PDA

View Full Version : re: photo album: How big is your inch?

JoY
04-10-2007, 06:37 AM
I know. I just said that I dated mine.

And my version was really short, lol.

short, as in.. short? nooess, mine was tall. I like my boytoys tall.

Llamas
04-10-2007, 06:53 AM
Yes, he was short. I'm not really pick about height. I used to prefer my men 6' tall, but then I realized that really short or really tall is hot, too. But I'm so short, that short guys are still a few inches taller than I, haha.

JoY
04-10-2007, 06:57 AM
I don't know what the hell it is, I'm just a sucker for tall guys. not all of them, but the hot &/or charming ones. I'm relatively short, too. maybe I just love the way guys have to bend down to get ahold of me.

Edit: did you shag your version of RickyCrack?

Whiplash
04-10-2007, 07:04 AM
How tall are you anyway? You're not one of those uber short girls are you?

JoY
04-10-2007, 07:07 AM
I'm relatively small = I'm small for Dutch standards. I'm not that tiny, really.
I just converted it online: 167 centimeter = 5.479 002 625 feet

Whiplash
04-10-2007, 07:09 AM
muahaha i'm taller then you;p, but i'm short for dutch standarts. just 1.77m thats about 5'.9''

Llamas
04-10-2007, 07:15 AM
I'm relatively small = I'm small for Dutch standards. I'm not that tiny, really.
I just converted it online: 167 centimeter = 5.479 002 625 feet

You're like a centimeter taller than I am. :P

Never mind. I just realized that you're 5.479 feet... not 5 feet 4 inches. In that case you're like 4 cm taller than I. :(

JoY
04-10-2007, 07:17 AM
Whiplash; I'd say thank GOD that you're taller than I am. duuude. tiny chicks cute, but tiny guys.. well stop, there is a certain cuteness factor to that, but they'd have to be hot & charming aswell.

my boyfriend is close to being 6.4 feet. \m/ AWESOME \m/

Bri; we're lyke, length-buddies!!<3
Edit: oh fuck.

Llamas
04-10-2007, 07:18 AM
Whiplash; I'd say thank GOD that you're taller than I am. duuude. tiny chicks cute, but tiny guys.. well stop, there is a certain cuteness factor to that, but they'd have to be hot & charming aswell.

Bri; we're lyke, length-buddies!!<3

6'4" is awesome. :)

and read my edit. :(

JoY
04-10-2007, 07:21 AM
so.. I'm like.. 5'6 in your world?
that's a difference of about 4 cm indeed. boo.:(

why, in your world, is my boyfriend close to 6.4 feet & 6 feet + a little over 4 inches & does it make such a huge difference in my case? it's just not fair.

Whiplash
04-10-2007, 07:21 AM
No girl ever complained about my height, They ussually complain about something else. *looks down and sighs*.

But seriously, i don't mind beeing short. Tall guy's get backproblems waaaaay faster then shorter guy's. There are some really tall guy's at my gym( i'm talking about taller then 2 meters) And there ussually really really skinny, if i pat those guy's on the back they'll break off at there ankels.;p

JoY
04-10-2007, 07:24 AM
I like my tall man with occasional back aches & knee/ankle problems. & he used to be skinny, but he's skinny no longer! thank youuu, beer.

JoY
04-10-2007, 07:29 AM
gives me an excuse to massage him. or gives him an excuse to make me massage him. probably the second one. I think you've seen a picture of him before. if you haven't, I'll PM it to you, or something.

PS. you never answered the question if you ever shagged your version of RC.

Sinister
04-10-2007, 07:31 AM
At some point I hated being short, because it meant being picked on an awful lot. Good thing people my age no longer see picking on midgets as fun. Oh, and at least a few years back my eye level was very interesting.

Llamas
04-10-2007, 07:31 AM
I don't remember. PMmmMMMMm.

H1T_That
04-10-2007, 10:02 AM
I am rather short. 5ft 5 ish.

No girl ever complained about my height, They ussually complain about something else. *looks down and sighs*.

lolz.

HeadAroundU
04-10-2007, 11:16 AM
He is almost 6'5", 195 cm. Whoa, taller than me, I'm 6'3", 191 cm.

