PDA

View Full Version : Feature band for next album?

Lord_Gabo
04-12-2007, 03:12 AM
Would you some track played with special guests?
Something like U2 feat. Green day?

If yes which band would you like?

Ehhe choises are strange, really? :)

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
04-12-2007, 04:00 AM
If you're going to have any of them, then AC/DC.

I'd like them to team up with somebody really talented though, because maybe then it will throw something better into the song. *shrugs*

Manic Subsidal Boy
04-12-2007, 04:06 AM
Pennywise Are Shit, Everyone Seems To Think So. Plus they done shit together.

Do you mean Chris Cornell or Audioslave/Soundgarden. Cause if you mean by himself, no.

Sin City didn't work, so Dexter with AC/DC playing would be horrible. Vica-versa would be better.

Rise Against would be okay, I'll go with that.

Maybe someone like.. Jello Biafra, it's been done before and I loved it (Disclaimer) and you'll hate me more for this but NOFX or The Living End would be pretty cool IMO

Lord_Gabo
04-12-2007, 05:59 AM
I'll put Chris Cornell cause i think that Dexter Holland and the ex frontman of Audioslave have two particular and great voices, will be a great mix don't you think?

Stranger With Candy
04-12-2007, 06:27 AM
I'll put Chris Cornell cause i think that Dexter Holland and the ex frontman of Audioslave have two particular and great voices, will be a great mix don't you think?

Not at all. That would have been a horrible mix.

BuddyHolly
04-12-2007, 06:39 AM
I'd say Ignite:p

But out of those I'd think Rise Against would be pretty rad:cool:

Lord_Gabo
04-12-2007, 08:58 AM
..but pennywise are winning for now! :)

ZagmenO
04-12-2007, 09:00 AM
No frikkin' way. Sorry dude. But it should be offspring only!!!

However, I did vote Pennywise!

Marco
04-12-2007, 09:30 AM
AC/DC
I'd love to see Noodles and Angus Young do a solo together.

SaiKYoU
04-12-2007, 09:58 AM
rise against or pennywise would be a good option, since it'll mean a real "punk rock" track...

but AC/Dc is Ac/DC, and will be forever Ac/Dc...

patoff10
04-12-2007, 10:17 AM
There isn't AvA... :p

DexterWannabe
04-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Beyonce...

Llamas
04-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Do you mean Chris Cornell or Audioslave/Soundgarden. Cause if you mean by himself, no.
No offense, but idiot. Soundgarden isn't even a band anymore, and Chris quit Audioslave. The fact that you even mentioned Soundgarden is retarded.

Anyway, it'd be fun if the band collaborated with another act, but NOT a punk act. And no rap like with Red Man. Rap is fine, but I don't want to hear it with the Offspring.

I'd love to hear them do a song with an orchestra (I know it's overdone, but I've always loved it when bands do it). Also cool would be if they collaborated with a ska band like Streetlight, or a jazz act. I also think it'd be really cool if they worked with a female singer, like No Use For a Name has done in the past. I love that shit.

edit: Beyonce has an incredible voice. If she was willing and able to work with the Offspring and sing for their type of music, I'd love to hear that, actually. However, there's no way she'd ever do that.

H1T_That
04-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Streetlight Manifesto. A speedy ska-type song would be pretty damn good.

A female singer would probably work really well too.

Lord_Gabo
04-12-2007, 11:39 AM
uhm beyonce it's a joke! :)
anyway will be great a band or a singer with a particolar and amazing voice

Llamas
04-12-2007, 11:48 AM
uhm beyonce it's a joke! :)
anyway will be great a band or a singer with a particolar and amazing voice

I realized that when Dexterwannabe said it, he was being sarcastic. I was being serious, though.

Venom Symbiote
04-12-2007, 03:55 PM
If you're going to have any of them, then AC/DC.

Fucking fuck you. That would be redundant as all hell.

I'm saying No Doubt. Yes, fucking No Doubt. That would rock. I've always wanted to see Dexter do a kind of cheesy duet with a female singer, and No Doubt seems to be the best choice for that, seeing as their early music shared a few qualities, and both bands are supposedly friendly with each other.

