my hand. Hey that's funny. I gotta weird hair growin' outta there...

That's kind of the point of the lines. They're such stupid lines that they're that much more effective because people like you ACTUALLY find them upsetting. No decent or even halfway intelligent human being would even bother taking me seriously when I say all that, but people like you get so up in arms about it that you make a string-doll out of me. It's amazing.

Seems to me like you're just so full of yourself that you think what you say actually offends people. It doesn't. Get over yourself. But yea! They are stupid! Thumbs up there, buddy!

I've never, ever, ever said "Shoot Yourself!". Good god, you even fail at PARODIES. You're hopeless.

Maybe it was "Kill yourself." I dunno. You're not important enough for me to keep track of. Go fail somewhere else.

Umm... so, if you weren't answering my question, whose question were you answering?

Just people who don't know.

Llamas
04-01-2007, 03:22 PM
You would! Probably post some videos on YouTube aswell...
lolololo
Ok gross.

lawlz. perv.

0r4ng3
04-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Why, are you really fat or something?

Edit: I didn't even realize how on topic I was for a moment there.

JohnnyNemesis
04-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Seems to me like you're just so full of yourself that you think what you say actually offends people.

You missed the point. It's not supposed to offend you. I just see you and others get bent out of shape and it's hilarious. Of course the other part of my reason for saying it is because I'm lazy, but that's another issue.

Maybe it was "Kill yourself."

Nope, never said that one either. Nice try though.

You're not important enough for me to keep track of.

...you were able to accurately point out all those other qualities about me and got my other phrases EXACTLY right, but now you can't keep track of me?

You're doing this to yourself right now and it's embarrassing. I'll be the first to admit that I'm just as pathetic for going back and forth with you like this, but Jesus fucking CHRIST, you're just amazing in your stupidity.

Reading your posts is like watching that retarded dog chase his own tail for a few laps.

goonadie1day
04-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Ok gross.

Goddamit... that was me trying to make a joke... which i apparantly fucking suck ass at....

ZagmenO
04-01-2007, 04:01 PM
You missed the point. It's not supposed to offend you. I just see you and others get bent out of shape and it's hilarious. Of course the other part of my reason for saying it is because I'm lazy, but that's another issue.

Well, give it a rest. That's all I can say. Also, I never got bent outta shape. Where'd you get that ideer?

Nope, never said that one either. Nice try though.

OOH! OOH! Can I use a life line, perhaps?

...you were able to accurately point out all those other qualities about me and got my other phrases EXACTLY right, but now you can't keep track of me?

You're doing this to yourself right now and it's embarrassing. I'll be the first to admit that I'm just as pathetic for going back and forth with you like this, but Jesus fucking CHRIST, you're just amazing in your stupidity.

Reading your posts is like watching that retarded dog chase his own tail for a few laps.

Two one-liners="all those other qualities?" Can you barely count past two or something? Anyways, this is off-topic. If someone doesn't just choose to stop then this could very well be a never ending discussion. So, I'll just ignore everything else you pull outta your ass starting with that thing about the retarded dog. From now on, you'll just be talking to yourself like a raving schitsophrenic, or however you spell that word, when you quote things I say and twist them around. G'bye! :D

ninthlayer
04-01-2007, 11:41 PM
Thanks for clearing that up 12 hours later... I'd long figured it out by then...
Bri, you're a lazy faggot. In half the time it took you to post in this thread and ask me what tl;dr meant in AIM you could have looked it up on ED (as I instructed you). If you wont take the time to look up small time shit like this (when it is readily available) how do you have the audacity to call out America en masse for its sloth and ignorance? Something we recently discovered was an adjective much?

Mix equal parts try and fail and what do you get? A faggot with a stupid username and fucking stupid signature that posts nonsensical bullshit entirely too often.

Goddamit... that was me trying to make a joke... which i apparantly fucking suck ass at....
GTFO or GTFO.

Paint_It_Black
04-02-2007, 12:50 AM
If you wont take the time to look up small time shit like this (when it is readily available) how do you have the audacity to call out America en masse for its sloth and ignorance?

Maybe it's exactly because she won't take the time to look up small time shit that she has the right to call out America en masse for its sloth and ignorance.

You know, like the way only niggers can call niggers the n-word.

Llamas
04-02-2007, 03:19 AM
Ninth. Wow, calm down, buddy. Don't let it bother you so much that I chose to say "what's that mean?" instead of searching on google. One is not really any lazier than the other.

