PDA

View Full Version : pplz reached a new level of stupidy

Nina
04-04-2007, 12:08 PM
This is off a feminist community on LJ. I sometimes wish I never joined in the first place.
In this particular case, the subject matter is shaving. It started off with a (quite ridiculous) ad by nair, and developed into "everyone who shaves and thinks it's their own choice is full of shit".

And this is what someone said about hair removel and when it's supposingly okay. I am honestly so incredibly surprised by this statement that I have NO WORDS. Please tell me I'm not the only one who finds this beyond ridiculous:

I think it would be fine if she chooses to shave and wears pants, long skirts and shirts with sleeves all the time when she leaves the house. But the moment she goes out in shorts, short skirts, capris, tank top, etc, etc she is passively forcing other women to shave and it no longer becomes a question of personal freedom. I know for a fact that my wife felt forced to shave herself simply because every time she left the house 100% of the women on the streets were shaved.

Think of all of the girls who ask there parents to start shaving at 11 years old. This happens because there are no women that don't shave. By going out and showing off that you shave your legs you are forcing other women to comply. If all women who shaved never showed off their legs then it would be easier for women who don't want to shave to stop.

Paint_It_Black
04-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Honestly it's about what I'd expect from a feminist community on LJ.

And yes, it is ridiculous.

Nina
04-04-2007, 12:17 PM
It's my fault women are insecure :( :(

Tizzalicious
04-04-2007, 12:18 PM
That would indeed be the most ridiculous reason not to shave ever. "I don't like hairy legs, but I can't shave, because it might make other women want to do the same! OH NOEZ!!!!!"

JoY
04-04-2007, 12:19 PM
oh puhlease Nina, that IS ridiculous. of course it fucking is. "if I jump, will you jump"-kinda question. if you want to shave, godfuckingdammit SHAVE. if you don't, by all means, don't. a friend of mine doesn't & she has forests for armpits. well, I personally think that's.. not so charming, & although I respect her & her wish not to shave her armpits, I do shave my armpits. I don't know about you, but I shave my legs (& more, but that's another topic) because I dislike to be hairy. & actually, I don't even shave, but for my legs I use one of those epilators? no idea what that's called in English, but I was hoping a literal translation would do the trick. I don't even use it very often, so YES, sometimes.. I'm a little bit hairy. but I'm also blonde, have thin hair & make sure I'm not hairy where I'm not so blonde & don't have such thin hair. because I liiiike it.

it's a fucking fashion/cultural thing, too. not a "WOMAN MUST SHAVE"-thing. & then involving the clothes? telling you shouldn't wear clothes that show if you either do, or don't shave? why the fuck should anybody care??

Paint_It_Black
04-04-2007, 12:21 PM
It's my fault women are insecure :( :(

Yes, but don't be too hard on yourself. Men are truly to blame. You're just caught up in their evil plot to objectify you.

wheelchairman
04-04-2007, 12:27 PM
This isn't exactly a new level of stupidity for feminists. They've been saying it for years.

This sums it up pretty well:

Honestly it's about what I'd expect from a feminist community on LJ.

And yes, it is ridiculous.

Sunny
04-04-2007, 12:27 PM
people have been taking the "the personal is political" mantra way too far. don't shave cause it sets women back 50 years, don't practice s&m because it promotes inequality... oh, kiss my perfectly smooth ass. it's my goddam body, not a billboard for your agenda.

additionally, i hate how i have to be a fucking role model for other women just because i'm female. don't shave, you're sending the wrong message to young girls. don't wear makeup, you're telling other women that they have to. don't act ditzy/talk about shopping, you're enforcing stereotypes.

wtf, srsly.

and may i just add, i consider myself a feminist, shaved legs and all. obviously, some feminists are total idiots, but so are people who go "lulz all femenists r dum".

Izie
04-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Yeah, what everyone said. It's beyond ridiculous.

Honestly, I don't give a shit, I will shave, wear makeup, dye my hair, wear whatever the hell clothes I want, and I don't give a rat's ass if it bothers someone. You like it, great. You don't, too bad. I do. Get over it.

Sunny
04-04-2007, 12:32 PM
whore of babylon!

get on aim.

the_GoDdEsS
04-04-2007, 12:32 PM
Yeah. I don't see how any non-retard would give a shit about that. But still lololol at the idiocy.

wheelchairman
04-04-2007, 12:34 PM
I love how it's a guy, saying what women should or should not do, and talking about his pathetic wife.

JoY
04-04-2007, 12:35 PM
@ Sunny:
don't smoke, because you're studying medicine.

