PDA

View Full Version : The Shows are great, but to short

Fern˘meno
12-30-2004, 01:54 PM
They have seven albuns, they have more than 90 songs to play, they just can't do an 1 hour concert with 21 songs anymore. I don't know man, why the concerts can't be longer, every concert should have 30 songs at least, with an intermission in the 15th song, that's not so hard to do every night. Iron Maiden Plays more than 2 hours on a concert every time, and they are fucking old, why the offspring can do it ? Even Ivete Sangalo and shit bands here in Brasil can play more than 2 hours, this shit pisses me off...

Venezuelan_Nightmare
12-30-2004, 05:21 PM
They have seven albuns, they have more than 90 songs to play, they just can't do an 1 hour concert with 21 songs anymore. I don't know man, why the concerts can't be longer, every concert should have 30 songs at least, with an intermission in the 15th song, that's not so hard to do every night. Iron Maiden Plays more than 2 hours on a concert every time, and they are fucking old, why the offspring can do it ? Even Ivete Sangalo and shit bands here in Brasil can play more than 2 hours, this shit pisses me off...
you think that they┤re a robots?? remember they cam feel bad or just "out of fuel" :D

Fern˘meno
12-30-2004, 07:10 PM
you think that they┤re a robots?? remember they cam feel bad or just "out of fuel" :D

If they feel bad or without fuel after 2 hours playing that's ok...but If they feel bad after 1 hour they should stop playing, because nobody that likes playing gets tired after just an hour, and If they are playing without really wanting to play, and I really doubt that, they should just quit...

willferno
12-30-2004, 07:15 PM
well maybe on their next tour they will... you know they play a lot of the songs of their current album and some other songs but that's becuz it's the tour for that album... but I think if they do a big tour that isn't about their current album then they would rock all night long... lolll well or 2 hours

bouncingcoles
12-30-2004, 08:38 PM
i think the amount of time they play is fine. when i saw them they played about 22 songs. thats a pretty long set list. iron maiden is iron maiden, i dont know what there deal is, maybe its because there songs are pretty long and they have to play atleast 20 songs so it takes longer for the set to end because each song is fairly long.

Subsidal
12-31-2004, 03:12 AM
I was okay with the time of Offspring shows, till I went to the Die ─rzte concert. Die ─rzte play 3 hours and if they're in a good mood even longer!! Farin Urlaub (the singer of that band) was right as he said in concert that you'll be unsatisfied with every other show after you saw them, but even though I'm damn thankful for every show Offspring give in Cologne. Rather a short show than no show, I say!

Venezuelan_Nightmare
12-31-2004, 06:10 AM
If they feel bad or without fuel after 2 hours playing that's ok...but If they feel bad after 1 hour they should stop playing, because nobody that likes playing gets tired after just an hour, and If they are playing without really wanting to play, and I really doubt that, they should just quit...
yes, but remember that they can get tired , they┤re touring around the world example when offspring come here to play they play in october 27 and after they play they go to colombia to play almost 28 or 29 (don┤t remember very well) and see that. :rolleyes:

Fern˘meno
12-31-2004, 08:00 AM
i think the amount of time they play is fine. when i saw them they played about 22 songs. thats a pretty long set list. iron maiden is iron maiden, i dont know what there deal is, maybe its because there songs are pretty long and they have to play atleast 20 songs so it takes longer for the set to end because each song is fairly long.

Yeah man, that's what I'm talking. You see, Iron plays songs of 7, 8 minutes, they have to play 20 songs, so they play for to hours. Don't you agree with me that if a band have songs of 3 minutes or less, they have to play more than 20 songs to satisfy theier public ? For example in south america, they come here every 2 years or more, and they do a show in each country on the bigger city of the country, so we here have to travel long distances, spend a lot of money treveling, and more money on the ticket, for 1 hour of concert, knowing that they have enought songs to play for 4 hours at least, It's kind of disappointing. Another thing, this is a constructive critic, I went to all of theier shows here in Brazil, and they were all the best thing I made in the year, and they still are the best band ever for me

bouncingcoles
01-03-2005, 06:59 PM
the venues pays them to play there so its up to the venue how long they play.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
01-03-2005, 07:17 PM

The one I went to was really short. And they had 20 or 21 songs. It was still a kickass show. It rocked cos my friend got Noodles' pick handed to him and I stayed kinda late and got the setlist and got it autographed by Dexter

CreaturesInside
01-04-2005, 12:40 AM
The Cure plays for like 3 hours, and they have some short ones and some longer ones if they're playing things off Disintegration other than Lullaby (which is still rather long) and Lovesong.