Regardless, so that you can rest your head, I asked on here because I'd never ever seen it before, and thought it was something coneman had made up. My initial response was that it wouldn't be on google. But now that I know it bothers you, I'm never searching on google again, and I'm going to ask all my questions on the bbs. ;)

the_GoDdEsS
04-02-2007, 03:27 AM
Recently there has been a rise of these abbreviations that I can barely keep up. So unhip :(

ninthlayer
04-02-2007, 03:33 AM
1. I'm only ever one of two things: calm or drunk. In this case: calm. Address the adjective please.
2. I'm not bothered in the slightest, just pointing out that there exists this thing called self education that isn't that difficult of a concept (especially bearing in mind that I told you exactly where to go to find out what you wanted, which negates your whole "BUTZ I THUNK MRCOENMANZ MADE IT UP!"). There's like an episode of the fucking Rugrats that addresses this, and that's a children's show.

Sim, I'll trade you e-street savvy buzz phrases for nudes. Deal?

//edit
Since Ricky reminded me of the 2k9 goal I've been thinking about my whole plan again, with a renewed intensity. I'm amped about become obese and I made this (Alamo inspired) image to celebrate it:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b46/penguinfites/lolotbult.jpg

I am on my fucking way.

Paint_It_Black
04-02-2007, 03:38 AM
There's like an episode of the fucking Rugrats that addresses this, and that's a children's show.

And a damn better one than Pokemon.

That's right, I went there.

ninthlayer
04-02-2007, 03:40 AM
Uh, no shit. Pokemon is for adults.

wheelchairman
04-02-2007, 12:40 PM
Oh Sean, you'll never catch up to Tbult. he's half white/half lazy.

ninthlayer
04-02-2007, 02:01 PM
I'm clearly larger in that photo.

RickyCrack
04-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Sean is the alpha bear in any congregation of bears. Be they Mexican bears or not.

LowRider
04-02-2007, 05:37 PM
First of all I think if you cant help it its different...however if you jsut eat and eat non stop and get fat and dont work out and junk then HEY YOUR FAT!
Though that may sound mean I think thats the way it is. One other thing that Ive personally noticed I find SOME fat people think their skinny and some of the skinnier people I know think their fat?????? What the hell?

JohnnyNemesis
04-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Don't post .

Jojan
04-03-2007, 03:28 AM
I weigh about 130 kg! :D And I am sexy as your dead grandmother!

Zeall
04-03-2007, 03:37 AM
Fat people who aren't bothered about it - i don't mind
Fat people who whine about being fat - i hate
Fat people who are doing something about it - i encourage
Fat people who are doing something about it but are also whining - i encourage them faster so they'll stop

Jakebert
04-03-2007, 04:01 AM
Like zeall said, I have a big problem with people who whine about how fat they are, then don't do anything about it. I was pretty fat for a year or two, and dropped about 30 pounds in 2 months, so I have no pity for anyone that whines and doesn't do anything about it, because it's really not that hard to do something about it if you're not lazy.

Those that have no problem with being fat, though, I could care less about as long as I don't have to see them naked.

ZagmenO
04-03-2007, 06:13 AM
Bri, you're a lazy faggot. In half the time it took you to post in this thread and ask me what tl;dr meant in AIM you could have looked it up on ED (as I instructed you). If you wont take the time to look up small time shit like this (when it is readily available) how do you have the audacity to call out America en masse for its sloth and ignorance? Something we recently discovered was an adjective much?

Mix equal parts try and fail and what do you get? A faggot with a stupid username and fucking stupid signature that posts nonsensical bullshit entirely too often.

GTFO or GTFO.

I don't think you're one to talk about stupid anything, pal

Zeall
04-03-2007, 06:18 AM

So we ask you instead?

Paint_It_Black
04-03-2007, 06:23 AM
I was pretty fat for a year or two, and dropped about 30 pounds in 2 months, so I have no pity for anyone that whines and doesn't do anything about it, because it's really not that hard to do something about it if you're not lazy.

Ah, the old "I can do it so anyone can" routine. You're way too smart not to see what's wrong with that.

You're so fucking pathetic. You might not like the guy, and that's actually very understandable, but you don't really think he's stupid. You don't, and we know it, so don't bother pretending. He's clearly pretty well equipped in the brains department, and I'm willing to bet that's just one more thing that pisses you off about him. Well, boo-hoo. Boo-fucking-hoo.