I'm sick of retarded American measure system. Why do you, crazy people, need two units? :p

Llamas
04-10-2007, 11:22 AM

I'm sick of retarded American measure system. Why do you, crazy people, need two units? :p

It's the same as using cm and m. :P We could just say he's 77 inches and it'd be the same.

JoY
04-10-2007, 12:09 PM
it's not the same, babe. 1m = 100cm = a whole lot more logical.

Llamas
04-10-2007, 12:13 PM
Perhaps but:
a centimeter is no more logical than an inch, and a meter is no more logical than a foot or a yard.
he asked why we have two measurements... I wasn't arguing that 36 inches = 1 yard is as simple as 100 cm = 1 meter.

Great Mike
04-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Perhaps but:
a centimeter is no more logical than an inch, and a meter is no more logical than a foot or a yard.
he asked why we have two measurements... I wasn't arguing that 36 inches = 1 yard is as simple as 100 cm = 1 meter.

Not quite... And we have other wonderful things as 1liter of water=1kg:D

HeadAroundU
04-10-2007, 12:33 PM
It's the same as using cm and m. :P We could just say he's 77 inches and it'd be the same.
No it's not. You are just moving the decimal point. :p

It's almost the same like
kilo, mega, giga, tera, peta, exa
or
mili, micro, nano, pico, fempto, atto.

But instead of it is <---...milimeter, centimeter, decimeter, meter, kilometer...---> . Centimeter and decimeter are added so it's more sensitive. You are just moving the decimal point of one place around them.
Unlike above, for example, between kilo and mega it's 3 places. (btw, from milimeter to meter it's "3 places")
*I guess you know it, I'm just saying for nOObz*
:p

Nina
04-10-2007, 02:21 PM

My bf is 196cm! And he has a friend who is 210cm (yeah, I know). But he's an asshole so whatever.

And I agree with you.

All About Eve
04-10-2007, 03:27 PM
If your boyfriend is an asshole then why date him?

mrconeman
04-10-2007, 03:30 PM
lawl she meant his friend.

All About Eve
04-10-2007, 03:35 PM
Either way she should still dump him.

/subliminal

Llamas
04-10-2007, 03:43 PM
I stopped replying to this stuff cause I didn't wanna clog up the photo album anymore. Thanks to (I assume) Ragdoll for moving it. :)

Yeah, I understand the metric system. :P I personally think both systems are good for different things. I'm as "fluent" in the metric system as standard because I used to study biology, and scientists always deal in metric units. I'm just really bad at converting between the two, because I never had to do that until I came to Austria. I wasn't trying to argue that the standard system is better than the metric system... I was just trying to explain why there are two units to describe height.

Mota Boy
04-10-2007, 04:59 PM

I'm sick of retarded American measure system. Why do you, crazy people, need two units?I think we should start simplifying it by saying "sixty-three inches" instead of "six-foot-three", and just all operate under the knowledge that inches use a base-twelve counting system.

All About Eve
04-10-2007, 05:05 PM
I think we should start simplifying it by saying "sixty-three inches" instead of "six-foot-three", and just all operate under the knowledge that inches use a base-twelve counting system.
Sixty-three inches is 5'3, you know. You've already proved a point against your system.

HeadAroundU
04-10-2007, 05:06 PM
I wasn't trying to argue that the standard system is better than the metric system... I was just trying to explain why there are two units to describe height.
So why is it better? Wiki says, "All units are defined in terms of SI base units, but at ratios inconvenient for conversion."

"U.S. customary units, commonly known in the United States as English units (but see English unit) or standard units."

Call it "retarded U.S. customary units" or "retarded English units", please. :p

"Three tru punx countries use non-metric measurement systems; Liberia, Myanmar, and the United States." :p

"The International System of Units (abbreviated SI from the French Syst&#232;me international d'unit&#233;s) is the modern form of the metric system. It is the world's most widely used system of units, both in everyday commerce and in science."

Stop being tru punx and join in.

Llamas
04-10-2007, 05:14 PM
So why is it better?
I DIDN'T SAY IT'S BETTER!!!

Wiki says, "All units are defined in terms of SI base units, but at ratios inconvenient for conversion."

"U.S. customary units, commonly known in the United States as English units (but see English unit) or standard units."
Honestly, when you grow up with it, converting things within the STANDARD (hehe) system is really easy. I know how to easily convert things within the system.

