PDA

View Full Version : The Offspring In The Simpsons

icklebabygremlin
04-23-2007, 05:42 AM
My brother was doing some media work on the simpsons the other day
and he was reading up on the 300th ep

and it said that the offspring was going to be the band in it in tony hawks apartment but because Blink-182 where a bigger bang at the time they had them in the show.

It would of been great if the offspring were in it!

Biggest offspring fan
04-23-2007, 07:04 AM
That sux, offspring have never been in the Simpson's. To bad.

Jack-UK
04-23-2007, 08:14 AM
They deserve to be in the dam movie :P

Or put them in family guy.. just as good.

Steady
04-23-2007, 08:17 AM
Damn! Would have been ace to see them in simpsons :(

F@ BANKZ
04-23-2007, 08:41 AM
My bet is they'll end up on the Simpsons some day.

Grabbal
04-23-2007, 09:03 AM

Hypodermic_89
04-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Offspring + Simpsons = South Park loses viewers. :)

TheOldMark
04-23-2007, 12:38 PM
My brother was doing some media work on the simpsons the other day
and he was reading up on the 300th ep

and it said that the offspring was going to be the band in it in tony hawks apartment but because Blink-182 where a bigger bang at the time they had them in the show.

It would of been great if the offspring were in it!

they did say they would be on it, but this would seriously surprise me.

coolignition
04-23-2007, 12:42 PM
I think we've still got plenty of time left of the Simpsons for them to make an appearance. i hope so, i love when bands make special appearances. Smashing Pumpkins and White Stripes were the best ones.

nameless
04-23-2007, 02:40 PM
i wouldnt think it would be that special if they were in the simpsons, blink 182 must have only been on for about 15 seconds!

Jakebert
04-23-2007, 02:45 PM
As the board's resident Simpsons expert, I can say that the rumors about the Offspring originally being scheduled to be on the show are false. Usually, the show goes with the most popular act first, then will go down the list if necessary. Blink 182 are the more popular band, and therefore were probably one of, if not the, top choice. The Offspring may have been on the list further down, but I guarentee that they weren't on the list over Blink.

And I never, ever want to see the Offspring on the Simpsons. Nothing personal against them, it's just that usually most musical guest appearances on the Simpsons are cheesy and weak, and I don't expect the Offspring to be any different.

Llamas
04-23-2007, 02:54 PM
I agree with Jakebert. The only musical appearance I liked on the show was Smashing Pumpkins.

Bazza
04-23-2007, 03:14 PM
Nothing personal against them, it's just that usually most musical guest appearances on the Simpsons are cheesy and weak, and I don't expect the Offspring to be any different.

I think the Simpsons in general has become cheesy and weak. They should've quit whilst they were ahead. Although as I child I always hoped the Offspring would make an appearance, but sadly they didn't. :(

Venom Symbiote
04-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Actually, I'm pretty sure the original poster is right. I remember reading something about this too. It was the Huck Jam episode, and from memory Blink wasn't even a part of that tour/show/whatever. The Offspring were originally scheduled, but for whatever reason it was switched to Blink.

I don't have a direct source to link to, but I'm pretty sure I've read that before too.

WebDudette
04-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Or put them in family guy.. just as good.

No, just no.
I'm not sure I would want to see the Offspring on the Simpsons.

bouncingcoles
04-23-2007, 07:09 PM
fuck blink182. offspring should have been on it

TheOldMark
04-23-2007, 10:10 PM
And I never, ever want to see the Offspring on the Simpsons. Nothing personal against them, it's just that usually most musical guest appearances on the Simpsons are cheesy and weak, and I don't expect the Offspring to be any different.

i dunno, I think RHCP had a great appearance. Im not really sure where the offspring would fit in though, because theyre not as big of an act.

zacsta
04-23-2007, 11:58 PM
yeh im so sick of the simpsons now, every episode is just about homer and marge basically breaking up, and the show dosnt really go anywhere and it just sorta... finishes. they should definately quit now before they get any worse.
plus if offspring or anything were on family guy you would be guaranteed that they would be ridiculed.
family guy rocks!