Failing that, bring back Davey for backing vocals, or force him to sing a song penned by Dexter about emos, similar to "Fashion Zombies" by the 'Bats. That'd be tittytacular.

Llamas
04-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Using Gwen Stefani on vocals would be annoying. I'd just feel like I was listening to RBF. Plus, tbh, I don't really care for her voice a whole lot (despite loving Return of Saturn).

darea
04-12-2007, 04:54 PM
I voted AC/DC but only because I didnt know any of the other bands...

I think Mike Ness or the whole social distortion band could be good, because I like the band... I can't think of anyone else...

Kitten
04-12-2007, 05:04 PM
How about writing a song called Chinese Democracy and inviting Axel Rose to sing on it?

Venom Symbiote
04-12-2007, 05:57 PM
You have no idea how much I approve of the last post.

Heh. With actual Chinese people on backing vocals. Rock on.

jacknife737
04-12-2007, 06:19 PM
NoFx or Social Distortion would be cool.

DeAtHsTaR
04-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Using Gwen Stefani on vocals would be annoying. I'd just feel like I was listening to RBF. Plus, tbh, I don't really care for her voice a whole lot (despite loving Return of Saturn).

She never sang on an RBF song. I know what you're talking about, but that wasn't Gwen.

Llamas
04-12-2007, 06:27 PM
She never sang on an RBF song. I know what you're talking about, but that wasn't Gwen.

Really?? Wow, it really sounds exactly like her.

Venom Symbiote
04-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Yay for ignorance. That was Monique Powell, the amazing amazing singer from Save Ferris, also a friend of Matt Wong from the 'Fish. She sang the verse on "She Has A Girlfriend Now".

BustedKnuckles
04-12-2007, 06:33 PM
Why not The Vandals? You know...a band that has at least SOME ties to The Offspring?

Venom Symbiote
04-12-2007, 06:40 PM
No Doubt has ties to The Offspring. Ties to The Vandals, too. ;) :p If you want to be a bitch about things and get technical...

And as for the Holland/Stefani vocal combination with OFFSPRING music, how the FUCK would that sound even remotely similar to RBF, with Barret and Powell? :confused:

That's just retarded.

offspringdude17
04-13-2007, 12:42 AM
with AC/DC would be coowl

Lord_Gabo
04-13-2007, 03:51 AM
Great Dexter Holland with Axl! ehheeeheheh

For Gwen Stefany i think isn't a good idea, now she's a lot of pop and i don't know an offspring album with pop songs! (at least one dude :) )

Manic Subsidal Boy
04-13-2007, 03:54 AM
No offense, but idiot. Soundgarden isn't even a band anymore, and Chris quit Audioslave. The fact that you even mentioned Soundgarden is retarded.

Whoa you can't be for fucking really can ya?! No fucking shit, idiot. Why's it retarded to mention Soundgarden they kill the shit out of Beyonce. By the way, her vocals are pretty horrible for a black chick.

Llamas
04-13-2007, 07:53 AM
Yay for ignorance. That was Monique Powell, the amazing amazing singer from Save Ferris, also a friend of Matt Wong from the 'Fish. She sang the verse on "She Has A Girlfriend Now".
How is it ignorant to not research something I don't like? I don't like RBF, and I don't like that song. It sounds like Stefani, and I didn't care enough to find out whether or not it was.

Why not The Vandals? You know...a band that has at least SOME ties to The Offspring?
Because a punk band doing something with a punk band is kinda boring.

Whoa you can't be for fucking really can ya?! No fucking shit, idiot. Why's it retarded to mention Soundgarden they kill the shit out of Beyonce. By the way, her vocals are pretty horrible for a black chick.
Umm, it's retarded because the Offspring CAN'T work with Soundgarden because they DON'T EXIST. It's just stupid to say, "Oh, are you suggesting that the Offspring features Soundgarden on their next album??" because what, are they going to reunite to do something with the Offspring? Duh.

And pretty horrible for a black chick? Wow. Just wow.

