PDA

View Full Version : sum 41 underclass hero

RODNEYMULLEN
04-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Cd
http://torrentreactor.net/view.php?id=1159006
Bonus Tracks
This Is Goodbye 320 Kbps Mp3 (http://www.savefile.com/files/894557)
No Apologies 320 Kbps Mp3 (http://www.savefile.com/files/894564)
Take A Look At Yourself (Itunes Bonus Track)192 Kbps Mp3 (http://www.savefile.com/files/930840)

Album Cover
http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/4340/00sum41underclassherojpnk1.jpg

Back
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/9344/00sum41underclassherojpny6.jpg

Cd Art
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2417/00sum41underclassherojpui7.jpg

T-6005
04-25-2007, 03:50 PM
It sounds like Sum 41 went back to the sound of All Killer No Filler (which I thought was fun, light pop-punk that didn't take itself seriously - what's need, what) but wanted to put in an American Idiot twist.

I hope the rest of the album isn't like that.

Apathy
04-25-2007, 04:17 PM
It sounds like someone chopped up American Idiot songs and spliced them all together. I didn't like it.

I got rid of all my Sum 41 cds recently, but I remember liking Chuck and AKNF a lot when they first came out.

jacknife737
04-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Sure it sounds like an American Idiot b-side, but its enjoyable.

Apathy
04-25-2007, 07:14 PM
It's a strictly worse rip-off of something I didn't like in the first place.

Original prankstA
04-25-2007, 07:52 PM
i have to admit i liked it alot. i think sum 41 is a decent bad and deserves more credit as a band, they aren't that bad as a whole and i like a lot of their riffs.

Grabbal
04-25-2007, 09:48 PM

All About Eve
04-25-2007, 09:49 PM
Is what's his name coming back to play guitar?

Llamas
04-26-2007, 02:55 AM
The last album they released was full of songs that were clearly ripped off from other bands... it makes me sad that this new song does the same, because I like their sound. I didn't like AKNF, cause of the "rap" shit. But the other albums were good.

This song actually really, really, sounds like a b-side from Blink 182's Take Off Your Pants.... ugh.

H1T_That
04-26-2007, 10:01 AM
The song sounds extremely weak.

I am dissapointed.

F@ BANKZ
04-26-2007, 10:09 AM
I liked it enough, Sum 41 are cool: not a great band but their music is usually great, easy listening

Forza
04-26-2007, 02:23 PM
Definitely Blink 182 :)

Llamas
04-26-2007, 02:27 PM
I liked it enough, Sum 41 are cool: not a great band but their music is usually great, easy listening

Sure, easy listening... which unfortunately makes them blend into the mass of other easy listening punk pop groups. Sum 41 used to have some sound elements that made them distinguishable from other acts... this song sounds like a hugely generic pile of blah. :-/

Definitely Blink 182 :)
Exactly. And the last three blink albums were bland and generic, as well. The s/t was bland and generic in a different way, but still. And Sum 41 seem to have fallen into that style with this song.

Perhaps the rest of the album is better than this song, though. I'd like to check it out at some point. I mean, Chuck was nothing but ripped off songs, and I still enjoyed it.

Forza
04-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Perhaps the rest of the album is better than this song, though. I'd like to check it out at some point. I mean, Chuck was nothing but ripped off songs, and I still enjoyed it.

I sure hope so, Sum 41 was always very enjoyable. The song The Bitter End was surprisingly good and I hope for a song like that on this album. That would make everything good :)

bouncingcoles
04-27-2007, 06:03 PM
it sounds like all killer no filler but about politics. im guessing they did this because their more recent albums didnt do so well since they were heavier. i prefer does this look infected and chuck but this album might be decent. im definetly gonna give it a listen.

nameless
04-27-2007, 07:00 PM
i havent listened to any of their latest music but its interesting that many people think it sounds like green day and blink 182. to me, they have always seemed like they wanted to be green day and blink 182, parts of their songs and a lot of their live show seems to be taking parts from each band. they have decent ideas and songs that work but you can hear their influences a little too much.

they had their breakthrough at the right time, it was when pop punk was becomming really popular, if they had their major release at the present time i dont think they would have the same success!

Grabbal
04-28-2007, 02:02 AM

NMHFBD
04-29-2007, 07:04 AM
I mean, Chuck was nothing but ripped off songs, and I still enjoyed it.

examples please.every song..who was it ripped off from.from first one to last. except the bitter end as someone said it was mitallica ripp off

Llamas
04-29-2007, 07:58 AM
I don't remember all of them, but here's what I remember.

