PDA

View Full Version : what dexter plays on tkaa lives?

cool_dexter
04-01-2007, 12:48 PM
hi
i see all tabs of this song and there 2 guitars are needed in some parts

but on lives dexter plays everytime and it sounds great, there also plays john higiins

what does dexter plays?
can you give me that tab

we are going to do this song on festival in georgia, after our songs

mrconeman
04-01-2007, 01:06 PM
He doesn't play the intro. Thats Noodles. He plays chords under the intro riff.
He does play the main riff, and all the chords.
He doesn't play the solo. Thats Noodles.

They have Higgins play it live with them sometimes, I really don't know why, other than to give them a bigger sound or something, because two guitars is enough for that song.

Any tab will have all those sections, but now you know which parts are Dexter.

cool_dexter
04-01-2007, 02:05 PM
He doesn't play the intro. Thats Noodles. He plays chords under the intro riff.
He does play the main riff, and all the chords.
He doesn't play the solo. Thats Noodles.

They have Higgins play it live with them sometimes, I really don't know why, other than to give them a bigger sound or something, because two guitars is enough for that song.

Any tab will have all those sections, but now you know which parts are Dexter.

ok thanks
but I knew that
We know that intro and solo is playied by noodles and the part after intro and between first chorus and second verse by dexter( at this time noodles is playing main chords probably), but in verse and chorus dexter plays main chords, then what the hell is doing noodles at this time, he also playies main chords in same manner? also the last part if the song on tab 9-11 is plaied by noodeles?

TheOldMark
04-01-2007, 02:37 PM
hi
i see all tabs of this song and there 2 guitars are needed in some parts

but on lives dexter plays everytime and it sounds great, there also plays john higiins

what does dexter plays?
can you give me that tab

we are going to do this song on festival in georgia, after our songs

lives they plays with higgins sometimes just to add some more sound.

mrconeman
04-03-2007, 08:38 AM
ok thanks
but I knew that
We know that intro and solo is playied by noodles and the part after intro and between first chorus and second verse by dexter( at this time noodles is playing main chords probably), but in verse and chorus dexter plays main chords, then what the hell is doing noodles at this time, he also playies main chords in same manner? also the last part if the song on tab 9-11 is plaied by noodeles?

Yep. During the verses Dexter, Noodles and Higgins (when hes there) are all just playing the same thing.
And yep, the 9-11 bit that I have always called a Siren sound, is Noodles.
Keep in mind though, you don't have to play it like that. When I played this song I played the riff at the start, but also the main riff, and the solo. I just played all the lead guitar. Instead of choosing whos parts to play.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
04-03-2007, 08:49 AM
there also plays john higiins

Not to be too fussy, but for your future information it's Chris Higgins...

And yeah, everybody else covered what you need to know anyway.

malibu43
04-03-2007, 09:57 AM
[QUOTE=mrconeman;990038]
And yep, the 9-11 bit that I have always called a Siren sound, is Noodles.
QUOTE]

Not that it's important, but on the woodstock 99 video, dexter plays the "siren" at the end of the song.

ygokazuki
04-03-2007, 09:16 PM
Oh and Higgins - when he does play - in the chorus + under the pre-verse riff plays the root notes in octaves in the F# in the second position instead of the ninth like noodles.
And they do it for stage presence too. Like in the second pre-verse they usually pick each others gtrs, etc, it's awesome.