The-Offspring-RuLe
04-13-2007, 10:48 AM
I think they should do one with Bad Religion just to bury the hatchet with Greg. Having said that i think they'd just be fine on their own...it's not that their songs need anything else, i think they need way more solos...longer ones! because we all know Dexter and Noodles can play decent ones. Harmoised solo would be amazing live, Noodles and Dexter shoulder to shoulder playing the solo... you can imagine the rest :)

Grabbal
04-13-2007, 03:36 PM
Noodles and Dexter shoulder to shoulder playing the solo... you can imagine the rest :)

Oh god yess!

BustedKnuckles
04-13-2007, 06:02 PM
Because a punk band doing something with a punk band is kinda boring.

Not with Quakenbrush and Holland singing, Freese on drums, and Fitzgerald and Noodles hammering out the guitar parts.

I think it would be pretty sweet. Not like that crap rumor about Sum 41 and Ludacris coming out with some shit...

Lupin
04-13-2007, 06:56 PM
Heh, The Offspring & King Crimson.
If you dont know King Crimson, then check them out...the two bands would not really work, but a progressive version of 'denial revisited' or at least somthing like that would rock.
________
Lima Engine (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Lima_Engine)

Venom Symbiote
04-13-2007, 07:15 PM
I think they should do one with Bad Religion just to bury the hatchet with Greg.

Brett. The Nitro fallout was nothing to do with Greg. Greg probably doesn't even care.

As for Llamas, "Never assume, it makes an ass out of u and me", lolwafflesbbq.

Llamas
04-13-2007, 07:51 PM
Brett. The Nitro fallout was nothing to do with Greg. Greg probably doesn't even care.

As for Llamas, "Never assume, it makes an ass out of u and me", lolwafflesbbq.
"Well, you know what happens when you assume."
"What?"
"I dunno, something about a donkey. It's a stupid American phrase."

Jizzy Jeff Punk Man
04-13-2007, 10:12 PM
What I wanna know is what made you come with the artists you put in the poll? Those are pretty much some of the worse choices you could come up with. I think I'd rather have them do a song with Gwen Stefani than with Pennywise, that would be lame. I don't really remember who, but some one said something about AvA. I suppose you mean Angels and Airwaves or whatever? There's a reason they're not on there, and that's because they suck.

bouncingcoles
04-13-2007, 10:20 PM
chris cornell sucks.

Venom Symbiote
04-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Your mother's breasticles.

BustedKnuckles
04-14-2007, 12:55 AM
"Well, you know what happens when you assume."
"What?"
"I dunno, something about a donkey. It's a stupid American phrase."

"Well, you know what happens when you assume?"

"What?"

"You look like a complete dumbass....dumbass."

:eek:

F@ BANKZ
04-14-2007, 06:14 AM
What a gastly idea, no approvals from me.

German Andres
04-14-2007, 05:32 PM
I`d put Bad Religion

Venom Symbiote
04-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Of course you would. You're a stupid fuck.

NMHFBD
04-16-2007, 06:17 AM
at least it's better choice than goddamn Stefany,hookworm.

Llamas
04-16-2007, 08:22 AM
Bad Religion is worse than Stefani. I wouldn't want to hear Stefani, but I'd rather her than Bad Religion.

F@ BANKZ
04-16-2007, 08:35 AM
Bad religion for me over most other bands, though i still hate the idea.

Grabbal
04-16-2007, 09:37 AM
I agree. If I had to pick someone I'd pick Bad Religion though I wouldn't want it to ever happen.

bd007h
04-16-2007, 09:57 AM

Tragic Kingdom was a better album.

Llamas
04-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Tragic Kingdom was a better album.

Do you really need to start a discussion about which No Doubt album was the best in a thread in GOD? That was just a stupid jab. I like Return of Saturn much better than Tragic Kingdom, end of story.

I'm surprised at how many people would want Bad Religion to play in an Offspring song. It would barely make any difference in the song at all, minus Greg's voice. Just seems very redundant.

DirtyYeso
04-16-2007, 01:29 PM
Maybe someone like.. Jello Biafra, it's been done before and I loved it (Disclaimer) and you'll hate me more for this but NOFX...

Agree with you there...

Lord_Gabo
04-16-2007, 03:16 PM
Original sounds scary people!
Why choose a punk rock band fo feature? Where we can find some of new?
I've put 4 different band for this, thousand band could be a good featuring, but my hope is that the sound or the voice will bee new and cool!