..okay, random/bad example. but I wholeheartly agree with you. also, when people hear I play the violin; "aren't you supposed to be boring & know absolutely nothing concerning fashion?", when people hear I'm in a fraternity/sorority; "aren't you supposed to drink beer like, every day of the week, flaunt your daddy's cash & be a bitch?", when people hear I study medicine; "aren't you supposed to be a MAJOR geek with straight A's & no friends?"

I've got news, world. I'm human. GAH.

Edit; this to point out that stereotypes aren't just completely annoying, but they're also VERY tiring, if you're expected to live up to them 24/7. no one freakin' has to. neither do women when it concerns shaving legs. holy shit.

JoY
04-04-2007, 12:37 PM
I love how it's a guy, saying what women should or should not do, and talking about his pathetic wife.

could still be a woman.

..in some parts of this world.

JohnnyNemesis
04-04-2007, 12:52 PM
I wouldn't go as far as saying it's ridiculous, but it IS exceptionally stupid. I see strains of a better point in there (the fact there ARE unfair societal pressures women have to deal with every fucking day that is related to, but not exclusive to, the way others behave), but the way he presented it (my wife is the most influential woman in the woooooooooorld, lololol) makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

JoY
04-04-2007, 12:57 PM
oh my god you're a feminist.
& that wouldn't be weird at all, if you weren't a DUDE.

I can't say I feel very pressured. not that I don't see why women couldn't feel pressured by society, culture & fashion.. but I guess all that stuff must just fit me like a glove, or something, because I really don't feel pressured. not exceptionally, besides the usual stuff of things I want to accomplish, et cetera, but that's personal.

except maybe to be thinner, but it's not like I actually go out of my way to match that vision.

JohnnyNemesis
04-04-2007, 01:01 PM
Pfft, I've been a h-core feminist for years! And aint nothin' weird about it.

Sunny
04-04-2007, 01:03 PM
feminist doodz are hott <3

Nina
04-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Yeah I dont have anything against feminists, that would be kinda lolz, but some people in that community absolutely baffle me with their comments.

I, too, feel pressure sometimes, and I think a lot of people do, and it's a problem, etc etc., but literally always blaming it on others instead of seeing that maybe one shouldnt let every next best person be so incredibly influential would make everything a lot easier.

Bella, I agree with you on the stereotype-thing. Another thing I found stupid in the argument I had was when someone told me that I'm supposed to always make feminist choices. okwhatev.

Rag Doll
04-04-2007, 01:09 PM
basically, I agree with Ricky.

and feminist guys are totally hot. one of my best friends is a male women's studies major. i would do him so hard (girl on top, of course)

JohnnyNemesis
04-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Since y'all like male feminists, you and Sunny can both do me in butt.

Simultaneously lololo.

mrconeman
04-04-2007, 01:28 PM
If men had pms there'd be a cure by now.

how u gn react?!

Paint_It_Black
04-04-2007, 02:34 PM
I love Mister Coneman.

That is all.

SkunkIt
04-04-2007, 03:06 PM
More hairy women. MORE HAIRY WOMEN!

He's being ridicoulous. After all who would want to look like this:

http://www.print.duncans.tv/images/Avon-armpit.jpg

I'm sure many people, actually. Just not with the hairy armpit.

nieh
04-04-2007, 03:15 PM
whore of babylon!

One of my friends had an old lady repeatedly hit her with a yardstick while screaming "whore of Babylon!" at her because she had her feet up on the seat on a subway. She ended up stealing the yard stick and breaking it in half. That's not at all relevant to the thread, I just like that story.

HornyPope
04-04-2007, 07:36 PM
What is your opinion on shaving vagina?

JohnnyNemesis
04-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Go against the grain.

goonadie1day
04-04-2007, 08:50 PM

Could be a lesbian... ya never know! Maybe even a transexual...

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's ridiculous, but it IS exceptionally stupid. I see strains of a better point in there (the fact there ARE unfair societal pressures women have to deal with every fucking day that is related to, but not exclusive to, the way others behave), but the way he presented it (my wife is the most influential woman in the woooooooooorld, lololol) makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

Thank you JN, you make a great point!

My opinion: I hate shaving my friggin legs. It annoys me like no other. Razor burn, bumps, itchies, cuts, ugh. Plus i am a pasty white pale girl and no one can stand to see that much whitey-legged-ness in one day! :D So typically i dont shave them... i mean i always where long pants anyways so... its NBD and about 75% of the girls in my school are like me... i mean why waste the time?

Could you imagine if all women never shaved anything... o.O ewww this reminds me of Paula Cole....