So we ask you instead?

Win.

Zeall
04-03-2007, 06:36 AM
I'm sorry Paint_It_Black, but this is the win here:

You're so fucking pathetic. You might not like the guy, and that's actually very understandable, but you don't really think he's stupid. You don't, and we know it, so don't bother pretending. He's clearly pretty well equipped in the brains department, and I'm willing to bet that's just one more thing that pisses you off about him. Well, boo-hoo. Boo-fucking-hoo.

JoY
04-03-2007, 06:37 AM
don't give it all away, Zeall. just enjoy your moment there.

Zeall
04-03-2007, 06:39 AM
don't give it all away, Zeall. just enjoy your moment there.

heh, a better win deserves to be recognised in my point of view

JoY
04-03-2007, 06:44 AM
but yours was shorter, quicker & more to the point, even though Richard's was a more.. critical hit.

just.. fucking take it already. ;p

ZagmenO
04-03-2007, 06:47 AM

Win.

You fucking suck & you sucking fuck!!!! I hope you get anally ransacked by a porcupine! You can't think of anything clever to say you just deedeedeeingly spurt out there that I only pretend Ninthlayer's a shit eating dimwitted motherfucking dick sucking jackass on a stick!!!! You know that I am, in every sense of the word, better than both you AND your boyfriend, Ninthlayer, put together. Fuckassshitballsmotherfucking beep boop boop! You get where I'm going with this? Don't start fights with the Zagman, or I will indeed mess you up!

And the one thing that really makes yourself look like a motherfucking jackass bitch shit numbskull is that...I WASN'T EVEN TALKING TO YOU!!! So, you brought that upon yourself! You just need to develop a sense of humor! What're you on estrogen or something!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Anti-depressants!?!?!? I don't get it!!!

Congratulations, pal! You win the award for most stupid, idiotic attempt at dissing me! so don't even try! If Ninth wants to make a comeback at my post, he can. But for the love of God don't try and jump in with some nonsencial piece of shit statement like the one I quoted just now. You see what I'm saying, dude? I'm done frying you right now.

Now, I don't think I've said one "on-topic" statement since I posted in here, so, lemme do it.

Fat people are alright, I guess.

JoY
04-03-2007, 06:52 AM
stop for a moment, I just wanted to eternalise this.

You fucking suck & you sucking fuck!!!! I hope you get anally ransacked by a porcupine! You can't think of anything clever to say you just deedeedeeingly spurt out there that I only pretend Ninthlayer's a shit eating dimwitted motherfucking dick sucking jackass on a stick!!!! You know that I am, in every sense of the word, better than both you AND your boyfriend, Ninthlayer, put together. Fuckassshitballsmotherfucking beep boop boop! You get where I'm going with this? Don't start fights with the Zagman, or I will indeed mess you up!

And the one thing that really makes yourself look like a motherfucking jackass bitch shit numbskull is that...I WASN'T EVEN TALKING TO YOU!!! So, you brought that upon yourself! You just need to develop a sense of humor! What're you on estrogen or something!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Anti-depressants!?!?!? I don't get it!!!

Congratulations, pal! You win the award for most stupid, idiotic attempt at dissing me! so don't even try! If Ninth wants to make a comeback at my post, he can. But for the love of God don't try and jump in with some nonsencial piece of shit statement like the one I quoted just now. You see what I'm saying, dude? I'm done frying you right now.

Now, I don't think I've said one "on-topic" statement since I posted in here, so, lemme do it.

Fat people are alright, I guess.

there's so much pwn in this post. & neither Zeall, or Richard could've done it any better.

Zeall
04-03-2007, 06:52 AM
but yours was shorter, quicker & more to the point, even though Richard's was a more.. critical hit.

just.. fucking take it already. ;p

*tut* fine! :p

But for the love of God don't try and jump in with some nonsencial piece of shit statement like the one I quoted just now.

i read the whole thing and i don't see a "nonsencial piece of shit statement," where is it?

Edit: he doesn't like people jumping into the "argument?"
.. i'm in

the_GoDdEsS
04-03-2007, 06:58 AM
It sure as hell can curse like a lame worm. But that's about it.

ZagmenO
04-03-2007, 07:01 AM
You show me a worm that can curse, bimbo.

the_GoDdEsS
04-03-2007, 07:02 AM
You know what you have accomplished here? People seeing that you are clearly bothered by what they say and that it gets to you.

