PDA

View Full Version : Where are you posting from?

Zeall
04-03-2007, 03:24 AM
Seeing as i'm on a client site, in their server room posting from their domain controller (main server) it got me wondering where you guys are posting from?

Amiralanal
04-03-2007, 03:26 AM
From the computer on the second floor.

fischer
04-03-2007, 03:36 AM
I post from the computer at home. If I use computer not at home I usually use it in a serious way.

Zeall
04-03-2007, 03:45 AM
I post from the computer at home. If I use computer not at home I usually use it in a serious way.

lol, i'm on a break :p

Paint_It_Black
04-03-2007, 04:13 AM
Pretty much always home.

ninthlayer
04-03-2007, 04:22 AM
Usually at work when I post.

Jojan
04-03-2007, 04:24 AM
:D I'm posting from my own fucking motherfrikkin' computer from my asslicking room and the second cock blowing cunt craving floor of this feet smelling Noodles loving house. :)

Grabbal
04-03-2007, 04:26 AM
In my very own room on my very own computer.

Jakebert
04-03-2007, 04:49 AM
Always from home.

I used to post from school at times when I had time in study hall, but I don't have that this semester.

the_GoDdEsS
04-03-2007, 04:52 AM
Always from home too.

Vera
04-03-2007, 05:02 AM
From hot stuff.

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/2348/slydevilja8.jpg

It's huge because it's wide-screen, bitches.

Zeall
04-03-2007, 05:04 AM
Wow, Taz!!!

i had a Taz pog...memories...

Paint_It_Black
04-03-2007, 05:09 AM
I had Taz underwear...memories...

JoY
04-03-2007, 05:30 AM
Pretty much always home.

yeah, me too. interesting phenomenon.

Zeall
04-03-2007, 05:34 AM
yeah, me too. interesting phenomenon.

lol, it's just i usually post when it's a quiet day at work. When i get home, i'm usually straight out of the front door again. Busy, busy :p

Paint_It_Black
04-03-2007, 05:38 AM
When I had a job that allowed it I posted from work, and probably will again.

And by "allowed" I of course meant had an internet connection, not actually gave me permission.

Zeall
04-03-2007, 05:43 AM
And by "allowed" I of course meant had an internet connection, not actually gave me permission.

This is basically it for me too, i come on during my breaks/lunch but if i am interested in a topic, i may sneak the odd post in ;)

Vera
04-03-2007, 05:59 AM
I had Taz underwear...memories...

Where do you think I got my mousepad? Ta for fabric.

JoY
04-03-2007, 06:00 AM
lol, it's just i usually post when it's a quiet day at work. When i get home, i'm usually straight out of the front door again. Busy, busy :p

I don't regularly "work" (so I don't actually have that kind of structure), but I give concerts that provide me with a lovely sum every once in a while. not often enough to really live of it, but yeah, keeps one busy. besides that I have my studies & shit, but I always have these moments in between that I could do something useful/productive, but that I just have to grab & take for myself. it's those moments that I often post an insane lot. most often I don't even realise (as I said in the OCD topic; I'm not too good with the concept of time) for how long I've been sitting here, reading & posting, & when looking at the clock, or at my insane (amount of) posts, I figure it must be quite a while. I often visit the board while doing something else between reading/writing posts, too.

*scratches head* how's that for detailed information about my posting habits? ;p

nieh
04-03-2007, 06:01 AM
I read the board a lot from work but end up posting normally from home.

Nina
04-03-2007, 06:01 AM
Always from home. I dont enjoy checking out that stuff when I'm at my bf's.

JoY
04-03-2007, 06:03 AM
Always from home. I dont enjoy checking out that stuff when I'm at my bf's.

very understandable. I'd say it's pretty natural you have something other in mind than this board when at his place. ;p

Vera
04-03-2007, 06:09 AM
Checking stuff that isn't email from other people's comps is always superawkward.

HornyPope
04-03-2007, 06:10 AM
how's that for detailed information about my posting habits? ;p
It's invaluable information to people who really wanted to get to know you.

Checking stuff that isn't email from other people's comps is always superawkward.

Not if you're in Trinidad. Trinis, you see, "like" on the computer, making it a very social experience for numerous on-lookers who want to "know whass happenin'".

Sinister
04-03-2007, 06:13 AM
I post mainly from college these days. From home too, but less so now that I got a few new games I gotta beat.

Vera
04-03-2007, 06:48 AM
WTF are you talking about, Vlad?