Nina
04-05-2007, 12:18 AM
SEE. Please post in that community and take away their illusion that 100% of women shave. I also havent experienced that everyone does, and it's not big deal at all, and I dont see why anyone must feel pressure to shave just because many others do.

Vera
04-05-2007, 12:40 AM
Well, every group has its dumbfuck members but feminists seem to carry the most vocal idiots.

Livejournal communities piss me off on a regular bases. I cannot tell you how many I have to keep off my friendslist just because the shit that those idiots post in them pisses me off. A lot of comms for stuff I love are not on my friendslist because shit almighty some of those posts just make my head hurt - I don't want to see them, read them, anything.

The lesson here: people at large are idiots. Sometimes it's just merely surprising how idiotic they can be (see also: manga=anime).

killer_queen
04-05-2007, 05:35 AM
Shaving is really stupid, though. It looks bad, feels bad and you have to do it almost every week. Waxing, ftw.

I got nothing else to say. But I agree with this wholeheartedly.

and may i just add, i consider myself a feminist, shaved legs and all. obviously, some feminists are total idiots, but so are people who go "lulz all femenists r dum".

Nina
04-05-2007, 05:36 AM
But waxing hurts so so much :(

Paint_It_Black
04-05-2007, 05:42 AM
Shaving is really stupid, though. It looks bad, feels bad and you have to do it almost every week.

Almost every week? What are you, a feminist? That shit needs to be done every day or two. It should be, like, law. Or something.

killer_queen
04-05-2007, 05:52 AM
But waxing hurts so so much :(

Hmm yeah, that could be a problem if you don't enjoy pain. I mean...not that I enjoy pain but...

Richard, wtf? Girls aren't that hairy. Or at least I am not. But still, wtf? I don't mind women who don't wax/shave. In fact, I admire them. Sure, these people are nuts. But nobody has to do all the suffering just to look better. What you are saying is no different than what these idiots say, I think.

Paint_It_Black
04-05-2007, 07:56 AM
I wasn't entirely serious.

goonadie1day
04-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Almost every week? What are you, a feminist? That shit needs to be done every day or two. It should be, like, law. Or something.

Ive gone longer... and no it shouldnt... if girls have to shave... guys have to wax their balls!

Lodat225
04-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Which i do.

0r4ng3
04-05-2007, 02:10 PM
guys have to wax their balls!
No thanks, I'm feminist.

Vera
04-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Shaving is really stupid, though. It looks bad, feels bad and you have to do it almost every week. Waxing, ftw.

I agree but like Nina said, waxing so painful and I hates the pain.

Vera
04-05-2007, 03:17 PM
guys have to wax their balls!

Fab idea. I hate it when I'm walking around town during the summer and I see those ugly hairy things swinging from side to side on the streets.

goonadie1day
04-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Fab idea. I hate it when I'm walking around town during the summer and I see those ugly hairy things swinging from side to side on the streets.

Ahhh hahahaha... Its a fair trade i think!

Paint_It_Black
04-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Ive gone longer... and no it shouldnt... if girls have to shave... guys have to wax their balls!

You stupid whore. I already said I wasn't entirely serious. You stupid whore.

Oh, and don't use yourself as any kind of example for what real people should do. You stupid whore.

goonadie1day
04-05-2007, 10:08 PM
You stupid whore. I already said I wasn't entirely serious. You stupid whore.

Oh, and don't use yourself as any kind of example for what real people should do. You stupid whore.

I know your not trying to be funny... but lolololo... goddamn... take a chill pill

Paint_It_Black
04-05-2007, 10:11 PM
I know your not trying to be funny...

Holy shit, you really are a stupid whore.

So, is it 1day yet?

goonadie1day
04-05-2007, 10:15 PM
Holy shit, you really are a stupid whore.

So, is it 1day yet?

eh... so you ////think//// im a stupid whore... what can ya do?

I think this question was already asked by JN... and no its not that day... you ass muncher...

JohnnyNemesis
04-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Can you make it 1day please?

goonadie1day
04-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Can you make it 1day please?

nope. your goona hafta kill me if you want me to die.

WebDudette
04-05-2007, 10:30 PM
I agree, Goon is fucking annoying.

JohnnyNemesis
04-05-2007, 10:36 PM
nope. your goona hafta kill me if you want me to die.

Stop being so lazy :(

Paint_It_Black
04-05-2007, 10:56 PM
I agree, Goona is fucking annoying.

Goon please.

Nina
04-06-2007, 02:00 AM
I agree, Goon is fucking annoying.

Llamas
04-06-2007, 03:40 AM
I agree, Goon is annoying.