No Reason is a ripoff of Papa Roach's Infest.

We're all to Blame is a ripoff of System of a Down's Chop Suey.

And yes, The Bitter End is a Metallica ripoff.

There are others... that's all I remember.

Grabbal
04-29-2007, 08:03 AM

Forza
04-29-2007, 08:33 AM
Rip off ... right. It's not ripping really, just doing something that's already been done and only reminiscent of it, not an exact copy. That's basically what every band does. When was the last time you really heard something original?

Grabbal
04-29-2007, 08:42 AM

Llamas
04-29-2007, 08:48 AM
Rip off ... right. It's not ripping really, just doing something that's already been done and only reminiscent of it, not an exact copy. That's basically what every band does. When was the last time you really heard something original?

When half the songs on an album have these kinds of similarities, it's not accident. And it's not only reminiscent. The entire structure of We're All To Blame is the same as Chop Suey. There are slight differences, but barely. And the rhythm, chord progression, and tempo of of No Reason is the same as Infest. These aren't just slight reminders.

BustedKnuckles
04-29-2007, 12:25 PM

I'm sorry, I have trouble figuring out how We're All to Blame is a ripoff of Chop Suey. The only thing I can make out maybe...MAYBE is that the versus are fast and the chorus is slow, but you have to be damn picky if you think that is ripping it off.

Llamas
04-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Are you serious? Examples:

"take everything from me"

is the same rhythm and guitar chords as "angels deserve to die"

The guitar part between lines of the verse is the same.

"And we're all to blame" is the same as "think you trust in my"

The guitar part over the top during the chorus is extremely similar.

If you can't hear these similarities, you probably don't know anything about playing music.

Yatesy
04-29-2007, 01:53 PM
Trying to figure out if it's ripping Green Day or Blink more, overall not impressive.

BustedKnuckles
04-29-2007, 03:00 PM
Are you serious? Examples:

"take everything from me"

is the same rhythm and guitar chords as "angels deserve to die"

The guitar part between lines of the verse is the same.

"And we're all to blame" is the same as "think you trust in my"

The guitar part over the top during the chorus is extremely similar.

If you can't hear these similarities, you probably don't know anything about playing music.

Hey fuck you llama lover. Let me go back and listen to it a little deeper I just wanted you to explain it a little more because I wasn't hearing it when I listened to a little bit of it...not like it matters...System of a Down doesn't inspire me to do anything other than destroy their records.

EDIT: Besides, I'm not defending Sum 41 either, the new song is a ripoff, no doubt...catchy tune, but a ripoff.

NMHFBD
04-30-2007, 03:55 AM

too bad you don't remember the others... i just listened to metallica's battery and i'm kind of shocked now ,sum 41 song sound exactly like battery! ripoff as it is. then i listened to infest and no reason, i see no similarities. maybe these songs have some alikeness but i don't see any. no reason is much better.plus there's no rap in no reason. ok,now i'm listening to chop suey and we're all to blame tryng to find the similarities...yep i guess these songs definitely have something similiar.too hard to notice at a glance but it's not like battery which is a total ripoff.

all in all, i'll give them 2 out of 3. i haven't noticed anything between infest and no reason.

Llamas
04-30-2007, 04:10 AM
I should have specified... with Infest/No Reason, it's just the intro that's almost exactly the same. The rest of the song spins off into something different.

SaiKYoU
04-30-2007, 09:22 AM
they sound somehow a lil bit similar to unwritten law, what annoys me... hope the rest of the songs are better, and this one is the "fat lip" one... but in fact i liked it...

_lSdBoY_
05-02-2007, 01:11 PM
For me it' s a band which later will become rather famous cause of there style of music, lyrics which have meaning (not only mere verbiage)...

0r4ng3
05-02-2007, 01:17 PM
I think they've already been rather famous. I'm not saying that they're only going downhill at this point, but I think they've had a lot of commercial success already.

Also, they released the song "Underclass Hero" on their MySpace page today.

http://www.myspace.com/sum41

Some fans will notice that the chorus sounds familiar. It's reworked from the b-side "Subject to Change".

Apathy
05-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Dain pointed out one song a while ago that was literally exactly the same in the tempo, rhythym, and pitch. The only thing different was the actual words. The sad part was that it was a Nickelback song. If you're going to steal music at least try to steal good music.

