PDA

View Full Version : Against Belief - live videos

Homer
04-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Hey, how's it going? Wait, don't answer that. Anyways, just like the title says, I've got live videos of us, Against Belief, in concert! But, it gets better. The camera we used is an HD camera! So, yeah, it was filmed at The New Occidental, which was notorious for its stabbings, muggings, etc! Anyways, the band agrees that we played well during the concert, and now you guys can finally see what we're capable of, instead of listening to crappy, rushed demos!

The videos are on our Youtube channel (www.youtube.com/againstbelief).

The set list is as follows
01 - Trends Are Cults
02 - Blood Rain
03 - Body Count
04 - Yesterday (Bad Religion cover)
05 - Anesthesia (Bad Religion cover)
06 - Bad Publicity
07 - "Barbara Walters" (Name pending)
08 - Invincible

We'd love to hear comments about the show, though don't comment on sound levels, since we had no control over it because it was a Battle Of The Bands concert. Also, don't comment on the camera work... it was the guitarist's mom who was recording it, so give her some slack, okay?

And, if anyone's interested... Myspace blog (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=112204806).

Comments begin here.

Grabbal
04-05-2007, 02:29 AM
I just have to know why you wrote this comment on your own song.

"Dude, like, this song kicks balls... in a good way, I guess."

With another profile.

Homer
04-05-2007, 04:36 PM
I don't know, nothing else to do, and I've had that account for a long time, so... yeah. Besides, it's just to get things "rolling", I guess.

So... more comments?

Grabbal
04-05-2007, 05:43 PM
I thought it was great.

Good playing.
I think it's a good voice,but turn up the microphone.

mrconeman
04-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Like I said in the other thread:

Hot damn, man. You've got yourself a solid band going there. Very Offspring and Bad Religion influenced, you can tell.

And for once a band posting home made videos where the singer actually doesn't suck. You can pull off the American punk vocals nicely. Good job.
From watching "Invincible" you're not a half bad guitarist either. Nice work indeed.

I really liked the really rather Offspring esque riff in Trends are Cults

But yes, the only problem was the recording quality, your voice and guitar were a little low in the mix, but thats understandable in a live, and local gig setting.

Homer
04-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Hey thanks for the comments, we seem to get a lot of "I can hear the Bad Religion/Offspring influence" comments, so I guess we're doing our job. But yeah, as I said, it was a Battle of the Bands, also, the quality of the recording is actually really great, though I had to render it to shit to make it internet friendly, but yeah, thanks for the comments.

Keep 'em coming!

neocon58
04-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Looking pretty good guys. You look pretty solid.

The only thing I can really say as far as constructive criticism, that nobody else has mentioned yet, is I think you guys should "perform" more on stage.

You're playing a high energy/high emotion genre of music. Get into it when you play live. Walking around, headbanging/nodding, jumping, swaying, throwing guitars, getting rough with the instruments, etc etc. If you wanna win over crowds, you gotta get them to believe in your music. If you don't act like you believe in your own music, by standing there like stunned mullets, then how is the audience going to really believe in your set.

And you don't have to go ridiculously overboard with the 'performing', but a little bit of movement certainly would be a good idea. I read somewhere in that sort of scenario, how you are perceived is about 90 percent visual, and hardly anything on the music. So basically unless your songs are completely shit, you just have to focous on your live performance skills.

That either made a lot of sense or none at all. I'm sure some of you will know what I'm getting at.

EDIT: and yes, I know it can be embarrasing trying to get into it like that in front of crowds. Have a few drinks before hand, or just realize it dosen't really matter what they think and just let go. and like I said, getting at least slightly into the music when you play live happens for basically 99 percent of bands, especially in your genre. So you're not going to look any stupider than the thousands of other bands doing it. Just have fun.

Homer
04-10-2007, 04:51 PM
^ Yeah, I know what you mean. That's actually the one thing I keep trying to enforce on ourselves. We'll work on it!

Really great comments, guys. Anything that'll help us improve, we want to go into the next Battle Of The Bands with winning material.

RobinoZombie
04-11-2007, 04:04 AM
I Like it alot!
good playing, dont know how long you guys have been playing together, but it sounded tight and nice.
Sure, a little more stagepresence wouldnt hurt, but that comes after a while
hence of your influences you might like Tones Of Misery
www.myspace.com/tonesofmisery
would be nice if youd drop a line!
//Robin

Homer
04-11-2007, 09:35 PM
^ We've been playing together for about a year now, but the guitarist used to be part of the experience (without a bassist) about a year and half ago, until he quit, then came back about 5 months ago.

And yes, I've heard Tones Of Misery before (I can't remember why, probably from these boards), and I suggest you get some memorable tunes, I mean, they sound quite similar. Though, they are preformed perfectly. Nice solid band there. But this thread is about my band, not yours.

More comments? I don't know if anyone can come up with anything different, but hey, just think of any criticism or compliments and it'll be a good comment.