Not Ozymandias
04-06-2007, 03:54 AM
I think the comment from LJ is right-on. The only reason I've started wearing pants in public is because I don't want to pressure other men to trim their pubes too.

Nina
04-06-2007, 09:48 AM
By now, I am completely grossed out by these people. They have created a standard of their own (being completely anti-"conforming") and are hatin' on the people who dont do it like them, be it
- hair removal
- bras
or whatever.

Someone tell me, how are both extremes good? How is objectifying a woman worse than offending/negatively judging a woman because she shaves?

Sanni is right, people ARE shitty, as general as this may sound.

Thank you kissmyass_cosmo, you have convinced me that "conforming" is a lot better than being what you call "feminist".

Sin Studly
04-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Feminists generally fall into two groups of people. First, there's the 2 or 3% of them who call themselves feminists because they believe in correcting societal inequality, and are stupid enough to think that people won't group them in with the other 97%-98%. I'm sorry Magdalena, Sarah, Nina, Gulsah, anybody else, but when you willingly identify yourself as being part of a movement that is almost completely filled with self-righteous morons, then you deserve to get prejudged.

The second group are the people who have something wrong with themselves ; they're stupid, they're fat, they're lazy about personal hygeine, they have no social skills, they can't get a boyfriend, they're a nymphomaniac slut who can't keep a relationship, they're a lying backstabbing cunt, or any combination of the above ; and desperately want to feel like they are somehow morally superior to the happier and more adjusted section of society. See, they don't have shortcomings... they're just more emancipated. And the women that have friends, husbands, families, social skills, happiness, hygeinic vaginas that don't stink out every room they walk into with the rank odour of rotting period... well, they're all oppressed.

Nina
04-06-2007, 11:10 AM
I for one learned my lesson, as stated above. Most of them ARE morons, even if there are good thoughts behind their actions.
I'll shave my legs and eat a steak and wear a fake fur coat if it looks hot. whatever, leave me alone.

Sunny
04-06-2007, 11:29 AM
Feminists generally fall into two groups of people. First, there's the 2 or 3% of them who call themselves feminists because they believe in correcting societal inequality, and are stupid enough to think that people won't group them in with the other 97%-98%. I'm sorry Magdalena, Sarah, Nina, Gulsah, anybody else, but when you willingly identify yourself as being part of a movement that is almost completely filled with self-righteous morons, then you deserve to get prejudged.

on one hand, you're right, and i am being grouped with a bunch of douchebags; on the other hand, to me, saying "im not a feminist" is like saying "i don't care for equal pay, the whole right-to-vote thing is kinda lame, and i'm ok with not being able to press charges if i get raped; my husband or father should have the right to do so instead".

you know?

killer_queen
04-06-2007, 01:03 PM
I don't know about him but I do.

I'm obviously not an activist and I can't imagine myself joining any feminist groups or whatever they are or actually dedicate myself for women rights. But just like Sunny, saying "I'm not a feminist" irritates me like nothing else does. I feel like those women who think that men would like them more if they keep talking about how women suck, what a stupid thing feminism is and shit. Well, maybe most of the men do like that kind of women but I have no interest in them. And I believe those disgusting, fat, hairy women are much better than these kind of women and men and I don't mind when people think I'm one of them.

Sin Studly
04-07-2007, 03:17 AM
to me, saying "im not a feminist" is like saying "i don't care for equal pay, the whole right-to-vote thing is kinda lame, and i'm ok with not being able to press charges if i get raped; my husband or father should have the right to do so instead".

you know?

You have a point there, if we were living in 1895. Nowadays, a normal woman tends to like equal pay, suffrage, and not getting raped. A normal woman is not a feminist. See, a woman that liked equal pay, suffrage, and not having an unwanted dick inside her was a feminist back in the 1800's. Now she's just a woman. Those rights are the status quo now, and there's no word to describe people who approve of them, because it's normal. Forget about the whole "feminist" thing, laugh at them when they say stupid things, and don't call yourself one ; because you're only a feminist by dint of labelling yourself as one. To me, you're not really a feminist, you're just a normal woman.

Of course, none of this applies to Gulsah, since she lives in Turkey, which is the social equivalent of living in 1895.

Paint_It_Black
04-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Justin is 100% right.

brothadave79
05-17-2008, 09:09 AM
I know for a fact that my wife felt forced to shave herself simply because every time she left the house 100% of the women on the streets were shaved.

Wow, this guy has stumbled upon the concept of social norms. Impressive.

Little_Miss_1565
05-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Prnkonme, I replied to this and then realized it was oooold.

Amiralanal
05-17-2008, 11:02 AM
I shave my balls!