PDA

View Full Version : Remastered Albums

Coleby
04-19-2007, 04:42 PM
Someone else said on here that they were coming out with remastered version of Smash and Ignition? Does anybody know if this is true and can be verified?

Cause that would be awesome...

Kitten
04-19-2007, 04:44 PM
I haven't heard anything about it. I don't really think they need remastering though, they have a certain charm in a rougher form, and that might not translate if they got cleaned up a little.

Coleby
04-19-2007, 04:47 PM
I haven't heard anything about it. I don't really think they need remastering though, they have a certain charm in a rougher form, and that might not translate if they got cleaned up a little.

I guess you're right, but a lot of the time I can barely hear the lyrics on them.

Kitten
04-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Did you try turning the volume up?

Jojan
04-19-2007, 11:20 PM
The Swedish online CD-store says so. See here. (http://www.cdon.com/main.phtml?nav=908&nav_genre=908&navroot=902&name=Offspring&page=search_name&type=1&view_type=1)

Venom Symbiote
04-19-2007, 11:42 PM
But what do the Swedish know?

Evilwoo
04-20-2007, 02:16 AM
I have to say i would be intrigued to hear the remastered versions, however i anticipate that they wouldn't sound as good as the orginals. They do as someone said, have a certain charm where the recording isn't so completely perfect. I think they could risk sounding boring remastered. I could be wrong tho :P

Zee
04-20-2007, 05:00 AM
The Swedish online CD-store says so. See here. (http://www.cdon.com/main.phtml?nav=908&nav_genre=908&navroot=902&name=Offspring&page=search_name&type=1&view_type=1)

Not only Sweden, but Denmark, Norway, Finland and EU too. Check out. (http://www.cdon.com/)

NotTheOne_NL
04-20-2007, 06:58 AM
the site says release date is 20/06/07

F@ BANKZ
04-20-2007, 11:38 AM
It could all just be a result of a rumor triggered by that Ignition Remastered thread i made a while ago; how reliable are the sites?

Little_Miss_1565
04-20-2007, 02:08 PM
If it's only European sites that have presales on them, it might be a Sony International thing.

F@ BANKZ
04-21-2007, 07:40 AM
I might listen to Ignition remastered, not Smash. I'm guessing the first one isn't being remastered as it wasn't popular enough.

ThunderPX
04-21-2007, 12:07 PM
I might listen to Ignition remastered, not Smash. I'm guessing the first one isn't being remastered as it wasn't popular enough.

No, the first one is property of Nitro, while Ignition and Smash are property of Epitaph.

F@ BANKZ
04-21-2007, 12:39 PM
Good point.

Llamas
04-23-2007, 05:44 AM
I'm the kind of person who will buy every LP from a band brand new if I really like them a lot, and the Offspring is that kind of band for me. However, I will never pay for songs I already have paid for, even if they are remastered. I didn't buy GH, and I wouldn't buy remastered albums. I tend to LOVE the sound of the early albums. I'm not a fan of commercially produced music as much as independently produced, as I just love to hear a truer and rawer sound. I *will* pay for live albums, as that is new music to me. I would only ever buy live albums if every band released all their songs live. Unfortunately, that's not an option. In short, I'm not gonna pay an extra like $30 to hear music I already have sound more produced.

Steady
04-23-2007, 08:41 AM
Hmm, I recon it would be a pretty good idea remastering them, i mean smash isn't too bad as it is, but ignition would sound awesome remastered. I guess it would sound like Mission From God, that sounds pretty remastered.

ZagmenO
04-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Why remaster them? The low-quality of the two CD's is what makes them golden. Fuckin' communists tryin' to decide what we want to listen to!!!! Surely this was not the idea of the band!!!

0r4ng3
04-23-2007, 07:42 PM
To be fair, releasing the albums in the first place is sort of telling you what to listen to. If you already have the albums, don't worry about the remastered versions.

BustedKnuckles
04-23-2007, 11:37 PM
Why remaster them? The low-quality of the two CD's is what makes them golden. Fuckin' communists tryin' to decide what we want to listen to!!!! Surely this was not the idea of the band!!!

Idiot. Listen to your own CD's...nobody is telling you what the fuck to listen to you stupid fuck.

Jesus Christ...it's not like record companies have invested into mind altering substances in the water or brain waves...we'd know because every Goddamn person would think that Sexy Back is the best song alive.

Gayman
04-24-2007, 06:50 PM
It sounds like Epitaph is in the need of money. And The Offspring is/was the only thing that got them any.