ZagmenO
04-03-2007, 07:07 AM
I'm not. In fact, it's the other way around. People are bothered by what I say and that it gets to them. People like to say I'm bothered by the pointless shit they spit out because it raises their own self-esteem by a notch or two. I just love seeing the pathetic reactions from people when I start being all crazy like. That's all. I never start fights, people like to think they can challenge me, and if anyone has a decent opinion that opposes mine, they can state it without being all whiney. Is that so hard?

nieh
04-03-2007, 07:09 AM
deedeedeeingly

Did you just use a Carlos Mencia reference in your argument?

ZagmenO
04-03-2007, 07:10 AM
Mencia rulez! :D

Paint_It_Black
04-03-2007, 07:11 AM
there's so much pwn in this post. & neither Zeall, or Richard could've done it any better.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Ninthlayer's a shit eating dimwitted motherfucking dick sucking jackass on a stick!!!!

Just take out the "dimwitted" part and and I'll let you keep the rest.

I WASN'T EVEN TALKING TO YOU!!!

Public forum, FagmenO. Public forum.

Part of you right now is aware how incredibly lame your post was, and must be cringing inside. But the best part is you won't admit it, and you won't even just slip away quietly. You're going to keep this up and make yourself look even more foolish. <3

You just need to develop a sense of humor!

Like yours, you mean? I won't deny you make the BBS laugh, but it's, uh, not with you. If you know what I'm saying.

ZagmenO
04-03-2007, 07:13 AM
Shut up, monkey! All my posts rule and you know it! Besides, I think you've been barbequed enough!

Paint_It_Black
04-03-2007, 07:16 AM
What really tickles me is how you're actually making better posts right now than you usually do. If you'd drop the ego, the childish defense mechanisms, and stop trying so damn hard to be funny you might actually fit in.

ZagmenO
04-03-2007, 07:18 AM
What really tickles me is how you're actually making better posts right now than you usually do.

Thank you for noticing. I have improved a teensy bit.

If you'd drop the ego, the childish defense mechanisms, and stop trying so damn hard to be funny you might actually fit in.

The ego stays, the defense mechanism thingy is what makes me funny, and I already fit in.

mrconeman
04-03-2007, 07:18 AM
This thread goes from strength to strength

ZagmenO
04-03-2007, 07:19 AM
That's because fatness provides strength!!!

mrconeman
04-03-2007, 07:19 AM
I stand corrected.

Paint_It_Black
04-03-2007, 07:21 AM
Thank you for noticing. I have improved a teensy bit.

I try to be fair, but you're still a faggot.

You're going to keep this up and make yourself look even more foolish. <3

Just in case you didn't see it the first time.

Nina
04-03-2007, 07:22 AM
Why is everyone amused? I'm sad about the humiliation :( :(

ZagmenO
04-03-2007, 07:23 AM
I try to be fair, but you're still a faggot.

Well, not all of us can be winners. :D

Just in case you didn't see it the first time.

"Foolishness" is my middle name! :D

Paint_It_Black
04-03-2007, 07:27 AM
Why is everyone amused? I'm sad about the humiliation :( :(

Because we're not nice like you.

I love how he's now acting like it's all fun and he's just playing along. Might even have worked if he didn't wet his pants with rage five minutes ago.

Nina
04-03-2007, 07:28 AM
I love how he's now acting like it's all fun and he's just playing along. Might even have worked if he didn't wet his pants with rage five minutes ago.

It relates strongly to the behavior of the L-word.

ZagmenO
04-03-2007, 07:29 AM
Because we're not nice like you.

I'm letting my cat lick it off my pants right now! :eek:

Paint_It_Black
04-03-2007, 07:30 AM
HAHA, gotta love him! :rolleyes:

0r4ng3
04-03-2007, 07:52 AM
Mencia rulez! :D
...and suddenly, in one critical moment, it all makes sense.

wheelchairman
04-03-2007, 10:43 AM
It relates strongly to the behavior of the L-word.

Lesbians?

Don't worry, I got it, if not for Richard's help.

JohnnyNemesis
04-03-2007, 11:24 AM
mrconeman has been winning several threads lately.

Paint_It_Black
04-03-2007, 08:03 PM
While that is absolutely true, I am failing to see how it applies right now.

All About Eve
04-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Yeah, the fatties win this thread. Fuck you skinny faggots.