Stop being tru punx and join in.

DUDE.

Yeah, I understand the metric system. :P I personally think both systems are good for different things. I'm as "fluent" in the metric system as standard because I used to study biology, and scientists always deal in metric units. I'm just really bad at converting between the two, because I never had to do that until I came to Austria. I wasn't trying to argue that the standard system is better than the metric system... I was just trying to explain why there are two units to describe height.

HeadAroundU
04-10-2007, 05:29 PM
I think we should start simplifying it by saying "sixty-three inches" instead of "six-foot-three", and just all operate under the knowledge that inches use a base-twelve counting system.
yeah, it would fix this problem, when Bella says 6.4, god knows what she means. 6'4" or correctly 6.4'. But I don't like your idea because it's a simple lying, 63" is not 6'3" and that's not acceptable. Maybe, it should have been like this since ever. It's not a good idea for the future. Lying, lying, lying, you proud American motherfucker. :p

It doesn't fix the problem that is an inconvenient conversion.

Mota Boy
04-10-2007, 05:30 PM
Sixty-three inches is 5'3, you know. You've already proved a point against your system.No, as I mentioned, inches operate under a base twelve system. In case you haven't heard of base x counting, this (http://www.ncsu.edu/felder-public/kenny/papers/bases.html) explains the more common base eight.

HeadAroundU
04-10-2007, 05:38 PM
I DIDN'T SAY IT'S BETTER!!!

Honestly, when you grow up with it, converting things within the STANDARD (hehe) system is really easy. I know how to easily convert things within the system.

DUDE.
Whoops, my bad, I misread "wasn't".

I believe that it's easy and good for you. It's not good for me and most of the world.

What?, I mean that USA are tru punx. Not you.

Sin Studly
04-10-2007, 05:39 PM
That's even worse. It introduces two bases of counting. Why don't you just give in and accept metric already?

JohnnyNemesis
04-10-2007, 05:41 PM
The title of this thread sorta reminds me of "How much does you pile of nails weight?"

But yeah, I'd be cool with the metric system, but when I say that people call me a commie.

Llamas
04-10-2007, 05:44 PM
That's even worse. It introduces two bases of counting. Why don't you just give in and accept metric already?

Who says I haven't accepted metric? I use both.

The title of this thread sorta reminds me of "How much does you pile of nails weight?"

But yeah, I'd be cool with the metric system, but when I say that people call me a commie.

I think most of the US would be cool with the metric system. They're teaching it in all schools now, since I was growing up. They need to make sure everyone knows how to use the system before they change it. I think they'll change it over in 50 years or so.

Sin Studly
04-10-2007, 05:47 PM
Quit being pussies. Australia introduced it without any preparations or warning whatsoever, the same time we got rid of shillings and thruppences, and that worked out just fine for everyone, except all the people who died because they thought the speed limit got changed to 120m/ph.

Llamas
04-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Yeah but America's too good for your damn conformity, bitches. (and obviously teaching it in schools is not conforming in any way)

Honestly, I see no problem with not changing it as long as Americans know how to use both systems.

HeadAroundU
04-10-2007, 05:53 PM
Who says I haven't accepted metric? I use both.

I think most of the US would be cool with the metric system. They're teaching it in all schools now, since I was growing up. They need to make sure everyone knows how to use the system before they change it. I think they'll change it over in 50 years or so.
llllllllllamas! USA! not you. Is it so difficult to figure out what he means?

Fuck that, 50 years!? I want to see NHL hockey players' body parameters in metric system in this life.

sKratch
04-10-2007, 06:45 PM
and that worked out just fine for everyone, except all the people who died because they thought the speed limit got changed to 120m/ph.

i lol'd

I have a fairly decent handle on centigrade in terms of what's hot, what's warm, and what's cold etc. I also have a good handle on kg because it's a very easy conversion. However, I'm not too keen on km/h because I haven't used it as a measure of speed really at all. I'm sure I'd catch on alright if I were immersed in it though.

wheelchairman
04-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Why should America change? The only people it bothers is you foreigners.

Paint_It_Black
04-10-2007, 06:49 PM
I grew up being taught the metric system in school but more commonly using imperial in real life. Now that was a bit complicated, not to mention fucking stupid.

