PDA

View Full Version : New Setlist?

brothadave79
04-01-2007, 08:12 PM
Okay, so we know that there's going to be a new album. That means we can expect a tour to follow, with new songs. When I saw the band play on the Splinter Tour the setlist looked a little something like this:

Neocon
The Noose
All I Want
Come Out & Play
Want You Bad
Gone Away
Long Way Home
Staring At The Sun
Hit That
Bad Habit
Have You Ever
Worst Hangover Ever/Spare Me the Details
Americana
The Kids Aren't Alright
Da Hui
Why Don't You Get A Job
Gotta Get Away
-- encore --
(Can't Get) My Head Around You
Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)
Self-Esteem

What songs do you think will stay and which will be trashed?

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
04-01-2007, 08:17 PM
You can expect different songs each show.

TKAA and COAP are usually played almost every show, and Self Esteem usually.

Dexter_italy
04-02-2007, 02:00 AM
I think we CAN'T expect different songs each show.... maybe they'll change 2 or 3 songs, but not more. I think they'll leave Da hui, wrost hangover ever, and maybe hit that (since it wasn't such a big hit), neocon won't be the intro nomore, since the new one will take place. they could alternate some smash songs like gotta get away\smash\what happened to you. But who know, we're in Greg's hand... I hope he'll chosse some kick ass "not so played" songs :)
________
New jersey medical marijuana dispensary (http://newjersey.dispensaries.org/)

BuddyHolly
04-02-2007, 04:29 AM
I think they won't play any of the Splinter songs anymore except Head Around You and replace those songs for Can't Repeat and songs from the upcomming album. Maybe they'll finally fit in some S/t and/or Ignition songs.

Jojan
04-02-2007, 04:40 AM
lol. Ignite.

But I hope they fit in more old songs with the new ones. Hopefully they'll play a longer setlist and just crap on the fucking encore that every single motherfucking band is doing nowadays.

SaiKYoU
04-02-2007, 06:15 AM
some songs are always played cause that's what most people wants... i mean Selfesteem, TKAA, COAP, Gone Away... the kind of songs that guarantee sucess if played...

F@ BANKZ
04-02-2007, 07:06 AM
My bet:

There is naturally going to be alot of songs from the upcoming album played on the world tour; I doubt they'll completely retire Splinter: The Noose and Hit That might well survive. Co1...Just Want You Bad. They'll play quite abit of Americana's stuff prboably, All I Want and possible another Ixnay hit and the Smash Singles. Oh, Dirty Magic will be played too but maybe not everywhere.

BuddyHolly
04-02-2007, 10:57 AM
lol. Ignite.

:confused:

RoxnRollBassist
04-02-2007, 01:41 PM
I dont think they will play neocon, or hit that or da hui, I really want them to play I choose! I love that song! But w/e they play its still great. It would be pretty kick ass if they played some older songs as well, and switch around some of the smash songs.

F@ BANKZ
04-02-2007, 03:26 PM
They will/should play Hit That. Everyone loves it who's at least semi-straight.

goonadie1day
04-02-2007, 04:41 PM
NEW SONG
The Noose
NEW SONG
Come Out & Play
Want You Bad
Gone Away
(KICK HIM WHEN HE'S DOWN)
Staring At The Sun
Hit That
Bad Habit
Have You Ever
Americana
DIRTY MAGIC
The Kids Aren't Alright
NEW SONG
NEW SONG
Gotta Get Away
-- encore --
Self-Esteem

Obviously not in that order... but i would love to see those songs played!

nameless
04-02-2007, 05:07 PM
ive found that the opening song is usually one with a build up like americana or bad habit, except for a few festivals. they then normally go through all i want and come out and play. then after that, the set will probably consist of the singles and a few songs from the new album mixed in with a few others from recent albums.

i know some will disagree, but i would say the offspring do change their set around, be it only 2 or 3 songs a night. you would be surprised the amount of bands that just play the same set every night of the tour. id imagine if they say changed half their set every night, everyone would be moaning about how certain songs didnt get played at the gigs they went to but were at other shows, they are never going to please everyone!

