PDA

View Full Version : The worst feeling in the world...

Betty
04-03-2007, 10:29 PM
...is waking up in the morning.

I don't even know how much of an exaggeration this is and the depressing part is that this means that nearly EVERY SINGLE MORNING I have to experience the absolute worst feeling in the world. This cannot be a good start to the day. If I opt to take a nap, then I have to go through this twice in one day.

I mean, there are some pretty horrible feelings. The throbbing ear aches I had in my childhood? Pretty bad. An awful hangover complete with extreme nausea? Definitely pretty bad. I'd imagine if Jack Bauer tortured me, it would be pretty bad. But what especially makes these things bad is the fact that they last for a pretty long time and you can't make them go away. If I look at it on a per time basis, waking up is still worse. For the few minutes where you struggle between the requirement of waking up and the strongest physical and mental urge to go back to sleep, waking up wins for worst feelings hands down.

My boyfriend feels the same way as me, hence we do not make a good morning combo. However, we were discussing the issue with a friend the other day and he said that waking up was his absolute favourite part of the day, and he was always excited to begin anew. He would wake up two minutes before his alarm clock each morning, to turn it off before it rang, and saunter joyfully to the shower. Upon hearing this I was in disbelief.

Anyway, are you a morning person? Do you love or hate waking up? Do you have no strong opinion either way? What IS the worst feeling in the world?

WebDudette
04-03-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm going to have to agree with you. I despise waking up in the morning, sometimes I won't go to sleep because I just don't want to wake up. It only bothers me week days though. On the weekend when I can wake up when ever I'm not bothered that much, I still don't exactly like the feeling but it's a lot better when I get plenty of sleep.

T-6005
04-03-2007, 10:51 PM
I also despise waking up. Although I think that having Jack Bauer torture me would be worse per minute. Cause he'd probably torture me in a hotel room Paul Raines style.

Tizzalicious
04-03-2007, 11:02 PM
I hate waking up early, but I always do. And once I wake up, I can't fall asleep anymore, so I just get out of bed. I always wake up before I have to, even if I have to get up really early to catch a flight or something, I will wake up before my alarm goes off.

It's pretty damn frustrating, especially when I went to bed late, because I'll know that I'll wake up at 7.00 am again anyway and I'll be dead the next day.

RickyCrack
04-03-2007, 11:05 PM
I always wake up with really bad lower back pain. (the price of being awkwardly tall.) But I usually try to wake up early to get a head start on homework, but usually ends up with a "fuck it" and a snooze for 2 hours.

Nina
04-04-2007, 12:08 AM
For almost a year now I've been incredibly lucky when it comes to this: I dont have to wake up early. I sleep in almost every single day, with a few exceptions which accur once in a while.
But as you can see now...it's 9am and I'm online. I've been awake for an hour now, doing the laundry.
What I'm trying to say is, people who have difficulties waking up in the morning maybe need a break - a REAL one. A lot of people end up having to wake up early anyway when they have holidays/a break to have more of their holiday (like my mom), but I dont think that's a good idea. Sleep is so important.

Also, it depends on how well you sleep at night. Maybe one has difficulties waking up in the morning because he didnt sleep well due to mattress problems? I didnt sleep well/had backpain/never wanted to get up for a couple months, until I changed my mattress. Now I sleep like a baby and feel a lot more awake than before.

In general I'm a morning person...I'm really happy/friendly/awake in the morning, but as I got older, parts of this slowly changed, and now I'm not AS cheerful, though still cheerful enough.

Betty
04-04-2007, 12:39 AM
I agree that it might partially be caused by not sleeping well/long enough, but I don't think that's the whole story. When I have slept 7-8 hours I feel good ONCE I have woken up, but waking up is still an awful experience. When I haven't slept enough, I still feel horrible hours after having woken up. That's the difference. Only very occasionally do I open my eyes and feel decent in the morning. I have felt this way about waking up for as long as I can remember. Seriously, I remember loathing having to wake up for school even when I was super young, like 7.

