PDA

View Full Version : America=Fat?

Snickerz
04-05-2007, 05:38 PM
I was thinking, is America really the fattest country right now? I would not be suprised if it was. Everywhere I go, people are ether fat or chunky. I feel like I stand out alot here, becuase I only weigh 100 lbs. I think if people are blaming fast food places, then why do they eat there? It's not like we are forcing them to eat a big mac every damn day! Plus, nobody cares about their weight it seems.

I want your guys opinions on this one. I can see that alot of you Offspring fans are everywhere.

Grabbal
04-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Your avatar scares me.

MrJoe
04-05-2007, 05:41 PM
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GFRC_enGB207GB207&q=fattest+country

America probably is the fattest country in the world. Britain is supposedly the fattest country in Europe.

Lodat225
04-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Yes. It is.

*-MaRtA-*
04-05-2007, 05:48 PM
It could be the fattest country, but fat people are in all countries even in Spain. And they're becoming more and more, I think that's because of the fast food or their habits of eating food which is not healthy, but Mc Donalds hasn't got all the fault. I think it could also be because they don't practice any sports. :confused:

wheelchairman
04-05-2007, 06:07 PM
America just got fatter ahead of time. It didn't have the burden that WW2 gave to the rest of Europe. Already know parts of England are fatter than parts of the US though. Personally I'll laugh at the day that Europe passes or becomes equal to the US. Snobby bastards.

WebDudette
04-05-2007, 06:48 PM
America is actually the 9th fattest country, the first being Nauru.

XYlophonetreeZ
04-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Fatness in places like Nauru and the Samoas is all a result of genetic disorders caused by inbreeding, which naturally happens from time to time on relatively small remote islands.

WebDudette
04-05-2007, 06:59 PM
In all honesty I had never even heard of Nauru till I looked it up a couple minutes ago.

Coleby
04-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Yes, we get it, America's fat, no one cares anymore, we've all heard it millions of times.

wheelchairman
04-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Jews are fat.

Homer
04-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Yes, we get it, America's fat, no one cares anymore, we've all heard it millions of times.

Fat-ass .

Snickerz
04-05-2007, 09:14 PM
I've noticed that alot of lezbians are fat.

goonadie1day
04-05-2007, 10:06 PM
I've noticed that alot of lezbians are fat.

So are a lot of straight 35 year old mothers...

Thomas
04-05-2007, 10:31 PM
I prefer to call it "stored energy" instead of fat, thankyouverymuch.

HornyPope
04-05-2007, 10:45 PM
America just got fatter ahead of time. It didn't have the burden that WW2 gave to the rest of Europe. Already know parts of England are fatter than parts of the US though. Personally I'll laugh at the day that Europe passes or becomes equal to the US. Snobby bastards.

That's an opinion, not a fact.

If you want to have that opinion, why don't you go back to Russia?

Offspring-Junkie
04-06-2007, 03:55 AM
I'm glad that I'm not fat, I don't want to harass other people for beeing it.

F@ BANKZ
04-06-2007, 04:20 AM

It probably won't happen for a long, long time. European countries are becoming alot more caution and aware of fat content in foods that they eat. Also poorer European countries have a large population of people who aer unable to afford excessive amounts of food, whereas America is overall the richest country in the world.

Grabbal
04-06-2007, 04:22 AM
I prefer to call it "Big Boned".

MrJoe
04-06-2007, 04:34 AM
- 'big bones covered in meat and gravy' you mean.

Grabbal
04-06-2007, 04:38 AM
Cartman: I'm not fat. I'm big-boned.

Llamas
04-06-2007, 04:53 AM
Per, people in Europe just don't eat the same as in the US. I'm pretty sure they're not going to pass up the US. In the US, people complain about the lack of fast food and whine for more to be built... here, there are probably 1/4 or even less fast food places, and people don't want more built. And people here walk and bike SO much more... not in all of Europe, of course, but in all the places I've been they do. Americans drive everywhere. (Oh, and Per, I was right about there being more cars in the US. Everyone has a car there, and I only know one person here who has one).

Not Ozymandias
04-06-2007, 04:57 AM
Honestly, why wouldn't we be? We're so well-off we have to create problems for ourselves (Iraq says hi).

MrJoe
04-06-2007, 05:01 AM
One thing you have to take into consideration is the sheer size of America any, that wouldn't help with averages.

wheelchairman
04-06-2007, 06:49 AM
Vlad, what is the obesity rate in Russia? I would imagine it's not as high as the states, despite the Russian propensity for unhealthy food.

Bri, Europeans talk a lot about eating healthy. But that's only students. People who work full time, or who work and are students just don't have the time/energy to eat healthy, and often can save money with fastfood. That's supposed to be the reason behind the obesity problem in Scotland.