Grabbal
05-02-2007, 01:28 PM

FrancoDaHui
05-02-2007, 03:00 PM
no

i want new material, not just recycled b sides. I hope the rest of the album sound better

0r4ng3
05-02-2007, 03:07 PM
I think you missed the point. It's a completely new song. They just reworked the chorus from a former rare song into it, and it sounds much better. Or at least, it sounds much different. I'm looking forward to the new album, even if it does sound a bit like All Killer No Filler.

Thomas
05-02-2007, 05:57 PM
*sigh*

They just aren't the same without Dave........

FrancoDaHui
05-02-2007, 06:36 PM
I think you missed the point. It's a completely new song. They just reworked the chorus from a former rare song into it, and it sounds much better. Or at least, it sounds much different. I'm looking forward to the new album, even if it does sound a bit like All Killer No Filler.

yeah, i know they changed the chorus but subject to change wasnt rare

my chuck cd has it as a bonus track

anyway, it's not that bad but i prefer the dave days :p

SaiKYoU
05-03-2007, 04:53 AM
*sigh*

They just aren't the same without Dave........

of course they're not... hope Dave gets into a true new project and not another "staedy ground" ...

Llamas
05-03-2007, 05:00 AM
I hope you don't mean "famous" by that. I really enjoy Steady Ground.

Grabbal
05-03-2007, 07:14 AM

0r4ng3
05-03-2007, 10:24 AM
There's no new guy. It's just 3 of them, with a possible touring guitarist.

Grabbal
05-03-2007, 10:53 AM

SaiKYoU
05-03-2007, 11:48 AM
he was teh best of the band, with the drummer... he put the heavy on the song, and after listening to the songs seems all that heavy left the band...

Grabbal
05-03-2007, 02:28 PM

DeAtHsTaR
05-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Does anyone feel that Underclass Hero is an exact copy of Fat Lip?

antmanPL
05-06-2007, 09:10 AM
You wanted new song, so I uploaded them...
They're really good, but it's not the same that All Killer no Filler ;/
"March of the Dogs"
LINK1: http://rapidshare.com/files/27001352/March_of_the_Dogs.mp3.html
LINK2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KIT8QGSO
"Underclass Hero"
LINK1: http://rapidshare.com/files/29817697/Sum_41_-_Underclass_Hero.mp3.html
LINK2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6IMD5FAJ

Grabbal
05-06-2007, 09:32 AM

nameless
05-06-2007, 03:01 PM
he was teh best of the band, with the drummer... he put the heavy on the song, and after listening to the songs seems all that heavy left the band...

steve is ok but dave was the only member to me who really seemed like he could strut his stuff!

RODNEYMULLEN
05-07-2007, 07:30 PM
I think they've already been rather famous. I'm not saying that they're only going downhill at this point, but I think they've had a lot of commercial success already.

Also, they released the song "Underclass Hero" on their MySpace page today.

http://www.myspace.com/sum41

Some fans will notice that the chorus sounds familiar. It's reworked from the b-side "Subject to Change".

HOLY SHIT, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, FUCK YEAH , THIS IS AWSOME, Why isn't offspring releasing one of there finished songs, if they did that i would have a fucking heart attack.

SaiKYoU
05-08-2007, 12:41 AM
cause Dex is busy drinkin beer at the moment...

RODNEYMULLEN
05-29-2007, 03:36 PM
THEY RELEASED THIER UNDERCLASS HERO VIDEO FINALLY!!!!!!!!!
http://www6.islandrecords.com/site/artist_av.php?artist_id=259

BustedKnuckles
05-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Does anyone feel that Underclass Hero is an exact copy of Fat Lip?

Yeah now that you mention it.

well i wont be caught living in a dead end job
or pray to a government guns and gods
now its us against them
we're here to represent
stare right in the face of the establishment
and i dont believe
stand on my own
wasting the use
speak for yourself

cause we're doing fine
and we don't need to be told
and we're doing fine
cause we won't give you control
and we don't need anything from you
and we'll be just fine
cause we won't be bought and sold
just like you

and then Fat Lip...
I know Im not the one you thought you knew back in high school
Never going, ever showing up when we had to.
Is it attention that we crave dont tell us to behave,
Im sick of always hearing act your age.

I dont want to waste my time
Become aother casualty of society.
Ill never fall in line
Become another victim of your conformity
And back down.