We'd be taught to measure speed in kph, but all our road signs were in mph. We'd be taught to measure our weight in kilograms but in real life we'd use stones. We'd be taught to measure our height in centimeters but in real life we'd use feet and inches.

And I remember when they made it illegal for shopkeepers to price things using the imperial system. Many were fined for refusing to go metric. Oh, and most customers suddenly had no idea if they were being ripped off, because they'd never had to deal with metric before.

It was lunacy.

Edit: Many kids I knew believed water froze at 0 degrees and boiled at 100, but they also thought that 70 degrees was a pleasant room temperature. Yay for multiple systems.

HeadAroundU
04-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Quit being pussies. Australia introduced it without any preparations or warning whatsoever, the same time we got rid of shillings and thruppences, and that worked out just fine for everyone, except all the people who died because they thought the speed limit got changed to 120m/ph.
hahaha, they are dead.

They had old cars with miles/ph tachometers. So when they saw traffic sign, for example, 120 km/ph , they where going 120 miles/ph which is I don't know, llllamas, convert it. :) 193 km/ph?

amiright Justin? or is it in a different way?

Honestly, I see no problem with not changing it as long as Americans know how to use both systems.
How is that you don't see any problem when you have admitted that you have a problem with converting it from one system to another? And I think that you are a smart girl. Now I imagine 250 000 000 million Americans with " :confused: " faces watching at the expression 191cm written on my forehead.

United system fixes every problem. Maybe it will kill some Americans but that doesn't matter. If they can be dying in Iraq, why not because of metric system? :p

sKratch
04-10-2007, 06:56 PM
The metric system makes way more sense and I would fully support the US changing over to it.

Llamas
04-10-2007, 06:58 PM
hahaha, they are dead.

They had old cars with miles/ph tachometers. So when they saw traffic sign, for example, 120 km/ph , they where going 120 miles/ph which is I don't know, llllamas, convert it. :) 193 km/ph?

grr, you guys... it's miles/h and km/h. Pet peeve! the "/" is the same as "per" or "p". !!!! haha.

How is that you don't see any problem when you have admitted that you have a problem with converting it from one system to another? And I think that you are a smart girl. Now I imagine 250 000 000 million Americans with " :confused: " faces watching at the expression 191cm written on my forehead.
Because I NEVER had to convert between systems until I left the US. And most Americans don't leave the US long enough for it to matter. You just use your phone to convert stuff you need to.

EDIT: I don't care if the US changes or not. As long as everyone knows how to use the metric system, then it's no big deal to change. But I don't care one way or the other.

All About Eve
04-10-2007, 07:06 PM
No, as I mentioned, inches operate under a base twelve system. In case you haven't heard of base x counting, this (http://www.ncsu.edu/felder-public/kenny/papers/bases.html) explains the more common base eight.
Doesn't matter, lots of people would still mess up that way.

HeadAroundU
04-10-2007, 07:08 PM
I also have a good handle on kg because it's a very easy conversion.
yeah and I wonder why don't you have a 2 units there too.

My weight would be 200 lb and 25 hau.

HeadAroundU
04-10-2007, 07:14 PM
grr, you guys... it's miles/h and km/h. Pet peeve! the "/" is the same as "per" or "p". !!!! haha.

Because I NEVER had to convert between systems until I left the US. And most Americans don't leave the US long enough for it to matter. You just use your phone to convert stuff you need to.

You are right.

That's ignorant. I hope that American life will be dependent on the metric system one day. :p

sKratch
04-10-2007, 07:25 PM
yeah and I wonder why don't you have a 2 units there too.

My weight would be 200 lb and 25 hau.

Well if you wanted to you could give weight in stones and pounds... A stone is 14 pounds, who comes up with this shit?

Llamas
04-10-2007, 07:37 PM
That's ignorant. I hope that American life will be dependent on the metric system one day. :p

How is it ignorant to say that it doesn't matter whether the US uses metric or standard as primary, as long as they know how to use both? It's not a big deal to be able to convert between the two.

Sin Studly
04-10-2007, 08:10 PM
hahaha, they are dead.

amiright Justin? or is it in a different way?

u r so rite

JohnnyNemesis
04-10-2007, 09:50 PM
How is it ignorant to say that it doesn't matter whether the US uses metric or standard as primary, as long as they know how to use both? It's not a big deal to be able to convert between the two.