Llamas
04-06-2007, 06:57 AM
Bri, Europeans talk a lot about eating healthy. But that's only students. People who work full time, or who work and are students just don't have the time/energy to eat healthy, and often can save money with fastfood. That's supposed to be the reason behind the obesity problem in Scotland.

...but then what creates the difference here: In the US, it's mostly the college students who eat fast food all the damn time due to having little time, and adults eat better than students. There's always SUCH a huge concentration of fast food places around campus due to this.

wheelchairman
04-06-2007, 06:58 AM
There are of course fat college students, this however is not where the concentration of fat people in the states...

Llamas
04-06-2007, 07:02 AM
There seem to be many more obese college students than after college, though. I don't know. The fact still remains that there is a greater concentration of fast food places around campuses.

Sunny
04-06-2007, 12:09 PM
speaking of college students: i think my school simply does not admit people whose BMI exceeds 22 or so. i know 3 fat girls who go to my school. THREE. everyone else is skinny as all hell.

must be the blow/red bull diet...

calichix
04-10-2007, 10:10 AM
I like, never see fat people. Except fat Mexican mamis with their babies in cheap grocery stores and the occasional jolly fat guy. I think they're like super conservative gay-hating republicans and hide in the boonies or people who deny global warming and the holocaust or scientologists or Catholics. I never see them either. But word on the street is that they're out there.

Mota Boy
04-10-2007, 10:54 AM
speaking of college students: i think my school simply does not admit people whose BMI exceeds 22 or so. i know 3 fat girls who go to my school. THREE. everyone else is skinny as all hell.I knew of less fat people at my college. For a couple years, I'd see two on campus, and I remembered them because they were the out-of-place fat chicks. Every once in a while my friends and I would make a trip to Wal-Mart to stock up on something and it was a shock.

As for biking/driving, the American city was designed around the car and grew hand-in-hand with it, and modern conveniences are designed to ensure that nobody has to get any more exercise than they absolutely must, so people have to find time to exercise or pay for it in pounds. Not to mention the modern food thing.

Sin Studly
04-10-2007, 10:55 AM
Samoan nations are the fattest by a long shot.

Fatness in places like Nauru and the Samoas is all a result of genetic disorders caused by inbreeding, which naturally happens from time to time on relatively small remote islands.

No they're not. Have you ever eaten Samoan food? Mutton flaps. Suckling pig. Suckling pig stuffed with mutton flaps. You can taste the palpitations.

edit ; I think Fiji just banned mutton flaps because so many people were getting so fat they exploded or something.

H1T_That
04-10-2007, 11:05 AM
Samoan nations are the fattest by a long shot.

No they're not. Have you ever eaten Samoan food? Mutton flaps. Suckling pig. Suckling pig stuffed with mutton flaps. You can taste the palpitations.

edit ; I think Fiji just banned mutton flaps because so many people were getting so fat they exploded or something.

Yeah, i agree. I've never actually tasted Samoan but i saw some once. Damn that shit looks beefy. The dude (non somoan) eating it was full after a few bites.

calichix
04-10-2007, 04:24 PM
Samoans are colossal, and not just fat colossal. They're all 47 feet tall. Somoans should all serve their purpose and become gladiators.

the_offsprings_monkey
04-10-2007, 04:42 PM
I was thinking, is America really the fattest country right now? I would not be suprised if it was. Everywhere I go, people are ether fat or chunky. I feel like I stand out alot here, becuase I only weigh 100 lbs. I think if people are blaming fast food places, then why do they eat there? It's not like we are forcing them to eat a big mac every damn day! Plus, nobody cares about their weight it seems.

I want your guys opinions on this one. I can see that alot of you Offspring fans are everywhere.

You... Only... Just... Caught.... On... To... This?!
But saying that, most people over here are fat nowadays. And companies are also making their food products lower in fat etc etc, just because people are getting fatter! What about the people who don't want to gain some weight!?

Sin Studly
04-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Samoans are colossal, and not just fat colossal. They're all 47 feet tall. Somoans should all serve their purpose and become gladiators.

I dunno where you get this idea, because they're not unusally tall at all.

calichix
04-11-2007, 01:14 PM
I know a huge family of samoans and they're all the hulk. their fingers are the size of thighs.

Sin Studly
04-11-2007, 01:49 PM
And I know a law-abiding family of black people. They don't mug or rape anybody. See where the logic fails?

calichix
04-11-2007, 01:50 PM
I see your point.

edit: the rock is samoan. so is the guy from the fine young cannibals. huge.

Sin Studly
04-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Denzil Washington is black. So is the guy from Pootie Tang.

calichix
04-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Denzel Washington isn't black, he's a darkly pigmented white man with fast-twitch muscle fiber.