JoY
04-03-2007, 06:54 AM
yeah, lay off the drugs kid!

Tizzalicious
04-03-2007, 06:54 AM
From home. Or the other home.

Paint_It_Black
04-03-2007, 07:09 AM

Agreed, I won't even check email unless I'm alone.

I like my privacy.

JoY
04-03-2007, 07:33 AM
emails I can deal with. but this board.. kinda always embarrasses me. especially because it pretty clearly says "THE OFFSPRING" & there's never been a time I actually felt the need to be associated with anything that involves the band.

I sometimes check the site at school, when there's no one I know in a radius of 10m anyway, or when I'm alone or whatever at my boyfriend's.

I still get comments from people, like "uhh, Bella? where did you get that ball/pillow from..?", or (when the site is opened) "do you like, post messages to random strangers on there?"/"the OFFSPRING??!".
it especially amuses one of my housemates an incredible load. yeah. it's mostly the moderating-factor that just makes her piss her pants with laughter.

also, questions about me+meeting people from the internet just shit me. what the fuck am I supposed to say? "yeah, like me & a bunch of people from the site? we hung out for five days, but it's cool, because it's like, we knew each other, man." & then there's MORE, but I don't even want to begin to dig up that jazz in a social conversation.

mrconeman
04-03-2007, 08:11 AM
Haha. I always assumed explaining board meet-ups would be awkward as fuck in a social setting of regular friends (irl lol). But when people have been posting here and talking together for years, its really not weird at all, but it would easily just be seen as totally creepy by anyone who didn't know.

Anyway, I always post from home, I've posted once or twice from school, I can browse in school, but I usually feel a little weird to log in and actually post.

Izie
04-03-2007, 08:14 AM
95% of the time from home. Sometimes from work, if it's a really slow day.

Nina
04-03-2007, 08:27 AM
also, questions about me+meeting people from the internet just shit me. what the fuck am I supposed to say? "yeah, like me & a bunch of people from the site? we hung out for five days, but it's cool, because it's like, we knew each other, man."

Haha. I always assumed explaining board meet-ups would be awkward as fuck in a social setting of regular friends (irl lol). But when people have been posting here and talking together for years, its really not weird at all, but it would easily just be seen as totally creepy by anyone who didn't know.

I agree entirely. I dont find it embarrassing or anything, but it doesnt seem like people (irl, lol) understand, no matter how accurate your explenation is. It probably wont ever be fully understood by people who dont have much of an e-life.

Paint_It_Black
04-03-2007, 08:35 AM
It probably wont ever be fully understood by people who dont have much of an e-life.

Or even people that do. I know many people (irl lol) who spend a lot of time online, but not somewhere like this.

We're all special!!

And yeah, I hate having to explain anything about this board to outsiders.

Izie
04-03-2007, 08:55 AM
also, questions about me+meeting people from the internet just shit me. what the fuck am I supposed to say? "yeah, like me & a bunch of people from the site? we hung out for five days, but it's cool, because it's like, we knew each other, man." & then there's MORE, but I don't even want to begin to dig up that jazz in a social conversation.

The best thing ever is when someone asks me how I met Vlad, I go all weird and say "uhhhh online" and then the person goes "Oh wow, I met my girlfriend/boyfriend online too, that's awesome!"

I suddenly feel much less weird. Or maybe I just hang out with nerds :(

Rag Doll
04-03-2007, 09:10 AM
almost always from home. i don't really have time at school. and i would never check it at work....i don't particularly want people from work finding this site.

i never explain the "lolz, i hang out with people from the internetz" thing to anyone except my mom and 2 of my friends (1 thought i was crazy until she met her current boyfriend on myspace, the other is just as much of an internet nerd as i am).

JoY
04-03-2007, 09:11 AM
Haha. I always assumed explaining board meet-ups would be awkward as fuck in a social setting of regular friends (irl lol).

((But when people have been posting here and talking together for years, its really not weird at all, but it would easily just be seen as totally creepy by anyone who didn't know.))

YES IT IS.
like, Laura came to Amsterdam & it was more of a coincedence, but we wanted to see each other while she was here anyway (& I wouldn't have wanted to miss any of it).. & my boyfriend asked me what I'd be doing & I was like, "uhhh, well, uhh, this really cool chick from Cali happens to be in Amsterdam & uhh..."

of course he knows of the existence of this site & ..my ..role on here. kinda hard to hide when you get freakin' christmas presents, delivered by UPS, on your doormat every year with a flaming skull on them (& are pretty much an addicted member, who visits the board pretty regularly & even TALKS about it & discussions that go on here). but the concept of actually meeting these people.. that you've never met before.. but have talked to on some site (the fact it's the Offspring site really doesn't make it a whole lot better).. it's insane.