SuperKnux
05-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Hm. So much for getting better with each record. Geez, the new material is really lacking some balls. I don't expect them to make a life changing record or push themselves as artists and musicians, but now it sounds like they don't even want to try. They're just doing re-writes of other songs even more than before.

I like Sum 41 as much as the next guy, but I can tell you I am not going to get this album the first week or maybe at all for that matter.

T-6005
05-29-2007, 08:25 PM
I like the new song. I liked the old stuff. Does This Look Infected was alright and Chuck was basically needless teabagging.

Going back to this is much better - no matter what they say about themselves, Sum 41 are much better when they don't take the sound of their music too seriously.

jacknife737
05-29-2007, 10:01 PM
Going back to this is much better - no matter what they say about themselves, Sum 41 are much better when they don't take the sound of their music too seriously.

Quoted for truth, although i quite liked Does This Look Infected .

RickyCrack
05-30-2007, 12:43 AM
Fagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfa gzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagz fagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfa gzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagz fagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfa gzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagz fagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfa gzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagz fagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfa gzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagz fagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfa gzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagz fagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfa gzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagz fagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagzfagz

Grabbal
05-30-2007, 03:15 AM

BustedKnuckles
05-30-2007, 08:25 AM
I quite like the new music.
Chuck was pretty much horrible so it's good they're going back to the old stuff.

I love the fact that the video is as random as Fat Lip.

Or it's just a copy of Fat Lip with a big fire in the middle.

DeAtHsTaR
05-30-2007, 08:46 AM
Yeah now that you mention it.

well i wont be caught living in a dead end job
or pray to a government guns and gods
now its us against them
we're here to represent
stare right in the face of the establishment
and i dont believe
stand on my own
wasting the use
speak for yourself

cause we're doing fine
and we don't need to be told
and we're doing fine
cause we won't give you control
and we don't need anything from you
and we'll be just fine
cause we won't be bought and sold
just like you

and then Fat Lip...
I know Im not the one you thought you knew back in high school
Never going, ever showing up when we had to.
Is it attention that we crave dont tell us to behave,
Im sick of always hearing act your age.

Ill never fall in line
And back down.

I was talking about the song itself, but holy shit, those lyrics have basically the same subject.

Grabbal
05-30-2007, 09:09 AM

RODNEYMULLEN
05-30-2007, 04:27 PM
i got the video and converted it to mpg, so if anyone wants it, download it from ares because i put it on there, and when the mtv version comes out i'll put it on savefile for anyone who wants it. Wait... i'm going to upload the mpg to savefile, Allright here it is
http://savefile.com/files/766752
and i uploaded it on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTb_3w3oBoA

0r4ng3
05-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Or it's just a copy of Fat Lip with a big fire in the middle.
Actually, my first thought was "Fat Lip at night". But yeah, I'm expecting their next video to be a diving competition...at night.

BustedKnuckles
05-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Actually, my first thought was "Fat Lip at night". But yeah, I'm expecting their next video to be a diving competition...at night.

Or better yet...them pretending to be a hair band singing a "hard" little ditty in front of a screaming audience...at night.

RODNEYMULLEN
06-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Does anyone have the underclass hero video from tv, because i'm sick of watching the glitchy/shity looking one on thier website. If so please upload it.

Grabbal
06-05-2007, 01:06 PM

RODNEYMULLEN
06-05-2007, 01:14 PM
If you uploaded it on YouTube doesn't that mean you have it?

I mean the good version that they show on tv, i have the shity, glitchy, pixelated version from thier website.

nameless
06-05-2007, 02:55 PM
i herad one of their news songs, it wasnt too bad, kinda catchy but not really anything long lasting!

offspringing
06-11-2007, 03:02 PM
does anyone have underclass hero or know where i can download it at

RODNEYMULLEN
06-11-2007, 07:06 PM
does anyone have underclass hero or know where i can download it at

http://www.savefile.com/files/777460

RODNEYMULLEN
06-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Ok i have underclass hero, march of the dogs, and so long, goodbye.
Does anyone know if there are any more leaked songs, anywhere. So if anyone finds any leaked songs or allready knows about them please tell me.

H1T_That
06-20-2007, 03:46 PM
After hearing those ones, why are you desperate to hear the others?

I mean, they're terrible.

SaiKYoU
06-20-2007, 04:02 PM
well maybe the other sonsg are better... first song i heard of "splinetr" was Hit That, and it's not by far the best of the album...

adombomb222
06-20-2007, 04:05 PM
I'm just happy that their coming out with a new album, that means they'll most likely do a headline tour. I don't really mind the new songs, they are more like American Idiot, but if you look at their history, they have changed their sound on every album.

RODNEYMULLEN
06-20-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm just happy that their coming out with a new album, that means they'll most likely do a headline tour. I don't really mind the new songs, they are more like American Idiot, but if you look at their history, they have changed their sound on every album.

They have changed thier sound on albums, exept for does this look infected, because some songs on that sounded like all killer no filler, but then some songs sounded like chuck. And some songs sounded mixed.

adombomb222
06-20-2007, 04:57 PM
True, however, looking at the brood of each album each one has a defined sound that is unique to that album.

RODNEYMULLEN
06-20-2007, 05:04 PM
True, however, looking at the brood of each album each one has a defined sound that is unique to that album.

That's true too. They fucking rule. They don't have one bad song. Even slipping away kicked ass and that was thier worst song. And also thier new song So Long, Goodbye is good and it's acoustic and slow.

adombomb222
06-20-2007, 05:10 PM
Nah, I'd say A.N.I.C is their most disappointing song. It's just very annoying and too short. It's wannabe punk-core; I don't like it at all. Slipping Away, is ok, I think that's it too slow and too low. However, many songs are too low on Chuck.

RODNEYMULLEN
06-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Nah, I'd say A.N.I.C is their most disappointing song. It's just very annoying and too short. It's wannabe punk-core; I don't like it at all. Slipping Away, is ok, I think that's it too slow and too low. However, many songs are too low on Chuck.

Well if you are in to sum 41, which you obviously are you have to hear this.
It's a demo for still waiting and you can obviously tell he was trying to be more hardcore punk with it.
http://www.savefile.com/files/826829
Oh and i also got the album art to underclass hero.
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z293/RODNEYMULLEN123/underclass.jpg
Also, Does anyone know the track listings?

adombomb222
06-20-2007, 08:55 PM
I laughed and cried at the same time, was not very good. 0/10 ... Now I have to figure out how to delete songs off my iTunes, but oh well I have a few albums I've been meaning to get to for a while and take off.

RODNEYMULLEN
06-22-2007, 01:11 PM
I have the leaked version of new maps of hell, is there any leaked version of underclass hero. And don't say if i get it i won't buy the album, becuase i have allready pre ordered it on amazon. So if you know of any songs leaked please tell me.

RODNEYMULLEN
06-27-2007, 11:02 AM
They played one of thier new songs called Walking Disaster on the radio so if anyone has it or knows where i can get it pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssse tell me please.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sum_41
look at the bottom of the section about underclass hero.

RODNEYMULLEN
06-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Wait got it
http://rapidshare.com/files/39531358/01_-_Sum_41_Buzz103_-_Walking_Disaster.mp3

RODNEYMULLEN
06-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Wait got it
http://rapidshare.com/files/39531358/01_-_Sum_41_Buzz103_-_Walking_Disaster.mp3

holy shit, this sounds exactly like march of the dogs
I don't know about you guys but i like march of the dogs alot better than underclass hero

RODNEYMULLEN
06-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Why would you quote your own post and comment on it?

Edit: What's up with the MSN sounds in the song?

i guess when the guy was recording it onto his computer he was doing computer shit.

RODNEYMULLEN
06-29-2007, 01:02 AM
Has this been posted?

Some confirmed song titles.

* "Walking Disaster"
* "So Long, Goodbye"
* "The Jester"
* "Best of Me"
* "Speak of the Devil"
* "Count Your Last Blessings"
* "Pull the Curtain"
* "King of Contradiction"
* "Ma Poubelle"
* "Confusion and Frustration in Modern Times"

There will be 14 songs.

These are the official tracklistings according to amazon
1. Underclass Hero (http://www.savefile.com/files/850163)
2. Walking Disaster (http://www.savefile.com/files/850175)
3. Speak Of The Devil (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=18BA1F743A114E4D)
4. Dear Father
5. Count Your Last Blessings (http://www.savefile.com/files/886181)
6. Ma Poubelle
7. March Of The Dogs (http://www.savefile.com/files/850169)
8. The Jester
9. With Me
10. Pull The Curtain
11. King Of Contradiction
12. Best Of Me
13. Confusion And Frustration In Modern Times
14. So Long Goodbye (http://www.savefile.com/files/850171)

RODNEYMULLEN
07-08-2007, 09:26 PM
They have 45 secont previews for each song. You can download them here (http://www.mediafire.com/?5zbny5wwdmd).

