PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Myself

Mota Boy
04-08-2007, 01:03 AM
I really, really hate me for doing this. I say this because I secretly like TV. Despite being the only American I know who doesn't have "TV" (I own a TV, it just isn't hooked up to anything more than a DVD player and an XBOX 360 [ironically, I only vote Democrat and only buy American (Ford, Dell, Microsoft)]), I like the concept of TV. I like the concept of paying for shit that's good. I buy good shows on DVD. It keeps the whole business in business. I really hate the idea of putrid little shits making money off of other people's good work.

And yet... I'm giving you this link (http://www.tv-links.co.uk/). I'm giving you the link of some ballless little privateer that managed to find a loophole in the system. I hope he bleeds. I hope he finds himself in a halfway house rooming with rapists and Pirates Bay founders. But until then... hell, now I can finally get around to watching the first season of Are You Afraid of the Dark. (By the way, I totally guessed those two riddles right off the bat)

I hope you little bastards are happy.

ninthlayer
04-08-2007, 01:33 AM
You have got to be fucking kidding me, whoa.

goonadie1day
04-08-2007, 01:51 AM
Im watchin 300... cause i was a fool.... and didnt get to see it while it was here. :D

H1T_That
04-08-2007, 02:27 AM
www.alluc.org

For all your television/movie needs.

Venom Symbiote
04-08-2007, 03:05 AM
Holy...holy shit!

What's the loophole here, may I ask? Seems like blatant copyright-infringement to me. :eek: How the hell can this not be illegal?

Homer
04-08-2007, 03:36 AM
He just links it all to Dailymotion.com. /loophole

the_GoDdEsS
04-08-2007, 03:57 AM
Holy...holy shit!

What's the loophole here, may I ask? Seems like blatant copyright-infringement to me. :eek: How the hell can this not be illegal?

Congratulations on discovering another aspect of the internet.

H1T_That
04-08-2007, 04:40 AM
He just links it all to Dailymotion.com. /loophole

Exactly. As well as the veoh website.

Venom Symbiote
04-08-2007, 04:50 AM
But it's still illegal, right? Like DailyMotion could still remove it within hours or whatever, and the studios take action like Comedy Central/Viacom did with YouTube.

I mean, no shit you can download illegal things on the internet, but that's just it - they're illegal. People do it anyway, sure. I was more questioning why this is any more legal just because it's on DailyMotion.

khaaaaan
04-08-2007, 05:25 AM
http://www.peekvid.com only had SO many episodes of Pokémon. Tv Links has them all:D

Grabbal
04-08-2007, 05:29 AM
http://www.peekvid.com only had SO many episodes of Pokémon. Tv Links has them all:D

But dailyMotion has deleted them all.:(

ZagmenO
04-08-2007, 08:01 AM
That is the greatest thing ever!

Lodat225
04-08-2007, 08:02 AM
old, old.

Grabbal
04-08-2007, 08:54 AM
But it's never been posted before I think.

Eccentric Sara
04-08-2007, 10:15 AM
Um,like other ppl have said,how is this kinda thing not illegal? And could you get prosecuted for downloading/sharing a lot of it or having it on your comp,like you can for illegal mp3s? I don't really download stuff,so I don't know much about this kinda thing! Plz enlighten me!:confused:

mrconeman
04-08-2007, 10:20 AM
It's older than Jesus. But it doesn't stop it being really awesome.

Llamas
04-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Hey mota... search button. ;) http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27155&highlight=online

Also,
(I own a TV, it just isn't hooked up to anything more than a DVD player and an XBOX 360 [ironically, I only vote Democrat and only buy American (Ford, Dell, Microsoft)]
I don't see that as being ironic...

nieh
04-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Despite being the only American I know who doesn't have "TV" (I own a TV, it just isn't hooked up to anything more than a DVD player and an XBOX 360)

If you replaced DVD player and XBOX 360 with PS2, then I'm exactly the same way. I use my TV almost exclusively to watch movies or shows that I have on DVD. I think this (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26777) was the last time I used my TV to actually watch TV.

XYlophonetreeZ
04-08-2007, 12:45 PM
I had just found a bunch of these sites. First I found movie6.net, but that seemed to promptly go out of service. Lately I've been heading to ovguide.com. It's got links to a buttload of sites, but it's rather inconvenient because I never know which will work.

Tizzalicious
04-08-2007, 01:14 PM
I love this.

We only have a TV for our DVD player and SuperNintendo (we're retro like that) too, so yes...very useful.

wheelchairman
04-08-2007, 01:16 PM
I love this.

We only have a TV for our DVD player and SuperNintendo (we're retro like that) too, so yes...very useful.

If only we had a VCR instead :(

Jebus
04-08-2007, 01:59 PM
I've been whoring this site for ages.

oh well...Funny thing is that I discovered these type of link sites around the same time I got satellite which made my TV obsolete. I play games, watch TV shows, and watch dvds using my pc so my TV is only turned on when I feel like watching the discovery channel. I actually prefer the convenience of just streaming specific shows anytime I want over downloading high quality torrents.

Lodat225
04-08-2007, 03:48 PM
Retro ... or poor?

edit: TiVo is better, Jebus.

wheelchairman
04-08-2007, 04:57 PM
How much money do you think two students have?

Llamas
04-08-2007, 05:04 PM
What's poor about having an SNES and a DVD player?

Lodat225
04-08-2007, 06:40 PM
nothing. just an observation. and he said himself that he doesn't have much money.

it was a joke...

Mota Boy
04-08-2007, 07:15 PM
What's the loophole here, may I ask? Seems like blatant copyright-infringement to me... like DailyMotion could still remove it within hours or whatever, and the studios take action like Comedy Central/Viacom did with YouTube.The loophole is that TV-links doesn't host any videos itself. As the name itself says, it only provides links to other sites that host the videos. It'd be like Viacom suing The Offspring for the YouTube links we've posted here. Most of the videos are, apparently, hosted overseas in countries such as China, which makes shutting them down as difficult as tracking them down. This website merely provides you with an index.

Whiplash
04-10-2007, 01:54 AM
wow.........thats all

Vera
04-10-2007, 02:27 AM
Are You Afraid of the Dark is fucking kickass. Nostalgia trippin' whoooahhh.

But I am using that place to watch Entourage S3 (hasn't aired in Finland yet and AFAIK, not out on DVD either).

Venom Symbiote
04-10-2007, 02:56 PM
The loophole is that TV-links doesn't host any videos itself. As the name itself says, it only provides links to other sites that host the videos. It'd be like Viacom suing The Offspring for the YouTube links we've posted here. Most of the videos are, apparently, hosted overseas in countries such as China, which makes shutting them down as difficult as tracking them down. This website merely provides you with an index.

Ah, ok. Right. Thanks for clearing that up.

Llamas
04-15-2007, 10:01 AM
Hi,

Does anyone here like the show Tru Calling? And if so, do you know where I can watch all the episodes after episode 13? I found the first 13 episodes on veoh, and I checked the link mota first posted. Does anyone know where I can watch it? I need it!!!! Thanks! :)

killer_queen
04-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Those guys are really ugly. I can't understand why you love that show.

Llamas
04-15-2007, 11:23 AM
Those guys are really ugly. I can't understand why you love that show.

You can die. :) Luc is hot (I didn't show you him.) http://dtcgalerie.free.fr/galleries/Divers/Matthew_Bomer/MBR_tc02.jpg
Ugly my ass.

And I don't know why you like political movies. None of the guys in them are ever good looking. :P