PDA

View Full Version : I'm a slob.

mrconeman
03-31-2007, 08:00 PM
And I love it.
Lets discuss snack food. In all its glory, its quick, convenient, and damn tasty too.
Whats your personal favourite way to ease hunger really fast, and efficiently?

Due to being sick the past week I wasn't allowed to eat very much that wasn't dry food (or very much at all for that matter, Doctors orders.). So I ended up in the possession of alot of biscuits. But I'm better now. There was also chocolate spread. Cue lightbulb moment.

My pc desk became a kitchen
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g165/mrconeman/023306.jpg
It was tasty.
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g165/mrconeman/023350.jpg

ps. this thread is totally different to Vera's recent food thread, that was foodgasm, this was convenience + taste.
...yes that is a valid difference.

Llamas
04-01-2007, 02:10 AM
:eek: Respect your computer, man! I would never put food on my keyboard! Though I've become kinda slobbish lately, because I always eat at my desk.

Convenience... I swear, Austrians don't believe in it. There is no convenient food here. Well, not like in the US. But in the US, I ate lots of ramen, mac and cheese, cheez its, chips and salsa, bagels and cream cheese, tuna helper, grilled cheese sandwiches, etc. Before anyone says that they have some of those things in Europe, it's not the same! mac and cheese doesn't come in a box (if you want it, you have to make it from scratch), they don't have ramen or cheez its, chips and salsa are like 100 ml of salsa for 4 euros and chips are also incredibly tiny and expensive, haven't seen bagels and cream cheese, they don't have tuna helper, and if you want to make a grilled cheese, you have to use normal cheese, which is much less convenient than velveeta.

Anyway, all my standard convenient foods have pretty much gone away. Now I eat lots of pasta and sandwiches, because those are about as convenient as I'm gonna get.

My friend here who's from the US said that she forgets that the stores close on Sunday, and there have been several Sundays where she's so out of food that she just eats nutella plain. EW.

Tizzalicious
04-01-2007, 02:13 AM
Gross. .

the_GoDdEsS
04-01-2007, 02:27 AM
I'm totally used to snacks. Never as a meal though, always between meals, while watching TV or surfing or whatever. I love almost everything except for candy and popcorn. All kinds of biscuits, cookies, chocolate and most importantly salty things like pretzels or crackers. Those ones you get in supermarkets or simply different baked ones.

ninthlayer
04-01-2007, 02:33 AM
Any self respecting slob would realize that you're putting way too much effort into the endeavor.

JohnnyNemesis
04-01-2007, 03:00 AM
I would qft, but it's the post right above me anyway.

Jakebert
04-01-2007, 08:14 AM
I'm not a big snack food person, but I have a soft spot for pretzils. I'm eating them as we speak.

ZagmenO
04-01-2007, 08:16 AM
The best way to eat while being lazy is taking a straw and injecting the food through it straight into your stomach!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duskygrin
04-01-2007, 08:18 AM
Ciaran, your photos remind me of Jurassic Park. You know, the fat guy who flounders in the storm & dies in the end. Well his PC-desk was all cluttered with snacks & cokes to the point that one of his colleagues gets mad about it during his absence. The "you forgot the magic word" moment, d'you recall?

Lizardus
04-01-2007, 11:50 PM
That's what i call living.

Nutella <3

ninthlayer
04-01-2007, 11:51 PM
Ciaran, your photos remind me of Jurassic Park. You know, the fat guy who flounders in the storm & dies in the end. Well his PC-desk was all cluttered with snacks & cokes to the point that one of his colleagues gets mad about it during his absence. The "you forgot the magic word" moment, d'you recall?
Uh, you mean DENNIS MOTHERFUCKING NEDRY?

Because, er, apparently he's stealing the embryos.

HeadAroundU
04-02-2007, 06:02 AM
Oh yeah, a sweet snack all the way. I'm addicted to sugar. That's why I'm so sweeeeet. :p