PDA

View Full Version : Kirk Hammett to leave Metallica?

Jakebert
03-31-2007, 11:51 AM
According to blabbermouth.net, there's a rumor floating around that Hammett will be leaving Metallica after their current tour. I have no idea if it's true or not, and the message board I found this on didn't post the link.

Here's (http://www.nohomers.net/showthread.php?t=60707) the link to the thread where this was posted.

Any thoughts?

H1T_That
03-31-2007, 12:05 PM
Publicity stunt maybe?

Jakebert
03-31-2007, 12:17 PM
I don't know, the reasons he gave seem pretty valid. He basically said that James and Lars are assholes, which seems pretty true to me.

H1T_That
03-31-2007, 12:23 PM
I don't know, the reasons he gave seem pretty valid. He basically said that James and Lars are assholes, which seems pretty true to me.

They've been assholes for quite a while now though.

mrconeman
03-31-2007, 12:40 PM
Maybe now they can get a good guitarist.

The Talking Pie
03-31-2007, 01:33 PM
Maybe now they can get a good guitarist.

Whoa... dude, harsh. You're killing me here.

Early April Fools, perhaps?

Though, if anything, I'd put it down to the lack of solos in their more recent songs.

mrconeman
03-31-2007, 01:36 PM
It was more tongue in cheek than serious. I even thought you might see it.
He has his moments. I'm just not a fan of his OCWD.
Obsessive compulsive wah disorder.

But yeah, Lars is an asshole, I've no doubt that Kirk will have absolutely no problem in finding another band to work with him, or starting some kind of new project.

The Talking Pie
03-31-2007, 01:44 PM
I'd like to see Kirk in his own project... I know that Metallica as a band have happily progressed styles, and Load/Reload are actually my favourite albums, but what you can gather from the Some Kind of Monster DVD is that Kirk's diminished role within the band really pisses him off. So methinks a Kirk project would be sololicious.

I'd like to see Kirk Hammett and Marty Friedman in a band together.

mrconeman
03-31-2007, 01:48 PM
I'm thinking this is an April fools.
I just searched Blabermouth for the story, and it's not there.

Kirk and Friedman would be interesting indeed. I'd like to see Paul Gilbert and Marty to record some stuff together, they always do those Japanese TV stints together.

Jakebert
03-31-2007, 04:17 PM
Speaking of "Some Kind of Monster", I watched that a few months ago, and I couldn't help thinking "Jesus Christ, what a bunch of whiny little bitches". I'm normally the exact opposite of the whole "real men don't have feelings" camp, but they are the most sensitive males I've ever seen in my life.

mrconeman
03-31-2007, 05:18 PM
I've been told by friends to watch that. Because apparently when watching it with that mindset its hilarious.

Venom Symbiote
03-31-2007, 08:04 PM
Load/Reload are actually my favourite albums

*cries, hugs* Someone who knows my pain! You're awesome, dude. I fucking hate Metallica as a whole, but Load/Reload are seriously the best albums they've put out. No one agrees with me, but they can go eat a big wang.

As for the news, Kirk is overrated as all fuck, but hey, good for him. Lars is a prick, and always has been. James was always a total turd towards Newsted (I don't even like Newsted, but facts are facts).

Rob is awesome, mainly because he's a bass-playing dancing gorilla. The guy fucking rules.

But yeah, I've only seen parts of Some Kind Of Monster, I had to turn the DVD off out of sheer "this is fucking ridiculous" syndrome. James and Lars are the biggest new-age whiney pussies alive, and hell, Kirk's a damn new-age eastern-culture hippy. Kirk makes those two look manly and grown-the-fuck-up.

I actually like James' voice, always have (except for his incessant need to laugh in the middle of songs and sound like some evil Satanic retard), but he's a knob-jockey. As is Lars, that tiny, tiny giant-egoed tiny man. Of tinyness.

DirtyYeso
04-14-2007, 09:33 AM
I'd like to see Kirk Hammett and Marty Friedman in a band together.

Maybe they should call Dave Ellefson... :D

Great Mike
04-14-2007, 10:22 AM
Like it or not, Metallica is pretty dead...

mrconeman
04-14-2007, 07:01 PM
Like it or not, Metallica is pretty dead...

Yeah, we all know releasing a sub-par album, but then going on a massive world tour and having a new album in the works constitutes dead.

Metallica, weather you like them, or hate them, or weather they aren't as good as they have been, clearly aren't dead.

Venom Symbiote
04-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Which is inherently the problem.

Thomas
04-15-2007, 08:02 AM
Which is inherently the problem.

Quoted for truth.

EDIT: Btw, Lars is the most overrated of the bunch, and that says a lot

Manic Subsidal Boy
04-16-2007, 12:49 AM
Since Ed left Van Halen I've loved his solo it's greater than anything he could have done with VH. I'd like to see that with Kirk. Just piss off solo.

neocon58
04-16-2007, 08:31 PM
If Kirk goes, Metallica dies. They'll cop shit and loose 99 percent of their fans for trying to continue on with another guitarist, regardless whether or not the new guy is any better or worse. They cop shit for Cliff, and they cop shit about Jason. I didn't think it'd be possible for people to hate Metallica anymore, but this could possibly be another reason. Mind you i don't think its true, lol.

T-6005
04-16-2007, 09:49 PM
If Kirk goes, Metallica dies. They'll cop shit and loose 99 percent of their fans for trying to continue on with another guitarist, regardless whether or not the new guy is any better or worse. They cop shit for Cliff, and they cop shit about Jason. I didn't think it'd be possible for people to hate Metallica anymore, but this could possibly be another reason. Mind you i don't think its true, lol.
Wouldn't it be about time for Metallica to just... die?