PDA

View Full Version : AAE's Current Music Thought.

All About Eve
04-16-2007, 01:23 AM
Calling it this because I don't know when or if there will be another.

So, I'm listening to the radio, not really paying attention, and all of a sudden I start feeling sick to my stomach. Then I realize that "Lips of an Angel" by Hinder is playing. Honestly, this is one of the worst songs I have ever heard.

The Jack Ingram country version is actually BETTER. AND he sounds like less of a redneck. http://youtube.com/watch?v=9SnCmAAI-mw

Discuss how horrendous this song is/how Jack Ingram looks like a faggoted version of Johnny Rzeznik.

the_GoDdEsS
04-16-2007, 03:07 AM
I haven't heard of any of those, so I listened to bits of both just now and it sounded like boring, overdone music. Yes, Hinder was worse. Yes, Ingram looks faggoted. Also, Rzeznik is a Powack? Lolz.

Which also reminds me of how I am not up do date with music at all. I stopped listening to the radio or actually following the development of commercial music a long time ago. I think it's not bad for me and I forgive myself my ignorance, except for a few situations where kids I teach ask me things like "You know the Pussy Cat Dolls?", I go all "Huh? Who?". I simply don't know the new artists or songs, but rather go back in the past looking for music that's interesting to me.

ninthlayer
04-16-2007, 03:17 AM
Fags always sing that song at karaoke (but karaoke is for fags anyway) and I die slightly inside whenever I hear it.

Ingram looks like a fag. Back when I paid attention to Rzeznik (like, in high school) I always thought he was cool.

Jakebert
04-16-2007, 04:36 AM
FACT: It took me about 2 months of hearing that lame song here to realize that Hinder and Nickleback aren't the same band.

nieh
04-16-2007, 06:18 AM
Fuck, the voice of that guy in Hinder is horrendous. And does he not know how to lip-sync (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtnf9EqijT0)?

All About Eve
04-16-2007, 07:52 AM
Apparently not. I hadn't seen that video yet. Blegh.

ninthlayer
04-16-2007, 09:07 AM
lolz@youtubecommentz

Llamas
04-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Okay, so yes, the song by Hinder is HORRIBLE. I used to watch some music video channel late at night last fall in Minnesota, and the Hinder version would come on way too often, and I'd always have to change the station. The singer of Hinder's voice is HORRIBLE, and I'd dare say they're worse than Nickelback. There was always this short interview with them on that station, too, where they'd be like "yeah we're just trying to have fun bringing back traditional rock n roll" WTF?? Ugh.

Anyway, I'd never heard this country version. It's better than the Hinder version (it doesn't make me want to claw my ears off), but it's still not good (I can't listen to more than 30 seconds of it). The singer does look like a faggy John Rzeznik... except Rzeznik is/was hot.

Great, now you got me missing when GGD was a really good band. :( Jerk.

All About Eve
04-16-2007, 10:18 AM
"yeah we're just trying to have fun bringing back traditional rock n roll" WTF?? Ugh.
Did they really say this? :(

except Rzeznik is/was hot.
Exactly.

Great, now you got me missing when GGD was a really good band. :( Jerk.
My most recent Forced Listening was All Eyes On Me!

Llamas
04-16-2007, 10:22 AM
Did they really say this? :(
Yes! :( Maybe not word for word, but they said they were having a lot of fun, and that they were trying to bring back traditional rock n roll. I was really upset.

My most recent Forced Listening was All Eyes On Me!
Nice, not a bad song. I was actually surprised that they chose Broadway over All Eyes on Me for their last single from that album. One of my friends from Sweden was saying that she really loves the song "Iris" but didn't know ANY other songs by them, so I made her a compilation of all their singles, plus one robby and one john (non-single) from each album minus First Release, since I don't have that one :(, but she really loves it. I was glad to bring another person to the love of the Goo Goo Dolls. :)

edit: you should post more often.

HeadAroundU
04-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Ingram must be a gay, Hinder is trying too much to be a gay. This is not a music for me.

*holy shit, it was difficult to not be like "those bands suck"*

WebDudette
04-16-2007, 02:37 PM
The fact that this song is huge makes me hate the world.

H1T_That
04-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Hinder are horrendous.

coke_a_holic
04-16-2007, 04:36 PM
You know what's awesome? Being the same band as about 18 other popular groups. The formula works and the money is made. Fuck life.