DividingByZero71
04-02-2007, 05:07 PM
NEW SONG
The Noose
NEW SONG
Come Out & Play
Want You Bad
Gone Away
(KICK HIM WHEN HE'S DOWN)
Staring At The Sun
Hit That
Bad Habit
Have You Ever
Americana
DIRTY MAGIC
The Kids Aren't Alright
NEW SONG
NEW SONG
Gotta Get Away
-- encore --
Self-Esteem

Obviously not in that order... but i would love to see those songs played!

i agree.

i dont expect them to play all these songs in one show, but i would like to see them play:

Neocon
The Noose
New Song
All I Want
Come Out And Play
New Song
New Song
New Song
Come Out Swinging
Want You Bad
Self-Esteem
Pretty fly for A White Guy
Worst Hang Over Ever
Cant Get My Head Around You
Why Dont You Get A Job
The Kids Arent Alright
conspiracy Of One
Cool To Hate
Session
Beheaded
Kick him When Hes Down
New song
Original Prankster
Million miles Away
Da Hui
Cant Repeat
Defy You
Intermission
Way Down The Line
Have You Ever
Walla Walla
Shes Got Issues
No Brakes
New Song
Gotta Get Away
Gone Away
Long Way Home
Hit That
Spare Me The Details
Race Against Myself
Burn It Up
Americana
Smash
Dammit i Changed Again
Staring At The Sun
Bad Habit

once again, i would love to hear them play thoes songs but NOT ALL IN ONE SHOW. i would like to see them played before they retire :D

goonadie1day
04-02-2007, 08:07 PM
i agree.

i dont expect them to play all these songs in one show, but i would like to see them play:

Neocon
The Noose
New Song
All I Want
Come Out And Play
New Song
New Song
New Song
Come Out Swinging
Want You Bad
Self-Esteem
Pretty fly for A White Guy
Worst Hang Over Ever
Cant Get My Head Around You
Why Dont You Get A Job
The Kids Arent Alright
conspiracy Of One
Cool To Hate
Session
Beheaded
Kick him When Hes Down
New song
Original Prankster
Million miles Away
Da Hui
Cant Repeat
Defy You
Intermission
Way Down The Line
Have You Ever
Walla Walla
Shes Got Issues
No Brakes
New Song
Gotta Get Away
Gone Away
Long Way Home
Hit That
Spare Me The Details
Race Against Myself
Burn It Up
Americana
Smash
Dammit i Changed Again
Staring At The Sun
Bad Habit

once again, i would love to hear them play thoes songs but NOT ALL IN ONE SHOW. i would like to see them played before they retire :D

Its bad to agree with me. I am pretty much a 'known' loser, or so ive been told....

anyways... your mighty ambitious... i would stay up till 5am to see them play it all... but after so long... and so many beers... Dexter would probably start slurrrring and forgetting shit... muwahahahaha

Killboy
04-02-2007, 08:57 PM
I can assure you that they will play for sure:

Bad Habit
Gotta Get Away
Come Out And Play
Pretty Fly
Americana
Want You Bad
Gone Away
The Kids aren't alright

Ninty Man
04-02-2007, 11:46 PM

Bad Habit
Gotta Get Away
Come Out And Play
Pretty Fly
Americana
Want You Bad
Gone Away
The Kids aren't alright

Pretty Fly??

AND WHAT ABOUT ALL I WANT?

Grabbal
04-03-2007, 12:50 AM

Bad Habit
Gotta Get Away
Come Out And Play
Pretty Fly
Americana
Want You Bad
Gone Away
The Kids aren't alright

Self Esteem at the end for sure.

ChickenChaser
04-03-2007, 01:08 PM
i think they will keep at least one or two songs off of Splinter, preferably Head Around You and Spare Me The Details, though the latter will probably be swapped for Hit That

hshduppsnt
04-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Self Esteem at the end for sure.

Yeah, you can guarantee Self Esteem is going to be there. I'd say All I Want is a sure bet to be one of the first 3 songs as well (probably that and COAP as two of the first five).

-hshduppsnt

jacknife737
04-03-2007, 05:57 PM
I think they will keep Neocon and Head Around You around you from splinter.

Also i think some of us are going to be surprised during the next tour, because i think the band finally got the message that a fairly large portion of the fan base wants to hear some of the older tunes.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
04-04-2007, 01:51 AM

Bad Habit
Gotta Get Away
Come Out And Play
Pretty Fly
Americana
Want You Bad
Gone Away
The Kids aren't alright

I really hope so for Bad Habit!

But i think Want You Bad is a waste of a song when playing live, as there is a dozen better songs that that live. (Genocide, Kick Him When He's Down... etc)

Bryan_AVA
04-04-2007, 03:39 AM
I think that they'll still play americana, it's an awesome opener because it's energetic and has a one minute intro.