Because it makes no sense to use two. What would be the point of having two?

Mota Boy
04-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Because it makes no sense to use two. What would be the point of having two?America is already a bilingual country. Now you libs want us to be binumeral too!?

Tizzalicious
04-10-2007, 11:07 PM
I am really confused with the whole Stones thing. Our scales have kg on it, and then another number, which at it's highest (which is 120 kg) says: 19 Stone x2 Lbs. WTF? Does anyone have any idea what that means?

Nina
04-11-2007, 12:02 AM
6'4" or correctly 6.4'.

Aahh I'm so stupid, I never even consindered that it can be written in these two ways. duuhh.

I can now give my exact height. 5.4' (though that's 1cm too tall again I think).

yayz for that?

Paint_It_Black
04-11-2007, 01:46 AM
5.4' is not the same as 5'4", because 5.4 feet is not the same as 5 feet and four inches. Remember, there are 12 inches in a foot and not 10.

Nina
04-11-2007, 02:37 AM
I understoooood that!
I converted it. I'm about five point four feet. 164cm. No?
ok now you made me all confused :[

JoY
04-11-2007, 02:57 AM
hahahaha, I like HAU.

12 inches in a foot, that much I understood. it's still taking a detour in measurements, compared to the metric system. moving the comma = simple & instantly clear. except when you place it wrong, but then you're stupido.

but dude, you count with FEET. stop saying it's standard, it might be standard over there, but you.. measure.. with.. FEET. you might aswell measure with penises, except feet don't suddenly become longer by getting erect. 6.16 inches = 1 penis. wtf.

Whiplash
04-11-2007, 03:06 AM
At first i thought the thread was called how big is your dick.....Thats another good reason to use the european metric system. It makes it sound like more.....catch my drift? :P

Vera
04-11-2007, 03:35 AM
Old measures for the fail.

Especially the Finnish ones: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_unit

I mean, "syli" (lit. lap, as the one you can sit on)??

But you know, at least we stopped using those.

Llamas
04-11-2007, 05:30 AM
Well I think there are plus sides to both systems. There are certain measurements I like more about each (converting between units is easier in metric, yes), and I like/hate both equally. Personally, I use both a lot, and I like having two options. And to be honest, it would be the BEST if the whole damn world would just accept and start using the SI, because even the metric system is kinda retarded sometimes.

I am really confused with the whole Stones thing. Our scales have kg on it, and then another number, which at it's highest (which is 120 kg) says: 19 Stone x2 Lbs. WTF? Does anyone have any idea what that means?
No, not really. :P 14 pounds in a stone, I think? Nobody uses that, though!

hahahaha, I like HAU.

12 inches in a foot, that much I understood. it's still taking a detour in meassurements, compared to the metric system. moving the comma = simple & instantly clear. except when you place it wrong, but then you're stupido.

but dude, you count with FEET. stop saying it's standard, it might be standard over there, but you.. meassure.. with.. FEET. you might aswell meassure with penises, except feet don't suddenly become longer by getting erect. 6.16 inches = 1 penis. wtf.
Dude... man... I don't mean it's the "standard" system... it's just the NAME of it. Now people are trying to be more politically correct and calling it the Imperial system. I was raised for my whole life calling it the standard system because that's what we call it. It's right to me, and it doesn't mean that I think it is a standard way of measuring things.

JoY
04-11-2007, 05:58 AM
pumpkin, I was just teasing you.

first it takes you EIGHT fucking years for people to EVER take you seriously, then they suddenly start taking you too seriously non-stop. ;p

Llamas
04-11-2007, 06:08 AM
pumpkin, I was just teasing you.

first it takes you EIGHT fucking years for people to EVER take you seriously, then they suddenly start taking you too seriously non-stop. ;p

haha. I still <3 you. I think I took everything personally in this thread! Wtf is up with me??

JoY
04-11-2007, 06:38 AM
I bet it's a disorder. ;p

Vera
04-11-2007, 07:07 AM
I love you all for the amount of two leiviskäs.

JoY
04-11-2007, 07:44 AM
is that Finnish for penis? :o :confused: :(

Tizzalicious
04-11-2007, 07:45 AM
14 pounds in a stone, I think? Nobody uses that, though!

