PDA

View Full Version : Woman as explained by engineers

EMehl6
04-11-2007, 03:48 PM
I know the last time I posted something like this, not many people found it funny, but I think this will appeal to a lot more.

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4791/document1cv9.gif

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/6104/document2bx4.gif

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/4964/document3hh0.gif

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/1872/document4wv1.gif

The woman are the root of all evil/problems one was on here too, but since you can only post 4 images at a time and pretty much everyone's seen it, I decided not to include it.

Llamas
04-11-2007, 03:58 PM
The only funny one was the third one. The first one was really poorly written. Good idea, but could've been done much better. And 2 and 4 were just stupid.

wheelchairman
04-11-2007, 04:01 PM
I thought the "virgin material to common ore" was great.

HeadAroundU
04-11-2007, 04:10 PM
I like "reacts well to golg, platinum and all precious stones" from the first one. I like 2nd very much. 3rd is just ok, nothing really special. 4th meh.

Llamas
04-11-2007, 04:11 PM
That was funny. I think it should have been written more scientifically. Most of those things were not worded in a way a scientist would ever say. Things like:

"Reacts well *with* gold..."
"The most powerful reducing agent known to man, especially when interacting with money"
Things like "can be" make it sound stupid.
"Placed alongside" is stupid. Why would you ever place an element alongside another?
"Possession of more than one" is also stupid. Elements are considered to be non-count. You don't have two elements. You have a certain mass of material.

Yes, I'm being overly critical... but if you're going to attempt to make a scientific sign about it, do it well.

wheelchairman
04-11-2007, 04:13 PM
That was funny. I think it should have been written more scientifically. Most of those things were not worded in a way a scientist would ever say. Things like:

"The most powerful reducing agent known to man, especially when interacting with money"
"Placed alongside" is stupid. Why would you ever place an element alongside another?
"Possession of more than one" is also stupid. Elements are considered to be non-count. You don't have two elements. You have a certain mass of material.

Yes, I'm being overly critical... but if you're going to attempt to make a scientific sign about it, do it well.
Yeah you are being overly critical. They're jokes, you just don't want them to be funny...

EMehl6
04-11-2007, 04:15 PM
I think they wanted everyone to be able to understand it, including stupid people. And yes, you are being overly critical. Loosen up a bit.

HeadAroundU
04-11-2007, 04:15 PM
yeah and then send it to llamas if it's good enough. :D

WebDudette
04-11-2007, 04:16 PM
First and second I found funny. The last two I have seen dozens of times and haven't liked them since I was 14.

Llamas
04-11-2007, 04:20 PM
I don't want to find them funny? I liked the third one. I also found the girls = root of all evil thing funny the first time I saw it.

wheelchairman
04-11-2007, 04:24 PM
I don't want to find them funny? I liked the third one. I also found the girls = root of all evil thing funny the first time I saw it.
No it's that your idea of "science" humor, would be funny to a much smaller group of people than the one up there is now.

Llamas
04-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Touchee. I just was thrown off by the title, I guess. I was like "oooh, engineering jokes!" and was disappointed. :P

T-6005
04-11-2007, 06:02 PM
I enjoy each of those, for the most part.

It's not screamingly funny, but they almost get an inner smile going.

DeAtHsTaR
04-11-2007, 07:33 PM

You really need to get laid. I suggest paying a visit to Mark Bryan.

Llamas
04-11-2007, 07:39 PM
lol @ the truth in the former sentence. :(

ZagmenO
04-11-2007, 08:28 PM
There's always air sex. ;)

sKratch
04-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Yeah you are being overly critical. They're jokes, you just don't want them to be funny...

If someone incorrectly formulates a joke, and the mistake is apparent to me, it won't be as funny to me, period. I'm with llamas on this one. It has nothing to do with "not wanting" to find it funny.

Llamas
04-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the support. :) And of course, I totally agree.

0r4ng3
04-11-2007, 09:49 PM
I know it has very little to do with the actual topic, but the 4th one looks very much like the layout to the mall on Staten Island, and the stores are in the right places. Is that what the picture's of, or are other malls like that?

[/stupid question]

[stupid answer]