PDA

View Full Version : French elections

patoff10
04-23-2007, 09:22 AM
Nobody cares about the French elections ? A french Bush mix with a french Hitler may be the next president of France... :(

Bazza
04-23-2007, 09:26 AM
We have local elections next week, and the BNP are stongly tipped to do well in certain areas. But does anyone care? No. I asked a friend of mine (who studies politics) if he was going to vote, and he replied with "No, nobody cares about local elections, they don't change anything". Now obviously the elections in France will affect your government, but then again I guess only the French would care about it.

Whiplash
04-23-2007, 09:26 AM
You are so right, We really don't care. At least most of us don't, It's not because it's the frence elections most of us just don't like foreign elections in general.

Nice try though;)

patoff10
04-23-2007, 09:33 AM
Okay I wanted just to know :p

F@ BANKZ
04-23-2007, 09:43 AM
the BNP are stongly tipped to do well in certain areas.

Oh dear God no!

Bazza
04-23-2007, 09:47 AM
Oh dear God no!

Yep, they're creeping in through the backdoor because there are many disillusioned voters who have lost faith in Labour, but don’t want to vote for the Tories or Lib Dems. However I would add that the BNP will probably only get a few seats and they’ll be in areas that are, how do I put this nicely, a bit backwards. Personally I’m going to vote Labour, no matter what, but then again I live in a Conservative stronghold, so my vote will make very little difference but I’ll still use it.

And this should really be in the Politics forum.
Edit: Thank you

F@ BANKZ
04-23-2007, 09:56 AM
If I had the vote yet, ideally i would vote Green but there isn't always a Green party candidate so out of the main 3 partys I'd vote Liberal Democrats.

Bazza
04-23-2007, 10:01 AM
If I had the vote yet, ideally i would vote Green but there isn't always a Green party candidate so out of the main 3 partys I'd vote Liberal Democrats.

Oh dear, I guess when you're older and you have things like taxes, pensions, NI contributions etc etc to think about then you might change your mind!

wheelchairman
04-23-2007, 11:10 AM
I pay 39% taxes and I would vote green. In fact voting left wing is what helps me keep my high pay, free education, and health care. And guarantees me a basic amount of money when I retire as well.

And by green, I just chose to ignore the fact that european greens talk about the environment occassionaly. I wish they would stop.

Also I do find elections interesting. Not because they play any large role in people's every day lives, but because they don't. The French elections are very much typical of this.

Bazza
04-23-2007, 11:26 AM
I think maybe the Green party in your country differs slightly from ours. They are never really taken seriously in England, possibly damaging their prospects of ever getting into power or getting a decent number of seats in the UK parliament. Out of curiosity, how are they perceived in your country? Is the green party one of the top three, or is it not widely popular?

In England the party you vote for tends to depend on your social class. Under the Conservative government pensions and child benefit were frozen, seriously affecting middle to lower classes. I guess that’s why I vote Labour, since I’m middle class and know that I’d be worse off under a Conservative government, yet voting for anything other than Labour would remove serious opposition from the Conservatives.

Mota Boy
04-23-2007, 11:28 AM
From my limited understanding, there isn't any particularly good choice for the French presidency, though it's a shame that the country seems poised to further entrench and radicalize on both sides of the Muslim issue (and by "both sides" I mean "Muslims and non-Muslims").

wheelchairman
04-23-2007, 11:31 AM
I think maybe the Green party in your country differs slightly from ours. They are never really taken seriously in England, possibly damaging their prospects of ever getting into power or getting a decent number of seats in the UK parliament. Out of curiosity, how are they perceived in your country? Is the green party one of the top three, or is it not widely popular?

In England the party you vote for tends to depend on your social class. Under the Conservative government pensions and child benefit were frozen, seriously affecting middle to lower classes. I guess that’s why I vote Labour, since I’m middle class and know that I’d be worse off under a Conservative government, yet voting for anything other than Labour would remove serious opposition from the Conservatives.

The greens are the furthest party to the left here. And they are only greens in name. I don't think I've ever heard them talk about the environment. Only when it comes to list reasons why they don't like the EU. They are pretty small though. I can't think of a party with less seats than them. Hmm. But they were the only left wing party to not continually lose seats in parliament.

Bazza
04-23-2007, 11:34 AM
Ah, I see. In the UK they are far more environmentally orientated, so much so as to confuse them with some sort of faction of Greenpeace!

I think their policies on tax etc aren't very realistic, small parties have a habit of doing that. There is one party in England, Veritas, that stated it wanted to raise the minimum wage to about £8 (an increase of 100%), so it's easier to stick with the main parties and listen to them.

Edit: Back to the French election and polictics malarky: wasn't it the French who banned religious headdress in classes?

Mota Boy
04-23-2007, 03:03 PM
who fucking cares about the moslemsPrecisely.

Iamstupid
04-23-2007, 03:10 PM
who fucking cares about the moslems

& yeah we did

et à part ça t'as voté pour ki patoff? g voté bayrou... un coup ds l'eau, koi. allez rdv ds 5 ans on c ki c notre futur président... ou devrais-je dire dictateur? quel enculé ce mec. quel manipulateur; quel tordu. tu te rends compte ses propos sur l'eugénisme? les gènes de l'homosexualité & des serial killers? les gènes du trouducuisme ouais. pov' type. et ségo, quelle abrutie, mais quelle cruche. ah on est pas vernis c moi ki te le dis.

What Sarko said about serial killers and homosexuals :confused:

patoff10
04-23-2007, 04:20 PM
J'ai voté Besancenot mais Bayrou je suis un peu déçu pour lui, pour l'homme en tout cas car son programme est un peu trop à droite... Essaye de convaincre tous les Bayroutistes à voter Ségolène lol :p (même si je vote pour elle uniquement pour battre Sarko)

JohnnyNemesis
04-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Maria should stick to making posts filled with hilariously false assumptions about men from various ethnic groups.

At least in those cases, being uninformed brings the rest of us amusement.

wheelchairman
04-23-2007, 05:53 PM
So Paris isn't stricken by riots periodically?

Sin Studly
04-23-2007, 08:03 PM
A french Bush mix with a french Hitler may be the next president of France... :(

Wasn't Hitler already the president of France once?

patoff10
04-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Wasn't Hitler already the president of France once?
You mean Pétain ?

Sin Studly
04-24-2007, 03:19 AM
No, I mean Hitler.

http://library.thinkquest.org/12663/media/img/hitler_france.jpg

Mota Boy
04-24-2007, 02:54 PM
...says the Greek.

But back to the main topic, what's the latest news?