They do in England!

Vera
04-11-2007, 07:55 AM
is that Finnish for penis? :o :confused: :(

Er. No, it's not.

JohnnyNemesis
04-11-2007, 08:08 AM
Speaking of penis and inches, mine is 5.5[/bd007h]

JoY
04-11-2007, 08:11 AM

it's good of you to add that last bit, or I would've been confused.

JohnnyNemesis
04-11-2007, 08:12 AM
Yeah, mine is only 3 inches :(

Sin Studly
04-11-2007, 08:18 AM
If you used metric you coulda said it was a whopping 7.5cm.

sKratch
04-11-2007, 08:20 AM
75 mm! Now that's big.

Whiplash
04-11-2007, 08:24 AM

13.97 cm damn that's inpressive man.:P

JohnnyNemesis
04-11-2007, 08:29 AM
If you used metric you coulda said it was a whopping 7.5cm.

The word "whopping" already makes it sound bigger than it is!

Llamas
04-11-2007, 09:17 AM
it's good of you to add that last bit, or I would've been confused.

Without the last bit, I would've assumed he was measuring in meters.

Vera
04-11-2007, 12:00 PM
I measure my cock (and Iza's) in feet, not inches.

Sin Studly
04-11-2007, 12:09 PM
I measure my cock (and Iza's) in feet, not inches.

But I measure my mangina in inches, not feet. :(:(:(

HeadAroundU
04-11-2007, 12:20 PM

I'm just really bad at converting between the two.
hmmm...

I undestand you, but you somehow don't want to understand me. I admit that I have slightly been teasing you but it's all about the simple thing, you (you and almost every American) have a hard time to convert my height. Non-Americans yours. United system solves everything.

Here I'm baby.

120 kg --> calculator --> 264.554 lb (lb=libra=pound)
1 stone = 14 lb
264.554 / 14 = 18.896 stones which is almost 19 stones.

I'm not sure about "x2 Lb" isn't it "+2 Lb" ??? or maybe it's a tolerance (mistake, error) +/- 2 libras. Yeah that's it. Because 120 kg isn't exactly 19 stones.

( 2 lb = 0.1428 stones ---> 18.896 + 0.1428 = 19.03 and it's in tolerance )

Aahh I'm so stupid, I never even consindered that it can be written in these two ways. duuhh.

I can now give my exact height. 5.4' (though that's 1cm too tall again I think).

yayz for that?

I understoooood that!
I converted it. I'm about five point four feet. 164cm. No?
ok now you made me all confused :[
awww

ok, as uncle Pib said, it's not the same, not equal. However, you can express your height just with foots (without inches).
164 cm --> calculator --> 5.380577428' (foots)
but that's just a half-job. [Bella was lazy, she didn't bother with inches, but god knows what's the truth :p]
Now, you need to convert 0.380577428' into inches!
How? 0.380577428' back to "meters" ---> calculator ---> 0.116 m
0.116 m ---> calculator ---> 4.5669 " (inches)

Ta daaaaa!!! 164 cm = 5' 4.5" which we can round yo 5' 5". Hey, I made you taller. :p

At least, that's how I'm doing it. I have 4 conversions in my calculator.
in->cm
cm->in
ft->m
m->ft

Ha, I have found easier way,
1 foot = 30.48 cm
164 cm / 30.48 cm = 5.380577428' (foots)
1 foot = 12 inches
0.380577428' x 12 = 4.5669" (inches)

hahahaha, I like HAU.

but dude, you count with FEET. stop saying it's standard, it might be standard over there, but you.. measure.. with.. FEET. you might aswell measure with penises, except feet don't suddenly become longer by getting erect. 6.16 inches = 1 penis. wtf.
I "love" you too. :p

Awesome! Torture them!

Talking about penises.....I'm a proud owner of 0'7.0866" long penis. Convert it, if you can.....

Paint_It_Black
04-11-2007, 12:40 PM
14 pounds in a stone, I think? Nobody uses that, though!

The English do.

Now people are trying to be more politically correct and calling it the Imperial system.

Imperial is what the English call it. I would find it amusing if that's becoming the PC thing to call it in America.

Llamas
04-11-2007, 12:53 PM
The English do.