Harnum
07-09-2007, 06:23 AM
Am I the only one that thinks Walking Disaster sounds like something +44 should be playing? Well, the intro at least. Their new songs don't sound good to me at all. All the same stuff over and over again... and it seems like they say "I pledge allegiance" in every they put out now. Stop pledging!

Anyway, I never liked Sum 41 all that much. My brother used to be obsessed. It was a bit
much.

RODNEYMULLEN
07-13-2007, 06:21 PM
count your last blessings got leaked
http://www.savefile.com/files/886181
Theres been alot of talk on the theresnosolution.com forums that the album is going to leak. Because the original name that count your last blessings was leaked from was 05 Count Your Last Blessings.m4a So someone has the album. If anyone finds any leaked songs please post it here.

RODNEYMULLEN
07-14-2007, 04:37 PM
Speak of the devil just got leaked too.
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=18BA1F743A114E4D

RODNEYMULLEN
07-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Alright you want more, Heres the whole fuckin album.
http://www.mediafire.com/?22xmmmtjtzw
http://rapidshare.com/files/42972434/s41uch2007.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/42973561/S41-Underclass_Hero-2007.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/42971362/Sum_41-Underclass_Hero-2007-SAW.rar.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/42962524/Sum_41-Underclass_Hero-2007-SAW.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/?6lyms3tzs1d
Password: yourundergroundsound.com

BustedKnuckles
07-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Alright you want more, Heres the whole fuckin album.
http://www.mediafire.com/?22xmmmtjtzw
http://rapidshare.com/files/42972434/s41uch2007.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/42973561/S41-Underclass_Hero-2007.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/42971362/Sum_41-Underclass_Hero-2007-SAW.rar.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/42962524/Sum_41-Underclass_Hero-2007-SAW.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/?6lyms3tzs1d
Password: yourundergroundsound.com

So far...I'm unimpressed. Pull the Curtain is ok...not top Sum stuff. What's with the laid back tunes? March of the Dogs and Fat Li...er Underclass Hero are the hardest hitting songs. Walking Disaster is ok too...but why are we pledging allegiance again, as someone else stated. A very mediocre album IMO.

0r4ng3
07-15-2007, 06:59 PM
An early favorite of mine is Count Your Last Blessings.

I think the album is better than All Killer and Chuck, but not as good as Does This Look Infected?. Then again, I don't think that Sum 41 can top that album.

Forza
07-16-2007, 02:02 AM
An early favorite of mine is Count Your Last Blessings.

I think the album is better than All Killer and Chuck, but not as good as Does This Look Infected?. Then again, I don't think that Sum 41 can top that album.

I don't agree with you here; All Killer, No Filler is better than this album, but Chuck and Does This Look Infected? are just a bit worse. Half Hour of Power is still their best work so far :)

bd007h
07-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Pretty good album, despite the fact Best of Me sounds like Hoobastank's The Reason and Dear Father kinda sounds like Blink-182's Adam's Song.

BustedKnuckles
07-16-2007, 03:35 PM
The more I listen to the song Underclass Hero, the more I like it. I liked it in its first incarceration, Fat Lip, so it's no wonder I like it.

RODNEYMULLEN
07-17-2007, 01:19 AM
If you thought the album was the last of the leaks, you were wrong. The bonus tracks got leaked
This is Goodbye (http://www.savefile.com/files/894557)
No Apologies (http://www.savefile.com/files/894564)
They'll be playing Underclass Hero on Jay Leno on the 24th.

BustedKnuckles
07-17-2007, 11:44 PM
If you thought the album was the last of the leaks, you were wrong. The bonus tracks got leaked
This is Goodbye (http://www.savefile.com/files/894557)
No Apologies (http://www.savefile.com/files/894564)
They'll be playing Underclass Hero on Jay Leno on the 24th.

Now I like No Apologies. That's a good one.

BustedKnuckles
07-18-2007, 12:34 AM
And is it just me or is Speak of the Devil a blatant rip off of a Rolling Stones song?

bd007h
07-18-2007, 06:09 AM
And is it just me or is Speak of the Devil a blatant rip off of a Rolling Stones song?

like half the songs on the album sound like they're ripped off from other songs, I just can't put my finger on what songs exactly.

BustedKnuckles
07-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Ok, so this is what we have so far.

Underclass Hero is Fat Lip revamed. Why do I say this?

Notice not the similarity of lyrics, but rather the ideaology behind each song.

Fat Lip

Ill never fall in line
And back down.

Underclass Hero

Well I won’t be caught living in a dead end job
Afraid to a government content cause
No sense against them
We’re here to represent
And stare right in the face of the establishment.

Well because we're doing fine
And we don't need to be told
That we're doing fine
Cause we won't give you control
And we don't need anything from you
Cause we'll be just fine
And we won't be bought and sold
Just like you

Underclass Hero is a much more politically driven song than Fat Lip, however both songs pretty much deal with giving the bird to groups of people set over others: The government and adults placed in positions over children.

Both Underclass's and Fat Lip's music videos could easily be confused by one another. Both feature the band playing amoung a crowd of rowdy adolecents, although Underclass features a fire and the fact it was filmed at "night."

Speaking of the Devil is a blatent rip off of the Rolling Stones Sympathy for the Devil, a much better and well crafted song.

Here is Sum 41's Speaking of lyrics

I've seen many a face
From young and too old
I've stolen their faith and I have broken their souls
Was here before Christ had forgave you your sins
And paid your price and sealed your fate within
Days have come to an end
Today's the day that we meet again
The self inflicted inebriation guilt never lies

Now here are the Rolling Stone's lyrics

Ive been around for a long, long year
Stole many a mans soul and faith
And I was round when jesus christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that pilate

and later

Just call me lucifer
cause Im in need of some restraint
So if you meet me
Have some courtesy
Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse
Or Ill lay your soul to waste, um yeah

March of the Dogs opens with a spoken bit in AM mono...or whatever it's called, and is a politically driven song. Sound familer? It should. Holiday by Green Day does the exact same thing, although it does not open with the spoken.

Here is a line from Holiday that makes me wonder exactly where from Deryk (sp?) got his inspiration.

Hear the dogs howling out of key
To a hymn called "Faith and Misery" (Hey!)
And bleed, the company lost the war today

Plus we have Best of Me sounding like Hoobastank and Dear Father like Blink-182.

Good job Sum 41.

bd007h
07-18-2007, 07:14 PM
Underclass Hero is also has the same chorus as their song Subject To Change, a b-side from one of the Chuck singles. Another thing about Subject to Change is part of the song is also in their song No Reason

jacknife737
07-24-2007, 02:03 PM
So I finally picked up Underclass Hero today, and gave it a couple listens, and for the most part it was enjoyable. Sure the lyrics were horrible, and more then a couple songs seemed to have a “borrowed” sound to them. But in the big picture this album is a lot better then the bands previous effort Chuck which to me was mediocre at best (although it did have a couple gems – “88”, “Pieces”, etc). When I put in a Sum 41 cd I want no-frills, catchy pop-punk and Underclass Hero delivered just that.

RODNEYMULLEN
07-24-2007, 04:16 PM
Go to thier website to watch them play most of the songs from the album live. And watch The Tonight Show with Jay Leno tonight because sum 41 will be on playing walking disaster.

RODNEYMULLEN
07-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Theres another bunus track that only came with itunes. It's called Take A Look At Yourself.
http://www.savefile.com/files/930840

RODNEYMULLEN
08-13-2007, 12:46 AM
They have allready made a Walking Disaster video, it will be released probly in the next few weeks. When it comes out i will post it here. But i'm going to be in new york all next week so if it comes out then i'll be pissed. The video takes place in a toy store.

RODNEYMULLEN
08-13-2007, 12:59 PM
I had thought they were going to make thier next video for Confusion and frustration in modern times but i was wrong. I love the song walking disaster but it shouldn't be one of thier singles.

All About Eve
08-31-2007, 10:51 AM
So I heard "Underclass Hero" on Madden '08. It's actually pretty good.

RODNEYMULLEN
01-17-2008, 03:15 PM
They are planning on releasing another b-side soon.

Jakebert
01-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Is this the only thread you post in?

nameless
01-21-2008, 02:36 PM
like half the songs on the album sound like they're ripped off from other songs, I just can't put my finger on what songs exactly.

its the same with their live set as well, they seem to pinch parts from green day and blink 182s sets!