I'm so tangled up in my own issues with e-contacts, that most of the times I'd be happy to meet someone I've talked to intensively/frequently/for a long time, because it just works better in my head that way. I can't just talk to someone that much & not even ever meet them.. & then at the same time it doesn't, because of the concept of meeting people you've met on the net. the concept of it is just weird, even to me. & most certainly to anyone who knows me (irl lol). no matter how natural it might feel to hang out with someone irl, who you've been talking to/with for ages anyway.

Laura & I kept making pedophile-jokes right before we would see each other. because NO, you DON'T know who you're going to see & what you can expect. you've just been reading someone's messages.. in text.. in public (well, on a public board), possibly illustrated with a smiley or two. that's not the same as the tone of someone's voice & the expressions on someone's face. someone's actual presence.

thank god Laura was a bit embarrassed, too, so I put it aside & we partied like total insanes on the loose.

I agree entirely. I dont find it embarrassing or anything, but it doesnt seem like people (irl, lol) understand, no matter how accurate your explenation is. It probably wont ever be fully understood by people who dont have much of an e-life.

because I know they won't understand & because I myself can barely grasp the concept, I'm sticking to "met them at international summercamp" from now on. worked like a charm with Laura. my housemate asked me how I knew her & I could see/hear the suspicious look/tone. fuck it, she's not going to get it, I can explain it all I want, but then I end up trying to justify it endlessly, which makes me feel retarded & which just should not be necessary.

Or even people that do. I know many people (irl lol) who spend a lot of time online, but not somewhere like this.

We're all special!!

And yeah, I hate having to explain anything about this board to outsiders.

I don't even know people that spend time on the internet, on message boards & such. not at all. only you crazy bunch.

Tizzalicious
04-03-2007, 09:34 AM
The best thing ever is when someone asks me how I met Vlad, I go all weird and say "uhhhh online" and then the person goes "Oh wow, I met my girlfriend/boyfriend online too, that's awesome!"

I suddenly feel much less weird. Or maybe I just hang out with nerds :(

Same here, I think it's pretty common though.

I ALWAYS feel the need to add: "We weren't together before we actually met in real life though!" too, which is pretty lame.

Izie
04-03-2007, 09:36 AM
I ALWAYS feel the need to add: "We weren't together before we actually met in real life though!" too, which is pretty lame.

Hahahaha I do that too, not EVERY time, but very often. I say something like "We've been talking for years, and then there was this meet-up, and then we sort of met up a few more times, and things just happened..."

Whatta nerds :(

Tizzalicious
04-03-2007, 09:38 AM
We're lame :(

Hi, I met my boyfriend online and I'm afraid to admit it so I come up with all kinds of excuses.

Paint_It_Black
04-03-2007, 09:43 AM
Now imagine trying to do it if you were fug.

F@ BANKZ
04-03-2007, 12:21 PM
I post from home always, or the computer in Italy when we go...Which is quite often.

Tijs
04-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Hotter stuff:

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/5990/p1011070ck3.jpg

It's huge because it's a 22" widescreen, bitches.

Nina
04-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Haha is that Aldi cola?

Tijs
04-03-2007, 03:06 PM
Definitely is. My dad always buys the grocery in Germany.

It's good coke though, and (very) cheap.

MrJoe
04-04-2007, 04:17 AM
I've had that stuff before, its awesome.

As for posting on here, I mainly read the forums than post nowadays, unless I find something worth posting on.
I post/read mainly at home, but if work is dire, then at work. But I have to be careful with all the images people add into posts, especially as we're open office at work.:rolleyes:

Marco
04-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Always from home...sometimes also during computer lessons at school.

Paint_It_Black
04-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Always from home but not always?

Illogical statements for the lose.

Nina
04-04-2007, 01:16 PM
Maybe he means he's always online when he's at home ;P

yah yah, I know.

Wouli
04-05-2007, 03:57 AM
From my computer at home but sometimes from school when teacher doesn't look at me (like for this post ... I'm at school now ... :D :D )

Harnum
04-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Friends house at the moment. When I do post, it's mostly from my home.

Kiroga
04-06-2007, 10:45 AM
I use to post from my room, but, if I'm in another site, I post too from my PSP.