PDA

View Full Version : punkrock dad

bouncingcoles
04-22-2007, 11:40 AM
i dont know if you guys know but the singer from pennywise wrote a book called punkrock dad that is supposed to come out in May. i dont know much else about it but everyone should definetly check it out.

Amiralanal
04-22-2007, 01:15 PM
I like pennywise, but im not gonna read a book about parenting, regardless of who wrote it.

nameless
04-22-2007, 03:53 PM
I like pennywise, but im not gonna read a book about parenting, regardless of who wrote it.

im sure its not actually a guide to parenting, more so on how he balances life on tour with family etc. i heard all the proceeds go to a worthy cause as well!

jacknife737
04-22-2007, 04:06 PM
I heard about this, its a semi-interesting topic, but i don't think i'll be picking it up. Plus the titile sounds like some cheesy sitcom.

Jakebert
04-22-2007, 07:26 PM
"But dad, why do you always have to fight the system? I just want a dad!"

"Well dear, I'm sure that I'll rise above."

*canned laughter machine erupts in joy*

DeAtHsTaR
04-23-2007, 08:01 AM
"But dad, why do you always have to fight the system? I just want a dad!"

"Well dear, I'm sure that I'll rise above."

*canned laughter machine erupts in joy*

I approve!

nameless
04-23-2007, 03:50 PM
i admit, the only reason i will check the book out is because it involves someone in in a decent band i like, obviously, if someone from a cheesy pop band had written it, i wouldnt bother!

its not going to be some half arsed book where he is just looking to capitalise on his bands popularity and make a bit of quick money!

im sure if someone from the offspring wrote a book veryone here would buy it for the same reason!

bouncingcoles
04-23-2007, 08:07 PM
i admit, the only reason i will check the book out is because it involves someone in in a decent band i like, obviously, if someone from a cheesy pop band had written it, i wouldnt bother!

its not going to be some half arsed book where he is just looking to capitalise on his bands popularity and make a bit of quick money!

im sure if someone from the offspring wrote a book veryone here would buy it for the same reason!

i feel the same way. i dont expect it to be an incredibly well written book but i think it will be cool.

ninthlayer
04-23-2007, 11:42 PM
I'd buy an Offspring book if it was about Holland trying to score pot off of high schoolers, but that's about it.

the_GoDdEsS
04-24-2007, 02:02 AM
everyone should definetly check it out.

I'm sure it will be full of life-changing epiphanies. But tell me, what kind of trupunx read books?

That_Guy91
04-24-2007, 04:51 AM

Did nobody else notice how stupid this is?

Jakebert
04-24-2007, 05:00 AM
Did nobody else notice how stupid this is?

I was hoping everybody noticed how stupid that was.

bouncingcoles
04-24-2007, 06:54 AM
I'm sure it will be full of life-changing epiphanies. But tell me, what kind of trupunx read books?

i hope your kidding.

Amiralanal
04-24-2007, 07:02 AM
i hope your kidding.

Punk is about drinking and kicking old people.