Venom Symbiote
04-16-2007, 04:14 PM
I'm surprised at how many people would want Bad Religion to play in an Offspring song. It would barely make any difference in the song at all, minus Greg's voice. Just seems very redundant.

Plus they've already done "Shattered Faith", which was written to sound like The Offspring. Some kind of response to "All I Want", I guess.

Oh, and Tragic Kingdom IS better. :p Nyaa!

But seriously, old-school Gwen vocals would be the best choice, if you ever want a female singer on an Offspring song. You've got the SoCal icon (the type of people they always work with), you've got a powerful individual singer who does (or did) similar kind of music back in the day, and they're already acquainted.

I don't see what the "bulllshiiiiit!" reaction to that choice is. I'm not fucking suggesting The Offspring write a new "Hollaback Girl" or whatever. :rolleyes:

bd007h
04-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Do you really need to start a discussion about which No Doubt album was the best in a thread in GOD? That was just a stupid jab. I like Return of Saturn much better than Tragic Kingdom, end of story.

as long as we agree that Rock Steady pretty much sucked.......

Llamas
04-17-2007, 04:36 PM
Plus they've already done "Shattered Faith", which was written to sound like The Offspring. Some kind of response to "All I Want", I guess.

Oh, and Tragic Kingdom IS better. :p Nyaa!

But seriously, old-school Gwen vocals would be the best choice, if you ever want a female singer on an Offspring song. You've got the SoCal icon (the type of people they always work with), you've got a powerful individual singer who does (or did) similar kind of music back in the day, and they're already acquainted.

I don't see what the "bulllshiiiiit!" reaction to that choice is. I'm not fucking suggest The Offspring write a new "Hollaback Girl" or whatever. :rolleyes:

The reason I don't like it is because it wouldn't be adding any new style to their music. Old school Gwen's voice... well first of all, I've never been a huge fan of her voice. It was okay with No Doubt's music, but I wouldn't want to hear it with the Offspring. Second of all, their styles are similar enough that it would seem kind of redundant to me. I personally just much prefer featured artists with groups that are from at least somewhat different genres. No Doubt was too similar to Offspring in the old days.

*Has Artificial Sweetner stuck in head*

as long as we agree that Rock Steady pretty much sucked.......
Well, duh.

All I will say about Return of Saturn > Tragic Kingdom... much more mature and diverse lyrics, more diversity in the styles of the songs, it's more complex, it's more emotional, and Stefani had learned vocal control better between albums. Tragic Kingdom was fun, but Return of Saturn was smart. I prefer the latter.

bd007h
04-17-2007, 06:17 PM
point taken. I guess I prefer fun over smart.

Mustang Racer
04-17-2007, 07:09 PM
Weezer all the way.

Short_Attention_Span
04-17-2007, 08:21 PM
I don't see what the "bulllshiiiiit!" reaction to that choice is. I'm not fucking suggest The Offspring write a new "Hollaback Girl" or whatever. :rolleyes:

Careful... you'll give them ideas...
________
Bmw 2002tii history (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_2002tii)

smash212
04-18-2007, 10:33 AM
Weezer all the way.

haha. i dunno how that'd really work. do you mean classic (or should i say, good) Weezer or post green album Weeezer (aka crap Weezer) ?

F@ BANKZ
04-18-2007, 11:39 AM
I for one vote for crap Weezer.

smash212
04-18-2007, 11:55 AM
as much as i hate that Weezer, it'd probably be the one that'd work the best for somethin like this...

i miss Pinkerton Weezer =\

Llamas
04-18-2007, 02:22 PM
I don't think any part of Weezer would sound good with the Offspring. Their styles kinda clash. In a bad way. However, I love all Weezer. I liked Make Believe.

F@ BANKZ
04-18-2007, 02:25 PM
After thinking about Bad Religion as a feature band I remembered Bad Religion supposedly hate The Offspring, so, would Agent Orange be cool? I know I think so.

Grabbal
04-18-2007, 02:31 PM
I hear about "Agent Orange" all the time, but I've never heard em.

Link to best song plzzz?

Venom Symbiote
04-18-2007, 04:19 PM
Err...Weezer broke up, you beaners.