Camilamazed
01-04-2005, 09:50 AM
I remember that they played at about 2 hours here in Brazil (It was in 97 and 99). This last yera they played at about half an hour. There wasn't a big difference of time I think. We must admit now that they are not that young and that Detxre has been singing for almost 20 years. I know that they still rock of course but we know that it can be hard now.Remember he canceled a gig in Lantinamerica because of voice problems??????
I bet they would rather play more than 2 hours ;)

nameless
01-04-2005, 02:53 PM
i saw them at wembley in march 2004 and the only crticism i had was that they didnt seem to play for very long, maybe its because they dont stop and chat to the crowd/between song banter (green day, blink 182).

i would also keep in mind the tempo of some of the songs as well!

mcmontoya
01-04-2005, 08:04 PM
I agree with those who think that the shows are too short. But I don't think that it's for the songs. 20 songs are ok. The thing is that they play them really fast, one after the other, they barely "talk" to the audience. Or at least that's what I felt in their show in Colombia. Don't get me wrong, it was a great show. But for people like me, who think that that was the only time we will get to see them live, 1 hour and 15 minutes is just too little time.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
01-07-2005, 07:16 PM
I think Iron Maiden's concerts are longer cause their songs are longer than hell

pretty_fly_white_guy858
01-07-2005, 07:19 PM
Well they did play at Woodstock 99 which was awesome. The "festival" was 3 days they played at least a 2 hour show. Thats pretty good since there were 6 or more other bands playin in the same day

CreaturesInside
01-07-2005, 09:18 PM
It's just a general fact that shows are getting shorter and ending eariler. I haven't been to many shows recently that don't end before 11. It's the MTV, short attention-span, "I wanna hear the songs I know", kids that are too young to be out past 11 on a school night ruining it.

I remember going to shows that would end late and I'd get home at 1-1:30 in the morning.

I miss that.

tle_punk
01-17-2005, 05:10 AM
Or maybe it's because they're getting old and they get tired easily?

Nah, I just miss the intermissions that they used to have.

Amelia
01-17-2005, 08:59 AM
I think their sets are a bit short too. This coming from someone who has been seeing them play over the last ten years. I would like to see them add a few more songs. I dont think age has anything to do with it, Bad Religion are the same age as Offspring or around the same age and there set was almost 2 hours if I remember correctly.

code_blue
01-22-2005, 09:24 PM
the venues pays them to play there so its up to the venue how long they play.

i saw offspring play at the x-fest in pittsburgh back in may. we had all-access passes and so we were able to see band schedules, set times, etc. offspring were given the time to play a full setlist -- that's an hour for them, basically -- and they instead chose to only play for forty minutes, doing their standard "festival" thing when they could have treated it like a normal show. that was pretty disappointing. of course, being able to watch from the side of the stage and then hang out with them in their dressing room after the show almost made up for that. :P

Mike_911
01-22-2005, 09:27 PM
I think their sets are a bit short too. This coming from someone who has been seeing them play over the last ten years. I would like to see them add a few more songs. I dont think age has anything to do with it, Bad Religion are the same age as Offspring or around the same age and there set was almost 2 hours if I remember correctly.

yeah i have to agree .. they should play longer then they could add the odd old song too.. i really wish offspring would play like almost 30 songs like bad religion do..

code_blue
01-23-2005, 09:23 AM
if they really get too "tired out" from playing for like 2 hours, why don't they just start doing an intermission again? but tiredness is not the issue.. they just don't want to put in the effort it seems. :|

Betty
01-23-2005, 10:38 PM
The fact that they don't play any older songs or even really Ixnay songs really makes me question their mentality. Basically, WHAT is Dexter thinking? Like, why "Worst Hangover" as opposed to "Lightning Rod" etc. They can still throw in enough big hits and still have enough time to play some of the fanbase favourites. That seems win-win to me. But they just don't do it.

Moose
01-23-2005, 10:49 PM
the length of the shows are about an hour, well the one i went to in june was...the point is noodles was like dead after the show, exhausted. he puts a ton of energy in everything, they all do, and they are around 40 up now...so the shows i dont expect to be longer, an hour will do...but they should play some older songs, they dont seem to understand how many people know the old stuff that go to the shows...they are afraid to bore the crowd...that is one of the reasons why they are such a great live band...dexter even said when they played pay the man live they were sure if the crowd liked it and was chilling to it, or if it bored them, so it is obviously on their minds...i mean all the stuff they play live is pretty much fast and they play the stuff even faster live than on the cds too...but they should play older songs, and more ixnay would be nice, but then again they have 7 cds, so if its only for one hour its hard to make a set list that fits everything in.

ThePidgeonMaster
01-24-2005, 11:13 PM

That's what them opening with two other bands is for. To tire you out so as to not notice that they play short concerts. People just try to save their energy for when their band comes on (any show, not just The Offspring).

So the problem isn't just the band, although it is probably the bigger part, it is the people who go to the concerts.

End.

psimate
01-25-2005, 10:11 AM
i totally agreed with fenomeno
too short shows,no old songs,no speaking,joking and talking to the audience...
they are too old? i dont think so...maiden(the example from here) is over 50 and they got the same energy as before, and Offs are 38-40 y. old and do what they like to do --- playing music!!!
i except good shows and music, thats why am i a fan and thats why i spend a lot of money to travel to foreign land to see them live
so they must play more songs or do longer shows
just watch the 95-97 videos, full of energy
:cool: