PDA

View Full Version : Noodles singing Bad Habit

Trippy_
04-20-2007, 03:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTRe9StSBZI

What do you think how did he do? Check it our from the end of the video.

F@ BANKZ
04-20-2007, 03:49 PM
That just looks like most of the other Bad Habit perfomances in the braid-age. Oh right the end, whoa cool.

Trippy_
04-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Yes from 03:00 where dexter is out of the game and Noodles takes his place. Noodles rocks. <3

nameless
04-20-2007, 07:01 PM
does anyone know what happened to dexter, its late, maybe i just missed something!

ZagmenO
04-20-2007, 07:19 PM
does anyone know what happened to dexter, its late, maybe i just missed something!

He probably did a stage dive and then surfed the crowd.

-=Xander=-
04-20-2007, 08:51 PM
He probably did a stage dive and then surfed the crowd.

Dex doesn't crowd is surf does he?

Original prankstA
04-20-2007, 10:06 PM
i think he just fell or something cuz some stage guys came over to where he disappeared and it seemed like they were checking to see if he was ok.

RobinoZombie
04-20-2007, 11:30 PM
i havent checked the video, but ive seen it along time ago, think dex does a stagedive, and gets a little carried away with it and missed the last lines of the song

F@ BANKZ
04-21-2007, 01:21 AM
It'll be a dive, apparently he used to do alot of them.

ZagmenO
04-21-2007, 08:10 AM
Dex doesn't crowd is surf does he?

Back in his Smash days, I remember he did. If you have the Americana DVD, then you'll see a scene of him doing that.

Jojan
04-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Noodles should sing more solo.
Alot of bigger avenues don't allow crowd suring theese days since it is said to be unsafe.

F@ BANKZ
04-21-2007, 10:38 AM
That's the crappiest thing ever! It's so much fun that one could even call it soo much fun. I doubt that that many people have been been killed from it.

mrconeman
04-21-2007, 12:02 PM
That was actually a really fuckin' good performance. It's nice to see a band dealing with it when something goes wrong.

Jojan
04-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Stage diving can cause serious injuries, as the stage diver can fail to be caught by the audience below and hit the floor with some force, sometimes head first. Stage divers can also injure the people they land on top of, or knock them over to be trampled by the dancing crowd.

In 2000, at the Roskilde Festival festival, nine people died and several were wounded because they were trampled during a Pearl Jam concert. Since then, crowd surfing has been made illegal at most festivals and concerts in Europe, and patrons can, in theory, be ejected from the venue for partaking in the act. This is usually written on the small-print of festival tickets. However as people rarely get thrown out for crowd surfing, it seems that the ban exists simply because companies running the festivals want legal protection from potential injury claims against them stemming from moshing or crowd surfing at these events.

Blackball_
04-21-2007, 01:43 PM
Stage diving can cause serious injuries, as the stage diver can fail to be caught by the audience below and hit the floor with some force, sometimes head first. Stage divers can also injure the people they land on top of, or knock them over to be trampled by the dancing crowd.

In 2000, at the Roskilde Festival festival, nine people died and several were wounded because they were trampled during a Pearl Jam concert. Since then, crowd surfing has been made illegal at most festivals and concerts in Europe, and patrons can, in theory, be ejected from the venue for partaking in the act. This is usually written on the small-print of festival tickets. However as people rarely get thrown out for crowd surfing, it seems that the ban exists simply because companies running the festivals want legal protection from potential injury claims against them stemming from moshing or crowd surfing at these events.

you forgot to mention crowd surfers are fucking annoying.

Venom Symbiote
04-21-2007, 07:15 PM
Heh, I hate crowdsurfers so much. Some giant biker fag kicked a little girl in the head at the Slayer show here the other night, a couple feet away from me. It was insanely distressing. And no, I have no idea why a little girl (12 or something, I guess) was in the front row at a Slayer concert. Haha. :confused:

I swear half the people at shows don't go there for the music. It pisses me off. "Yay, we get to fight people and act like dicks!"

mrconeman
04-21-2007, 07:19 PM
Moshers and crowd sufers should be thrown the fuck out of the venue. Yeah, I realise getting every one of them would be impossible and ruin the atmosphere of a show.

But one too many times I've been at a show and concentrating more on staying away from all those fucking tools throwing themselves at each other than paying attention to what I payed to see, the band.

WebDudette
04-21-2007, 07:26 PM
I fiail to see anything wrong with moshing in most cases. I was at The Blood Brothers show the other night and the mosh pit was pretty awesome. When I wanted to get out I just walked out. When someone fell they got helped up almost instantly and no one was throwing punches or anything. On the other hand I have been to metal shows were the mosh pits are just fucking ridiculous.

nameless
04-21-2007, 08:13 PM
I fiail to see anything wrong with moshing in most cases. I was at The Blood Brothers show the other night and the mosh pit was pretty awesome. When I wanted to get out I just walked out. When someone fell they got helped up almost instantly and no one was throwing punches or anything. On the other hand I have been to metal shows were the mosh pits are just fucking ridiculous.

loads of people comment that people supposedly dont know how to act in the mosh pit and apparently thats where the trouble starts. i just normally avoid them. as for crowd surfing, i just see it as part of the gig although im never in a position right at the front centre (unless its a band i love!) that i can really say it bothers me!

Venom Symbiote
04-21-2007, 08:36 PM
For the record, most punk shows are worse than most metal shows.

Metal kids tend to go there for the music. Punk kids tend to go there to act tough and rebellious. That breeds idiocy and trouble.

Thomas
04-21-2007, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I don't do either when I go to shows. Then again, I don't go to very many big shows. Mostly just local bands.

btw, Noodles' recovery was freaking amazing.

-=Xander=-
04-21-2007, 10:34 PM

Metal kids tend to go there for the music. Punk kids tend to go there to act tough and rebellious. That breeds idiocy and trouble.

Clearly you haven't been to many hardcore shows. I got my nose broke its not cool.

Aside from that, the fact Dexter didn't get back up in time makes me think he fell and the crowd tried to eat him

DeAtHsTaR
04-21-2007, 10:49 PM
Mosh pits are great as long as stupid fucks don't start throwing punches. It's a violent form of dancing, it's not fighting.

Venom Symbiote
04-21-2007, 11:47 PM
Clearly you haven't been to many hardcore shows. I got my nose broke its not cool.

Err, hardcore is more punk than metal anyway. What the fuck is your point?

The only metal shows that you'll have any kind of violence problems with are Thrash bands. Whereas just about every kind of punk show will have idiot 16 year olds with something to prove.

The vast majority of metal shows now are just balding fat old dudes drinking beer and acting sedate, throwing the odd devil-horns gesture.

But punk/hardcore kids feel the need to stand there practicing for their karate class.

DeAtHsTaR
04-22-2007, 12:39 AM
But punk/hardcore kids feel the need to stand there practicing for their karate class.

I don't know what it's like in Australia, but where I come from, you don't see ANY of that at punk shows. Only "Hardcore" (Read: Screamo) and death metal.

-=Xander=-
04-22-2007, 12:39 AM
Err, hardcore is more punk than metal anyway. What the fuck is your point?

The only metal shows that you'll have any kind of violence problems with are Thrash bands. Whereas just about every kind of punk show will have idiot 16 year olds with something to prove.

The vast majority of metal shows now are just balding fat old dudes drinking beer and acting sedate, throwing the odd devil-horns gesture.

The concerts hardcore/metal concerts on the gold coast are death traps. They are all 20 something year olds who go to mosh out. Plus, none of the bands have a ounce of talent in them. Really its a get together so idiots can murder guitars and scream in mics.

My point was, you shouldn't distinguish between pits by genre, Metal pits get pretty fucked up too. I'm sure they get violent at Britney spears concerts too... You can't pick and choose which genre has the roughest pits. It all depends on what fuck-ups show up

mrconeman
04-22-2007, 05:32 AM

I've been to both, local and big bands, and I generally agree.

Mosh pits are great as long as stupid fucks don't start throwing punches. It's a violent form of dancing, it's not fighting.
No, it's a violent form of idiocy. You actually call one big sweaty guy running into his friends and bashing off them a dance?

And trust me, people who come off with this "Mosh pit etiquette" are just wrong or lying. I've seen people who've fallen and trampelled and had to be carried away by the security bleeding, I've seen kids who clearly don't want to be involved with the pits being dragged into them and thrown around like wet lettuce, and I've seen fucking asshole guys literally punch girls right in the face in the middle of those pits and it makes me thing "What the fuck is the point?"

If you and your sweaty un-washed greasy friends want to bang into each other do it at home like any other self respecting fag.

F@ BANKZ
04-22-2007, 07:58 AM
I wouldn't say people who like punk start trouble, alot of them are very friendly and are just out for a good time.

DeAtHsTaR
04-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Coneman, you know nothing. Here, when someone falls down, the closest person to someone that falls almost invariably picks the guy up. It's probably different at big shows, I wouldn't know, but at our local shows, there's a friendly vibe in the pit at PUNK shows. Metal is something else, just a bunch of karate-kicking idiots.

I once saw some 14 year old kick a guy when he was down at a local show. He got the living FUCK beat out of him by about 4 people for that.

