PDA

View Full Version : The Used

Nate Dogg
04-27-2007, 05:15 PM
The Used rock. Anyone else lookin' forward to their new release in May. Lies For The Liars should be great and it has The Bird And The Worm which is a great song.
Their past CD's were amazing, hopefully this one is just as sweet or better :p

WebDudette
04-27-2007, 05:17 PM
All I know about the Used is that they did a incredibly bad cover of Under Pressure with MCR.

Llamas
04-27-2007, 05:18 PM
I like them, but I'm often embarrassed to listen to them due to how whiny they are. I liked their self-titled album quite a lot. I liked In Love and Death, too, but it was a little overly whiny and plain. I didn't know they were releasing another album... I'll get around to checking it out, if I can find it somewhere.

I saw them live twice. They put on a pretty decent show, but both times they only played for like 45 minutes... which is retarded because they have well over 45 minutes of material.

edit: I like their cover of under pressure. I don't know why. I just like Burt's voice. The dude from MCR sucked ass in the cover, though. I also think it's hard for me to not like that song no matter who does it.

JohnnyNemesis
04-27-2007, 06:24 PM
I fucking love Nate Dogg's avatar.

Alls I know about The Used is that I'm not interested in them despite how amazing "Box of Sharp Objects" was.

H1T_That
04-28-2007, 04:08 AM
I used to listen to The Used a lot, but lsot a shit load of respect for them after the Under Pressure incident. I probably won't check out the new album, as i feel they peaked with thier last album. Which was still only a very average album.

Maybe Memories, The Taste Of Ink, I Caught Fire and I'm A Fake are still amazing songs though.

Llamas
04-28-2007, 04:35 AM
Alls I know about The Used is that I'm not interested in them despite how amazing "Box of Sharp Objects" was.
That is a very good song. That album had similarly awesome songs...

I used to listen to The Used a lot, but lsot a shit load of respect for them after the Under Pressure incident. I probably won't check out the new album, as i feel they peaked with thier last album. Which was still only a very average album.

Maybe Memories, The Taste Of Ink, I Caught Fire and I'm A Fake are still amazing songs though.
I don't understand what is *so* bad about their cover of Under Pressure. And I really don't ever understand how one cover and make or break a band for someone.

Those are all really good songs, I agree.

coke_a_holic
04-28-2007, 01:02 PM

Quoted for truth.

bouncingcoles
04-28-2007, 02:57 PM
i think the used are pretty lame. the first cd had some acceptable songs though. their fan base sucks too. like AFI's

Llamas
04-28-2007, 03:12 PM
their fan base sucks too. like AFI's

This is very true. But they aren't lame. :P

Nate Dogg
04-28-2007, 09:06 PM
Thanks Johnny your's is pretty awesome to!
Noise And Kisses is my favorite song by The Used, right now at least (my favorite has changed about 5 times though!).:D

RoxnRollBassist
04-29-2007, 09:01 PM
i do like the used. Their new single the bird and the worm is awesome. something diffrent. I've heard a couple of songs from their first albulm but i still have to buy it. I own their second abulm. I thought their songs sometimes were whiney, but it still was great. I love take it away

H1T_That
05-22-2007, 11:22 AM
Their new album is pretty damn golden.

Llamas
05-22-2007, 11:31 AM
what's it like? is it more like the first or the second? or it something totally new?

H1T_That
05-22-2007, 02:02 PM
Totally new.

Hence why i like it as an album, rather than odd tracks from thier first 2 albums. The whole album is full of catchy songs.

Llamas
05-22-2007, 02:12 PM
Damn... I want it... maybe, just maybe I can find it in a store here... but that's so unlikely. :(

H1T_That
05-22-2007, 02:24 PM
The artwork is rather good too. I'd recommend downloading a few of the tracks to see if you like it, then buying the actual album.

Llamas
05-22-2007, 02:36 PM
Any chance you could do any uploading? I really hate asking cause I ask way too much since I got here, but they block us from using P2P :( I understand if you don't wanna do it... but if you feel so inclined, I'd really appreciate it!

H1T_That
05-22-2007, 02:38 PM
Any chance you could do any uploading? I really hate asking cause I ask way too much since I got here, but they block us from using P2P :( I understand if you don't wanna do it... but if you feel so inclined, I'd really appreciate it!

Sure i'll upload it. Not right now though, i'm off to do some housework, get a shower etc. Maybe later tonight or tomorrow though.

How are you blocked from using P2P? Aren't you at you home computer?

