PDA

View Full Version : So, after all..is Dexter pro-Bush?

Leo_ARG
12-29-2004, 06:21 PM
He wasen't sure of recording for the Rock Against Bush thing.
I read in an interview here in my country's most important paper that he wasen't sure about the war in Irak and that he didn't believe in conspiracys and said he supported the troops.

:confused: :confused:

Noodles is gay
12-29-2004, 06:32 PM
*iraq

i don't know nor care about the answer to your question.

wheelchairman
12-29-2004, 06:46 PM
*iraq

i don't know nor care about the answer to your question.
It comes from the Arabic alphabet, you really can't pinpoint one way to spell Iraq. That's why there are also, for example, 37 ways to spell Ghaddaffi.

Betty
12-29-2004, 11:26 PM
From what I gather, I wouldn't believe he is ANTI-Bush... I have some thoughts on this, but don't think I'm gonna go into them.

SicN Twisted
12-29-2004, 11:28 PM
Not being confident about your views on an issue doesn't make you pro Bush.

dexterisMYman
12-29-2004, 11:33 PM
hes not pro bush

nitropenguin!
12-29-2004, 11:46 PM
You'd of course want to believe that, wouldn't you?

meaning_of_life
12-30-2004, 12:27 AM
just because dex supports the troops it dosent make him pro-bush.

dexterisMYman
12-30-2004, 01:09 AM
just because dex supports the troops it dosent make him pro-bush.
hey dumb pengion bitch, hes right i support the troops and i fucking hate bush

Lullaby
12-30-2004, 05:55 AM
I have no idea...but only cause he support the troups that doesnt mean that hes pro bush...but if he is...I would respect his opinion.....even if I dont like it

Leo_ARG
12-30-2004, 06:05 AM
I have no idea...but only cause he support the troups that doesnt mean that hes pro bush...but if he is.

I know that.But, is one more reason to think he is not sure about Bush or pro-Bush.
So far, nobody came quoting him bashing Bush, so I think I am right.

Kitten
12-30-2004, 07:17 AM

I know that.But, is one more reason to think he is not sure about Bush or pro-Bush.
So far, nobody came quoting him bashing Bush, so I think I am right.

Just because I don't 'bash' the people that I don't like, doesn't mean I don't dislike them. It just means I have more to do than start a shit slinging fight.

Tijs
12-30-2004, 08:01 AM
He wasen't sure of recording for the Rock Against Bush thing.
I read in an interview here in my country's most important paper that he wasen't sure about the war in Irak and that he didn't believe in conspiracys and said he supported the troops.
Well he wasn't too sure about putting a track on Rock Against Bush because the band doesn't want to be a political band. They hardly have political songs. You hardly ever hear them say something about Bush in interviews
Here's about the only interview I have from them about Bush:
Interview brazil (cut) (http://home.tiscali.nl/zinloos/theoffspring.info/offspringbrazil-www.theoffspring.info.avi)

wheelchairman
12-30-2004, 08:04 AM
hmm my IQ must be low, cause it's only just now that I've realized this has nothing to do with politics.

Lullaby
12-30-2004, 08:29 AM
actually no...but its about dexters political opinion about bush....*talkingweirdstuff*

Vera
12-30-2004, 08:39 AM
It's pretty connected to politics.

To answer your question, no, I don't think he's Pro-Bush. Not entirely, anyway.

wheelchairman
12-30-2004, 08:57 AM
The only way it's connected to politics is the fact that the name Bush is mentioned. This, in reality is only a discussion about Dexter's opinion, and I use the word discussion loosely.

Revolver-2005?
12-30-2004, 10:15 AM
its tied into politics no matter how u look at it...and just cause u support the troops doesnt mean ur pro-bush...and because he was unsure bout Rock against bush doesnt mean hes pro-bush, just a little cautious with wht could happen, never know with Republican assholes, they might send the military to ur house for ridiculing thm

wheelchairman
12-30-2004, 10:23 AM
It has nothing to do with politics. It's unfounded speculation on whether or not Dexter supports Bush. There are no issues really being discussed.

malumboman
12-30-2004, 10:39 AM
I still hate you

wheelchairman
12-30-2004, 10:49 AM
This message is hidden because malumboman is on your ignore list.
pwn3dzorz!

leo3375
12-30-2004, 08:22 PM
I wouldn't call Dexter pro-Bush. I've read that he's a Democrat but he seems to be a very moderate Democrat. His opinions on Iraq differed from Noodles' opinion, though. While I'm not sure of Dexter's stance on it, I know Noodles, like myself, was 100% against it from Day One.

Satanic_Surfer
12-31-2004, 02:01 AM
In my opinion, it doesnt really matter... none of them are Punk and none of them want to make a change in the world.
I heard that Ron Welty would have been vegetarian though.
No wonder he left the band...

ATOM_01
12-31-2004, 02:40 AM
there are some really stupid people in this forum...

Not knowing Dexter personally I wouldn't be able to say whether or not he was pro or anti-Bush, but bear this in mind. Tehran was re-recorded as Baghdad in 1991/1992 for the Gulf war. I don't know who was in power in 1989, but I'm pretty sure Bush Snr was behind the reigns when Baghdad was released. Even if Dexter didn't write the song, I doubt he would've sung it if he'd been against the idea. Bush Snr and Jnr have a lot of blindly obvious differences, the main probably being they've both gone to war in Iraq for reasons they shouldn't have. Dexter is also a well educated guy, and I dont believe a punk with a degree in molecular biology would be pro-Bush. Or perhaps like someone mentioned, maybe he's just cautious and thinks about the consequences of people knowing where he stands politically.