Jakebert
04-24-2007, 03:57 AM
Actually, I'm pretty sure the original poster is right. I remember reading something about this too. It was the Huck Jam episode, and from memory Blink wasn't even a part of that tour/show/whatever. The Offspring were originally scheduled, but for whatever reason it was switched to Blink.

I don't have a direct source to link to, but I'm pretty sure I've read that before too.

Yes, the Offspring were on the tour, but that doesn't mean that they were supposed to be cast on the show. They weren't casting the tour itself, they were casting celebrities in general.

i dunno, I think RHCP had a great appearance. Im not really sure where the offspring would fit in though, because theyre not as big of an act.

Most of the early guest appearances were decent, but every musical guest appearance since like season 9 have been "oh hey, we're *insert band*, then walk off.

Plus, James Brown's guest shot > RHCP any day.

Stranger With Candy
04-24-2007, 07:42 AM
Michael Jackson guest appearance > All other music guest appearances

Ninty Man
04-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Michael Jackson guest appearance > All other music guest appearances

MMM... you mean the "insane" Michael Jackson?

Grabbal
04-24-2007, 10:35 AM

TheOldMark
04-24-2007, 11:13 AM
yeh im so sick of the simpsons now, every episode is just about homer and marge basically breaking up, and the show dosnt really go anywhere and it just sorta... finishes. they should definately quit now before they get any worse.
plus if offspring or anything were on family guy you would be guaranteed that they would be ridiculed.
family guy rocks!

the show needs to finish.. but the movie is gonna kick ass, and it has a chance of picking up the episode quality afterwards.

Most of the early guest appearances were decent, but every musical guest appearance since like season 9 have been "oh hey, we're *insert band*, then walk off.

yeah, the white stripes had the worst simpsons cameo ever.

JohnnyNemesis
04-24-2007, 11:17 AM
I think The Ramones had the best one ever.

"Hey, up yours, Springfield!"

"Go to hell, ya old bastard!"

"Hey, I think they liked us!"

F@ BANKZ
04-24-2007, 11:40 AM
"Have the Rolling Stones killed"
"But Sir the..."
"Just do what I said!"

Spinal Tap were good too.

Jakebert
04-24-2007, 12:21 PM
I think The Ramones had the best one ever.

"Hey, up yours, Springfield!"

"Go to hell, ya old bastard!"

"Hey, I think they liked us!"

I still prefer James Brown yelling "That band stand wasn't double-bolted!"

SaiKYoU
04-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Tony Hawk's simpsons episode is fuckin stupid... thanks they used Blink 182...

also, Ramones made the best guest appearence...

Original prankstA
04-24-2007, 04:07 PM
i remember really liking the who's guest appearence but i don't really remember what happend.

Manic Subsidal Boy
04-24-2007, 04:44 PM
The Who's wasn't as good as the Ramones but it'd be the best apart from it.

Original prankstA
04-24-2007, 05:47 PM
i loved the ramones, i just thought i'd bring up the who

RoxnRollBassist
04-24-2007, 07:31 PM
oh man i forgot about the ramones being on there. That was fucking halarious!

DeAtHsTaR
04-24-2007, 07:37 PM
When were the Ramones on the Simpsons?

JohnnyNemesis
04-24-2007, 08:01 PM
The title of the episode is "Rosebud", I believe...and I THINK it's from Season 5, but I'm not sure. It's the one where Mr. Burns loses his bear (Bobo) and wants it back.

hobojoe44
04-24-2007, 10:29 PM

Ya most long time Simpsons fans will say that the episode quality dropped around 99. Which could be to numerous factors. but it was still watchable

But over the last few years the quality has taken I nose dive. The last sideshow bob episode is a good example of this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Simpsons#Criticism_of_declining_quality

Jakebert
04-25-2007, 04:07 AM
The title of the episode is "Rosebud", I believe...and I THINK it's from Season 5, but I'm not sure. It's the one where Mr. Burns loses his bear (Bobo) and wants it back.