Llamas
05-22-2007, 02:42 PM
I live in kind of a "dorm", and we're given the internet that's provided. It's free. But the first night I had the 'net, I downloaded an episode of Lost with utorrent, and now when I try to use torrent or limewire or anything, they can't connect. I'm not sure how they blocked it, but they did. :(

H1T_That
05-22-2007, 02:45 PM
I see.

Isn't there any computer geeks living in the dorm who can route you through thier home-made network bypass system in return for sexual favours?

I hear you can get anything in europe.

Llamas
05-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Probably, but I have *no* idea who to ask. I don't know any computer geeks living here. :(

H1T_That
05-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Probably, but I have *no* idea who to ask. I don't know any computer geeks living here. :(

As i said, its europe, experiment a little, lolz.

How off-topic has this thread went...

Nate Dogg
05-23-2007, 06:00 PM
You download the album from albumbase.com. Then you can buy it (or just not because it's in such good quality).
The album rocks by the way. The best songs are Paralyzed, The Bird And The Worm, and Hospital. The other songs are also great.

Llamas
06-13-2007, 10:48 AM
I had the tv on the other day, and some song started playing... as it was ending, I said, "wow, that song was really generic and annoying..." and then I saw it was the Used. :( I just watched it on youtube to give it a second shot, and I really didn't like it. Sure it could grow on me, but it really was crap... now I'm skeptical about buying the album.

H1T_That
06-30-2007, 04:37 AM
In one file it it was 60.5mb. The max uplaod is 60, so i halfed it.

part 1
http://www.savefile.com/files/852968

part 2
http://www.savefile.com/files/852969

Llamas
06-30-2007, 09:08 AM
Dang. I still hate the bird and the worm, but this album is really good. It's not as good as the self-titled, but wow. The horns in Paralyzed and With me Tonight are great. Paralyzed is just straight up a great song... but this album has so much diversity. Some of these songs don't sound at all like what you'd expect from the Used.

The Used gets compared to MCR so often... and I can hear similarities, but I've always thought the Used kicked MCR's asses. Then MCR did the Black Parade, and I was like, whoa this is really good... better than the Used's last album. But this album is basically the Used's version of Black Parade, with all the progression and outside influence. And it's way better. Kick out the single from it, and it's really awesome. Earthquake is really great, too.

After one listen, I give it 8/10.

Thomas
06-30-2007, 09:23 AM
I can't really picture myself getting into them. I've heard a few songs on the radio and I didn't really like them. There was one of their videos, though, that I saw and went "wow. That's a really good video." I don't remember which one it was but it was a good video. I just don't like their music all that much.

Andy
06-30-2007, 09:56 AM
Taste of Ink reminds me of being a 16/17 year old in scummy Birmingham rock clubs, drinking Carlsberg Export from the bottle and getting off with ugly rock chicks.

Llamas
06-30-2007, 10:48 AM
I can't really picture myself getting into them. I've heard a few songs on the radio and I didn't really like them. There was one of their videos, though, that I saw and went "wow. That's a really good video." I don't remember which one it was but it was a good video. I just don't like their music all that much.

I'm curious as to which video you really liked. I've never really been into their videos, so I'd like to really watch the one you liked.
Here are some of their videos... from the first album.

One of my favorite songs by the band "Blue and Yellow": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECVqR2Y5MZs

This is a pretty good song "Taste of Ink": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4trKM3VUsyM

I like this one a lot "Box Full of Sharp Objects": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7sTydoLHRc

This one is okay "Buried Myself Alive": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvwO35_YQ9Y&mode=related&search=

From the second album:

All That I've Got: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZxPZGtZknc

I Caught Fire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGE5r0joz3I

Llamas
06-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Earthquake is damn good. The new album is really diverse, though. I don't think there's a typical sound of songs on it. But the two earlier albums had typical sounds. Check out the videos I linked. Most fans (including me) like the first album better than the second.

Thomas
06-30-2007, 11:26 AM
Yeah, it was the video to All That I've got. I dunno. I just thought it was an interesting concept.

Llamas
06-30-2007, 11:33 AM
Watched it. It is cool. Not that great of a song, though. :-/

Thomas
06-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Those were my thoughts when I first saw it, too.

H1T_That
07-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Taste of Ink reminds me of being a 16/17 year old in scummy Birmingham rock clubs, drinking Carlsberg Export from the bottle and getting off with ugly rock chicks.

They always used to play Taste Of Ink at rock slut night here too. It was kinda the slow dance song at the end of a ball, only it had the power to get girls knickers off before they left the club, as aposed to in your bedroom.