Dr.evil
04-26-2007, 06:31 PM
i only recently perchased both remastered albums without realising, until i listined to them and noticed between the tracks on my computer to the tracks on the album, WHATEVER YOU DO DONT FALL FOR IT!!! smash was a waste of cash, ignion was good though

Martin59
04-27-2007, 01:15 AM
Where have you buy this two remastered album ? the site say "released in june"... :eek:

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
04-27-2007, 02:02 AM
I wouldn't buy them unless they were official.

Dr.evil
04-27-2007, 03:15 AM
i got them at a small music store in a shifty neighborhood, there probable bootlegs though

NotTheOne_NL
04-27-2007, 03:51 AM
i got them at a small music store in a shifty neighborhood, there probable bootlegs though

yeah? wich ones?

Kitten
04-27-2007, 04:41 AM
The Epitaph website doesn't have a listing for re-releases, unless they licenced them out to a different label in the particular territory they are advertised in.

Nevermind:
Shock Records (http://www.shock.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=472)

Venom Symbiote
04-27-2007, 04:59 AM
Fuck fu-fuch...fuck-fucky...fu...ck...ck...kkkkccc...fu...fuck-fuck-fu....FUCKING...FUCK-ING...fu...

F.U.C.K.

:eek: :( Sorry. Kind of had a retarded spasm for a second there.

So this is true? I don't like it.

This seriously leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Not because I'll actually be dumb enough to buy them, but because...they don't even need re-mastering. :(

Although...the Aggrolites have a new album. :) So "party!" to that. Awe-to-da-some, yo.

HeadAroundU
04-27-2007, 09:45 AM
I'll download it from somewhere. *evil look*

Venom Symbiote
04-27-2007, 07:27 PM
*twitches*

This still pisses me off.

BustedKnuckles
04-28-2007, 06:23 PM
*twitches*

This still pisses me off.

Wah....don't be pissed off...you have the old ones right?

Then listen to them.

And quit bitching...it isn't becoming of you.

ZagmenO
04-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Idiot. Listen to your own CD's...nobody is telling you what the fuck to listen to you stupid fuck.

Jesus Christ...it's not like record companies have invested into mind altering substances in the water or brain waves...we'd know because every Goddamn person would think that Sexy Back is the best song alive.

I see your point, but Holy fuckin' God!!! Did you have to curse so fuckin' much!?!?!?!? WOW! I was voicing my opinion, you have a contradicting opinion and that's fine. I was simply stating that people shouldn't try to "improve" two great albums. Ironically, they're actually just ruining them. Go sit in the corner and count to ten if you're gonna get that pissed if someone says something you disagree with.

BIG Nicky
04-28-2007, 07:04 PM
Hmmmm, this should be interesting.

BustedKnuckles
04-28-2007, 07:05 PM
I see your point, but Holy fuckin' God!!! Did you have to curse so fuckin' much!?!?!?!? WOW! I was voicing my opinion, you have a contradicting opinion and that's fine. I was simply stating that people shouldn't try to "improve" two great albums. Ironically, they're actually just ruining them. Go sit in the corner and count to ten if you're gonna get that pissed if someone says something you disagree with.

Et tu Brutus?

That is an older post too...new observation: You are blind AND stupid. Alright!

Coleby
04-28-2007, 07:12 PM
I admit, the raunchiness is charming, but just hearing it remastered would be cool. The lyrics are incredibly jumbled and make the songs sound a bit worse than they really are (especially on s/t.)

ZagmenO
04-29-2007, 07:38 PM
Et tu Brutus?

That is an older post too...new observation: You are blind AND stupid. Alright!

It was supposed to be ironic. ;)

And I haven't checked the thread in a while 'til I posted that, fucker.

Venom Symbiote
04-29-2007, 10:12 PM
I admit, the raunchiness is charming

"Raunchiness"? L-to-da-freakin'-L-BBQ. These albums are "raunchy"?

Hilarious choice of words, you sex machine. :p *cackles hysterically* Bwahahahaha.

BustedKnuckles
05-01-2007, 01:41 PM
It was supposed to be ironic. ;)

And I haven't checked the thread in a while 'til I posted that, fucker.

http://www.mellesgriot.com/products/forensics/images/FLUID.jpg

My new name for you.

ZagmenO
05-06-2007, 09:37 AM
Radical.

And yes, I realize my reply is late again. :o

clocks_R_slow
05-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Did you try turning the volume up?

ROFL!! good one

Zee
05-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Only about a month now for some "new" Offspring stuff. ;) June 20th.

Zee
05-18-2007, 07:32 PM
They've removed the release dates, now they're under the title "coming". What the heck is this... so www.cdon.com.