PDA

View Full Version : De Heideroosjes

Forza
04-03-2007, 05:40 AM
When you say punkrock in Holland, you say De Heideroosjes. For over 15 years they have ruled the dutch punkrock scene with their humorous songs, but also with their more serious songs. Despite the horrible accent of the singer, they made some enjoyable music. Last month, their new album, Chapter Eight, Golden State, has been released. It's a pretty good album over all, especially the dutch songs are very good.

I'd suggest you to listen to Homesick For A Place That Does Not Exist and What If on their myspace: http://www.myspace.com/heideroosjes

So... what do you think?

Haha, I saw a quote from Noodles in their biography: "I have a new favourite band, The Heideroosjes. Imagine the energy and level of NOFX, and multiply it with Rage Against the Machine. These guys rock and make me feel old."

BuddyHolly
04-03-2007, 07:04 AM
Their older albums are great. Their last sucks pretty bad. They ripped of the songs from other bands like Anti Flag, Green Day and Ignite (wich could be because of the producer). Too bad though.

Forza
04-03-2007, 09:35 AM
I don't really agree on that, there is only a few weak songs on the new album. The majority sounds better than anything they've done before. (Like What If..., Homesick, I Don't Wanna Wake Up, Ik Zie Je Later, Ik Ben Niet Bang)

Heh, it's at least better than anything the Offspring has done in the last 7 years.

BuddyHolly
04-04-2007, 10:12 AM
I don't really agree on that, there is only a few weak songs on the new album. The majority sounds better than anything they've done before. (Like What If..., Homesick, I Don't Wanna Wake Up, Ik Zie Je Later, Ik Ben Niet Bang)

Heh, it's at least better than anything the Offspring has done in the last 7 years.

Well the songs aren't too bad. But a song like Lekker Belangrijk is just an American Idiot ripoff. All Your Government Does could have been an Anti Flag song and all the faster songs are bad versions of Ignite.

And I agree that this cd is better then Splinter, but it's worse then Conspiracy Of One for sure...