PDA

View Full Version : The End Of The Line (live?)

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
03-31-2007, 02:55 AM
Has anybody heard The End Of The Line live? Got an audio or video of it that you can upload? Or don't they play it live because of the effects in the bridge? :confused:

Jojan
03-31-2007, 05:06 AM
Unfortunately not, but I think it would do great live.

nameless
03-31-2007, 07:22 PM
i think it would have been played at some point, its kinda got the typical vibe to it so id be surprised if they never played it to see how it went down!

Venom Symbiote
03-31-2007, 08:02 PM
Since it's pretty much their most bestest song ever, lyk totally yo, it sucks balls that they've never (or at least not more than a few times) played it.

:(

That song is seriously better than both "Gone Away" and "Self Esteem".

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
03-31-2007, 08:58 PM
That song is seriously better than both "Gone Away" and "Self Esteem".

I personally wouldn't go as far to say that, but it is definatly up their with their best.

Venom Symbiote
03-31-2007, 11:51 PM
Go choke on many peni.

That song trumps both of them. "The End Of The Line" is fucking grand.

TheOldMark
04-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Has anybody heard The End Of The Line live? Got an audio or video of it that you can upload? Or don't they play it live because of the effects in the bridge? :confused:

its a good song but i think most people don't need to hear it live.

the song that fans ask the band to play the most is Amazed. which theyve managed to do a few times but not enough. I think if they ever do a live album they should try to squeeze it in.

Llamas
04-01-2007, 02:42 PM
I've always thought it was a terribly underrated song. It used to be my favorite song on Americana, before Pay the Man came along and trumped it. Nobody ever talks about it... but it's so good. I'd love to hear it live.

nameless
04-01-2007, 03:43 PM
its a good song but i think most people don't need to hear it live.

the song that fans ask the band to play the most is Amazed. which theyve managed to do a few times but not enough. I think if they ever do a live album they should try to squeeze it in.

why would you say people dont need to hear it live?! the same could be said about songs like pretty fly and hit that due to them being played all the time!

Dexter_italy
04-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Since I like all of the songs, I just would like a fresh set list keeping the hits as they do, but changing all of the others. they usually play 22\23 songs during the show, 7 will be from the new album, others 7 the "hits" and 8 songs they aren't used to play. They maybe need to learn them again but hey, that's theyr job :D
________
Kitchen Measures (http://kitchenmeasures.com/)

Venom Symbiote
04-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Yes yes, "Amazed" kicks ass too. But that track actually gets recognition, which pisses me off. So many of their other songs don't.

DexterWannabe
04-01-2007, 04:33 PM
how come they never play the real good songs?

Ninty Man
04-01-2007, 08:58 PM
I agree with Venom: Self esteem it's not that good...

But... hey, have we ever heard Lightning rod live?

Thomas
04-01-2007, 09:54 PM
But... hey, have we ever heard Lightning rod live?

I don't think so. And honestly, I think it's either because they didn't want to deal with the intro or Atom just couldn't pull off the drum part. I'm leaning more on the latter seeing as it's one of The Offspring's hardest songs to play on drums, topped only by Hypodermic and Tehran, maybe.

Actually, now that I think about it more, were there any vocal harmonies in Lightning Rod that would be hard live? I don't think so. I haven't listened to it in a while...

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
04-01-2007, 10:23 PM
or Atom just couldn't pull off the drum part. I'm leaning more on the latter seeing as it's one of The Offspring's hardest songs to play on drums.

No way, with practice he would probably be able to play any of their songs. Think about how many songs he learnt in such little time for the Warped tour.

Dexter_italy
04-02-2007, 02:53 AM
Yeah, I don't really think it's because atom can't learn it... It's more possible that Dexter can't reach some notes in live and it doesn't sound good half tone down. I think leaving away Lighting rod and Never gonna find me from the last set list they left 2 of the best songs from Splinter.
________
Fetish black (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/507/black/videos/1)

Ninty Man
04-03-2007, 12:47 AM
Yeah, I don't really think it's because atom can't learn it... It's more possible that Dexter can't reach some notes in live and it doesn't sound good half tone down. I think leaving away Lighting rod and Never gonna find me from the last set list they left 2 of the best songs from Splinter.

Oh, cut that argument... He DARE sing live defy you... and original prankster, and HE TOTALLY SUX IN THAT

Bryan_AVA
04-04-2007, 11:03 AM
I love this song, I think they should play it live.

II NOODLES II
04-04-2007, 03:28 PM
This is probably topic changing, but how many times have they played dammit i canged again live? cause ive only ever heard it once lol. They should play leave it behind live also

nameless
04-04-2007, 03:50 PM
This is probably topic changing, but how many times have they played dammit i canged again live? cause ive only ever heard it once lol. They should play leave it behind live also

i think theyve only really played dammit i changed again on the conspiracy of one tour. saying that, theres only been 2 tours since then but i dont think they included it in the set regularly for those!

bouncingcoles
04-09-2007, 09:35 AM

the effects during the bridge can easily be done live. they just probobly thought the song wasnt really good enough to play live. i personally like it very much, but they probobly considered it a filler song.

ArtificialLife
04-09-2007, 01:11 PM
See this thread. If you ignore some of the bickering on the first few pages, there's actually some good input here.

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27085&highlight=artificiallife

RageAndLov
04-10-2007, 05:19 AM

watch this video of dammit, i changed again :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OqrdVsdhip8