I've moshed at every show I've been to for the last year or so, most of the time in violent pits, and the only time I've ever been hurt was when my face slammed into some fatass's sternum and i got a black eye. I fell down and was dragged out of the pit by some random dude. Big shows are probably different. Here there's a code of conduct, and since everyone sees each other at every show, you better not act like a dick.

goonadie1day
04-22-2007, 11:11 AM
I think he did a good job! HAHA!

WebDudette
04-22-2007, 11:36 AM
I've been to big shows that are just fucking ridiculous. There is a huge pit were people generally just don't care and fuck each other up. Then I have been to small shows such as the Blood Brothers show. There was a big security guy standing at the edge of the pit with a flash light making sure no one fell. If some one fell the closest people to that person pulled them up and made sure they were okay then continued doing what they were doing. Even before the security guard was there we were doing that. No one intended on hurting anyone else excluding the one asshole that seems to be in every group.

I'm sure it varies from place to place and from show to show.

mrconeman
04-22-2007, 01:44 PM
Coneman, you know nothing.
You're ridiculously stupid.

Here, when someone falls down, the closest person to someone that falls almost invariably picks the guy up. It's probably different at big shows, I wouldn't know, but at our local shows, there's a friendly vibe in the pit at PUNK shows.
You're ridiculously stupid.

I've moshed at every show I've been to for the last year or so
You're a fag. And ridiculously stupid.

Here there's a code of conduct, and since everyone sees each other at every show, you better not act like a dick.
This was the only sensible thing you said. How the shit was I to know you were reffering to small local shows only?

And I've called you ridiculously stupid for the fact that it was you who is drawing the distinction between the shows we go to, and yet, instead of going on to say we were clearly both right in the first place about our respective gigs you go on to say that I'm wrong and know nothing.
So again, you're ridiculously stupid.

Venom Symbiote
04-22-2007, 02:54 PM
Deathmetal and hardcore aren't music anyway, I fail to see what their relevance is here.

Yes, moshpits have some kind of "camaraderie" in that people will help you if you go down. That happened to me with Metallica, although that was kind of a pussy mainstream crown anyway. Some awesome dwarf (I kid you not) helped me up and offered me some weed. I lol'ed.

But that's not really the fucking point. I shouldn't HAVE to be knocked to my fucking knees by some giant bald 'tard in a leather jacket, if I'm there to watch and listen to some music.

I find that especially with punk-rock shows, if you're in the front few rows you're constantly looking over your shoulder trying to gauge the path of the crowd-surfers, preparing yourself to help haul them over you and drop them into the space between the barrier and the stage, and hope you don't get your neck squashed.

It's bullshit. It's not so much of a problem for me, I'm a reasonably big guy, but I just hate the "causing mayhem for the sake of it" shit.

Go join a petty street gang or a boxing gym if that's what you want to do. Just don't interrupt the fucking music for all the decent folk.

But like I said, most recent metal shows I've been to (except for Slayer, but that was kind of expected...it's...friggin' Slayer) have been ok. It's the punk shows that are retarded. I swear Green Day had more cocktards shoving people than Slayer did. It's the age thing, man. The fans.

DeAtHsTaR
04-22-2007, 05:57 PM
And I've called you ridiculously stupid for the fact that it was you who is drawing the distinction between the shows we go to, and yet, instead of going on to say we were clearly both right in the first place about our respective gigs you go on to say that I'm wrong and know nothing.
So again, you're ridiculously stupid.
You said ALL pits are like that and there's NO etiquette ANYWHERE.

Venom Symbiote
04-23-2007, 12:12 AM
It's not institutional etiquette, dude, it's just a few decent individuals in a pit of retards.

It's not a group mentality to help people if they fall, it's just the Good Samaritans or whatever.

BustedKnuckles
04-23-2007, 12:23 AM
It's not institutional etiquette, dude, it's just a few decent individuals in a pit of retards.

And when there is alcohol present it doesn't help matters either.

DeAtHsTaR
04-23-2007, 06:57 AM

It's not a group mentality to help people if they fall, it's just the Good Samaritans or whatever.
Not where I live, and people here are trash. They must REALLY suck in your area. The people who help others up make up the majority of the pits at shows here.

mrconeman
04-23-2007, 10:57 AM
You said ALL pits are like that and there's NO etiquette ANYWHERE.
Well at the time I was blisfully un-aware that you live in la la happy land where no one is ever hurt in a mosh pit (Christ even the name bothers me).

As you should have been able to tell by the bit you quoted, obviously I'm willing to accept that I have no way of actually knowing what your local mosh pits are like, so yeah, I concede, at least to the fact that you say these things are true.
I have no way to know one way or the other, so its a null argument.