As good as Blue and Maladroit were (Pinkerton's cool but overrated, while Maladroit is underrated as all fuck, that album is totally tits), agreed thatthey don't work with The Offspring. At all.

Although there is the band member link. So meh.

jacknife737
04-18-2007, 04:21 PM
Err...Weezer broke up, you beaners.

No they didn't

http://www.punknews.org/article/19308

Llamas
04-18-2007, 04:28 PM
(Pinkerton's cool but overrated, while Maladroit is underrated as all fuck, that album is totally tits).

Yes yes yes oh god yes.

ruroken
04-18-2007, 08:38 PM
A Fire Inside. Although Buckethead would be cool too.

Peedr
04-19-2007, 03:44 AM
A Fire Inside. Although Buckethead would be cool too.No, no, please no AFI. Not nowadays...

Wouli
04-19-2007, 04:37 AM
I vote for Pennywise ...

coolignition
04-19-2007, 01:21 PM
I vote for Pennywise ...

i think they're too similar to pennywise for that to be anything all too interesting. i'd wanna see a colaboration with someone totally out of their realm.

neocon58
04-19-2007, 06:54 PM
How would you join two bands at once?

I wonder who wrote the saints are coming...u2 or greenday? as far as the music...

Venom Symbiote
04-19-2007, 06:59 PM
That was a cover, Heebie. ^^^^^

German Andres
04-21-2007, 09:20 AM
I`d try with Liam Gallagher

Venom Symbiote
04-21-2007, 07:07 PM
Liam Gallagher eats wang, and has written maybe three decent songs in his career. Overrated as Cobain.

Llamas
04-23-2007, 04:45 AM
Gallagher sucks at writing music, but I think he's got a great voice and a nice style that would work well with the Offspring. I could see that. Just make sure Dexter writes the song and Gallagher only sings. ;)

Lord_Gabo
04-24-2007, 03:18 AM
Gallagher sucks at writing music, but I think he's got a great voice and a nice style that would work well with the Offspring. I could see that. Just make sure Dexter writes the song and Gallagher only sings. ;)

I think this mix could be impossible! Oasis band have a different "image hype", they never play with offspring cause they think their band is better then other in the world. I'll be happy if Oasis will play with Off , but it's only a dream.

SyLeS
04-28-2007, 06:20 PM
not the biggest fan of acdc, i choose pennywise!

Coleby
04-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Definetly Rise Against, they would work well with The Offspring.

BustedKnuckles
04-28-2007, 07:05 PM
Definetly Rise Against, they would work well with The Offspring.

How would you know? Besides...their lead singer looks like a pussy.

Lord_Gabo
04-30-2007, 11:02 AM
what about the singer of EVANESCENCE? (i don't remember her name sorry)

ZagmenO
04-30-2007, 11:20 AM
HAHA!!! That's a funny one.

...You were joking, right?

Venom Symbiote
04-30-2007, 03:24 PM
ust make sure Dexter writes the song and Gallagher only sings. ;)

What do you think the chances of that happening are? Slim, none, or Noodles-breaks-Noel's-arms-for-being-such-an-egotistical-dick?

Llamas
04-30-2007, 04:03 PM
What do you think the chances of that happening are? Slim, none, or Noodles-breaks-Noel's-arms-for-being-such-an-egotistical-dick?

...hence the winky face.

Venom Symbiote
04-30-2007, 04:41 PM
...BEQUIETYOUFOOL. :( :o

spent
05-01-2007, 10:05 AM
pearl jam?

Steady
05-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Would be awesome if the rise against dude did some vocals with them. Although not sure if it would go with dex's voice.

Venom Symbiote
05-02-2007, 04:17 PM
I will slap you for even suggesting that. ^^^

Damn punk rawkerz.

BustedKnuckles
05-03-2007, 12:35 AM
I will slap you for even suggesting that. ^^^

Damn punk rawkerz.

Ditto...besides...Rise Against's singer looks like a pussy.

NMHFBD
05-04-2007, 12:39 AM
Rise agaisnt,Pennywise and The Offspring should write a song together.

Venom Symbiote
05-04-2007, 04:48 AM
Hey, Rusky? Shut up. That would never work.

Your idiocy astounds me. Damn Reds.