Imperial is what the English call it. I would find it amusing if that's becoming the PC thing to call it in America.

I shouldn't have said that's what's happening. I've just heard it called "imperial" more in the past years, and I sort of assumed. When I was growing up, everyone said "standard".

Paint_It_Black
04-11-2007, 01:00 PM
There's an inherent problem with calling anything "standard".

I've noticed that in America you call cars with manual gears "standard" and yet cars with automatic gears actually appear to be the norm.

Llamas
04-11-2007, 01:08 PM
There's an inherent problem with calling anything "standard".

I've noticed that in America you call cars with manual gears "standard" and yet cars with automatic gears actually appear to be the norm.

Really? I've never heard that before. People don't say that in MN or WI. But it's not really logical to call most things standard.

Paint_It_Black
04-11-2007, 01:23 PM
It's logical to call something that is very common the standard, but it is not logical to simply name it "standard". For example, it is logical in the US to call the Imperial system the standard because it is most commonly used. It is not logical to simply name it "standard" because standards change.

Edit: What do they call it in MN and WI? Stick shift? Manual?

Edit2: I wasn't implying you didn't know, just being clear.

Llamas
04-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Yes, I know. :P

JohnnyNemesis
04-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Let's talk about everyone's favorite topic some more: my penis. It's either shockingly small or large, solve the mystery!

Llamas
04-11-2007, 01:35 PM
I think it's standard.

killer_queen
04-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Believe it or no but every time someone talks about having a huge penis it just reminds me of you Rick. I really have no idea why and I rarely remember my internet friends in real life bu it just happens.

JohnnyNemesis
04-11-2007, 01:38 PM
I think it's standard.

I lol'd. <3

Believe it or no but every time someone talks about having a huge penis it just reminds me of you Rick. I really have no idea why and I rarely remember my internet friends in real life bu it just happens.

I find this hilarious! Who do you think of when it comes to small ones?

HeadAroundU
04-11-2007, 01:44 PM
And to be honest, it would be the BEST if the whole damn world would just accept and start using the SI, because even the metric system is kinda retarded sometimes.
In case you don't know:

The metric system is a decimalised system of measurement.

The International System of Units (SI) is the modern form of the metric system.

Since the 1960s the International System of Units (SI) has been the internationally recognised standard metric system. Metric units of mass, length, and electricity are widely used around the world for both everyday and scientific purposes.

The system is used in almost every country in the world. The main exception is the United States of America, which still uses many old units.
Well, the whole damn world is using SI (modern form of the metric system) except USA, Liberia and Myanmar.

killer_queen
04-11-2007, 01:44 PM
I don't know. My friends never talk about having a small penis. But when I just read your post somehow Justin came to my mind.

Llamas
04-11-2007, 01:53 PM
HAU, the SI system uses Kelvins, which are vastly superior to Celcius. It also uses moles to measure amounts, not liters. You can't trick me into thinking that it's common to use moles and Kelvins, because it's not! Both are superior to the metric system.

HeadAroundU
04-11-2007, 02:30 PM
We are not using Kelvins and Moles, only in school. I have to check how is it with those two, I guess they are not very practical for every day life, only for the science. At least, there is a simple conversion.

Llamas
04-11-2007, 02:33 PM
I think Kelvin is far better than Celcius... I even think Fahrenheit is better than Celcius.

Sin Studly
04-12-2007, 01:46 AM
I don't know. My friends never talk about having a small penis. But when I just read your post somehow Justin came to my mind.

It's so tiny it can wear a thimble as a codpiece.

Not Ozymandias
04-15-2007, 06:59 AM

To make Europeans feel like they're still relevant.

HeadAroundU
04-15-2007, 07:43 AM
Ha Ha, ozymandias, Ha Ha. :rolleyes:

You people should ged rid of foots at least and express the height just with inches.

JoY
04-16-2007, 03:05 AM
It's logical to call something that is very common the standard, but it is not logical to simply name it "standard". For example, it is logical in the US to call the Imperial system the standard because it is most commonly used. It is not logical to simply name it "standard" because standards change.

that's EXACTLY what I was trying to say earlier in this topic. <3

Let's talk about everyone's favorite topic some more: my penis. It's either shockingly small or large, solve the mystery!

I think it's standard.

ohhhh, VERY well played.