You never know, he might fear that coming out about his political views might lose him some pro-Bush Offspring fans. Noodles, your his bandmate and close friend, perhaps you could shred some light on this.

SicN Twisted
12-31-2004, 02:52 AM
That song was originally called Tehran. It was renamed Bagdad to fit current events, so I doubt it reflects Dexter's political opinion in any way.

ATOM_01
12-31-2004, 03:27 AM
That song was originally called Tehran. It was renamed Bagdad to fit current events, so I doubt it reflects Dexter's political opinion in any way.

I don't see any other Offspring songs that where renamed to suit current events, maybe the band did this because they felt strongly about the situation and wanted to express themselves in song, but found one that did perfectly so they just changed it a little. Although now that I think about it, it was in the early stages of their career, maybe they just did it because it was the punk sorta thing to do.

RXP
12-31-2004, 03:33 AM
Noodles felt strongly I guess.

GreenTerror
01-01-2005, 04:07 PM
hey dumb pengion bitch
And to think, you're calling her dumb.

Offspring Pyro
01-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Ok this is the POLITICS section, and now you guys are just saying stupid stuff about each other. If your going to post in here please make it about politics.

So anyways.. my personal opinion has been stated already, but i think that Dexter is not pro bush

T-6005
01-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Why should it matter, really?

killboypwrheadjx
01-04-2005, 07:16 PM
i never really looked to offspring songs for any kind of political insight, really. their lyrics are much more personal than that (even though it'll be a long time is one of the best anarchist/peace songs of all time). Even though i can know someone for a long time, suddenly find out they're conservative, and immediately not like them anymore...i dont really think if dexter was pro-bush or not would change my opinion too much. hes a rock-star now anyway.

zemanel
01-07-2005, 04:47 AM
Every "personal" song as you call it has strong political influence. They allways talk of social repression and system repression. The thing is you can't really dissociate the two cause they influence each other, and they're ultimatly the same. In fact I really can't understand this topic.. I'll expose the reasons why i can't.

1 - Offspring tags itself as punk-rock . Punk that is punk is allways anarkist... there's no way around it.. It's allways anti-system.. CAUSE THAT'S HOW IT WAS BORN... That's what defines it...

2 - I allways saw offspring lyrics as anaschists they can be.

3 - Forgeting the fact that offspring sold itself to mtv and all that comercial shit, and giving them the bennefit that in mid-90's and in the 80's a lot os other inicialy underground bands sold themselvs also to that, I can say that they aint all that hipocrit, so I really go on thinking that they don't call themselvs punks just cause that cool and makes you sell records..(cause that's a fact)...underground is cool in this society. is like a system's defence, it's the systems way to neutralise threats.. lol this one is very well described in americana's pretty fly :P

Well considering all that I'd say he doesn't support bush nor kerry and he doesn't give a shit for representative "democracy" cause that's actualy a falacy... lol Vote for nadder :P I would, but then again I'm European :PPP :D

killboypwrheadjx
01-07-2005, 08:54 PM
Every "personal" song as you call it has strong political influence. They allways talk of social repression and system repression. The thing is you can't really dissociate the two cause they influence each other, and they're ultimatly the same. In fact I really can't understand this topic.. I'll expose the reasons why i can't.

1 - Offspring tags itself as punk-rock . Punk that is punk is allways anarkist... there's no way around it.. It's allways anti-system.. CAUSE THAT'S HOW IT WAS BORN... That's what defines it...

2 - I allways saw offspring lyrics as anaschists they can be.

3 - Forgeting the fact that offspring sold itself to mtv and all that comercial shit, and giving them the bennefit that in mid-90's and in the 80's a lot os other inicialy underground bands sold themselvs also to that, I can say that they aint all that hipocrit, so I really go on thinking that they don't call themselvs punks just cause that cool and makes you sell records..(cause that's a fact)...underground is cool in this society. is like a system's defence, it's the systems way to neutralise threats.. lol this one is very well described in americana's pretty fly :P

Well considering all that I'd say he doesn't support bush nor kerry and he doesn't give a shit for representative "democracy" cause that's actualy a falacy... lol Vote for nadder :P I would, but then again I'm European :PPP :D
voting for nader is wasting your vote. he will never be president. its stupid. thats all im going to say about that because anyone who votes for him is obviously dumb.

second of all, dexter is like, a year short of having a phd in microbiology. i think he is smart enough to think beyond juvenile concepts such as anarchy when it comes to politics. now, i know what you're going to say. "he has anarchy signs everywhere from his plane to his guitar neck." i believe in anarchy as a lifestyle rather than a form (or lack) of government. hence the song Nitro.

"Live like there's no tomorrow"

wheelchairman
01-08-2005, 04:48 AM
voting for nader is wasting your vote. he will never be president. its stupid. thats all im going to say about that because anyone who votes for him is obviously dumb.

second of all, dexter is like, a year short of having a phd in microbiology. i think he is smart enough to think beyond juvenile concepts such as anarchy when it comes to politics. now, i know what you're going to say. "he has anarchy signs everywhere from his plane to his guitar neck." i believe in anarchy as a lifestyle rather than a form (or lack) of government. hence the song Nitro.

"Live like there's no tomorrow"
Every anarchist I've ever met, has been smarter than you. And if we only voted for the people we'd thought would win, well we obviously wouldn't be a democracy.

zemanel
01-08-2005, 09:42 AM
Juvenile concepts?? well bakunine, proudhon and those blokes weren't exactly juveniles when they generated the concept...so I can't understand what you're saying...