Yep, season 5.

Also, out of kindess to teh modz and out of support of my own thread, there's a Simpson thread somewhere in the Off Topic section that we could take the rest of the conversation to instead of getting this far off topic.

F@ BANKZ
04-25-2007, 07:54 AM
I'm with Jakebert for once, this isn't going to be very Offspring related if it stays open.

Spud
04-25-2007, 05:31 PM
I've only seen the first 13 seasons, but so far, I say that the ramones had the best appearance, followed by U2, and then the Who.

Ninty Man
04-25-2007, 06:08 PM
I've only seen the first 13 seasons, but so far, I say that the ramones had the best appearance, followed by U2, and then the Who.

Oh yeah... that was hilarious

zacsta
04-26-2007, 12:01 AM
probably the worst simpsons episode ive seen is the one where homer becomes a snitch in prison. the thing i absolutely hated was the side story of bart and lisa finding out that another family was playing with snowball and the total runtime of the side story was like 1-2min, and bart ended up going into the house and then he comes out saying its so great in there,
then it goes back to the main story with homer and then the episode finishes and you dont hear about the snowball incident again.

i admit i havnt seen much of the recent episodes, but just from seing a few i can tell they're absolutly horrible. and matt groening even said that the simpsons these days is so much more creative adn better quality than in the past. he could not be any more wrong, they have very little jokes in them these days and seem like they only go for 10min

Stranger With Candy
04-26-2007, 12:05 AM
Post it in this (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28007) thread zacsta.

offy
04-26-2007, 01:12 AM
The new album could lead them to come on.

Or the other way round: By playing in The Simpsons, people will start wondering what The Offspring is currently up to and buy their new album...maybe

yay
04-26-2007, 01:26 AM
Green Day are gonna be in the Simpsons movie. Thats gonna be awesome!!

zacsta
04-27-2007, 05:04 PM
i dunno if people are still meant to be posting in this thread but it is offspring related.
i just watched that episode this morning and it'd would've been pretty cool to have the offspring instead of fricking blink 182.
dexter: lets trash this place
noodles: wait till we get paid first
dex: sweeeeet

Venom Symbiote
04-27-2007, 06:25 PM

Horrible. So much of the horribility. And stuff.

ZagmenO
04-27-2007, 07:27 PM

:eek: Where'd you hear that!? That's should be sweet!!!!!!!

DeAtHsTaR
04-28-2007, 12:48 PM

I saw that one, but I don't remember The Ramones...

Ninty Man
04-28-2007, 10:28 PM
I saw that one, but I don't remember The Ramones...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_433QHIzqQ

Here it is

GO TO HELL YOU OLD BASTARD XD :D

yay
04-29-2007, 03:26 AM
:eek: Where'd you hear that!? That's should be sweet!!!!!!!Its been on heaps of websites, but heres one: http://www.nme.com/news/green-day/26863.

Here is a picture as well

http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/greendaysimpsonsbig.jpg

Stranger With Candy
04-29-2007, 06:30 AM
They forgot to draw his makeup.

JohnnyNemesis
04-29-2007, 09:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_433QHIzqQ

I love that clip sooooooo much haha.

Did anyone notice this comment though:

Also, did you know in this episode it says that Mr. Burns birthday is September 15th, and Johnny Ramone died September 15, 2004?

If that's true...then like....y'know....whoooooooa.

ZagmenO
04-29-2007, 09:30 AM
Its been on heaps of websites, but heres one: http://www.nme.com/news/green-day/26863.

Here is a picture as well

http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/greendaysimpsonsbig.jpg

Awesome! The trailer on the site rocked, too.