When I have time off and I'm at home where I have no responsibilities, if no one is around to wake me up or to make me feel guilty about still being in bed (ie my parents being at work) I will literally sleep until 3PM, 4PM, pretty much until I have to pee so badly that I cannot lie in bed anymore, or until the phone rings, or hunger pangs lure me out of bed or something. Even if I've been getting 10-12 hours of sleep the whole week, I will still sleep as long as possible each night, the problem with this being that then I can't fall asleep the next night and I develop a totally fucked up sleep schedule.

amipunkerin2311
04-04-2007, 01:02 AM
The worst feeling ever? well in school time you may be right, when i went to bed too late then i always feel like it really hurts to get up, next morning.I always promise myself go to bed earlier next day, but i never learn from this morning pain and think, well one hour you can still stay awake,for example when i have time the whole day, but i start learning or doing homework just when it's sleeping time =)
but on weekends i love getting up when i slept long enogh, because i love breakfast =)

Rag Doll
04-04-2007, 01:11 AM
waking up is awful. i tend to oversleep every day....by at least an hour. like, if i really need to be up by 9am to get some stuff done before class/work, i will usually actually get up at 11am. then i'll check my email. and chances are, i'll go back to bed (i'm also severely anemic, which doesn't help anything when it comes to having energy). like, today. i was supposed to be up at 9am. i ended up waking up at 10:46am. i got dressed. i did my hair. i did my makeup. i was already to go get a quick errand done and then come home and do some reading for school before work. instead, i went back to bed until around 2:30...then had to leave for work. meaning i accomplished nothing today.

so, it's now after 4am...and i'm still up. i'm dead tired, but i can't sleep. i could have done reading tonight...but i didn't. so, now i'll probably oversleep tomorrow. i really won't want to wake up, because i haven't done *anything* for the two classes i have tomorrow. i'll sleep so late that i can't get reading done in the morning. after my classes tomorrow (7pm)...i'll come home, take a nap, watch american idol...and repeat. the later it gets in the week, the less i want to wake up, because chances are i have an entire weeks worth of school work that i haven't bothered with...so i'm really stressed and miserable and definitely don't wanna wake up and face the mess i created for myself...

so. yeah. insight into Sam's* life. not really complaining...just...uh...trying to think to myself why i do this, i guess.

*=lolz, i almost wrote "DG's"....how old school of me.

Punk-Freak
04-04-2007, 01:18 AM
I get up at 6 am. to get my morning work out, it fells great after 10 minutes. But when I arrive at school about 4 hours later I'm really tired:(

It's impossible for me to get up if I take a nap during the afternoon. Actually I get the same terrible felling as you, Betty. So if I take a nap I might as well sleep until the morning.

khaaaaan
04-04-2007, 02:42 AM
I sleep until 10 every single morning. At least:cool:

Grabbal
04-04-2007, 03:06 AM
The worst feeling for me is when I wake up early for school and decide to sleep a couple more minutes, but then I oversleep and miss my bus.

Jakebert
04-04-2007, 03:29 AM
For some reason, over the past few months I haven't had as much of a problem waking up in the morning. I used to hate it, but now I don't mind it as much. Not sure why, though.

killer_queen
04-04-2007, 03:45 AM
Oh. My. God.

Michelle, I thought the exact same things this morning. Of course, I think about these things every morning when I wake up early but this morning I thought this was the worst feeling ever.

I love sleeping. Everyone does, I think. But I'm not the kind of person who sleeps all the time. What I really hate is waking up. Especially on school days. Every second in bed feels like heaven in the mornings. It definitely is the worst feeling in the world. I couldn't agree more.

JoY
04-04-2007, 03:53 AM
I HATE waking up. I always stay in bed hours after I woke up, just staring at the ceiling, or whatever. I'm always like, "HELLLLLO NEW DAY.. come back later thnx", roll over, try to sleep again, or start daydreaming, trying to wake up.

Zeall
04-04-2007, 04:26 AM
I get up 6:20 sharp every morning for work, what puts me in a good mood is that i set a Scheduled Task on my PC to open a certain Windows Media Player playlist at 6:20, and have it set on random so my "alarm" is a different song from my library every day. It also forces me to get up and turn it off.

"HELLLLLO NEW DAY.. come back later thnx"

Roffle my Waffles!

Paint_It_Black
04-04-2007, 04:31 AM
Yes, it sucks. No, it is not the worst feeling in the world.

wheelchairman
04-04-2007, 04:51 AM
I hate waking up, and I hate going to bed.

That's two things I do every single day that I hate. Oddly enough, I love sleep.

nieh
04-04-2007, 04:53 AM
You know what sucks most about waking up in the morning? Hitting the snooze button and having the alarm go back off JUST as you start falling asleep again. That happened twice to me this morning. But yeah, waking up sucks for the most part.

the_GoDdEsS
04-04-2007, 05:24 AM
The only time when I am not a fan of waking up is when a difficult day awaits me. At other times it's wonderful to sleep in late.

Betty
04-04-2007, 05:26 AM
I too, dislike going to sleep Per. Sometimes I think I have some form of insomnia. But once I fall asleep, I'm out like a light, and I love it.

Josh, do you know what sucks worse than that? When it doesn't even feel as if you have slept between 9 minute snooze cycles. When you are so exhausted you close your eyes and then the buzzer goes off again. This is different than just not remembering sleeping, it's like you didn't even sleep at all. I love the mornings when sleeping for 10 more minutes feels refreshing and like it lasted much longer than it actually did. I am a snooze master.

Izie
04-04-2007, 06:35 AM
I used to have problems going to sleep, I don't anymore, thank God. I think it's mostly due to the fact that I'm dead tired by the time I come home and finish everything that needs to be finished so I just pass out.

As far as waking up goes, I'm simple. Wake me up - I'll throw things at you. If I wake up on my own, don't touch me for the first hour. I need to finish all of my morning routines before I'm actually awake and willing to communicate with anyone in any way. Or, if I wake up and I have things to do, I'm doing them like 5 seconds after I'm up, but still don't touch me, because I'm probably angry as hell.

Also, when I'm waking up, do NOT come to my bed with a huge grin on your face with an "Aw who's so cute when she's sleeping? Time to wake up!". I want to shoot you, I swear. Do not touch me, and GOD DAMN, DO NOT TRY TO TICKLE ME.

See I don't mind waking up on my own, under my own terms, I'll wake up in time or even earlier, alarm or not, I'll do my thing and everything will be fine, but for the love of God, DO NOT BOTHER ME.

See I just woke up and I'm fine. Yesterday we had one of those "Aw Iza wakey" moments and I wanted to shoot up the world. Grumble. :(

Oh and I thoroughly hate the nights when it feels like I didn't sleep at all. But I'm weird, so when they happen, I get up right away and make myself do something difficult so I'd either pass out instantly, or just wake up like a normal person and carry on with my day.

I write so much in the morning o.O

nieh
04-04-2007, 07:12 AM
Josh, do you know what sucks worse than that? When it doesn't even feel as if you have slept between 9 minute snooze cycles. When you are so exhausted you close your eyes and then the buzzer goes off again. This is different than just not remembering sleeping, it's like you didn't even sleep at all. I love the mornings when sleeping for 10 more minutes feels refreshing and like it lasted much longer than it actually did. I am a snooze master.

I hit the snooze a lot but I hardly ever actually fall back asleep during that time. I normally just lay around and gradually get a little more awake for like 20-30 minutes. So on the rare occasion that I'm actually tired enough to fall back to sleep during those 9 minutes it sucks pretty bad getting so rudely brought back awake.

Sinister
04-04-2007, 07:19 AM
I hate getting up. Takes half an hour before I have a foot out of my bed.
On the other hand, when I must get up real early and be ready to go within 10 minutes, the alarm set at full volume gets me up & running on adrenaline until a chugged mug of coffee takes over, and it feels somewhat good. I'd say the process of starting up is a pain. But I can't have my alarm go off every day or else it'll stop being so damn efficient when I need it to be.

0r4ng3
04-04-2007, 07:21 AM
Although I think that having Jack Bauer torture me would be worse per minute.
You mean like where he forces you to watch 24?

