PDA

View Full Version : have the french ever won a war

2_pints_of _larger
04-23-2007, 03:34 AM
i mean come on i been studying history and all i see is england bitch slaping them since the dawn of time lol :eek:

Bazza
04-23-2007, 03:56 AM
It's very old, but:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=french+military+victories&btnG=Google+Search&meta= (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/victories.html)

Llamas
04-23-2007, 04:20 AM
Of course they haven't. The French are useless. :P

Sin Studly
04-23-2007, 06:48 AM
They won the French Revolution, if that counts.

Lodat225
04-23-2007, 07:59 AM
where civil blood make civil hands unclean.

RickyCrack
04-23-2007, 10:06 AM
Ooooh how original. An "omg french military DEFEATS" thread. Nevermind they were considered to be one of the greatest militaries until Germany united and started crapping all over their faces. Plz be less faggoted no matter how gay France still is.

wheelchairman
04-23-2007, 10:23 AM
Yeah World War 1 obviously. And as I recall Napoleon certainly did some things with winning wars and stuff.

I mean you can turn it around. Which one of England's colonies actually liked the English?

0r4ng3
04-23-2007, 10:24 AM
That first post/the thread starter makes me actually want to support the French. Ugh.

Bazza
04-23-2007, 10:31 AM
That first post/the thread starter makes me actually want to support the French. Ugh.

Check out his post in the Gun Control thread, truly disgusting.

Mota Boy
04-23-2007, 10:40 AM
i mean come on i been studying history and all i see is england bitch slaping them since the dawn of timeSo, have you gotten to England's record against the US yet?

Yeah World War 1 obviouslyInterestingly enough, the French were all but planning on surrendering Paris to the Germans in the first few weeks of the war but for one general who marshaled all the taxis in the City of [head]Lights to race troops to the front. So they were pretty damned close to screwing up that one too.

Still, those SOBs tore some shit up under Napoleon.

Bazza
04-23-2007, 10:45 AM
So, have you gotten to England's record against the US yet?

I had to look up the American War of Independence since I know nothing about it, and found this gem (good old wikipedia):

Throughout the war, the British were able to use their naval superiority to capture and occupy coastal cities, but control of the countryside (where 90% of the population lived) largely eluded them. After an American victory at Saratoga in 1777, France, with Spain and the Netherlands as its allies, entered the war against Britain. French involvement proved decisive, with a French naval victory in the Chesapeake leading to the surrender of a British army at Yorktown in 1781. The Treaty of Paris in 1783 ended the war and recognized the sovereignty of the United States over the territory bounded by what is now Canada to the North, Florida to the South, and the Mississippi River to the west.

So I guess the French helped the American's beat us!?

Lodat225
04-23-2007, 10:49 AM
Yeah. I edited that.

JohnnyNemesis
04-23-2007, 12:09 PM
Ooooh how original. An "omg french military DEFEATS" thread. Nevermind they were considered to be one of the greatest militaries until Germany united and started crapping all over their faces. Plz be less faggoted no matter how gay France still is.

I'm with Mr. Crack on this one.

O'Reilly would be ashamed.

http://i16.tinypic.com/2rhafex.jpg

Bazza
04-23-2007, 12:54 PM
He reminds me of the presenter for Eurotrash.

WebDudette
04-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Have you never heard the name Napoleon? Famous for leading the way to creating a rather large French empire.

Bazza
04-23-2007, 03:16 PM
And even though this pains me to say, 1066 Battle of Hastings.

patoff10
04-23-2007, 03:23 PM
What about your war in Irak ? A success !

Bazza
04-23-2007, 03:24 PM
What about your war in Irak ? A success !

That's America's war, we were just roped into it.

WebDudette
04-23-2007, 03:24 PM
I thought the French weren't participating in the war in Iraq? Even if they were that hardly counts.

Bazza
04-23-2007, 03:28 PM
I thought the French weren't participating in the war in Iraq? Even if they were that hardly counts.

I think he's trying to state that "our" war in Iraq was a failure.

WebDudette
04-23-2007, 03:31 PM
I think he's trying to state that "our" war in Iraq was a failure.

Ahh, I missed the 'your' part of his post.

Sin Studly
04-23-2007, 07:00 PM
And as I recall Napoleon certainly did some things with winning wars and stuff.

Still, those SOBs tore some shit up under Napoleon.

Have you never heard the name Napoleon? Famous for leading the way to creating a rather large French empire.

Up until Borodino field, after which Napoleon threw a fucking hissy fit and started acting like a rape victim and sniffled in his tent while his generals got their shit torn out of them because he was a crying little baby. How French of them. "We kick le butt, we kick le butt, we kick le butt.... oh, look, a minor setback. Let's all go and cry and not le fight anymore"

Which one of England's colonies actually liked the English?

New Zealand still likes them.

So, have you gotten to England's record against the US yet?

Ah, so here's the win. I was looking around for it.

Paint_It_Black
04-26-2007, 07:02 AM
i mean come on i been studying history and all i see is england bitch slaping them since the dawn of time lol :eek:

Oh, well since you've been studying history I assume you're aware that for a while the official language of England was French. Maybe that's why you're so bad at English.

All About Eve
04-26-2007, 08:00 AM
Yeah, everyone seems to be forgetting the Middle Ages and all that.