PDA

View Full Version : Have Anyone Ever Hear the Song Cocktail?

NIX-on-the-MAN
12-29-2004, 10:53 PM
Aparently its one the Ixnay-on-the-Hombre LP. If this is a real tack that was only released on the LP, I'm buying it.

GreenTerror
12-29-2004, 11:48 PM
I've never heard of it before. Sounds cool though.

Satanic_Surfer
12-29-2004, 11:49 PM
HAHAHA... yeah i've heard it!
It's not a TRACK, you fool!
You can download it anywhere and it's just a voice telling you how to make a molotov cocktail (for all you UN-revolutionaries who didnt know that already).

The Offspring caught inspiration from that and made a song about it, that song is track number 45 on Short Music For Short People, buy that record instead!
The song is like half a minute and is called "Hand Grenades".

Kitten
12-29-2004, 11:53 PM
SS, don't be such a bastard about it, they obviously didn't know.
It's Calvert DeForest describing how to make a molotov, and it can be downloaded off the internet for those of you without a record player.
Hand Grenades is also a great little track and is available on cd, along with other punk bands doing 30 second songs. Great buy.

Satanic_Surfer
12-29-2004, 11:57 PM
Well what kind of Offspring fans would buy a record for that when it's in reach anywhere on internet, you can find the SMFSP cd from DC++ anyways and if not, just contact me and i'll seed you a copy through The Pirate bay or something.... overclass kids spending money everywhere...

JohnnyNemesis
12-30-2004, 12:40 AM
(for all you UN-revolutionaries who didnt know that already).

Ha! That was pathetic. We're not worthy!!!!!!

Anyway, yeah, it's just a voice (an annoying one at that) giving you instructions.

SMFSP is an awesome CD...check out the songs from The Queers, Lunachicks, Pennywise, Jughead's Revenge (now known as Jugg's Revenge), and The Criminals.

Manic subsidal
12-30-2004, 05:49 PM
I kind of got disappointed when I heard cocktail. I thought it was going to be a real song but nah...

Layna
12-30-2004, 08:11 PM
Fuck yeahhh., but dont know, I like a little bit. :( its not a bad song.

leo3375
12-30-2004, 08:25 PM
It's not a song per se, but it's Calvert DeForest (alias Larry "Bud" Melman) telling you, the listener, how to make a Molotov Cocktail.

Dexter has some sort of obsession with Larry "Bud." There's a photo of the two of them floating around on the Web somewhere…

CreaturesInside
01-04-2005, 02:28 AM
I have the record :)

GO RECORD COLLECTING GEEKS!!!

I have Ixnay and Conspiracy of 1 on vinyl. I'm gonna get the other ones soon.

I also have AFI: Answer That, Black Sails, Art of Drowning, AFI ep, Open Your Mouth.... all with vinyl only tracks! hehe. I happen to think vinyl rocks.

I also have Green Day warning on vinyl... sounds great on there.

And a bunch more like The Cure, The Clash, Bad Religion, Bowie, Sabbath, and a bunch more.

NIX-on-the-MAN
01-05-2005, 08:37 AM
Thats cool, my parents have a record player.

Subsidal
01-05-2005, 05:11 PM
I've heard it, but it's not really a song