Yeah, I'll take waking up.

---

Actually, I don't have a problem with waking up. I never really did. I just hate sleeping. It feels like a waste of time.

offspring dude
04-04-2007, 07:23 AM
Waking up is the absoulute best feeling of the day for me. I tend to wake up about 10 minutes before my alarm goes so i just lie there enjoying the comfyness for that time, and it's awesome.

It's obviously a pain in the ass if you wake up and have to get up and do a lot of things in the morning so you don't have time for that 'relaxing' bit that makes waking up so good.

So actually in my opinion: Waking up > Falling asleep or doing anything to do with relaxing.

Edit:
I love the mornings when sleeping for 10 more minutes feels refreshing and like it lasted much longer than it actually did.

JoY
04-04-2007, 07:32 AM
I hate waking up, and I hate going to bed.

That's two things I do every single day that I hate. Oddly enough, I love sleep.

same here!

when I'm finally awake, doing stuff & all, I just never want the day to be over. maybe because then I know a new day will start with tons of things I HAVE to do, et cetera, et cetera. I looove the evenings as a part of the day. the evening is the time of the day I'm most awake (edit: even when I'm drop-dead tired from my day) & that I can spend my time doing what I want. plus, by the time I'm finally on a roll (fully functioning), it's like.. noon & being functional & productive I do enjoy.

& sleep is the bomb. when fi-nal-ly in bed, I love to curl up against my man under the warm bankets.. even without my man it's a treat to be in bed, sleep & dream.

I guess for me it's the fact that in the morning you HAVE to get up to do stuff, even though you're not functional yet, at noon you're finally productive, in the evening you're on a roll & you've finally got time for yourself to actually do what you want, even if that involves things you HAVE to do, & sleep is just recharging, refreshing, relaxing, warm & supernice.

JoY
04-04-2007, 07:42 AM
Iza;
ooooh yes. mornings need to go my way, or I'll throw tons of fits. no waking me up, ESPECIALLY when I don't really have to. no teasing me, when I'm still rolled up like a little ball with my head in dreamland. don't hug & cuddle me when I've just showered. for god's sake, I just cleaned myself up. don't be hyperactive, when I'm slow in the morning (actually.. that's quite alright if you get me breakfast.. in bed). DON'T be slow, when I'm hyperactive/in a hurry in the morning. especially that last one pisses me off in a way that you'll barely survive my fury. seriously. my boyfriend probably thinks we're in a relationship crisis every morning, or whatever, but it's real damn simple; if the day starts off the wrong way in my opinion, it'll take a VERY long time for me to recover & get the rest of it right.

& the last paragraph? I have the exact same thing. I always get superhyperactive, when I'm megatired (right before I spent my last drop of energy & become practically catatonic, but then red wine/good company most often temporarily helps & shortly reloads my battery). people often confuse it for being energetic & don't get it when I explain to them I'm actually just really damn tired & therefore acting that way.

JohnnyNemesis
04-04-2007, 08:02 AM
I've been saying this for a while, actually. I absolutely despise being alive for the first hour of life, and waking up from a disorienting nap is an even worse feeling.

The grogginess, fucked up hair, ugly face, bad breath, worse taste in your mouth, it's all h-core gross.

JoY
04-04-2007, 08:11 AM
and waking up from a disorienting nap is an even worse feeling.

ugh, I agree. I always feel so cold at those moments. & I hate it to suddenly realise I've still got a piece of the day left, because then I feel obliged to get up again & do stuff, that either needs to be done, or that's in some way productive. & they barely ever make me feel less tired. more often they make me feel even more tired.

JohnnyNemesis
04-04-2007, 08:15 AM
Yeah, they always make me feel way more tired than I was before, because pre-nap I'm just exhausted, but post-nap I'm still exhausted AND disoriented and I just walk around in a complete haze. Ugh.

Sunny
04-04-2007, 10:34 AM
i am the biggest bitch in the morning, because i fucking hate waking up. i just want to stay in bed and be warm and get cuddles. i desperately try to make my mornings better... i put essential oils in my shower, try to have yummy breakfast every day (like graham crackers, vanilla yoghurt and strawberries)... but fuck. i am still cold and nauseous and irritable. and in need of a redbull. gur.

the only time i like waking up early is to go snowboarding. =/

ps. jack bauer could torture me any day. eeehe. :D

ps2. i LOVE going to sleep though. i have a whole supersweet nighttime ritual.

HeadAroundU
04-04-2007, 10:54 AM
Without troubles or duties, I love going to sleep, sleep and waking up. With them, it's the pain! :( I need lots of sleeping.

Nina
04-04-2007, 11:10 AM
I really love going to sleep, too. I'll usually feel good in my skin, there wont be any distracting noises, I'll be tired & happy to sleep, and I'll look forward to listening to music. Yup, going to sleep rocks. Which would explain why I'm such a wuss and always go to sleep early ;/

Izie
04-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Iza;
ooooh yes. mornings need to go my way, or I'll throw tons of fits. no waking me up, ESPECIALLY when I don't really have to. no teasing me, when I'm still rolled up like a little ball with my head in dreamland. don't hug & cuddle me when I've just showered. for god's sake, I just cleaned myself up. don't be hyperactive, when I'm slow in the morning (actually.. that's quite alright if you get me breakfast.. in bed). DON'T be slow, when I'm hyperactive/in a hurry in the morning. especially that last one pisses me off in a way that you'll barely survive my fury. seriously. my boyfriend probably thinks we're in a relationship crisis every morning, or whatever, but it's real damn simple; if the day starts off the wrong way in my opinion, it'll take a VERY long time for me to recover & get the rest of it right.

Oh. God. Yes.

Btw, avoiding people is easy in a way - wake up 15mins earlier than they do :p

JoY
04-04-2007, 12:27 PM
..or hours later.

yeah, I know the drill. ;p

thank god you said you don't want anybody touching you in the morning.<33 I thought that was something uberfuckingdisturbing I only had, like for instance after showering in the morning, when I finally feel fresh & ready to jump in my clothes. I just need to focuss my goddamn head on waking up, getting ready, starting my day & doing what I need to do. & that takes a loooot of personal space.

Izie
04-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Oh God, I'm the worst when it comes to touching me in the morning. I'm in bed and sleeping and then you try to like, hug me? I generally start twitching and end up getting up angrily and storming off to the bathroom, where I shower/brush teeth/put cremes on and then proceed to dress and eat, and do NOT touch me before I'm done. RARRRRR!

I feel understood. <3

JoY
04-04-2007, 12:43 PM
hahaha, me too! *heartz & all that*

what's kinda sweet though, is when my boyfriend later tells me how "cute" I was (well, thank GOD he thinks so), making loud noises of annoyance, smacking him with my little girly fists to get him off me. in my sleep. duuude, you don't herass girlies IN THEIR SLEEP.

Sunny
04-04-2007, 12:44 PM
on that note: why are teh menz so into morning sects?

=/

JoY
04-04-2007, 12:47 PM
oh, I'm into morning sex. as long as I have nothing else to do (or first I'll go do it, with him waiting for me in bed naked, if necessary) & had breakfast in bed first.
& yes, I'm even willing to buy & make us that breakfast.

Edit; too personal? :/

Izie
04-04-2007, 12:55 PM

=/

Does liking it make me a man? :(

JohnnyNemesis
04-04-2007, 12:58 PM
I read an article in Men's Health answering that question, Sunny, but I forgot most of it. Something similar to the reason we're all hungry in the morning though, lawl.

Apparently, what your menz is packin' is more potent in the morn'.

Sunny
04-04-2007, 12:59 PM

yes.

anyway, no, i like it, i just need extra warm-up time. hee.

Sunny
04-04-2007, 01:01 PM
I read an article in Men's Health answering that question, Sunny, but I forgot most of it. Something similar to the reason we're all hungry in the morning though, lawl.

Apparently, what your menz is packin' is more potent in the morn'.

is that so? ha. hrm.

menz b weird. ;p

but no, like, morning sects is good. just not as good.

JoY
04-04-2007, 01:06 PM

hah, I knew it. I always first feel hungry & hunger would keep my mind off it & I'm distracted waay too easily (imagine someone making a big breakfast in the middle of sex.. that's how I imagine me & sex before breakfast). plus, it's a ritual, part of my morning ritual. I need breakfast first, or else I'll just be like "breakfastfirstbreakfastfirstbreakfastfirst" during the entire time we have sex.

I can't even begin to explain how freakin' essential it is. these days I don't even understand how I ever used to like morning sex before breakfast so much. but back then it was probably as much as a morning ritual to me, as breakfast first now is.

whatever. either way, AFTER breakfast I most often am.. very muchly in the mood. to put it in a way that children can still safely visit this board without risking a trauma.

JohnnyNemesis
04-04-2007, 01:21 PM
I love morning sex, but I always wish I could shower first and not kill the mood/lose the moment, because the very first thing I do before ANYTHING (aside from brushing my teeth and peeing) is shower. I'm way too clean, too clean for my own good :(

Of course, if the opportunity arises, I always go through with the morning sex w/o the shower.

Zeall
04-05-2007, 03:36 AM
I tried setting my alarm a little earlier so i could have a lie in, seeing as you all seem to love it alot. I have a headache now, and not one of those ones that just goes away, it's pounding. I'm definitely not doing that again.

the very first thing I do before ANYTHING (aside from brushing my teeth and peeing) is shower. I'm way too clean, too clean for my own good :(

I do the same, i'd rather be too clean and shower everyday than be VERY conscious of the fact that i didn't shower that morning, it would bug me all day if i didn't shower.

wheelchairman
04-05-2007, 04:24 AM
Johnny/Mags, the answer is simple. Morning Glory is a beautiful gift/terrible burden. Like Spiderman's spider powers.

Paint_It_Black
04-05-2007, 05:30 AM

=/

Because there are so many good excuses to leave right after.

JohnnyNemesis
04-05-2007, 07:17 AM
PIB 4 Prez.

Betty
04-09-2007, 01:45 AM
hah, I knew it. I always first feel hungry & hunger would keep my mind off it & I'm distracted waay too easily (imagine someone making a big breakfast in the middle of sex.. that's how I imagine me & sex before breakfast). plus, it's a ritual, part of my morning ritual. I need breakfast first, or else I'll just be like "breakfastfirstbreakfastfirstbreakfastfirst" during the entire time we have sex.

Hahaha... Bella you crack me up. I can do morning sex. I mostly even enjoy it. But I cannot do morning sex when I am still asleep. Or wanting to go back to sleep. And my boyfriend is so so so incredibly persistent. And I am so grumpy and tired. Sex is just not a good enough reason to wake up at all. Breakfast however is a different story. I think breakfast is the only thing that keeps me sane. It's funny cause I actually just made a compromise today that we could have morning sex only if I get fed breakfast first. And perhaps shower, that's optional. But might be helpful to make it to the breakfast stage.

JoY
04-10-2007, 06:24 AM
see, well, then me wanting breakfast first doesn't seem to be that weird.

Sin Studly
04-10-2007, 07:50 AM
Scientists agree that the worst feeling in the world is a platypus bite. Sorry.

mrconeman
04-10-2007, 07:50 AM
I wouldn't enjoy being woken up by that anyway.

Mota Boy
04-10-2007, 10:10 AM
It depends. If I haven't been sleeping a lot lately, waking up is horrendous, especially when you're saddled with the knowledge that you're going to spend the next twenty hours of your life exhausted and miserable.

For me, there's an enormous difference between waking up due to an alarm and waking up on my own. If I'm interrupted in a sleep cycle, it's awful and I can remember lying in bed, logically telling my brain that I had to get up before finally forcing my feet over the side. However, when I wake up on my own it's not nearly as bad, especially when I've got goals set for myself that I want to accomplish.

nameless
04-10-2007, 02:39 PM
the worst thing for me is waking up a few minutes before the alarms going to ring, i dont know exactly why but i just hate that feeling! you also know that by turning it off before it rings you will fall asleep again!