This is what I think it'll look like:

1. Intro
2. Americana
3. All I Want
4. Long Way Home
5. New Song
6. Staring At The Sun
7. Bad Habit
8. Original Prankster
9. New Song
10. Have You Ever
11. What Happened To You
12. Intermission
13. Gotta Get Away
14. Come Out And Play
15. Gone Away
16. New Song
17. Kick Him When He's Down
18. Dirty Magic
19. Can't Repeat

ENCORE

19. (Can't Get My) Head Around You
20. Self Esteem
21. The Kids Aren't Alright

Lord_Gabo
04-11-2007, 04:04 PM
Offspring are a great band, and now they will play a long show with all great songs! I hope will be something special on stage for next tour, i remember co1 tour, stage was great like the lights special effect on splinter..

Kitten
04-11-2007, 04:08 PM
I have a feeling the new setlists are going to be pretty new song intensive.
They'll play the old favourites, and maybe throw something to the older fans as a treat, but mostly I would wager them playing new material.

II NOODLES II
04-11-2007, 04:36 PM
I agree.

Im also sure they will end it with Self Esteem, if not then it will more than likely be one of the last songs.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
04-11-2007, 07:26 PM
I hope they open with All I Want most times too. That song is a great opener

ZagmenO
04-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Let me just get off my chest that it pisses me off that Offspring are kicking off the tour in Japan. They're an American band, they're from America, why fuckin' tour in another country? That's like a blind dude goin' to teach in a deaf school!!! TSK TSK TSK!!!

Secondly, I'm gonna not only give the setlist, but also the reasons why it should be this way. They should kick it off with "Pass Me By." Think about it. Dex hinted that it'll be on the new album, right? Yea...it'll be there! PMB 1st, then they can do the song that'll be the 1st radio single! One no one's heard yet! After that, Beheaded. I hear it's the only song they do from S/T. Plus, it's one of my faves. They then do Meaning of Life because it kicks ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do Vultures next, just to simmer things down some. Denial, Revisited. Another "calmer downer." Pick it back up with Bad Habit. Best song on Smash. They then do a B-Side song. It's their 1st independent tour in over 2 years!!!!!!!! Why can't they do a surprise B-Side!?!?!?!?!??!? Self-Esteem, TKAA, Gotta Get Away, the Da Hui, the All I Want, and at the end, The new Dirty Magic. Now, that doesn't mean DM is gonna be on the new album. I'd like it if it wasn't on there, actually. It should be a secret track at the most!!!!!!!!!! I think that would be an excellent way to start their tour. Again, though. Japan!?!?!?!?!?!? Everyone'll be too busy having "air sex" to see the dang concert!!!! :eek:

To The Offspring! I know you read these forums, dudes! You have posted here before. Everyone except Greg...and Higgins, though he's not an actual member but still. You guys have to spend a LOT of time in the US!!! That's all I'm sayin'. Peace out!

DirtyYeso
04-11-2007, 08:14 PM
I hope they include Dammit, I Changed Again...

Manic Subsidal Boy
04-12-2007, 04:12 AM
I hope they include Dammit, I Changed Again...

It gets boring live, it really does!

nameless
04-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Let me just get off my chest that it pisses me off that Offspring are kicking off the tour in Japan. They're an American band, they're from America, why fuckin' tour in another country? That's like a blind dude goin' to teach in a deaf school!!! TSK TSK TSK!!!

Secondly, I'm gonna not only give the setlist, but also the reasons why it should be this way. They should kick it off with "Pass Me By." Think about it. Dex hinted that it'll be on the new album, right? Yea...it'll be there! PMB 1st, then they can do the song that'll be the 1st radio single! One no one's heard yet! After that, Beheaded. I hear it's the only song they do from S/T. Plus, it's one of my faves. They then do Meaning of Life because it kicks ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do Vultures next, just to simmer things down some. Denial, Revisited. Another "calmer downer." Pick it back up with Bad Habit. Best song on Smash. They then do a B-Side song. It's their 1st independent tour in over 2 years!!!!!!!! Why can't they do a surprise B-Side!?!?!?!?!??!? Self-Esteem, TKAA, Gotta Get Away, the Da Hui, the All I Want, and at the end, The new Dirty Magic. Now, that doesn't mean DM is gonna be on the new album. I'd like it if it wasn't on there, actually. It should be a secret track at the most!!!!!!!!!! I think that would be an excellent way to start their tour. Again, though. Japan!?!?!?!?!?!? Everyone'll be too busy having "air sex" to see the dang concert!!!! :eek:

To The Offspring! I know you read these forums, dudes! You have posted here before. Everyone except Greg...and Higgins, though he's not an actual member but still. You guys have to spend a LOT of time in the US!!! That's all I'm sayin'. Peace out!

its not really a tour, they are just playing a set at the festivals!

i cant see them playing a set like that. although they do change a few songs each night, they have the kinda tried and tested backbone to their set which i dont think will ever change!

Navampa
04-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Their fanbase isn't huge as it use to be, so they don't have to play all their hits anymore. It's annoying when more than 3/4 of the setlist is hits.

nameless
04-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Their fanbase isn't huge as it use to be, so they don't have to play all their hits anymore. It's annoying when more than 3/4 of the setlist is hits.

its only really songs like hit that and pretty fly (maybe even want you bad) of the "hits" that people find annoying, the rest such as all i want, come out and play and the kids arent alright, everyone seems to love!

despite what anyone thinks though, hit that and pretty fly always gets the majority of the crowd singing along and get a good reception. id say they dont play bad setlists as such, its more just some songs dont go down too well live and others work better. either way, it would be nice to hear some older songs!

F@ BANKZ
04-14-2007, 06:28 AM
I wouldn't say that many people hate Hit That, it's a damn good lot better than Original Prankster and Pretty Fly, half those who do hate it only do to follow the hate first single tradition founded 9 years ago.

Powerh
04-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Set list

1. Nitro
2. All Along
3. All I want
4. (New Song)
5. Have you ever
6. Da hui
7. Smash
8. Session
9. No Brakes
10. Get it right
11. The Noose
12. One fine day
13.We are one
14. (new song)
15. Conspiracy of one
16. Come out and swinging
17. Come out and play
18. Cool to hate
19. Americana
20. Hit that
21. Pretty fly
----------
22. TKAA
23. Self esteem
25. Head around you

Navampa
04-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Set list

1. Nitro
2. All Along
3. All I want
4. (New Song)
5. Have you ever
6. Da hui
7. Smash
8. Session
9. No Brakes
10. Get it right
11. The Noose
12. One fine day
13.We are one
14. (new song)
15. Conspiracy of one
16. Come out and swinging
17. Come out and play
18. Cool to hate
19. Americana
20. Hit that
21. Pretty fly
----------
22. TKAA
23. Self esteem
25. Head around you

While most of the list is fairly plausible, there would be more new songs on it.

Powerh
04-14-2007, 06:04 PM
I forget Forever and a Day in 26.

Grabbal
04-15-2007, 04:12 AM
Too bad they never play it live.

F@ BANKZ
04-15-2007, 08:49 AM
They should do once in a while, fans seem to really love it.

Grabbal
04-15-2007, 11:46 AM
Of course we do considering it's one of their best songs and really high up on my list of favourites!

F@ BANKZ
04-15-2007, 12:07 PM
I really like it but it isn't a favourite of mine, maybe i need to mature into it.

DividingByZero71
04-15-2007, 04:33 PM
if you guys are wondering what songs there gonna stop playing when the new record comes out, think of this,

What songs did they stop playing from ignition,smash and self titled when Ixnay on the Hombre came out? what songs did they stop playing off ixnay, smash, and ignition when Americana came out? what song did they stop playing from ixnay,smash,and americana when Conspiracy Of One came out?? and what songs did they stop playing off of smash,ixnay,americana,and CO1 when Splinter came out? just my thought

me personally, i know i gave a WILD list of songs i wanted them to play before , but here is my list of songs i want them to play in 1 show

1 Open the show with Neocon
2 The Noose
3 All I Want
4 Come Out And Play
5 Da Hui
6 Come Out Swinging
7 Conspiracy Of One
8 (New Song)
9 (New Song)
10 (New Song)
11 Self-Esteem
12 Pretty Fly
13 TKAA
14 Want You Bad
15 worst hangover ever/spare me the details
16 one fine day
17 long way home
18 hit that
19 and close with cant get my head around you

maybe not in that order, and maybe more songs off the new album, and less from CO1 because im like the only person in the world that likes that album as my favorite. but that would be my guess

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
04-15-2007, 09:59 PM
It's going to be mostly new songs... Though we all want old shit :)