WebDudette
04-03-2007, 08:40 PM
I'm fat and I know it. I don't complain about it but I also don't do anything about it, I always tell me self I will but damn I'm lazy. Although I'm over weight I'm not all that much out of shape, I can't run far and that's about the only thing I can't do and that's partially because of not so great lungs.

Ninth's bear picture made me lawl.

JohnnyNemesis
04-03-2007, 08:41 PM
While that is absolutely true, I am failing to see how it applies right now.

I am referring to this sequence:

This thread goes from strength to strength

That's because fatness provides strength!!!

I stand corrected.

Llamas
04-05-2007, 05:55 AM
1. I'm only ever one of two things: calm or drunk. In this case: calm. Address the adjective please.
2. I'm not bothered in the slightest, just pointing out that there exists this thing called self education that isn't that difficult of a concept (especially bearing in mind that I told you exactly where to go to find out what you wanted, which negates your whole "BUTZ I THUNK MRCOENMANZ MADE IT UP!"). There's like an episode of the fucking Rugrats that addresses this, and that's a children's show.

Sorry, been in Prague for a few days... wanted to reply to this a bit late.

Sean, I did, in fact, look it up on google after your post saying I should look it up in google... there were some stepz here.

step 1: coneman said tl ; dr
step 2: I didn't know what it meant, and figured it was something he made up
step 3: I made a post asking what it meant
step 4: you posted saying I should google it
step 5: I googled it
step 6: coneman PMed me and told me what it meant
step 7: fagman (yea for richard!) started fagging up the thread.

In conclusion, your argument fails. :)

EDIT: fagmen, where do you fit in? Who here likes you? Honestly?

ZagmenO
04-05-2007, 07:56 AM
EDIT: fagmen, where do you fit in? Who here likes you? Honestly?

Ifuckllamas, in case you were too frikkin braindead to notice, I'm not trying to "fit in." I would rather have a retarded goat rip my nipple off with his teeth than be like MOST of the people here. I don't go for "winning" posts or threads, I don't care about being "liked" over the internet. The only thing I wanna have in common with anybody here is my diehard Offspring fandom. Yes there are a surprisingly huge amount of people on this board who dislike The Offspring, so you don't have to tell me. You also might notice that I have stopped "spamming" since the beginning of March. Even then I wasn't spamming if you think about it.

Anyway, I'm flattered you wanted to know so much about my membership here. And you have my answer. Adios!

Llamas
04-05-2007, 07:59 AM
Ifuckllamas, in case you were too frikkin braindead to notice, I'm not trying to "fit in." I would rather have a retarded goat rip my nipple off with his teeth than be like MOST of the people here. I don't go for "winning" posts or threads, I don't care about being "liked" over the internet. The only thing I wanna have in common with anybody here is my diehard Offspring fandom. Yes there are a surprisingly huge amount of people on this board who dislike The Offspring, so you don't have to tell me.

and I already fit in.

Hmm, quite contradictory posts here.

ZagmenO
04-05-2007, 08:04 AM
Hmm, quite contradictory posts here.

I barely remember saying that second one, but it's there so I guess it's true.

Anyway, I thought it would've been self-implied that I don't give a rat's scrotum how my popularity, or lack-there-of, is on this board. However, people are too busy whining and screaming to even notice the self-implication there. I hope everyone sees this post and the one before it so that they at least get some kinda hint.

Paint_It_Black
04-05-2007, 08:16 AM
Yes there are a surprisingly huge amount of people on this board who dislike The Offspring

Most of the best members and possibly all of the moderators, you mean? By the way, we're called The 1337 and we conspire against you.

Offspring are so tru punx they don't give a fuck if their own moderators like them.

Vera
04-05-2007, 09:06 AM
They love us because we do what we want, do what we feel like, don't give a fuck, if it's good enough for you.

JohnnyNemesis
04-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Does it count as liking The Offspring even if you never listen to them? :(

Coleby
04-05-2007, 09:31 AM
Does it count as liking The Offspring even if you never listen to them? :(

Pervert .

BurningSnake
04-05-2007, 10:47 AM
I hate those kinda people telleng other people what to do.....
I just so friggin hate them
sometimes I just wanna take some hamburgers and shove it so far up their ass instead of their porky mouth
The only right thing to do now is to talk to him bout the errors of his way
I that doesn't work U can always bitchslap em till the fat on his face falls off